Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
It would be funny if the big bad guy they've been building up to for the past 20 movies gets punked in his first major appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Gnome de plume posted:

It would be funny if the big bad guy they've been building up to for the past 20 movies gets punked in his first major appearance.

Deadpool should just wander in wearing a Magic Band and accidentally bump off Thanos

Spam Musubi
Jan 17, 2018

Cheap, Affordable, and Tasty!
Wrap me in rice like you would with your mother.
https://youtu.be/QwievZ1Tx-8

Wow. This is looking to be the #1 movie of 2018.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So it looks like in the first movie the Avengers are all split up over the world and I’m gonna guess Cap calls everyone on some mass contact and says Avengers Assemble for sequel.

Tony and crew in NYC for Strange, TChalla and Cap in Wakanda and wherever Scarlett Witch and Vision are. I wonder if Black Dwarf goes to Wakanda, Ebony Maw to NYC and Corvous to Wanda and Vision. And Thanos comes in after to scoop things up.

From the trailer.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 16, 2018

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Trailer looks fun. Probably gonna be a fun movie.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I predict like most MCU offerings...I will enjoy it.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

Trailer looks fun. Probably gonna be a fun movie.

look @ this hot take smh

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah it looks like the usual MCU thing just with more of everything and really what else was it gonna be?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

McDragon posted:

Yeah it looks like the usual MCU thing just with more of everything and really what else was it gonna be?

I only hope for some jokes that and and for some middle aged white hero deaths.

Nobody from Black Panther is gonna die though, except maybe Ross, because just lol it made another quadrillion dollars in the time it took me to type this.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

lmao

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gatts posted:

I wonder if Black Dwarf goes to Wakanda,

Do you mean Cull Obsidian?

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think the thing that’s missed is that Ed Brubaker had an amazing run in many of the comics (Sleepless, Villain etc) but he missed a chance when he killed Captain America.

And simpleton, welcome to the social rejection zone. If you ask why.

There’s a war going on between trailer makers. It’s been brewing for years, and now it’s seemingly on.

verdigris murder fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 16, 2018

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Back when I saw iron man 1 and they first hinted at the avengers I assumed that it would be a big bloated disaster of a movie. With infinity war I may finally be right.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Uncle Wemus posted:

Back when I saw iron man 1 and they first hinted at the avengers I assumed that it would be a big bloated disaster of a movie. With infinity war I may finally be right.

Age of Ultron wasn't enough of a bloated disaster?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Black Panther was a good movie but holy shot the cg was bad at times that’s my hot take and hope infinity war ain’t the same

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Weird that Arrowman doesn't show up in any of the previews.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Black Panther was a good movie but holy shot the cg was bad at times that’s my hot take and hope infinity war ain’t the same

I know that overall, the technology is getting better, but why does it feel like CG in films is overall is getting worse.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The final fight looked like matrix reloaded at times

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mordiceius posted:

I know that overall, the technology is getting better, but why does it feel like CG in films is overall is getting worse.

Because when every single shot of a movie has CG enhancements and teams are overworked and underpaid, eventually something is going to fall through the cracks, especially when VFX studios are in a race to the bottom with their bids to get contracts.

I mean, Black Panther had more than 3,000 CGI shots. Terminator 2 had about 50.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Cap catching thanos's big hand looked weird to me.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Timby posted:

Because when every single shot of a movie has CG enhancements and teams are overworked and underpaid, eventually something is going to fall through the cracks, especially when VFX studios are in a race to the bottom with their bids to get contracts.

I mean, Black Panther had more than 3,000 CGI shots. Terminator 2 had about 50.

I remember it was a huge deal when it was announced that Star Wars Episode 1 would have 1000 shots with CGI. A few years later, Matrix Revolutions has 950 virtual shots, shots where nothing in the frame is actually there.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Uncle Wemus posted:

Looks like hes trying to pet his beard

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Uncle Wemus posted:

Well it's only taken you 10 years of waiting and three films but good job hanging in.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Mordiceius posted:

It's specifically Marvel movie CGI. It seems to have got worse or that they've just reached the limits of the tech.

Except for Doctor Strange, almost everything looked great in that.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 17, 2018

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mordiceius posted:

It's what the CG is used for is the problem, it's that all the CG stuff is boring and literal.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Le Saboteur posted:

Except for Doctor Strange, almost everything looked great in that.

I rewatched GOTG2 a couple of weeks back, and the environmental CGI in that is really good. I think that it helps that the movie has a very vibrant, colorful aesthetic, though. You could have the best CGI team in the world, but it won't really amount to much if the palette they're working with just comes in shades of gray and brown.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Fart City posted:

You could have the best CGI team in the world, but it won't really amount to much if the palette they're working with just comes in shades of gray and brown.

Mad Max: Fury Road being the one exception (and even then the vast majority of the effects were practical and the CG was mostly background/correctional)

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Things are looking grim.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Not going to poo poo all over the movie based on that 3 second bit, but what is with that squint that Thanos is doing?

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Yestermoment posted:

Not going to poo poo all over the movie based on that 3 second bit, but what is with that squint that Thanos is doing?

It's showing effort. Not a lot, but it's there. Oh, and a smidge of surprise.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Hawkeye will be like that guy in Suicide Squad who died immediately after the plot started, except Marvel isn't even pretending he'll be important.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Tekne posted:

Things are looking grim.

if you watch this gif long enough it becomes Thanos trying to help Steve Rogers get some power behind the notes in the very upper end of the range

Avengers: Angry Voice Teacher

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DC Murderverse posted:

if you watch this gif long enough it becomes Thanos trying to help Steve Rogers get some power behind the notes in the very upper end of the range

Avengers: Angry Voice Teacher

Look to your left, now look to your right. By the end of the class, 50% of you will fail to survive.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

Uncle Wemus posted:

It does for me as well. I THINK it's because the previous (unrelated but edited to look like it is) shot has Thanos jump toward the camera for a high speed, powerful punch. And then Cap just looks like he's stopping him from lightly petting his hair. The contrast makes the second scene look really weak and fake.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What happens if humanity happens to have an odd numbered population by the Age of Thanos? Will he wait a few minutes for someone to die or be born?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RBA Starblade posted:

What happens if humanity happens to have an odd numbered population by the Age of Thanos? Will he wait a few minutes for someone to die or be born?

There's over 100 million people born ever year and over 50 million deaths so he'd have to wait less than a second, on average. Of course that makes it even more difficult to know the exact right moment to kill half the population.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Didn't Renner break both of his arms while filming?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's over 100 million people born ever year and over 50 million deaths so he'd have to wait less than a second, on average. Of course that makes it even more difficult to know the exact right moment to kill half the population.

The post-credits of Infinity War is Thanos trying really hard to time it juuuuust right then missing it every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Thanos's motivation is stupid as hell and they should've just gone for comics Thanos where dude just loving loves death and wants to cause a ton of it so that the anthropomorphic personification of death will notice him.

Empress Brosephine posted:

There was one shot where one of the female special forces soldiers gets hit by a war rhino and I swear they just didn't even bother to apply any sort of texture or lighting to the CGI lady at all. She looked like she was right out of like PS1-era Final Fantasy FMV. It was probably a total of like three or four frames but it was really jarring.

Also, the fight on the train tracks at the end could've come right out of Revenge of the Sith, as far as CGI quality is concerned.