Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did it matter?
This poll is closed.
The mod squad (FORUM FRIENDS) has edited the poll 11 1.38%
And inserted their good jokes 4 0.50%
While the rest of you laugh 9 1.13%
Bowsette 103 12.88%
347 43.38%
killer comedy option $69,420.69 15 1.88%
big bandicoot baps 311 38.88%
Total: 800 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

This is hosed up, having a car start on a curve like that is dumb, races don’t do that dammit

not my pic but that is a weird track that i think is designed more for their f1 game that uses a similar ruleset, "grand prix." most of them are normal ovals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Quantic Dream hopes this tragedy and unrest will help their latest lovely game. Bad enough to use this situation for shameless promotion, but Jason Schreier remembered something:
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1267425255385071616

The Detroid namedrop at the end there really makes it so transparent. At least Naughty Dog managed to avoid that pitfall in their own version of this:

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1267274658610438144

Weedle
May 31, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

That does look very cool. Are those all modular parts so you can just peg them together into a fully kitted out deathcar?

yeah there are little nubbins all over the car bodies so you can put whatever weapons you want on there

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Infinitum posted:

OK the tag has been approved. Just waiting for the link.

I will make a thread for it shortly, but it will involve you making a provable donation to the protest.
I'll have all the links and what have you.. likely tomorrow as I'm heading to bed soon scooby gang.

(There's nothing stopping you just buying it like StealthArcher just did)

if we make multiple donations can we get multiple copies of the tag

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ErrEff posted:

The Detroid namedrop at the end there really makes it so transparent. At least Naughty Dog managed to avoid that pitfall in their own version of this:

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1267274658610438144

I find it strange that they point out that individuals within the company are donating money to good causes, but the company itself isn’t

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Infinitum posted:

I would not hand out a flashing gangtag like that I'm afraid.
Would just be very annoying and distracting.

Disagree, but understood

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/CartridgeGames/status/1267458639696191491?s=19

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1267463003206750221?s=19

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
never heard of that site

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Rinkles posted:

never heard of that site

there is like a whole underworld of sonic fandom invisible to normies

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not sure how much Sonic news there really is

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Infinitum posted:

OK the tag has been approved. Just waiting for the link.

I will make a thread for it shortly, but it will involve you making a provable donation to the protest.
I'll have all the links and what have you.. likely tomorrow as I'm heading to bed soon scooby gang.

(There's nothing stopping you just buying it like StealthArcher just did)

I live in Minneapolis can I just go punch a cop (in Minecraft)?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I have heard lots of Good Things about Gaslands, but I have yet to play it.

I want to play it but I want to be able to build some custom teams first and that means getting some tools for some proper dismantling, aging, and general roughing up and ramshackling together of some vehicles. At least it isn't so prohibitively expensive to get into compared to other wargames.

The same writer is working on another game too called A Billion Suns which he has said is at least partially inspired by things like EVE Online and like with a lot of (or maybe all of) Osprey-published games, their rules for miniatures are "use whatever you can as long as it fits the scale" since they understand that maybe people just want to play a game without having to pay large sums of money to build an army.

http://abillionsuns.space/the-game/

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Everything is an extraordinary circumstance right now. Too much is happening that makes Sonic, Sega, or video game news, frankly, unimportant. Our community and our world demands better, but now does so to unsustainable extremes. And in that, TSSZ can no longer be the platform it should be. The decision has been made to permanently close TSSZ, effective immediately.

This site and those behind it have been accountable to you for the better part of 21 years. Amid our strong coverage of community events, stories that drew the ire of movers and shakers at every level, and Tweets that did little to navigate the waters of the social media cesspool, all of it was with the intent to make you think. The collective success of our team members, past and present, leaves no doubt of our impact.

Much will be speculated about closing in our current climate. Silence, indeed, is not an option. This platform has championed and molded change for nearly its entire tenure. With what is in front of all of us, it can no longer effectively do so--certainly not without continued deluded pleas for escapism and ignorance.

There is nothing to celebrate in this decision. Another voice in the community is lost. Another avenue for accountability is cut off. Another perspective on the world around us is gone. With any luck, better voices and perspectives will replace it.

TSSZ has endured 21 years of strong reporting born from strong collective decisions that few ever see or know of. There is little else for the platform to prove. Our team, now largely comprised of working adults, has bigger to fish to fry, and better lives to live.

As for me, T, I encourage all in these times to use their platform for a greater good. If the messages and issues you've seen from me here and elsewhere weren't effective, craft better messages. It's easy to shout people down, and cancel people and content you don't agree with. It's more difficult to take the uncomfortable step into the shoes of an agent for change--for yourself, and for others. I am confident in the collective power of the community this platform has covered for over 20 years to do just that.

To a good future.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

wtf is tssz

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rinkles posted:

never heard of that site

:same:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Might try to take op duties back if that's ok in July.

Still not posting much these days but I hope everyone is safe and doing well these days (or at least as well as can be expected)?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

axelblaze posted:

Still not posting much these days but I hope everyone is safe and doing well these days (or at least as well as can be expected)?

Sure bud

Just remember that bowsette has won every poll so far, so be careful

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sonic is the real thin blue line

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm not sure how much Sonic news there really is

Miles "Tails" Prower's Pregnancy 185 Weeks Overdue

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Sure bud

i'm just waiting for everyone to accept it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No, he's the thin blue blur

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
obviously far from the most important thing right now, but I wonder if the Sony event or anything else scheduled this week will slip. looks like the Star Wars Maverick reveal isn't happening tomorrow anymore

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1267465929069178881

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
thinking about tails blowing up cop cars in sonic adventure 2

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Weedle posted:

i'm just waiting for everyone to accept it

I will always write in the "mock them, harder" option from the one poll

My monitor's getting pretty hard to see from all the marker

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Barry Convex posted:

obviously far from the most important thing right now, but I wonder if the Sony event or anything else scheduled this week will slip. looks like the Star Wars Maverick reveal isn't happening tomorrow anymore

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1267465929069178881

i'm expecting a few words at the beginning of the stream

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

quote:

- Sonic is wrongly detained by law enforcement in the first minute of SA2, and escaped
- The plot + gameplay of Sonic Forces centers around "resistance" rising vs. Eggman's oppression
Sonic Adventure 2 is surely the pinnacle of video games commentary on police conduct.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

axelblaze posted:

I am glad you are doing better enough to think about being OP. You and Jay Rust are fantastic genchatops.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you don't want to know what "genchatop" means in Japan

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

LawfulWaffle posted:

I found my first mimic in Legend of Grimrock 2 and it gave me a literal jump scare. Im enjoying the game quite a bit so far; at first I thought I would be turned off by some of the changes, but as long as I know how many skill points I am likely to receive and how best to distribute them Im feeling good.

That reminds me that I should pick back up on Grimrock, hopefully I can remember anything about it since the last time I played it was like 5 years ago. I should probably also pick up on the run of Shining in the Darkness I fell off of like 3 years ago, too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

I am not seeing anything about this, but if it happens that is totally okay.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Hwurmp posted:

you don't want to know what "genchatop" means in Japan

Does it mean "vg is constantly getting things wrong today"?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Desperados just cowboy Shadow Tactics because that was one of my favourite games of whatever year that was

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

VideoGames posted:

Does it mean "vg is constantly getting things wrong today"?

it means:

nothing that I know of

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Noones hosed with the poll thus far

This months the month!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord