Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

Usopp doesn't need eyes to aim at Van Augur from two islands away.

Usopp has already used multistage ballistics so the next logical move for the world’s greatest sniper is to invent the ICBM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLExF9AIP_8

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

im nakama........

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I will do this thing Franky has asked

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Every time you see a clip from the anime the animation is 20% worse and Kazuki Yao has eaten 20 more cartons of cigs.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ryaomon posted:

Every time you see a clip from the anime the animation is 20% worse and Kazuki Yao has eaten 20 more cartons of cigs.

the animation was cool in the past couple of episodes, they had fun with soba mask dunking on page one

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Jinbe deconfirmed

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

CodfishCartographer posted:

Jinbe deconfirmed

Along with sanji brook and zoro, sorry guys

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I'm Jinbe and I approve this message.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm Jinbe and I approve this message.

Who?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

No health advice for the perfidious Europeans.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Parrotine posted:

You think all the warlords survived getting captured? I'd like to think most got away except for the dumb fat Whitebeard one cause his design is pretty derpy.

Also has Smoker ever won a single fight in this series? Every time in the New World at least he's gotten his rear end handed to him royally.

Mihawk definitely got away. Buggy, Hancock, and Weevil could all go either way depending on Oda's future plans for them. I feel like at least one would have to get captured so the Marines don't look too incompetent, though.

For example, Weevil's role could be delaying Marco from getting to Wano and jobbing to one of Vegapunk's new robots, and we'll find out that he was captured when Marco arrives in the nick of time to hold off Big Mom while everyone else fights Kaido. Alternatively, though, Oda could be planning a major subplot involving Weevil, in which he either gets an extended fight against Marco, joins some kind of anti-Luffy alliance, or breaks free from his mother's influence to help the Straw Hats against the Blackbeard Pirates and their allies. I'm leaning towards him getting captured, though, since basically any subplot involving him would feel like an unnecessary diversion at this point.

Buggy, as the weakest Warlord, feels like he ought to be captured, logically, but I could see him getting away basically for comedic effect. Future subplots for him would probably involve Shanks in some way; anything involving Captain John's treasure would probably be an unnecessary diversion.

Hancock...hmm. Maybe she gets captured, but Coby, knowing her love for Luffy, sends her to Wano to help out against Kaidou and Big Mom? Or maybe she gets captured and stays captured, and this leads to Luffy declaring Amazon Lilly under his protection?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
buggy will accidentally get credit for overthrowing the world govt

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
No way in hell weevil is gonna be used as a jobber with how much he’s been getting built up

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Buggy will get captured but all of his followers will see it as actually being according to plan! he WANTED to get captured! you fools in the government played right to his hand.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Captain Buggy will escape and "Outwitted the Foolish Marines and World Government" will be added to his extensive legend.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Buggy will get sent to level 6 in Impel Down and be perfectly fine since it doesn't look like they torture the people on that level.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Professorjuggalo posted:

No way in hell weevil is gonna be used as a jobber with how much he’s been getting built up

Luffy's gonna see his mustache and immediately ask if he's Whitebeard's son and that'll be enough to get him on the Strawhats' side.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
My God I never knew joy until I unlocked white beard in pw4.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I got spoiled on the end of the last chapter and I still marked out so loving hard, I love my boy

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Kingtheninja posted:

My God I never knew joy until I unlocked white beard in pw4.

This game turned me from ambivalent about Katakuri to his biggest fan. If Musou games are power fantasies then the giant characters in this game are like being drunk on it.

The Alternate Wano Arc is great too because it's basically an excuse to get as many playable characters in one place so you can be whoever you want in the last level.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Ryaomon posted:

I thought he had a lung issue or something, I think it’s been a thing for a long while because Oda’s been going out of his way to not give Franky a lot of dialogue in the movies for that reason.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Me whenever I'm reading One Piece

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Remember that one time when Ussop went from noodly appendages to My 600 Pound Life to Buffman McLargeHuge to beanpole skinny? poo poo was bonkers man :staredog:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

I miss Robin's pre-time skip fashion sense almost a much as her pre-time skip nose.

Say what you will about every woman having Nami face, in Wano following Robin is like looking for Waldo.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Parrotine posted:

Remember that one time when Ussop went from noodly appendages to My 600 Pound Life to Buffman McLargeHuge to beanpole skinny? poo poo was bonkers man :staredog:

Fat Mac is easily my favorite season

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

anime was right posted:

i hope every strawhat gets a cool one-on-one fight. i hope they get three more thru the series. i think that is the correct amount of 1-2 chapter one-on-one fights. oda will not do this and ill be kinda sad, but i really like one-on-one fights a lot.

The fight against Blackbeard's crew is gonna all be 1v1 or 2v2 fights. It can't be anything else with how his crew was built up. It's cliche as gently caress but it's a good cliche.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

drat, Franky is gonna have to build a Kaiju scale robot to take on Sanjuan Wolf

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

HerraS posted:

Sunny is gonna transform and be piloted by Franky piloting the General Franky, Gurren Lagann-style.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Begemot posted:

Sunny is gonna transform and be piloted by Franky piloting the General Franky, Gurren Lagann-style.

This, except with big robotic tits, Godannar-style

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

The fight against Blackbeard's crew is gonna all be 1v1 or 2v2 fights. It can't be anything else with how his crew was built up. It's cliche as gently caress but it's a good cliche.

Also I guess unless Blackbeard gets some new crew members or brings some allies in, that makes Jimbei the last Straw Hat since it's 10 on 10.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

HerraS posted:

My guess for fight pairings, roughly in order of obviousness:

• Luffy vs. Blackbeard
  • Usopp vs. Van Auger
  • Zoro vs. Shiliew
  • Sanji vs. Burgess
  • Brook vs. Lafitte
  • Robin vs. Devon
  • Franky vs. Vasco Shot
  • Chopper vs. Doc Q and Stronger
  • Jimbei vs. San Juan Wolf
  • Vivi and Carue vs. Avaro Pizarro
  • Nami vs. new member

The first four are obvious, but after that the parallels go multiple ways. Lafitte's character design is reminiscent of Brook, but IIRC he's the navigator. Cola-powered Franky would make sense against alcohol-powered Shot, but Pizarro has those weird metal glove-thingies that could be a cybernetic enhancement. Vivi and Carue might not rejoin at all, or they might fight the former ruler Pizarro, or they might have a human/animal doubles fight against Doc Q and Stronger. Chopper might fight a fellow doctor and fellow animal, but Wolf is the obvious matchup to showcase Monster Chopper.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Also I guess unless Blackbeard gets some new crew members or brings some allies in, that makes Jimbei the last Straw Hat since it's 10 on 10.

Actually, Blackbeard has "Ten Titanic Captains" who serve under him. So he has one more major underling we haven't met yet, and the Straw Hats will probably get one more member.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I like Vivi well enough but I’m not sure about her permanently joining the crew (what would her role be for one thing). Also, unless she gained some new skills during the timeskip she’d currently be below pretty much everyone else in terms of power. You’d probably have to give her a Devil Fruit or something.

Though then again, since she’s currently being targeted (or will be targeted eventually) by the WG I imagine she’s going to reenter the story in a major way at some point. Maybe she’ll wind up joining the Armada or something.

I do kind of want to see Vivi interact with Robin and the other crew members that joined after Chopper though if only to see how she’d react to them.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 8, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Silver2195 posted:

Actually, Blackbeard has "Ten Titanic Captains" who serve under him. So he has one more major underling we haven't met yet, and the Straw Hats will probably get one more member.

C A R R O T

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Larryb posted:

I like Vivi well enough but I’m not sure about her permanently joining the crew (what would her role be for one thing). Also, unless she gained some new skills during the timeskip she’d currently be below pretty much everyone else in terms of power. You’d probably have to give her a Devil Fruit or something.

Though then again, since she’s currently being targeted (or will be targeted eventually) by the WG I imagine she’s going to reenter the story in a major way at some point. Maybe she’ll wind up joining the Armada or something.

I do kind of want to see Vivi interact with Robin and the other crew members that joined after Chopper though if only to see how she’d react to them.

Once you're in the crew you can only leave with the captain's permission. Luffy has not taken Vivi or Carue off the crew list. Thus they are perminant members.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Larryb posted:

A strawhat doesn't need a dedicated "role" nor do they need to be a strong fighter. All a strawhat needs is to be a nakama

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fair enough. Personally I’m fine with Vivi, Carue, and/or Carrot joining up permanently but whether it’ll happen or not remains to be seen. Like I said, it’s pretty clear that Vivi at least will be playing a major role in the plot again at some point considering that Imu has currently marked her as a target and all.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

A strawhat doesn't need a dedicated "role" nor do they need to be a strong fighter. All a strawhat needs is to be a nakama

How many times now has Luffy just gone "JOIN MY CREW" and we just handwave a position later. I am pretty sure, at the very least ,he had no position planned for Robin or Jinbei. The former is just uhhhhh archeologist sure whatever and the latter he declared himself the helmsman like 3 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Jinbi's job was formerly done by whoever was nearest the steering wheel when Nami was yelling out instructions