Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Myurton posted:

Also Miia is best girl.

That's a funny way of spelling Papi. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I don't think I've ever seen anyone try and claim that the harpy is the best girl before.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Command Ant posted:

That's a funny way of spelling Papi. :colbert:

:yikes:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

yikes

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Starsnostars posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone try and claim that the harpy is the best girl before.

papi is the go-to for people who like flatties, which is worrisome, but she's also pretty funny and is also a bird, and birds are pretty great, so a man is entitled to his love of the winged monmusu

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

A bold, yet regrettable choice. I shall let him slide.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

A bold, yet regrettable choice. I shall let him slide.

you should have said "i'll let this fly" because birds fly (because they're great)

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Takoluka posted:

papi is the go-to for people who like flatties, which is worrisome, but she's also pretty funny and is also a bird, and birds are pretty great, so a man is entitled to his love of the winged monmusu

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Buncha goddamn slack-jawed bigots in this thread! I can't believe the mods are letting this kind of open racism slide!

Takoluka posted:

papi is the go-to for people who like flatties, which is worrisome,

And sexism to boot?? This thread is going downhill, fast! You people should be ashamed of yourselves! :colbert:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Command Ant posted:

And sexism to boot?? This thread is going downhill, fast! You people should be ashamed of yourselves! :colbert:

look, man, I spend a lot of time talking about anime boobs in the Vita thread, so if you ain't down with life (hometown optional), my outlook is a little skewed

apologies, friend

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I thought it was because she looks and acts like a kid. :v:

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Papi is great when she isn't being played for "actually she's 18" loli-baiting fanservice. And she's the butt fanservice. She's alright in my book.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
*whispers* ...problematic...

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Killstealing.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Takoluka posted:

look, man, I spend a lot of time talking about anime boobs in the Vita thread, so if you ain't down with life (hometown optional), my outlook is a little skewed

apologies, friend

Kuroyama posted:

Papi is great when she isn't being played for "actually she's 18" loli-baiting fanservice.

But yeah, mostly this. My verdict on Papi is good person, less good anime girlfriend.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Am I the only one who would rather just see an action comedy series with the MON Team rather than what we have?

The ED is really selling me on a show that doesn't exist :smith:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

ConanThe3rd posted:

Am I the only one who would rather just see an action comedy series with the MON Team rather than what we have?

The ED is really selling me on a show that doesn't exist :smith:

It would be the same show but they would be the main harem instead of snake/horse/bird

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This show is what the Christian right was afraid would happen when we legalized gay marriage.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

This show is what the Christian right was afraid would happen when we legalized gay marriage.

They are also afraid of the people who want to marry inanimate objects. Like that one woman who says she wants to marry the eiffel tower.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Show appeals to gay audience. Can confirm.

shroomich
Apr 2, 2014

everythingWasBees posted:

It's true

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
nice

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag
So this show was designed by the gaystopo in order to force white straight men to have lots of butt sex, in order to spread the gay virus?

Sounds legit to me.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

Yeah, you are the OP after all.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Myurton posted:

So this show was designed by the gaystopo in order to force white straight men to have lots of butt sex, in order to spread the gay virus?

Sounds legit to me.

Well yes, but also lesbians to divert their energy from their natural role as breeders, in this case.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Yeah, you are the OP after all.

...yeah.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Droyer posted:

I liked the manga when it was just a story about a guy and his cute lamia girlfriend. I lost interest once it became a harem thing.

Yeah, I kind of wish it stayed about him and Miia.

I also wish I could remember that guy's name.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag
His name is Darling.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If it were only Miia we would never have several of the superior girls.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Kimihito

While is true the cast is getting a bit bloated, I don't think the series would be as enjoyable without Cera or Rachnne

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

chumbler posted:

If it were only Miia we would never have several of the superior girls.

Well, I mean, there's no reason the characters couldn't still exist.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

So, how did the race of monster girls hide themselves from humans for so long? Are there monster boys?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Smoking Crow posted:

So, how did the race of monster girls hide themselves from humans for so long? Are there monster boys?

theres at least centuar boys, and they're the reason horsegirls are so horned up for humans.

Repster
Nov 29, 2014

Smoking Crow posted:

Different world. They just exist in a different country. On an island. Etc. And there are some monster boys at least.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So finally could see the first chapter.

While is mostly a 1:1 adaptation for the manga was pretty enjoyable, it was curious how they avoided the nudity present on the manga, while adding some more blatant fanservice scenes at the same time though.

The voice acting was solid although I wasn't expecting that kind of voices for Kimihito and Miia. Yu Kobayashi voicing Ms Smith made the whole thing a little weird for me since I couldn't stop hearing SK's Katsuragi every time she talked.

All around a solid first episode.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Myurton posted:

Sounds legit to me.

Well, actually, a snake's reproductive system and... I'll stop there, let's not make this that sort of thread.

Also: OP, make an OP.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Dzhay posted:

Well, actually, a snake's reproductive system and... I'll stop there, let's not make this that sort of thread.

Also: OP, make an OP.

It's the op this show deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Both the dude's name and the fact that he has parents who are out of the country are mentioned in the first chapter and then literally never come up again.

He also has no indication of any sort of school, friends, hobbies, job, or life outside of having semi-human girls live with him. He is the emptiest and blandest of all harem protagonists, existing solely as a generic target at which the heroines throw themselves at.

• Locked thread