Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Woo yeH let's argue about Yurikuma some more, end the year like we started it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

idk then, 'completely ignoring' was probably overdramatic but i would have really preferred if morishima had just gotten to do whatever she wanted and you even get a bit of that in that link, with her saying she kind of wants to just focus on the older characters in her manga

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Welcome to worst anime 2015

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

Yoshiyuki Tomino's opinions on the latest Gundam show.

Did Tomino the Killer came back? Or is it just grumpy ol' Tomino?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm sorry for starting this derail can someone please vote for something now

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Did Tomino the Killer came back? Or is it just grumpy ol' Tomino?

I was mostly talking about how everyone used that one fake interview with him to say that he hated Gundam SEED with the burning passion of a thousand suns. Don't know if he's said anything about Gundam: IBO (which is good and does not belong in this thread).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

maybe the real invisible storm were the friends we made along the way

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Th invisible storm is going to be my head when I wake up tomorrow

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I vote to exclude Sakurazuka's head.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

Most avoided show:

Cross Ange: After watching the 1st episode, I decided that it wasn't for me, and not even cool new songs by Nana Mizuki were going to convince me otherwise. Then my daughter started watching the show and she thought it would be cool to make it part of that chunk of time where we watch stuff together and then play video games. She got bored of it at around episode 9 and we started watching Hunter x Hunter instead.

Darth Walrus posted:

I was mostly talking about how everyone used that one fake interview with him to say that he hated Gundam SEED with the burning passion of a thousand suns. Don't know if he's said anything about Gundam: IBO (which is good and does not belong in this thread).

Ah, old stuff. I enjoyed the interviews he gave to Newtype about disliking the way most voice actors from these few past generations tend to sound really samey and how the new Gundam (at the time; the one he made) was more for newer generations and that maybe the old guard might not dig it.

I remember one of my boys over there actually commenting on it during this one chat and how he wishes to never be on Tomino's shitlist.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tomino also recently said a bit of the official setting info for Reconguista was wrong, and I prefer his take on it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I already voted but honorary mention to Jitsu Wa for taking a funny manga and making it meh

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

the best part of my lovely yurikuma thread was that one ann writer getting really mad about adtrw from that point on and never posting here again, because i made fun of the show

lmao

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

utena was good because it had surfing elephants and a crazy girl thinking she was turning into a cow and all kinds of awesome stuff

nanami is the best

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sakurazuka posted:

I already voted but honorary mention to Jitsu Wa for taking a funny manga and making it meh

Same. Plus, I hated the OP, bad song, bad animation.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Namtab posted:

I don't watch anime, I only came here to read reviews

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

The Devil Tesla posted:

Namtab's favorite anime

But k-on didn't come out this year.

Or do you mean k-on with tubas? Cus that's my choice too.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Cross Ange

:barf:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm amending my post to include Hacka Doll the Animation as my worst anime, since I actually did see 3 episodes of it!

Davincie posted:

instead of watching cross ange and other garbage etc etc watch hackadoll for badass parodies and the best work trigger has done

Droyer posted:

You have literally only seen the op. Perhaps it is a bit premature to call the entire show hollow.

Just to spite these guys, I watched the first 3 episodes so I could add them to the worst anime thread :smug:

The first episode wasn't really funny, aside from maybe the body pillow gag and the one second shot of #3 with a picture of her own face taped on her.

The second episode was better, and I'm glad that all of the Hacking dolls and their fans got crushed and killed by their bad music.

The Third episode was even worse than the first episode, and the only noteworthy thing of it was that it was a parody of that one episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion with the Angel that was a virus.

So yes, I can say the show is mostly hollow and more miss than hit.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God drat that's dedication.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Julias posted:

Just to spite these guys, I watched the first 3 episodes so I could add them to the worst anime thread :smug:
Look at this bad anime watching badass we got over here.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Look at this bad anime watching badass we got over here.

This but unironically.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

For avoidance Cross Ange really is the right answer. For shows I actually watched the only ones I remember getting pissed off at were (1) Aldnoah and (2) Yatterman.

Aldnoah is the goddamn woooooorst.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Asterisk of a Failed Knight for being two shows so creatively bankrupt & indistinguishable I'm counting them as one show.

Jitsu wa Watashi Wa for being a supremely disappointing adaptation of a decent manga.

Cross Ange for being Cross Ange, basically.

Most avoided goes to Sound Euphonium not for any notable failing, but because there is nothing on God's green earth that will convince me of the necessity of yet another anime featuring Japanese schoolgirls in an afterschool music club.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Rangpur posted:

Most avoided goes to Sound Euphonium not for any notable failing, but because there is nothing on God's green earth that will convince me of the necessity of yet another anime featuring Japanese schoolgirls in an afterschool music club.
It's a deconstr

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rangpur posted:

Asterisk of a Failed Knight for being two shows so creatively bankrupt & indistinguishable I'm counting them as one show.

Jitsu wa Watashi Wa for being a supremely disappointing adaptation of a decent manga.

Cross Ange for being Cross Ange, basically.

It's not an after school music club; it's actual band class, with boys too, and they actually do marching performances and such.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I didn't think I'd watched more than two episodes of any shows that I dropped, then remembered I did actually watch five episodes of Rainy Cocoa, which I dropped because it didn't look like the boys were ever going to kiss.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

All these posts reminded me what my most avoided show was: Yuri Kuma. A friend told me I was gonna be the greatest thing but I decided "nah" after watching the PV

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

The two worst would be Cross Ange and Kancolle easily. I Watched all of Cross Ange because I clearly hate myself, but its badness was at least entertaining, Kancolle just sucked. I think they could have done pretty much anything else with it and that would have been more interesting. It didn't even focus on the good botes!!!!!!!

Lastly Etotama, not a bad attempt at mixing CG and animation and hey the show itself looked nice. Dull as dishwater in spite of that.

Most Avoided Anime 2015:

Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid, because I've been traumatised enough for one year thanks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rangpur posted:

it's not a moe comedy or anything.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

it's not a moe comedy or anything.

Then why did people recommend it to me.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Then why did people recommend it to me.

because it's a good show

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have notoriously bad taste.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm just joking I liked the first two episodes but then stopped halfway in episode 3 for some reason.

I should really try to finish it before the year is over.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm just joking I liked the first two episodes but then stopped halfway in episode 3 for some reason.

I should really try to finish it before the year is over.

you should! it's already getting an s2

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

dogsicle posted:

you should! it's already getting an s2

Oh cool, do they finally ditch the horrible horrible yuri relationships in lieu of the admirable childhood friends ship and the student x teacher ship?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Oh cool, do they finally ditch the horrible horrible yuri relationships in lieu of the admirable childhood friends ship and the student x teacher ship?

:crossarms:
i won't be playing this game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Worst Shows:

Aldnoah Zero - Well that squandered all the good will it earned early on.
Plastic Memories - Committed the unforgivable sin of being boring.
Grisaia - Didn't blow up the school 0/10

Most Avoided Show

Cross Ange - D.R.A.G.O.N.

• Locked thread