Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I don't. I watched the first season as it was released. Can you blame me? It looked neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

If it's a chore to watch, don't watch it.

This is not how anime fans work

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Look, I had to give it a fair shot.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Never heard of enthusiasm outstripping competence before? It's a pretty omnipresent phenomenon. Person sees cool thing, wants to do cool thing, trips up over themselves because they didn't read the (literal or metaphorical) manual first.

This is the blurb from Darth Walrus's posting memoir

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Namtab posted:

This is not how anime fans work

Does RWBY count towards 100% myanimelist completion?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
rwby is a weird show where season one kinda falls on its face as machinma dudes and a fight video dude try to make an anime and then season two is pretty all around alright but started to show issues because they ran out of time and season three looks p crisp and good thus far

it just kinda boggles the mind there's gonna be three years of this show

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Space Flower posted:

Does RWBY count towards 100% myanimelist completion?

I'm not even going for that cheevo, I just hoped they'd get better with practice, ya know? The actors weren't really in character yet, the writer had zero experience writing fiction, the animators were working with scratch models made by a guy who was, himself, new to modeling, Oum never evolved past his outdated copy of poser... It was all forgivable at the time, ya know? I don't know, maybe I was trying to justify the hype.

It didn't get better. I want it to be better. The trailer was really cool.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

BattleCattle posted:

I don't. I watched the first season as it was released. Can you blame me? It looked neat.

It looked like Rooster Teeth garbage from the release of the trailer, if you were expecting something different then my condolences but drat

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

It looked like Rooster Teeth garbage from the release of the trailer, if you were expecting something different then my condolences but drat

I was a moron, and rooster teeth was new to me.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I like the achievement hunters.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Namtab posted:

Michael's a funny guy.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Namtab posted:

A single-star achievement hunter, combing the untamed wilds for rare and unheard of inane things to do for arbitrary Internet points.

Next time on Hunter x Hunter.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Bad Seafood posted:

Haven't seen that one. Probably should. Looks like fun.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

A single-star achievement hunter, combing the untamed wilds for rare and unheard of inane things to do for arbitrary Internet points.

not everything is an anime reference, mod

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BattleCattle posted:

Haven't seen that one. Probably should. Looks like fun.

The 2011 series? It's superb. Basically as good as long-running shonen gets.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Namtab posted:

not everything is an anime reference, mod

Reported.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

When someone outside of VEGETA says something is "too anime" or something to that effect, I'm sure they have RWBY on mind to qualify that claim. With complete sincerity, I love how people outside of Japan have distilled anime to its purest essence with RWBY.

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 7, 2015

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

...I have to see the rest because I hate myself, I can't do this alone.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

BattleCattle posted:

...I have to see the rest because I hate myself, I can't do this alone.

Namtab posted:

It's dumb, I'll probably watch all of it

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

The episodes are still 10 minutes each, right? Sure, I could take the dive.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

https://synchtu.be/r/BLCLTV

I'll get the playlist set up.

Goddammit.

Should we start with season 1?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

BattleCattle posted:

https://synchtu.be/r/BLCLTV

I'll get the playlist set up.

Goddammit.

Should we start with season 1?

Ofc

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Level Slide posted:

When someone outside of VEGETA says something is "too anime" or something to that effect, I'm sure they have RWBY on mind to qualify that claim.

As someone who does this regularly I can confirm.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The Yellow trailer looked neat and well animated.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The trailers were all just fight scenes, so I remember them being pretty decent.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

I'm 3 mins into episode 1

- About half this time was exposition, because why have worldbuilding occur naturally through conversation
- Orange haired guy robs a shop; shopkeeper says "please take my yen and leave" because the thing written by white people in america has to hit maximum weeb.
- Guy draws his sword upon seeing a girl in a red hood. She's gonna give herself tinnitus playing her rock music this loud

It's dumb, I'll probably watch all of it

Heck I attempted this with a pal but then we got to the second season and the episodes became longer with less happening

It committed the worst sin a piece of fiction can do

It became boring as heck

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Episode 10. This sucks, nora owns

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Back when I was in college during an anime course there was this one guy who kept insisting he was going to hit it off and go and make animes and he loving loved this show and would try to get everyone to watch it. So when he came around and was like "Hey man you like animes? Check this poo poo out" and put a video on even with zero standards I was somehow disappointed. The animation was worse than some of those early 90's CG cartoons and as far as I could tell, it the most generically anime thing possible. Like that old gaia-online site but somehow animated.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Season 1's knocked out. We're going for another deviantart safari tomorrow.
Also, literally goku.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Jaune is the loving worst.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm worried that if Nora gets more screen time the bubbly enthusiasm that feels so refreshing in half-minute bursts will become intolerable!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BattleCattle posted:

Season 1's knocked out. We're going for another deviantart safari tomorrow.
Also, literally goku.

Season 2 is worse so I hope you are prepared.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Same, honestly. With Luna at the wheel, anything can happen, as long as it isn't good.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Season 2 is worse so I hope you are prepared.

My expectations are tempered, but there's no preparing for RWBY.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I pronounce it 'raw-bee'

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

173 minutes of nonstop rwby action.

gently caress my life.

Please look forward to it.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I missed the stream, but that's alright because I've already watched the first season.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yah give us like an hour's warning tomorrow I only caught the first season stream by accident.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Pierson posted:

Yah give us like an hour's warning tomorrow I only caught the first season stream by accident.

Will do.

E. It's happening at 2:00 PM Eastern, 11:00 AM Pacific on November 8th. The stream is at BLCLTV at Synchtu.be.

BattleCattle fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 8, 2015

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
This is the weirdest season of Red Vs Blue I have seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

It's about to get weirder. There's a manga coming out in a week or so.

• Locked thread