Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i took a throwing knife and for some reason it was on the bottom of my estus flask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
To me demons has a lot going for it and better levels than dark or dark 2 but ultimately all the systems are just more clunky.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I like that the structure is a Super Mario map, and it was the first one I played and it's still the most surprised and excited a game has ever made me, when I first spent hours trying to pick apart the oddness of it

but in Dark Souls you can go in the painting like in Super Mario 64

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i would like dark souls a million times more than demons if it was a completed game, but its not so demons is king

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if anyone tells me you can just skip the dragonbutts by staring at the spider lady for 30 minutes giving her humanity ill shoot them in the back of the head

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

if anyone tells me you can just skip the dragonbutts by staring at the spider lady for 30 minutes giving her humanity ill shoot them in the back of the head

i just finished that because i didnt wanna deal with them or the centipede while being based around pyromancy.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Demons Souls is my favorite because I played it first, kind of like how I prefer lock stock and two smoking barrels over Snatch

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i never beat demons or even got very far, i definitely need to one day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

You can also run past them in 30 seconds

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SM64Guy posted:

its a beautiful game

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

I always do that to save my best friend

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I do wall last so that arena is really easy as a caster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

It has some extremely memorable boss fights. They're all very unique. The only thing that's annoying is that you get too strong at a certain point, since the difficulty of each area is basically tuned so that you can do the game in any order. About halfway through you can clobber the rest of the game, or immediately if you know precisely what areas you want to visit

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

also don't act like you don't like staring at sexy spider lady

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It also the flip side effect of making the final bosses of most of the areas level-independent puzzles, which is fun.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

It has some extremely memorable boss fights. They're all very unique. The only thing that's annoying is that you get too strong at a certain point, since the difficulty of each area is basically tuned so that you can do the game in any order. About halfway through you can clobber the rest of the game, or immediately if you know precisely what areas you want to visit

thats what bloodborne seemed like though it was probably because i had the huge op sword, anyways that didnt make it disappointing or anything i thought

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

really the only genuinely hard parts of demons were world 4 and 1-3/1-4. latria is creepy and youll get owned by the casters the first time but its very simple once you know to bullrush them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The swamp is the hardest for me , especially since there's no Iron Ring equivalent

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Demons has the most out there status effects and what not, they really went all out to make PVP encounters frightening. You can get a spell that just straight up delevels people. That's nuts!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

you can skip through them by running through them. they dont even notice you

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

i would like dark souls a million times more than demons if it was a completed game, but its not so demons is king

Demon's isn't technically finished either with the broken archstone

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

ive always heard this but whenever i tried id get ganged up on by like three of them. im convinced its a troll.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

yes yes i know i know. i just really dread that whole bad part of the game and the bad boss at the end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can see me do it a few weeks when I'm streaming Dark Souls 1

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SM64Guy posted:

ive always heard this but whenever i tried id get ganged up on by like three of them. im convinced its a troll.

really .. you have to run within 5ft of one for it to attack you

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

really .. you have to run within 5ft of one for it to attack you

i havent actually tried in a long time and it was only a couple times, did they patch it or something

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

SM64Guy posted:

i havent actually tried in a long time and it was only a couple times, did they patch it or something

yeah in like the first major balance patch they made the dragonbutts deaf and dumb and they only aggro on contact, basically

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i remember when the game first came out you had to pray they just killed eachother lol

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

well it was certainly after that, i might just be retarded

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

they also flat out deleted 2 or 3 of them. it was a clusterfuck

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's such a minor part of the game that I don't mind. I like the boss right before that area, the centipede guy. Fun fight

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Bobnumerotres posted:

Big ups to everyone saying they'd never seen this opinion expressed anywhere ever lol.

fiber
Nov 18, 2012
i played demons first and also like it the best, i remember false king took forever because i only had a magic weapon which he was super resistant to. doing only a sliver of damage while being able to be oneshot was intense and long and i was exhausted after finally winning but it was epic as hell

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

youre kinda weird dude

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Work Friend Keven posted:

Big ups to everyone saying they'd never seen this opinion expressed anywhere ever lol.

:yikes:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

shut the gently caress up keven

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Don't disrespect Keven. It's honestly embarrassing for you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

fiber posted:

i played demons first and also like it the best, i remember false king took forever because i only had a magic weapon which he was super resistant to. doing only a sliver of damage while being able to be oneshot was intense and long and i was exhausted after finally winning but it was epic as hell

i havent felt like this about any souls boss since until the bloodborne DLC with maria and the final boss. maria is straight up a big homage to False King too and you think "welp, doesnt get any harder than that" and then lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

Don't disrespect Keven. It's honestly embarrassing for you.

get the gently caress out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

shut the gently caress up keven

welcome back

• Locked thread