Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Low Desert Punk posted:

I honestly believe jon Jones could get a sexual assault charge and Dana would still book him in the main event

mike tyson raped a woman and still got ppv pay days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Was found guilty and went to jail for rape and still got PPV pay days.

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?
Was John Jones still on probation from his last thing? When did that end?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Nystral posted:

Was found guilty and went to jail for rape and still got PPV pay days.

Wow look at how the supposedly woke forum suddenly decides that a person who served his time should continue to be stigmatized and prevented from working :colbert:

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I mean, to be fair to Mike, he did his time and seemed to have turned his life completely around after that for the better. Jon Jones is an unrepentant piece of poo poo.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

JaySB posted:

I mean, to be fair to Mike, he did his time and seemed to have turned his life completely around after that for the better. Jon Jones is an unrepentant piece of poo poo.

I mean, "after that" is kind of accurate but a bit misleading because there was still ten-fifteen years of biting ears and eating children and spinal and such between A and B

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ESPN posted:

Per the criminal summons, the woman told police of Jones: "I just don't want to deal with this person. I think he is a loving piece of poo poo. The whole situation is so complicated and I'm not really sure what to say and this person gets away with loving everything."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

It’s beautiful

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Low Desert Punk posted:

i know Dana is an immoral piece of garbage, but I'd think the businessman in him would realize fanatically supporting a literal violent sociopath might not be a good long-term option

violent sociopaths?? in cage fighting???????????????????

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Once you are convicted of a crime you can't be convicted of another crime if it happens in the same state, wouldn't be fair

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
jones still has time to beat another two drug suspensions and get his title stripped four more times

it's not about breaking the record. it's about making the record

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Dana White: gently caress it, I'm just going to pay lobbyists to make drugs legal. Unethical genetic testing too. If I can't have a clean champion I will have a two headed heroin spewing dragon named Jon Jones as my champion. He can chase himself it'll be perfect.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

this but with my manager

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Have the last couple jon jones headlined events done good numbers?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ChrisBTY posted:

Dana White: gently caress it, I'm just going to pay lobbyists to make drugs legal. Unethical genetic testing too. If I can't have a clean champion I will have a two headed heroin spewing dragon named Jon Jones as my champion. He can chase himself it'll be perfect.

Don’t act like you wouldn’t pay good money to see that once.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Have the last couple jon jones headlined events done good numbers?

estimates:

ufc 235 - 650k
ufc 232 - 700k
ufc 214 - 860k
ufc 197 - 322k

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

LobsterMobster posted:

estimates:

ufc 235 - 650k
ufc 232 - 700k
ufc 214 - 860k
ufc 197 - 322k

Oh sure, ignore UFC 200, the peak of Jon Jones career, and his only 1 mil buyrate PPV.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

estimates:

ufc 235 - 650k
ufc 232 - 700k
ufc 214 - 860k
ufc 197 - 322k

its staggering that many people pay that much for 5 fites

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

coconono posted:

Don’t act like you wouldn’t pay good money to see that once.

I will admit one of my dreams is to live in a world where all professional sports have become mutant league.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Zyla posted:

its staggering that many people pay that much for 5 fites

Those aren’t the prices!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jay z's sedan posted:

Those aren’t the prices!

yeah you can save a bit if you buy them in bulk

just like drugs

the drugs jon jones is on

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jon jones uses steriods but is he using them as well as michael jordan????

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
jordan's trashtalk wrecked people's entire careers on the court, jones the gigantic herb wouldnt stand a loving chance against that guy

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"kick it, you loving midget"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

maybe if cormeier did the drugs jones did, he could win the fight finally.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DJExile posted:

jon jones uses steriods but is he using them as well as michael jordan????

Jordan avoided getting caught.

So no.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

The amusing part is if Jones went full Jordan, he’d have a hell of a lot more fans. Or at least back before his multiple out of the octagon offences

Instead it was meditating in the park, snitch on weed smokers, love Jesus Snowball King. Early Jon Jones just being himself, an egotistical bastard much like Jordan, would have endeared him to more people.

Then he could just ruin it all with the felonies but we’d be sitting there going “well at least he’s keeping it real.”

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
"you don't have to worry about me wrecking my car"

*5 minutes later*

breaking news: jon jones wrecks his car by drunk driving it into a telephone pole

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

pretty sure if we left Jon Jones on a deserted island, he'd still, somehow, find a way to get arrested.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

jon jones, through a coconut radio: hey pussy you still there, over

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i was worried when jon started getting in trouble that we would have to choose between his incredible fights and his insane funny lack of control in his personal life. i'm sure it's not good he never has any meaningful consequences but we do get to enjoy both parts and i'm 2000 miles away from albuquerque so

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
inventing a new app that tells me when badr hari or jon jones is within my state

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

inventing a new app that tells me when badr hari or jon jones is within my state

lol

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
“Some of the videos are coming back. I’ve seen some videos. I don’t want to talk about it cause I don’t want to hurt his case or whatever but it’s unfortunate, let’s put it that way,” White told TSN in Canada. “When you’re famous, these types of things happen to you.

“From what I’ve seen so far, when it all surfaces and comes to the top, it looks good for Jon. It looks very good for Jon Jones. It’s quite sad actually.”

Remember when White said that whatshisname was going to make the fight despite literally being held by police in jail.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lid posted:

“Some of the videos are coming back. I’ve seen some videos. I don’t want to talk about it cause I don’t want to hurt his case or whatever but it’s unfortunate, let’s put it that way,” White told TSN in Canada. “When you’re famous, these types of things happen to you.

“From what I’ve seen so far, when it all surfaces and comes to the top, it looks good for Jon. It looks very good for Jon Jones. It’s quite sad actually.”

Remember when White said that whatshisname was going to make the fight despite literally being held by police in jail.

Wasn't that Jeremy Stephens? Charged for sucker punching some guy years ago?

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

TheKingslayer posted:

Wasn't that Jeremy Stephens? Charged for sucker punching some guy years ago?

it sounds like he beat the absolute poo poo out of some guy with a buddy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what a little heathen

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i was worried when jon started getting in trouble that we would have to choose between his incredible fights and his insane funny lack of control in his personal life. i'm sure it's not good he never has any meaningful consequences but we do get to enjoy both parts and i'm 2000 miles away from albuquerque so

I wouldn't call Jones' fights incredible. On his path to the title he was extremely aggressive and you got to see a lot of his fantastic clinch takedowns and top game. Nowadays he plays things much more passively, relying on his striking range and only occasionally mixing in the entertaining parts. The fights will often feel good to watch the first time as there's the undercurrent of irrational hope we'll see him humbled. But they're nothing you'd want to rewatch

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Neurosis posted:

I wouldn't call Jones' fights incredible. On his path to the title he was extremely aggressive and you got to see a lot of his fantastic clinch takedowns and top game. Nowadays he plays things much more passively, relying on his striking range and only occasionally mixing in the entertaining parts. The fights will often feel good to watch the first time as there's the undercurrent of irrational hope we'll see him humbled. But they're nothing you'd want to rewatch

i dunno, the osp/smith/glover fights haven't been the greatest but pretty much every other fight of his has been good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
The rashad fight was garbage, the rampage fight was merely very bad