Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Excelzior posted:

hick hopes ruined by hope hicks

Also very good

e: Some tax

She frequently greets me by walking up and biting my arm

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Oct 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Crows Turn Off posted:

Republicans don't care about this.

Tell them she also said that Christmas is dumb and she's forced to care about it.

yeah I mean its not interesting cause its gonna move the needle so much as it is for embaressing anyone who bought into the freemelania crap

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

I remember someone in the thread yesterday posting an analysis of some Trump clip saying they were seeing signs in his voice or something, I honestly though they were just looking into things too hard / being hopeful.

I hope this doesn't sound snarky, is there a good/more detailed explanation/timeline of what's happened All I know was there was some news that Hope Hicks was tested for it yesterday, then Trump was quarantined because of contact with her, and then I woke up to this.

The timeline is the White House tried to hide Hick’s positive test (because trump had flipped out last time the White House disclosed a positive test) and it leaked anyway so people started asking real pointed questions real fast.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Trump has the best healthcare in the world, it'll probably take the wind out of his sails a bit but he'll live unfortunately.

Charlz Guybon posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NewDay/status/1312008908391710720

Of course, it takes time for the virus to incubate. They might have it. They'll have to test negative for a week at least to be in the clear
https://mobile.twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1312010144356724736

:bisonyes:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If you go back to the last thread the timeline starts only a couple dozen pages back. You can see it leaking - there's journos going 'trump may have corona' before he announces it in that tweet.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Baronash posted:

The White House leaks like a sieve. It is absolutely impossible that he would be able to keep a positive COVID test under wraps. In that situation, it only makes sense to announce it yourself.

Tbf they've kept a stroke under wraps.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Been seeing a lot of "Spread Hope" signs in lots of yards for months. How eerily prophetic.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Humpty Trumpty sat near Hope Hicks
Humpty Trumpty got very sick
And all the king's horses
And all the king's men
Couldn't contain a malignant viral outbreak in the absence of proper distancing protocols.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Who knew having his taxes leak would be the third most disastrous thing to happen to Trump this week.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1311924855810461696?s=20

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mat Cauthon posted:

Trump has the best healthcare in the world, it'll probably take the wind out of his sails a bit but he'll live unfortunately.

So did Herman Cain. He won’t die for lack of treatment but virus treatment is basically just symptom management, which has its limits. Trump’s body has to do the heavy lifting and this isn’t a Big Mac.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Trump will be dead in a month from covid.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
https://twitter.com/iamKimRL/status/1311901236082298880?s=20

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
How ironic would it be if the pandemic saves (for a short time, anyway) the United States of America?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

this has been stuck in my head all morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5ryIztqI5g

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

evilweasel posted:

So did Herman Cain. He won’t die for lack of treatment but virus treatment is basically just symptom management, which has its limits. Trump’s body has to do the heavy lifting and this isn’t a Big Mac.

Herman Cain was black, and there is a disparate levels of care just on that fact alone but also Herman Cain was a cancer survivor and likely had an extremely weakened immune system.

Not that I'm rooting for Trump here but he's likely going to be fine because evil has not seen any consequences yet and I'm not holding my breath on 2020 delivering anything good at this point.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Can you imagine Donald Trump on a loving ventilator, forced to watch his numbers tank, but incapable of even talking? People are saying that him dying would be a lapse of justice, but to be killed by COVID right at the finish line is so much more delicious.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/pobrecito/status/1311928704151556096?s=21

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Mat Cauthon posted:

Trump has the best healthcare in the world
if he gets to the point where the federal money-cannon is actually affecting clinical decisionmaking then he's in bad shape

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The number of people on my Facebook feed that are like "we shouldn't wish I'll will on anyone, he's a human being too" nonsense is sickening. They are literally disassociated with the fact that he's perfectly fine with it killing them.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

I'm absolutely not a fan of Ginsburg worship but :eyepop:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Yuzenn posted:

Herman Cain was black, and there is a disparate levels of care just on that fact alone but also Herman Cain was a cancer survivor and likely had an extremely weakened immune system.

Not that I'm rooting for Trump here but he's likely going to be fine because evil has not seen any consequences yet and I'm not holding my breath on 2020 delivering anything good at this point.

Trump had a stroke a year ago (his undisclosed trip to Walter Reed), is on statins, is morbidly obese, eats poo poo, never sleeps, and has or had undisclosed drug abuse issues. He is absolutely going to loving die from covid.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

skylined! posted:

Trump had a stroke a year ago (his undisclosed trip to Walter Reed), is on statins, is morbidly obese, eats poo poo, never sleeps, and has or had undisclosed drug abuse issues. He is absolutely going to loving die from covid.

C'mon, we can't say absolutely. High likelihood though.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Though, if he does die, his justice appointment is going to sail through the senate 97-3.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Zotix posted:

The number of people on my Facebook feed that are like "we shouldn't wish I'll will on anyone, he's a human being too" nonsense is sickening. They are literally disassociated with the fact that he's perfectly fine with it killing them.

I mean, on the flipside, my decorum-poisoned California Liberal parents are both going "I wouldn't wish covid on anyone but this is his own drat fault." That's gonna be a more common sentiment than it seems—remember, the majority of people in the country disapprove of Trump's covid response.

Tac Dibar
Apr 7, 2009

Covidfefe

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Well of course the infection rendered it tasteless, it's a well known symptom.

It was still a good tweet, which is why WaPo is running away from it.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Cefte posted:

if he gets to the point where the federal money-cannon is actually affecting clinical decisionmaking then he's in bad shape
"So DARPA has this experimental 'mind transfer machine'. Well, less experimental and more 'theoretical'."

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Can you imagine Donald Trump on a loving ventilator, forced to watch his numbers tank, but incapable of even talking? People are saying that him dying would be a lapse of justice, but to be killed by COVID right at the finish line is so much more delicious.

Pretty sure you’re unconscious when on the vent.

I want the man to have to suffer the pain of losing the election miserably but him kicking it in the next month is probably better for the country as a whole, or at least it’s institutions. There’s going to be a lot of conspiracy related violence, instead of election related violence. Or alongside. Shits going to be violent.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/ihatejoelkim/status/1311895991222583302?s=19

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
If Trump had corona as early as Wednesday, it makes me wonder how often he’s actually getting tested? I swear I’ve seen in several places that he is supposed to be tested daily.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Yuzenn posted:

He is likely to be fine because even for old people the odds are in their favor (albeit if you make a habit of running odds like that you will die quickly). But medical treatment can only help so much.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Baronash posted:

Though, if he does die, his justice appointment is going to sail through the senate 97-3.

I know we needed a starting point for "dumbest take in the thread", but don't you think you're setting the bar a bit high?

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Technowrite posted:

If Trump had corona as early as Wednesday, it makes me wonder how often he’s actually getting tested? I swear I’ve seen in several places that he is supposed to be tested daily.

Even the best covid tests spit out false negatives at like a 30% rate.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

evilweasel posted:

The timeline is the White House tried to hide Hick’s positive test (because trump had flipped out last time the White House disclosed a positive test) and it leaked anyway so people started asking real pointed questions real fast.

But they definitely didn't know before yesterday because the Secret Service wouldn't have let her near him if she had a positive test, much less let her ride with him in Marine One.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Mat Cauthon posted:

Boris Johnson almost died and he's 20 years younger and in better shape. Gave him permanent lung damage

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Baronash posted:

That is, assuming Barrett isn't infected as well.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Just because he has the best healthcare and access to experimental treatment doesn’t mean his body would survive. He’s morbidly obese, eats unhealthy, doesn’t sleep, is on who knows what drugs, and probably has a host of other comorbidities. The ventilator and doctors can only do so much, his body is what will determine if he survives and it’s a mess.

We shouldn’t count him out yet but signs are good.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Baronash posted:

Even if this was true it's not like the extra votes maker her a more powerful Justice. As soon as RBG died there was nothing anyone could do to prevent the GOP from taking the seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

evilweasel posted:

the audacity of hope

i like this alot