Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Bleed McMahon like a pig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I feel silly cause for a millisecond I pictured the crowd's reaction to Drake getting pinned in his final match.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

KungFu Grip posted:

MJ was released along with Deonna, a ring announcer/that guy that rapped Adam Cole to the ring one time, and a very tall, buff, and handsome dude named Aleksandar. I'm sure there are other lower roster/largo loop or PC only people that got released

I'm making GBS threads my pants big time here. I hope my boys survive this :(

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Huntman posted:

Drake crying about being released from WWE while wearing a WWE shirt is lol. Property of WWE through and through.

That video was sad but all I could really think about during it was:

1. WWE absolutely could afford to keep him aboard.
2. JFC this guy is thanking them for the opportunity to still wrestle tournament matches after being canned

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the wwe is such a cult that people are giving the brand heartfelt thanks for firing them during a pandemic

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
Guys maybe, and this is just a theory okay, maybe people dont want to burn bridges with the biggest company in the world in their chosen field of work.

This is just an in progress theory though.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Joey McChrist posted:

the wwe is such a family that people are giving the brand heartfelt thanks for firing them during a pandemic

fixed

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Alternatively, he's under a lot of (financial and otherwise) stress and doesn't want to risk losing money from those appearances.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

OpenSourceBurger posted:

Guys maybe, and this is just a theory okay, maybe people dont want to burn bridges with the biggest company in the world in their chosen field of work.

This is just an in progress theory though.

I'm going to throw salt at you like the snail you are

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Those of you still defending wwe and still saying you don't mind giving money to this company

How does this make you feel

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I'm going to spit on anyone that still will support the wwe

Just a reminder that this lovely loving company owned by one of the worst human beings on the planet deserves every single iota of the scorn you want to unload on them, but that doesn't mean you get to try and score points or dunk on posters. Save your revulsion and disgust for the inhuman piece of poo poo that is Vince McMahon and his monstrously evil company.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

OpenSourceBurger posted:

maybe people dont want to burn bridges

yea no poo poo

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

pre:
TALENT                    AGENTS/TRAINERS?         REFEREE            OTHER

Aiden English             Ace Steel                Mike Chioda        Andrea Listenberger (Writer)
Aleksandar Jaksic         Billy Kidman                                Jerry Soto (Announcer)
Curt Hawkins              Dave Finlay                                 Josiah Williams (Announcer)
Deonna Purrazzo           Kurt Angle                                
Drake Maverick            Lance Storm
EC3                       Mike Rotunda/IRS
Epico Colon               Pat Buck
Eric Young                Sarah Stock
Erick Rowan               Scott Armstrong
Heath Slater              Shane Helms
Karl Anderson             Shawn Daivari
Lio Rush                  
Luke Gallows
Maria Kanellis
Mike Kanellis
MJ Jenkins
No Way Jose
Primo Colon
Rusev
Sarah Logan
Zack Ryder
Is this up to date? Trying to figure out what is confirmed and what isn't.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 16, 2020

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
WWE and Vince are lovely but acting like people who arent saying SUCK MY DICK VINCE gently caress WWE FOR LIFE EAT poo poo in instagram posts are braindead zombies instead of people who maybe wanna have a career is the dumbest poo poo.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

they should, it would be cool imo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

HulkaMatt posted:

pre:
   TALENT               AGENTS/TRAINERS?            REFEREE           OTHER

Aiden English             Ace Steel                Mike Chioda        Andrea Listenberger (Writer)
Aleksandar Jaksic         Billy Kidman                                Jerry Soto (Announcer)
Curt Hawkins              Dave Finlay                                 Josiah Williams (Announcer)
Deonna Purrazzo           Kurt Angle                                
Drake Maverick            Lance Storm
EC3                       Mike Rotunda/IRS
Epico Colon               Pat Buck
Eric Young                Sarah Stock
Erick Rowan               Scott Armstrong
Heath Slader              Shane Helms
Karl Anderson             Shawn Daivari
Lio Rush                  
Luke Gallows
Maria Kanellis
Mike Kanellis
MJ Jenkins
No Way Jose
Primo Colon
Rusev
Sarah Logan
Zack Ryder
is this up to date

I don't know who Heath Slader is, but he sounds bad rear end

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

that there is what we call a gently caress up by hulkamatt, davros1

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

:blastu:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

HulkaMatt posted:

Heath Slader still sounds like a bad rear end. I stand by it.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

OpenSourceBurger posted:

WWE and Vince are lovely but acting like people who arent saying SUCK MY DICK VINCE gently caress WWE FOR LIFE EAT poo poo in instagram posts are braindead zombies instead of people who maybe wanna have a career is the dumbest poo poo.

theres a whole lot of room between that and prostrating yourself publicly for the honor of being disposed during a pandemic for the sake of shareholder profits

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

OpenSourceBurger posted:

you fuckin mark

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
Hmmm this recently unemployed chap isn't showing the correct amount of spine for my tastes how.....pathetic.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

OpenSourceBurger posted:

https://youtu.be/JQxUypXoslM

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

dont you have boots to lick on instagram seth

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

OpenSourceBurger posted:

Hmmm this recently unemployed chap isn't showing the correct amount of spine for my tastes how.....pathetic.

Giving u the attention you want :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress WWE but also gently caress the ghouls in the stock market and that whole system in particular.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
Drake is the best worker of all time

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

OpenSourceBurger posted:

You seem upset that others are upset, OSB. Would you like to continue?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

OpenSourceBurger posted:

dig up

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

OpenSourceBitch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
And you know who's name is not on that list? Lars Sullivan.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Uncle Ulty posted:

And you know who's name is not on that list? Lars Sullivan.

well yeah, he's a racist indentured servant.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Sure, gently caress Vince McMahon and all that, but there's nothing wrong with not wanting to burn bridges on the way out for most talent released today.

Of course that doesn't mean in a few weeks time they won't pop up on podcasts and tell us all some interesting stories about what goes on backstage.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Mikaze, seamstress, released apparently. surely sasha is thrilled

https://twitter.com/IamMikaze/status/1250578529512808448

Wrath of Zidane
Jul 9, 2006
Zidannnnne!

KungFu Grip posted:

Mikaze, seamstress, released apparently. surely sasha is thrilled

https://twitter.com/IamMikaze/status/1250578529512808448

He was just saying bye to the people being let go

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress WWE but also gently caress the ghouls in the stock market and that whole system in particular.

all that and it didnt even go up 1 point from its previous closure.
WWE is so utterly hosed, and its gonna be satisfying to see them get hosed when it finally happens.

Also gently caress the lovely scam that is the stock market.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
probably not going to be any more announcements until NXT is over and the people who performed tonight learn which of them is going to still have a job next wednesday

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I just realized that it’s a round robin tournament. They can’t just have Drake lose tonight and be done with him. He has to come back for at least 3 weeks after being fired.

Jerusalem posted:

Most stocks just follow market trends, even with big announcements like this. If it’s in the paper it’s in the price.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Did we lose Eat My Fuc and already get a replacement?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I don't know anything about US labour laws, so forgive me if these are stupid questions:

Do all of the sacked people stop getting paid immediately? Do they not get at least 2 weeks pay as severance? Or, if they were sacked in the middle of their contract, (I am thinking people like Lance Storm who only got hired a few months ago), do they not get the rest of their contract paid out?

How does this affect these people's health insurance? Especially at a time when they need it the most. How does it affect the non US citizens', (again Lance Storm, but also Rusev and Drake Maverick), visa and work permits?

Do the fired wrestlers still get a cut of merch sales? I.E. if one wanted to help, would buying a butttone of Rusev Day T-Shirts give Miroslav Barnyashev some extra cash, or would WWE take it all/the lions share?

And this question is particularly stupid, but I'll ask it anyway. Given that the writer who was fired said she is proud of her work on the Otis/Mandy/Dolph storyline, does she get residuals if they keep that storyline going forward? (Non pandemic firing question: Do the writers get residuals when they show clips from storylines they have written on "best of" style DVD releases? I know Lance Storm says he used to keep getting WWE checks because he is in a segment on one of the Best of Raw videos.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Just a reminder that this lovely loving company owned by one of the worst human beings on the planet deserves every single iota of the scorn you want to unload on them, but that doesn't mean you get to try and score points or dunk on posters. Save your revulsion and disgust for the inhuman piece of poo poo that is Vince McMahon and his monstrously evil company.

I wasn't trying to dunk on anyone I was legitimately asking if that was the last straw to anyone that had previously been alright with the course of the company and was asking them how they feel about a mass layoff during a pandemic

I poo poo on WWE the company as much as anyone else here sure but not everything is a setup to slam someone personally