Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Who would get the cygames sponsorship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

GranBlue Rose

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

GranBlue Rose

Pfft.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

GranBlue Rose
By jove. :perfect:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/U_S_O/status/1112370548254769153?s=19

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Zombieland movie?
https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1112368955945975808?s=19

It's April 1st in Japan so I'm wary of all news today

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

a kitten posted:

Zombieland movie?
https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1112368955945975808?s=19

That one's probably fake, but they've also got another announcement tomorrow.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

a kitten posted:

The title and poster are a spoof on a low-budget zombie movie that blew up huge recently, so it's most probably just a gag.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Cut_of_the_Dead

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

pretty good movie too!

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Probably will check out OPM S2 but I stopped reading both manga so yeah.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

OPM Season 2 has been listed as only having 12 episodes.
There's no way in hell they're getting to the Garo fight.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 1, 2019

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
mob s2 was good

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I feel like it was kinda the victim of its own success in some ways - the finale would probably have blown me away coming from any other show, but the rest of the show had already set the bar somewhere in orbit, so I walked away from the finale mostly feeling like "yep, that was about right."

Great goddamn show, easy AOTS.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah it's a real neat and tidy ending with no big surprises. I'm not unhappy with it tho, especially considering there's a good bit more of the story left that I think is maybe one of my favorite finales in manga, but i did come away a bit hungry for more so i can only wonder what it's like for anime onlys

The story is just really special to me so i admit to not being the best judge

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Since a lot of people probably stopped following the popteamepic thread, just wanted to get the word out that the specials are out, and that they are still on point.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah it's a real neat and tidy ending with no big surprises. I'm not unhappy with it tho, especially considering there's a good bit more of the story left that I think is maybe one of my favorite finales in manga, but i did come away a bit hungry for more so i can only wonder what it's like for anime onlys

The story is just really special to me so i admit to not being the best judge

It left me simultaneously starving for more and willing to wait however long it takes for s3. I'll probably read the manga somewhere between now and then though.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

12 more hours before the moment of truth for One Punch Man S2.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

The writing is good enough that it probably won't be a trainwreck even if the animation sucks. Unless of course the anime is trying to adapt too much, and just butchers the pacing to get through everything.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

congratulations to yu-no for becoming the first anime to be licensed this season

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Whoever posts the thread better use the title

Yu-No: He had to do it to 'em

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Crunchyroll also got Fruits Basket.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also your yearly reminder that the live-action Akira is still in the works, and apparently filming is set to begin in less than 6 months

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good news guys, baseball is still good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/TannerLPer/status/1113215802264629248

It's very good to hear this Lina voice again, also it's extra funny because Lisa Ortiz is the director of the dub so of loving course she would.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

IShallRiseAgain posted:

The writing is good enough that it probably won't be a trainwreck even if the animation sucks. Unless of course the anime is trying to adapt too much, and just butchers the pacing to get through everything.

what would be a good stopping point? like the garou fight at the end is an obvious one but you can't really stretch much farther than that before you run into the hiatus. season ending coinciding with the end of the martial arts tournament?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

what would be a good stopping point? like the garou fight at the end is an obvious one but you can't really stretch much farther than that before you run into the hiatus. season ending coinciding with the end of the martial arts tournament?

The smart decision would be to skip the tournament entirely

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Because it's lame

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's what made me drop the manga.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Twitch is showing OPM and it's strange to see a chat filled with with people excited for season 2.

Someone please reassure me it will be ok.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it will be, a piece of animation that exists and can be watched and will be entirely unimpressive but not really terrible

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

El Burbo posted:

The smart decision would be to skip the tournament entirely
There was a tournament?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Maera Sior posted:

Twitch is showing OPM and it's strange to see a chat filled with with people excited for season 2.

It will be extremely unremarkable compared to the high visual bar set by the first season, but there's no particular reason to believe it will be an outright bad production.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Maera Sior posted:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

lmfao

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Using comic sans as substitution for an already common free font is extremely cursed

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also creative block for dialogue is poo poo too

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Strange Quark posted:

Using comic sans as substitution for an already common free font is extremely cursed

gently caress, what font is it? I spent longer than I like to admit trying to match it, but I suck at that real hard...

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

AnoHito posted:

gently caress, what font is it? I spent longer than I like to admit trying to match it, but I suck at that real hard...

https://www.dafont.com/search.php?q=Creative+block

I was memeing, don’t worry about it. I know the names of these fonts by heart because I’ve used them extensively in my typesetting

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
At the very least the first couple episodes of OPM season 2 should be good 'cause they probably focus on King and he's the best OPM character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy crap. :five: