Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

By the way, remember to make sure you've switched NXT to its own standalone company in the database and switched all the NXT workers that that team wants to keep to NXT deals instead of the WWE developmental deals they're going to be on by default before starting the actual game, otherwise things are going to become very difficult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Are we going to have a discord server or something for general communication? I can help you set one up if needed (though it would be best for you to be the creator/admin so I can't see every channel once I've finished creating everything)

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Are we going to have a discord server or something for general communication? I can help you set one up if needed (though it would be best for you to be the creator/admin so I can't see every channel once I've finished creating everything)

Yeah, that seems like a better idea than the IRC rooms and spreadsheet conversations we used in the Monday Night Wars game, and if discord server roles can be used to do it, we could have a general room and private booking rooms for individual promotions, which would really streamline team discussion

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, a discord server to organize it all seems like a good fit.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I Before E posted:

Yeah, that seems like a better idea than the IRC rooms and spreadsheet conversations we used in the Monday Night Wars game, and if discord server roles can be used to do it, we could have a general room and private booking rooms for individual promotions, which would really streamline team discussion

it's pretty trivial to set up rooms that only people with a specified role can see once you know what you're doing, yeah. So I would set up a general channel that everyone has access to (for announcements and general banter and poo poo talk) and then separate channels for each company.

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

Yep! I'll be giving out the link to the discord sometime tonight or tomorrow. I've been working on touching up some stuff in the database like Senerio and I before E were suggesting. Which, by the way, thank you everyone very much for what you've been doing. You are a really huge help and I appreciate you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Give me the Impact book, I will entirely decide matches based on random drawings :kiddo:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Give me the Impact book, I will entirely decide matches based on random drawings :kiddo:

everyone in shambles when you're far and away the best

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Rarity posted:

Glad to have you aboard, my friend!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hiram posted:

Glad to have you aboard, my friend!

Thank you! Just like Impact I will be doing this in the most :effort: way possible

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Does TEW penalize you for booking the same person repeatedly because if i have sole control of nxt i hope you're ready for 88 minutes a week of keith lee being given prizes and medals.

More seriously, is there a guide somewhere as to what TEW 13 says is a good show? I've not played it

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Grey Dog Software took their entire forums private for some reason, and the subreddit that talks about TEW (where you would find a guide) started on TEW 2016.

But if you plan on just pushing Keith Lee forever you should be fine. (racism minutes of Keith Lee appreciation might be too much, but gently caress if I know the actual math to not use someone too much for TEW 2013, I barely know it for TEW 2016 [note: see if Hiram is willing to turn off the arbitrary time limits in user options])

(also send us Johnny Gargano, Chuck Taylor needs a proper sidekick and Trent? is too good)

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Does TEW penalize you for booking the same person repeatedly because if i have sole control of nxt i hope you're ready for 88 minutes a week of keith lee being given prizes and medals.

More seriously, is there a guide somewhere as to what TEW 13 says is a good show? I've not played it

I don't think it will outright penalize you, no. Some of your road agents might be like, "hey, I think you're using this person too much" but that's about it as far as I've seen. But I haven't abused it too badly. I guess we'll just have to find out!

I found something on Reddit but it's not a guide for 2013 specifically. It basically just goes off your workers skill ratings and what angles and gimmicks you put them in.

Also, I made a discord server. The link has been added to the OP.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

karmicknight posted:

Grey Dog Software took their entire forums private for some reason, and the subreddit that talks about TEW (where you would find a guide) started on TEW 2016.

But if you plan on just pushing Keith Lee forever you should be fine. (racism minutes of Keith Lee appreciation might be too much, but gently caress if I know the actual math to not use someone too much for TEW 2013, I barely know it for TEW 2016 [note: see if Hiram is willing to turn off the arbitrary time limits in user options])

(also send us Johnny Gargano, Chuck Taylor needs a proper sidekick and Trent? is too good)

yours with my compliments for the price of one (1) WARDLOW

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Starting immediately, NJPW will now be only booking big beef boys. All currently employed NJPW wrestlers will be required to put on extra 150 pounds and start powerlifting training.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I don't know about 13' but in '16 there was absolutely a 'you used X too much on this show' penalty. But it might not apply to top guys.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

karmicknight posted:

There's a post on the single public facing forum that says they did it to manage traffic loads and if you register you can access all the rest of the forums.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
For those of you not in the Discord I've already turned the Impact channel into a thirst trap zone :getin:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Well now I'm sad I'm not.

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Hey New Japan peeps. Are you still planning on being apart of this?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Hiram posted:

Hey New Japan peeps. Are you still planning on being apart of this?

Sorry, yeah. Had to redownload discord.
Id: GuyFieriGoatee
Do I need a new invite? Link says expired

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 23, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

super macho dude posted:

Sorry, yeah. Had to redownload discord.
Id: GuyFieriGoatee
Do I need a new invite? Link says expired
https://discord.gg/Nxbnr6

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Is the game discord for general TEW chat or is it strictly for games people because I'm in a mood to never shut up about TEW.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

ChrisBTY posted:

Is the game discord for general TEW chat or is it strictly for games people because I'm in a mood to never shut up about TEW.
Big Yee Haw, have I got news for you. Even if you're not a part of any team we have had so much fun in the discord just talking about everything.

Also Rarity has her own Thirst Trap channel, which was supposed to be her own private room for Impact Wrestling but you absolutely cannot cage horny

karmicknight posted:

there is also the screaming room.
There is also a room where you just scream AAAAAAAAAAAA a lot

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Bring a swimsuit for the Impact thread because IT IS WET

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Joined up as username zoggle, I'll find my way to the New Japan booking team

Dr. Zoggle fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 23, 2020

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

completely unfounded

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

RealFoxy posted:

Also Rarity has her own Thirst Trap channel, which was supposed to be her own private room for Impact Wrestling but you absolutely cannot cage horny

Everyone is welcome to join for my thirst trap channel. We have a picture of Kota Ibushi in the buff :swoon:

karmicknight posted:

Very useful for Friday Night Smackdown

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

here comes the spunk posted:

Joined up as username zoggle, I'll find my way to the New Japan booking team

Get your butt in the booking office, we got big plans

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

super macho dude posted:

Get your butt in the booking office, we got big plans

I don't see the New Japan channel, just AAA, Impact and a couple of general chat ones I can join

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

here comes the spunk posted:

I don't see the New Japan channel, just AAA, Impact and a couple of general chat ones I can join

What's your name? I have to give you permissions for the New Japan channel

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Hiram posted:

What's your name? I have to give you permissions for the New Japan channel

I'm on there as zoggle

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Is it too late to join a booking team or at least sit in on one? I have no idea how TEW works but I’d love to see the process.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Is it too late to join a booking team or at least sit in on one? I have no idea how TEW works but I’d love to see the process.

As far as I know, every promotion has room for at least one more

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Can I get in on AEW as they're the roster I'm most familiar with? I'm Kermit the Grog on Discord

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Holy poo poo! Dave with the loving SCOOPZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012