Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love galko-chan.

i just wish she'd tell me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Maxwell Adams posted:

I've read some spoilers about how dumb Slime isekai gets towards the end, and I think I need to see that.

Things got WAAAAY more fleshed out, paced better, and characters got rebalanced in the LN. Stuff got...weirdly rushed in the WN near the end. I think it was due to the writer getting the LN deal and needing to wrap things up on one project to start another.

Spiritus Nox posted:

The pacing just died right when I was hoping we were really about to take off. I remember hearing that there was some sort of publisher mandate to catch up with the manga or the novels or something, which is unfortunate.

From what I had heard it was a mandate from Kodansha who owns the publisher rights to the Manga which is...Popular. Like consistently in the top 3 selling on week of release popular(unless everything big releases at once then it's still in the top 10 though). Lantis/Bandai Namco wanted to pace things more as did Studio 8-bit, but ultimately it was Kodansha's call. The rights to the story belong directly to FUSE-Sensei and the LN publishing rights belong to Micro Magazine, but they aren't even CLOSE to big enough to naysay the juggernaut that is Kodansha.

The design issue is a mixed bag since the changes in the Manga were pure profit, but I can see the issues in the Anime since they made them look very cool and distinct where in the Manga they looked the same just more wild looking and unkept from battle.

Expect My Mom posted:

Slime was okay until I stopped seeing pictures of the ogre lady in a suit on my tl anymore

https://i5.mangapanda.com/tensei-shitara-slime-datta-ken/41/tensei-shitara-slime-datta-ken-10947223.jpg - for drunk shion

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jun 29, 2019

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Thuryl posted:

Did you watch Seitokai Yakuindomo? That was pretty much the entire point of that show.

Oh, so that's why I put it in my backlog! I've got about 160 shows in there and I've long since lost my notes on why I put those anime there, so thanks! Noted and bumped up the list.

Also, Galko's joie de vivre is wonderful.

Malsangoroth fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jun 29, 2019

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Never thought they would make an anime out of Vinland Saga. It's going to top all the charts this season.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just to provide another heads-up on potentially questionable content:

I read some of the Maou-sama Retry manga adaption a while back, because it looked like an adoptive-dad sort of thing and the lead guy was older and fairly hot. Read maybe...10? chapters or so? I forget now exactly. There wasn't anything up to that point that I found especially egregious other than it had some obnoxious humor and harem-y vibes. However I decided to drop it when the young child he's taking care of is revealed to have romantic feelings for him because all that says to me is this is not going in a good direction at some point in the future. I can't say how skeevy the anime might go if at all, but it put up enough red flags for me that I wasn't willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Also these are the tags it has on mangaupdates:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 29, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
[ Overpowered ] [ Smoking ] [ Spanking ]

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Pedophilia

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the pv for it looks kinda dire since nothing interesting happens and the quality is all over the place, so it seems like an uphill battle even if there ends up being weird stuff a) after 10 chapters b) that they choose to adapt in the anime

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

Just to provide another heads-up on potentially questionable content:

I read some of the Maou-sama Retry manga adaption a while back, because it looked like an adoptive-dad sort of thing and the lead guy was older and fairly hot. Read maybe...10? chapters or so? I forget now exactly. There wasn't anything up to that point that I found especially egregious other than it had some obnoxious humor and harem-y vibes. However I decided to drop it when the young child he's taking care of is revealed to have romantic feelings for him because all that says to me is this is not going in a good direction at some point in the future. I can't say how skeevy the anime might go if at all, but it put up enough red flags for me that I wasn't willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Also these are the tags it has on mangaupdates:

that ones not good.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you lost me at game elements

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

[unattractive protagonist]

tbh dude looks alright

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
yeah he's kinda got a Dracula thing going on and is a snappy dresser, it was just...everything else that was a disappointment

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean i wouldnt trust tags on sites like that blindly (dynastyscans basically forcibly put a 'bisexual' tag on a manga my group tls because its about a lady cheating on her husband, even though the implication leans more towards her being gay and closeted) is more my point

ofc manga could still suck but

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Someone should list all the anime in the past ten years of more that involves a demon lord in some way.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
re: trusting tags
True, I'm not sure how reliable mangaupdates tags are but it also aligned with my own concerns with the future direction of the storyline

mainly, just watch at your own risk I guess

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Appearance different from personality

lord

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

you lost me at game elements

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

https://twitter.com/Kirari_star/status/1145352731072143360?s=19

Exia
Feb 12, 2014
Announced after the final episode, Attack on Titan announced a fourth season that will air in 2020

https://twitter.com/anime_shingeki/status/1145355054276198401?s=20

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

finally some good anime

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Exia posted:

Announced after the final episode, Attack on Titan announced a fourth season that will air in 2020

https://twitter.com/anime_shingeki/status/1145355054276198401?s=20

I'm a little confused. The manga is still ongoing, so is there any way that this will actually wrap things up? Will it have to be an anime-only ending, or is there a chance it might be timed to end with the manga a la FMA: Brotherhood?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Maera Sior posted:

I'm a little confused. The manga is still ongoing, so is there any way that this will actually wrap things up? Will it have to be an anime-only ending, or is there a chance it might be timed to end with the manga a la FMA: Brotherhood?

Timed to end with the manga, probably. It definitely seems to be well into the endgame.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Timed to end with the manga, probably. It definitely seems to be well into the endgame.

If that's the case, I can't imagine it not being 2 cours.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Maera Sior posted:

The manga is currently in the middle of the final story arc, and I’d personally estimate it at maybe 10 or so chapters left? So the anime will definitely be adapting the manga’s ending. Depending on how they wanna pace things and however many total chapters remain, the season might be three cour.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Interesting that they've already announced the fourth season when we still don't know who's gonna be working on it - it got announced a while back that this was WIT's last season.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Spiritus Nox posted:

Interesting that they've already announced the fourth season when we still don't know who's gonna be working on it - it got announced a while back that this was WIT's last season.

It could be that WIT maybe has decided to do more when they were told they’d only need to do one more. At least that’s what I’m hoping.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Should probably highlight that there are two threads already for the new season:

quote:

:siren:Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV
Satelight | Katsumi Ono | Akifumi Kaneko | Action, Sci-Fi, Music | Original | Jul 7, 2019
Symphogear series 5th season.
PV
Thread

quote:

:siren:Vinland Saga
Wit Studio | Shuuhei Yabuta | Hiroshi Seko; Kenta Ihara | Action, Adventure, Historical, Drama, Seinen | Manga | Jul 8, 2019
Thorfinn is son to one of the Vikings' greatest warriors, but when his father is killed in battle by the mercenary leader Askeladd, he swears to have his revenge. Thorfinn joins Askeladd's band in order to challenge him to a duel, and ends up caught in the middle of a war for the crown of England.
PV
Thread

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Anyone watched the 7 Seeds anime on netflix?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i looked at the episode list and realized they cut just about everything, so i couldn't bring myself to do it.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i looked at the episode list and realized they cut just about everything, so i couldn't bring myself to do it.

*looks it up* lol, they tried to adopt a 35 volume manga with 12 episodes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its cheap and cuts almost everything

just read the manga

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/wayforward/status/1145769578154405889?s=21

Shantae anime

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Shantanime

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Still can't believe they didn't call it 5hantae.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Watched the first episode of Sacred Beasts and while I haven't read a ton of the manga, it seems like they went ahead and got directly down to business with setting up the show's premise instead of teasing it out like the comic does. It's competently made enough, I guess, if a bit lacking in style. The story is pure old school adventure stuff so it's probably going to replace Dororo for me unless it turns terrible.

Also caught the first episode of Magic Senpai since it was only 12 minutes long, had an odd combination of sorta lukewarm family friendly jokes and fairly strong horniness

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 1, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/shirobako_anime/status/1145965637757390848

shirobako movie confirmed for spring 2020, the tv anime will rerun on japanse tv starting july 4th

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/horiken2000/status/1145996688789630976
The storyboards.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

drat. Who'd they have to lock in a cage to get that done?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm not very impressed by Abandoned Sacred Beasts, you take one of the most fascinating periods of time with truly loathsome villains, and then strip out everything interesting about the setting and make it yet another ex-supersoldier story.

Also the animation and direction looks bland.

Note that I wasn't impressed by Fairy Gone last season either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Fairy Gone was good because it was just a magic cop show.