Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Love Live?
This poll is closed.
Honoka 3 1.74%
Umi 7 4.07%
Kotori 3 1.74%
Hanayo 2 1.16%
Rin 13 7.56%
Maki 12 6.98%
Eli 3 1.74%
Nozomi 8 4.65%
Nico 38 22.09%
Kenshiro 83 48.26%
Total: 172 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah this popular series is getting an anime *yawns* dont even know what its about...its so beneath me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

nya characters suck

gently caress you

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah this popular series is getting an anime *yawns* dont even know what its about...its so beneath me...

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
The only thing I have read from the author of Fist of the North Star is Misappropriation Investigator Nakabo Rintaro

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

here's the best love live scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3nq4U4k1mY

also really misleading because something like this happens like twice in the show

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

i liked how if zorak didnt like a series he would make tons of snippy/misleading comments about them in the season thread OPs

quote:

01/05 AKB0048 Next Stage
Studio: Satelight. That anime about young anime girl idols fighting a regime of oppression by making songs and inspiring rebels or whatever continues. The irony also continues to be missed.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

The Colonel posted:

The only thing I have read from the author of Fist of the North Star is Misappropriation Investigator Nakabo Rintaro
Nakabo Rintaro oughta investigate you for a misappropriation of your time.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I was looking for love live comments but heck, that'll do

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

j/k Rintaro is boss.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Bad Seafood posted:

Nakabo Rintaro oughta investigate you for a misappropriation of your time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

here's the best love live scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3nq4U4k1mY

also really misleading because something like this happens like twice in the show
i think it was just a one-off joke

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

nya characters suck

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

zorak seems like he got burnt out on anime around like 2009 and that's totally normal if you've been super-engaged with anime for like 9 years, but he just kind of kept modding an anime forum and going on an anime podcast until he turned into a bitter self-parody and even now he still goes on a weekly anime podcast to sigh loudly into a microphone

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tetsuo Hara manga is loving win. I'm reading his one about the Tokugawa's body double... Powerful as hell.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

like, it's really weird whenever people on the internet go "why doesn't japan ever make media about college students or adults", instead of pointing to the tons of stuff that's like that, everyone goes on a weird rant about japan's unique problem of adult life being thought of as less fun and free than teenage life

because nobody has ever described your college years as "the best years of your life" in the us, ever

Motto fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Aug 8, 2015

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

zorak seems like he got burnt out on anime around like 2009 and that's totally normal if you've been super-engaged with anime for like 9 years, but he just kind of kept modding an anime forum and going on an anime podcast until he turned into a bitter self-parody and even now he still goes on a weekly anime podcast to sigh loudly into a microphone

thats why old people are the worst

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

zorak, after leaving the adtrw boards:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

zorak, after leaving the adtrw boards:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Endorph posted:

Breaks are good.

One time I took like a year-long break from anime. Since I've come back, I enjoy it even more.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 8, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

poor rin

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

I actually decided to check that podcast out and it wasn't the worst anime podcast I've listened to.

He didn't hate everything, and was positive about the subject of the episode I listened to

Unfortunately a review of Jojo that reviews it by summarizing what happens while making comments every now and then is, well

It's what all those internet reviewers do and it's lame!!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Motto posted:

like, it's really weird whenever people on the internet go "why doesn't japan ever make media about collage students or adults", instead of pointing to the tons of stuff that's like that, everyone goes on a weird rant about japan's unique problem of adult life being thought of as less fun and free than teenage life

because nobody has ever described your collage years as "the best years of your life" in the us, ever

Well, of course you make a collage about your best years. Why would you choose any other time?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

it's good to take breaks from things to decide if you really still enjoy it, or just need to not be engaged with that single interest for so much of the time

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Droyer posted:

Well, of course you make a collage about your best years. Why would you choose any other time?

poo poo

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Motto posted:

like, it's really weird whenever people on the internet go "why doesn't japan ever make media about collage students or adults", instead of pointing to the tons of stuff that's like that, everyone goes on a weird rant about japan's unique problem of adult life being thought of as less fun and free than teenage life

because nobody has ever described your collage years as "the best years of your life" in the us, ever
Gatchaman Crowds is about collage students.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Motto posted:

It's incredibly weird because we're seeing that sort of thing in the west too

Like with how Young Adult fiction is incredibly popular, even among people that are in their 20s and 30s.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto posted:

like, it's really weird whenever people on the internet go "why doesn't japan ever make media about college students or adults", instead of pointing to the tons of stuff that's like that, everyone goes on a weird rant about japan's unique problem of adult life being thought of as less fun and free than teenage life

because nobody has ever described your college years as "the best years of your life" in the us, ever

Where is my hard hitting political thriller about voter apathy, Japan???

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Where is my hard hitting political thriller about voter apathy, Japan???

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Q: Which anime can you watch with your parents/friends/relatives/co-workers?

A: All of them.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Don't make me check out an ongoing series, how dare you.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

sorry sorry i like some anime people but most of the people on youtube i don't like you know the people who review anime are odd sometimes except for animeeveryday i like him he is good and makes good vids.

and i don't post in gbs anymore!! well not much anyway i think it's bad too

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my advice: don't watch any youtube personalities

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Don't make me check out an ongoing series, how dare you.

The first season is over, if that counts

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Grumpy Jii-san was okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

Q: Which anime can you watch with your parents/friends/relatives/co-workers?

A: All of them.

dunno, when my dad asked about kill la kill (because he saw it on a new shows list and it had a badass name) i firmly avoided the question

• Locked thread