Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
strongest z fighter
This poll is closed.
goku 71 18.39%
vegeta 43 11.14%
gohan 37 9.59%
hercule 235 60.88%
Total: 386 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

hopefully it will teach me some tricks to jap cooking, i got to make exactly one japanese dish in culinary school. im willing to make some sacrifices for greater education

dredge the bottom of the sea, eat the most disgusting looking thing you can find writhing around raw. that's it

Edit: sorry, you need to try and make it look pretty first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

hopefully it will teach me some tricks to jap cooking, i got to make exactly one japanese dish in culinary school. im willing to make some sacrifices for greater education

Cooking Papa is a much better option for that.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Can somebody please start translating Cooking Papa again?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

read cooking papa and shokugeki no soma

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

agreed cooking papa owns

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Someone go to japan and cure Katsura Hoshino of her illness so that she may complete D. Grey Man.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Literally The Worst posted:

The insane rantings are the best part of the comic though.
I wouldn't go that far but from the people I've recommended it to, his delusional ranting has been a stumbling block for getting through the first volume.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Davincie posted:

read cooking papa and shokugeki no soma

Also Addicted To Curry, but that may just be my preference.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Read Or Die and R.O.D. The TV are cool anims, and the latter is available on crunchyroll. However it is sadly not the excellent dub (which is even more so because many of the voice actors were first timers, kids, or otherwise relatively unknown, and also it has Helena Taylor), and they don't have Read Or Die which is kind of important for a lot of context. You should watch them if you have not, and that is my anime recommendation.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Samurai Papa is cool too and they should scanlate more of it

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

pro click

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

drat...Dunno If I wanna read more one piece or play more Tales of Hearts when I get home. Anime Gamer problems.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

where are you in one piece

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They just beat the foxy pirates and met the ice dude.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i think that's about the start of Water 7, which is the best arc

you should read one piece

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

i think that's about the start of Water 7, which is the best arc

you should read one piece
Yeah, Water 7/CP9 loving rules

vkeios
May 7, 2007

yeah it does; in fact I should really re-read that part. Its the best pre-Brook (the best straw hat) arc.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Endorph posted:

Can confirm.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
CP9 is fantastic

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
She's not in CP9 but Miss All Sunday is my all time fav name in one piece well as far as I got it still was

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
You know what isn't fantastic? The One Piece game for vita

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph posted:

Best arc.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Can I buy the color chapters in English because they rule but I hate flip-flopping between color and 2004 Era scan quality black and whites. Especially if this arc is super epic...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Also the TL quality for the colors is somehow even worse than the old scans. Lose was spelt loose for the entire foxy arc and it made me mad.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

drat...Dunno If I wanna read more one piece or play more Tales of Hearts when I get home. Anime Gamer problems.
are you playing R

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

im going to play hearts R once i finish xillia

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Budget Prefuse posted:

are you playing R

Yeah.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Also the TL quality for the colors is somehow even worse than the old scans. Lose was spelt loose for the entire foxy arc and it made me mad.
How the gently caress does that even happen

They've nearly caught up to the current chapters with the color ones(there seems to be over 600 chapters available on kissmanga according to snaplinks) and all the translations are horrible? God drat it, I was waiting for them to pretty much catch up before I re-read OP

OP is a great series and everyone should read it, even if you hate the artstyle it tends to just become accepted by most folks eventually anyways. I know I wasn't sold on the artstyle until Arlong Park, and at that point I didn't really care that it was cartoony-looking, and eventually grew to enjoy Oda's style.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The quality isn't mega terrible I guess, but despite being translated relatively recently theres still alot of dumb poo poo like Bisoromi Bear and engrishing luffy's attacks. The lose/loose thing was just the most recent example I came across, and yeah it wasn't just like once or twice it was literally every goddamn time it was said (which was alot) they got "losing" right though, somehow.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I enjoyed OP back when I still cared about reading shounen manga but I don't think I have the fortitude for 600 chapters of anything anymore, no matter how good it is.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Everything Burrito posted:

I enjoyed OP back when I still cared about reading shounen manga but I don't think I have the fortitude for 600 chapters of anything anymore, no matter how good it is.

I am many years behind and I feel the same way, though I will probably cave sometime and catch up. I'm in no hurry though, waiting weekly for shounen stuff blows.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The quality isn't mega terrible I guess, but despite being translated relatively recently theres still alot of dumb poo poo like Bisoromi Bear and engrishing luffy's attacks. The lose/loose thing was just the most recent example I came across, and yeah it wasn't just like once or twice it was literally every goddamn time it was said (which was alot) they got "losing" right though, somehow.

I think someone mentioned a while back that they are literally copy/pasting the translation from the old scans. I'm not sure, but I find it hard to believe they would use Bisoromi Bear for any other reason. Other than that it's funny, ofc.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Silento posted:

I think someone mentioned a while back that they are literally copy/pasting the translation from the old scans. I'm not sure, but I find it hard to believe they would use Bisoromi Bear for any other reason. Other than that it's funny, ofc.

Haha so does that mean the scans of the early colorized chapters still use names like Rufy.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If I had to suggest catching up, I'd say at least read up to the timeskip, then you can stop for a while again if you want. The Water Seven -> Enies Lobby -> Thriller Bark -> Sabaody Archipelago -> Impel Down -> Marineford War arcs all being excellent and all in a row are exactly what made One Piece become the best-selling book in Japan of all time. One Piece was big before, yeah, but all those arcs being genuinely good while Naruto and Bleach floundered in cash cow limbo caused it to often outsell the other top ten series every time a new volume hit, combined.

Like, if you enjoyed One Piece and never even made it to Water Seven, there's no question, you should start reading again both because that's where the series truly hits its stride, and also when the scanlations tend to pick up and be better quality. The series may not finish for another 5-10 years, but that doesn't mean you can't just read it in chunks. The timeskip is a perfectly good spot to stop again since it's a concrete stopping point in the storyline.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad I caught up with One Piece because the poo poo with Rosinante and Law was awesome.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Anime was invented in 1980 by Japan, after the first animes like Astro Boy and Dragon Ball everyone in the world started to like anime. Back in the 90s all anime was composed of badass fighting and robots, and it was a pastime for men

In 2007 the anime studio KyoAni tried something new with the anime "Lucky Star", this invented what would be known as "moe" and it was really successful among neckbeards and no life losers which bought that like mad, the other studios after seeing how successful Lucky Star was tried to imitate KyoAni and for the next years all they made was moeshit and stuff for kids, yuck.

After 2009 hit K-ON and Bakemonogatari anime was officially considered dead. Thanks moeshit.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

Anime was invented in 1980 by Japan, after the first animes like Astro Boy and Dragon Ball everyone in the world started to like anime. Back in the 90s all anime was composed of badass fighting and robots, and it was a pastime for men

In 2007 the anime studio KyoAni tried something new with the anime "Lucky Star", this invented what would be known as "moe" and it was really successful among neckbeards and no life losers which bought that like mad, the other studios after seeing how successful Lucky Star was tried to imitate KyoAni and for the next years all they made was moeshit and stuff for kids, yuck.

After 2009 hit K-ON and Bakemonogatari anime was officially considered dead. Thanks moeshit.

I haven't watched it yet, but I hear JoJos is good and v. manly. Try that!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

how about you go back to GBS, fucktard

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

• Locked thread