Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
all i care about is can i play gran turismo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

gran turismo won't be out until at least 2022 that's just how they work

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

just get that skyline maxed out and never take your thumb off the accelerator

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

The_Franz posted:

has GameStop’s already plummeting stock cratered yet since a large number of consoles going forward won’t have physical drives?

BD XL discs can hold like 100 GB and you can bet your rear end games will be that big if launch titles on the xbone were 35GB

if anything i see physical games selling better this generation than last, especially once people's expensive SSDs fill up

i could be crazy, but while i hate gamestop, i hate the move to all-digital even more

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
if you have over 500Mb/s internet you could download a game before you could copy a blu-ray to sdd, and playing off the ssd is mandatory it seems

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Perplx posted:

playing off the ssd is mandatory it seems

oh. lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
did you not see the pages of 2 fast 2 furious wanking over the new paradigm of loading games of an ssd meaning they can completely redesign the games? how would they do that, then stream them off a bluray?

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

BD XL discs can hold like 100 GB and you can bet your rear end games will be that big if launch titles on the xbone were 35GB

if anything i see physical games selling better this generation than last, especially once people's expensive SSDs fill up

i could be crazy, but while i hate gamestop, i hate the move to all-digital even more

usb3 external disks will probs be supported and those come in ssd flavour too so nah, I’m getting the all digital one. hate messing with the disks and tbh I never resell my games anyway

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

it is loving ugly tho. the ps4 pro is pretty.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i didn’t watch the thing but is there a point to the “all digital” one known at this point

i run my ps4 as all digital anyway but i just don’t get why there’s two skus unless there’s more of a difference between them than that

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines posted:

did you not see the pages of 2 fast 2 furious wanking over the new paradigm of loading games of an ssd meaning they can completely redesign the games? how would they do that, then stream them off a bluray?

I dunno, i thought maybe it would have some temp cache on the ssd or something. i still don't like the idea of all-digital. i currently still play games i bought 30 years ago. i'm pretty sure that will be impossible in the future which kinda sucks

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i didn’t watch the thing but is there a point to the “all digital” one known at this point

i run my ps4 as all digital anyway but i just don’t get why there’s two skus unless there’s more of a difference between them than that

it's probably so they can make the all digital version like $50-100 cheaper. apparently blu-ray drives are one of the most expensive components of a system

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

i want a cheap thing I can hook up to my tv that only gets ps now so my kids can play the lego games. Or at least stream from the ps4pro over lan.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

digital only is bullshit cause of poo poo like this

also that poo poo aint work 60 bucks anyway lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

digital only is bullshit cause of poo poo like this

also that poo poo aint work 60 bucks anyway lol
calls of duty are a particularly bad example, but a lot of other stuff goes on sale a dozen times a year on psn. it’s never aggrieved me too much since i don’t do multiplayer shootsmans anyway

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

it's probably so they can make the all digital version like $50-100 cheaper. apparently blu-ray drives are one of the most expensive components of a system
if the major difference is price then i’d consider it. haven’t put a single disc in the ps4 since i got it 4.5 years ago and probably never will

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
disc is just dick spelled half differently

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

echinopsis posted:

disc is just dick spelled half differently

you also haven't needed to use one in the last decade

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

crepeface posted:

graphics whore im assuming

yeah lol autocorrect is bad

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Jenny Agutter posted:

you also haven't needed to use one in the last decade

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

computer toucher posted:

usb3 external disks will probs be supported

Doubtful based on the current gimmick.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

power botton posted:

they should have released it yesterday with a captive plague audience.

its so goddamn ugly. my ps4 slim at least doesn't blatantly look like gamer bullshit in my media console at a quick glance. if im going to be a man child I want to hide it as much as I can.

lol at what an absolutely shameful self-hating little bitch you are

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol turn on your monitor

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

echinopsis posted:

lol turn on your monitor

how about you turn on some good posts!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

how about you turn on some good posts!

you rang?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

if i buy a console in the next gen i think i'll make it an xbox purely to spite yospos. presumably they'll once again be almost identical and both get ports of anything i'm likely to care about.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
um pretty sure the xbox doesn’t have an ssd that’s soldered to the inside of the cpu

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Piss five

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

if i buy a console in the next gen i think i'll make it an xbox purely to spite yospos. presumably they'll once again be almost identical and both get ports of anything i'm likely to care about.
i can't imagine demons souls remake making it to xbox

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

oh yeah, lets buy a new console to play some remakes

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

why would you buy a computer just for video games when you can play video games on a regular computer

it's a small price to pay for not having to janitor a Windows

when you get home from a long day at work and want to enjoy some relaxed couch gaming it's so loving nice when it just works reliably

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

why would you want a regular computer in your home.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC5KtatMcUw

are epic games exclusive or not. they're such a powerful force in engine advancement, it would make sense I suppose if the consoles and the engines worked together. this poo poo looks like it'll create a space for AAA games with engaying gameplay and beyond parallel graphics

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
graphics graphics graphics is all I see graphics graphics all around of of me

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

haha, yeah, unreal engine a sony exclusive, a not at all unlikely scenario

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

haha, yeah, unreal engine a sony exclusive, a not at all unlikely scenario

yeah, i'm sure that epic, a company so desperate to avoid giving platform owners a cut that they resorted to sideloading android fortnite and making their own, lovely steam knock-off that would have 0 users had they not driven dumptrucks of money to developers for exclusivity, is going to lock themselves into another company's ecosystem

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

oh yeah, lets buy a new console to play some remakes

it's fun

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

echinopsis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC5KtatMcUw

are epic games exclusive or not. they're such a powerful force in engine advancement, it would make sense I suppose if the consoles and the engines worked together. this poo poo looks like it'll create a space for AAA games with engaying gameplay and beyond parallel graphics

the only people who want console exclusive titles are the consoles makers because exclusive titles are really the only way for them to differentiate their subpar computers from the others

game publishers on the contrary want to make cross platform titles to ensure that whichever platform wins they are on it, bc they couldn't care less about console wars

this is why ubisoft for instance is eager to get on to every platform, even those that turns out to be duds like the Wii u or stadia, they just want to make sure that whatever platform turns out to be relevant their games are on it

Zlodo fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 16, 2020

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

playstation hueg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

maybe so, but i'll play the original if it comes to that, very few games genuinely gain much from getting a remake.