Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
More bullying! Bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
We know the firefighter's name. That means he's important. We know there's something up with the fire's spread, and the dude's wearing a mask. Evil! Or at least, our antagonist for the episode!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
oh my God everyone involved in labors for the government is incompetent

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

oh my God everyone involved in labors for the government is incompetent

Most of SV2 is some level of competent.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I love this diplomat guy. "OH NO! HELP ME PLEASE!"

Droyer posted:

Most of SV2 is some level of competent.

Ota makes up for them, though.

e: and the confession! yeah, he's cool

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
lol Shinobu wanted the weird trophy thing. Good episode. I'm sorry, I was wrong about you, noble firefighter guy.

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

I'm glad that in the modern ADTRW Patlabor gets the love and respect it deserves.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Catching up now!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SV2 does not seem remotely equipped to handle what looks for all the world like a heavy millitary labor.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Done with Episode 5. That was good. Fight with the X-10 was really entertaining. I liked the bit at the end. "Hey captain, weren't we supposed to destroy the X-10 and deny all involvement." "Yeah, but eh. Besides, none of our weapons can actually hurt it anyway. :v:"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

And done with 6. Good couple of episodes - I always prefer it when Patlabor focuses on more 'realistic' incidents like these.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

also :3:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://a.pomf.cat/xobbhi.webm

I can't believe Pikari grew up to become a police officer

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'll be streaming tonight's episodes at the appointed time, and plan to stream from here on when my schedule allows.

https://synchtu.be/r/Super_Idol_Time

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Simul starts in 2 minutes!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Labor: A Robot Specifically Designed For Construction Work

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Will Noa stay faithful to Alphonse? :ohdear:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Perfectly timed 3 minutes cup ramen, ahhh.

Cops shouldn't shoot 42mm rounds into the air like that, someone is in for a nasty surprise when it falls back to earth with ballistic trajectory!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Finally some Shinobu. I think that's the first time she's really done anything in the TV show. Good ep.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spoilers: This episode is probably not actually about an Oni.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...A-are those the two from HFIL?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Ota's incompetence is finally useful! I wonder if that "terrorist" labor was set up by Shaft specifically to get combat data into the prototype labor :tinfoil:

I'm starting 8 now.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

That farming Labor is very loud, very silly, and quite annoying.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah kick their asses Noa!!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Good work, Ota.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Ota saves the day twice. Weird. 7 was good, but it was a bit much that all of Div 2 knew something was up. Nice getting a Shinobu episode. 8 was the weakest so far, though it had some good silly moments: the Italian labor, the pink labor, Hiromi-chan (the larger) in general. It was nice to see Div 2 accomplishing something without loving it all up. The tree's going to die, though, they ripped out its roots.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Poor tree :smith:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

As many others have said, it's nice to get a Shinobu-centric episode with 7. It's also nice that Division 1 actually exists in the TV continuity at all, even if they're not the most important characters.
One thing that may not be immediately obvious is that episode 7 is actually the start of two different recurring plot threads. Can you figure out what they are?

I will agree that episode 8 is the weakest episode so far, even if it has some good gags and I love how silly the recreational labors are. If you didn't like it much though, be at ease because I'd call it the weakest episode in the show, unless I'm forgetting something.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Knorth posted:

Poor tree :smith:

It'll be fine, don't worry about it.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Since we had a Shinobu episode, have some official Shinobu art:

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
Is the labor with the sign on the front that honks a lot the closest I'm getting to seeing a bosozoku labor?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Tonight's first episode was written by Mamoru Oshii himself, as was episode 3 (the one we saw last wednesday). Look forward to it!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
3 was my favorite so far, so I do look forward to it!

I'll streaming again: https://synchtu.be/r/Super_Idol_Time

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Streaming will be starting 15 minutes late, sorry folks.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

And we're off!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Starting time!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Felt like that spook was about to throw a punch. Shame he didn't, Goto and Shinobu would have taken him apart.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

OKAY I DONT THINK THE DOG IS A MOSSAD SPY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ingram vs a manned, heavy millitary Labor seems like a...dangerous matchup.

• Locked thread