Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Here are all the throws.

https://twitter.com/ChrisWesseling/status/1027754735565041664

His accuracy looked fine (dare I say good?) to me. At least one of his deep shots is brought in by a better receiver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Jonathan Fisk posted:

He only really had two or three noticeably poor throws, and one of them was on 4th and goal trying to make a play out of nothing

More so than accuracy I think his issue is decision making

Yeah I was pretty surprised at how accurate he was in that game. The "bombs" that I thought would go into the stands were close enough to make any DC nervous.
If you watched Davis Webb of the Giants last night he played exactly how I feared Allen would play.

But his decision making is why they have to sit him for now.
He had a worse protection in general than the other two QBs, but on a few plays he made the pressure worse instead of stepping up into the pocket.

Really all three QBs have problems facing pressure. Peterman gets happy feet and makes bad decisions, McCarron stands in the pocket like Bledsoe and gets sacked, and Allen runs around like a chicken with his head cut off.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

imo the best bills follow:

https://twitter.com/YardsPerPass/status/1027881147060109312

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

He's got a guy absolutely wide open in the middle of the end zone

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

when you're as skilled as josh allen, ray ray mccloud was wide open too

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Play posted:

He's got a guy absolutely wide open in the middle of the end zone

Not throwing to Austin Proehl was the best decision he made all game.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
9/19 in the bottom of the 1st preseason game. This kid's gonna be alright.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He's no almost perfect Nate Peterman, surely

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Our boy will be declared a bust or the GOAT in about 6 hours. My body is ready.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The goat bust

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Jonathan Fisk posted:

The goat bust

: a guide to the artificial insemination of farm animals

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Starting mc cown? Boo

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I dont take away much from the preseason but the Dolphins defense.... woof.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bridgewater looked great
Darnold had an ugly floater but i was impressed how he bounced back from having a td walked back to throw another one right after in a pretty tight spot

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Darnold did well, I'm glad. This is the first season in a long time that I've had any hope for this team.

P.S. Take Cannon off punt returns.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaN4sboc7E8

me at the start of the 2018 season

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaN4sboc7E8

me at the start of the 2018 season

Happily I've found that extinguishing all hope has been much easier this year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

Happily I've found that extinguishing all hope has been much easier this year.

jay cutler is contagious

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I have 500$ on the Fins winning less than 8 games cause I'm a huge fan, and im going to watch every single lovely game with this dumpster of a roster, but I'm also realistic.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Waroduce posted:

I have 500$ on the Fins winning less than 8 games cause I'm a huge fan, and im going to watch every single lovely game with this dumpster of a roster, but I'm also realistic.

Now they’re gonna win 9 games and still miss the playoffs

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Vegas over under is 6 I think which is a push at worst. They won’t win more than 8 but they will hit their 6-8 sweet spot for sure.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

TheBizzness posted:

Vegas over under is 6 I think which is a push at worst. They won’t win more than 8 but they will hit their 6-8 sweet spot for sure.

They'll be be 8-8 or 7-9, or in extremis 9-7 but missing the playoffs.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If it comes down to Isaiah Ford vs Devante Parker i want Ford

Parker sucks. I didn’t like him in college but i was bombarded with scouting reports that highlighted his freakish natural ability to come down with passes. Dude just gets zero separation and shows little effort to improve that. Good luck on your next team Parker.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Parker sucks. I didn’t like him in college but i was bombarded with scouting reports that highlighted his freakish natural ability to come down with passes. Dude just gets zero separation and shows little effort to improve that. Good luck on your next team Parker.

but he’s eating breakfast now

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Fins will suck all year, then win their last 3 when a player Gase had riding the bench gets the start and lights up the place. Miss the playoffs, but squeak to 8 or 9 wins, and Gase gets one more season.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

torgeaux posted:

Fins will suck

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s a preseason game but you really have to be concerned with

1. How bad McMillan was at MLB
2. How far back Lippet is from being at full speed. We’re bringing in Breeland.

Tankersley is another high ceiling low floor bust. He’s simply bad. We need someone to step into the #2 spot at CB.

But i really like Baker at OLB. Dudes like Thomas Davis, but like a Walmart version

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/1028635083400523776?s=21

There’s the annual nagging injury that will somehow not heal until next offseason

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ryan tannehill is a top 10 leader of men in this league

https://twitter.com/armandosalguero/status/1028633249923379200?s=21

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good at least Parker can’t steal any reps from good receivers

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

Amy Pole Her posted:

Parker sucks.

I think I think this now too. I don't see how if it's all about 'attitude' that Parker gets such a free pass. (Well, cheap rookie contract, obviously, but still)

Having now watched the pre-season game, I can't believe how similar that looked to last season; pointless penalties everywhere, no ability to stop anything on third-and-whatever. It's going to be a long a season...

At least the Bucs still can't kick for poo poo. That was worth a laugh.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Parker hasnt improved anything and he’s really just not at all driven to succeed. I’m really sour on him after this offseason

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Major Ryan posted:

I think I think this now too. I don't see how if it's all about 'attitude' that Parker gets such a free pass. (Well, cheap rookie contract, obviously, but still)

Having now watched the pre-season game, I can't believe how similar that looked to last season; pointless penalties everywhere, no ability to stop anything on third-and-whatever. It's going to be a long a season...

At least the Bucs still can't kick for poo poo. That was worth a laugh.

The starters were in for one drive lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Plus Winston was in quite a few snaps, unless he didn’t start?

Bucs starters played a ton of snaps for preseason

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Plus Winston was in quite a few snaps, unless he didn’t start?

Bucs starters played a ton of snaps for preseason

Winston was the backup because he’s suspended for the start of the season

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Ehud posted:

The starters were in for one drive lol

Culture. Culture. Culture. It's used to defend Gase, but when you see consistent undisciplined play and play calling he gets a pass. I dont rate talent based on fake games, but still, I do look at the intangibles.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

torgeaux posted:

Culture. Culture. Culture. It's used to defend Gase, but when you see consistent undisciplined play and play calling he gets a pass. I dont rate talent based on fake games, but still, I do look at the intangibles.

I have to agree with this, but with the caveat that quite a few of those penalties were committed by 1 and 2 year players.

Honestly i was so disappointed with McMillan i almost forget everything else. Except holy moly is everyone besides McCain and Howard garbage in our CB room. I had high hopes for Lippet but that injury seemed to just steal his athletic ability and he’s not technically sound enough to play without it. It’s why we’re bringing in Breeland. Tank and Lippet were exposed on basic things, so our staffs nervous.

Gisecki is a man out there though. My god he’s a monster athlete.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

torgeaux posted:

I don’t understand what intangibles means so I don’t really know how to reply.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Intangibles mean whatever you want them to mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I don’t understand what intangibles means so I don’t really know how to reply.

Tannehills butt 😍