Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

The world needs more Taue in their lives. Dude ruled, and was only held back by his peers being the GOAT pantheon

Ahh, the Ken Norton Conundrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 66.67% of the vote, Nagata/Taue advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Jun Akiyama vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan from NJPW G1 Climax against the American Wolves vs. Tyler Black & Bryan Danielson from ROH Tag Title Classic

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, nobody cared enough to discuss this match-up, but Akiyama/Tenzan advances anyway.

OUR NEXT MATCHUP FEATURES ANOTHER OF THE SIGNIFICANT SEVEN!

Christopher Daniels vs. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles from TNA Unbreakable against the Kings of Wrestling & the Dark Breed vs. Chikara Army from CHIKARA The Cibernetico Returneth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'll hang my head in shame, I was planning on finding the matches after work yesterday but just plum forgot.

Anyhow, cool as it was seeing Icarus in his old mask and Larry Sweeney as Vokodor, it's gotta be Unbreakable. That was the match that had me advocating TNA to people that were burnt out on WWE, and it made ignoring the usual TNA bullshit easier. What a great match

e: oops, seems I misread the poll and thought the vote was for the 2010 Cibernetico, not 2005. Still going for the 3-way match

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 12:15 on May 14, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Joe/Daniels/AJ match was a bit of a let down to me back when I first watched it, maybe just because it had been hyped up so much. The one thing I mostly clearly remember from it though was that Joe looked like an absolute beast, and it's worth voting for perhaps simply for letting me get to really see Joe's potential for the first time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The AJ/Daniels/Joe matches fooled people into thinking TNA was good, it's got to be that one

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

If you've not voted, I'd recommend setting aside the time to catch the Cibernetico match: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av38706972/

Just watching the intro is making me so loving nostalgic. That stupid venue in...Easton, PA? where they need to step down on a chair because the entrance curtain is so high up. Arik Cannon, Friends In Similar Tights, Hallowicked, Icarus's lamentable back tattoo, Ultramantis Black. Big sexy Milano Collection AT, Skyade, The King of Diamonds, Mister Zero!

Sweet & Sour Larry Sweeney on commentary. God drat.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:11 on May 14, 2021

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 91.67% of the vote, Daniels/Joe/Styles advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Misterio, Jr. vs. CM Punk from IWA Mid-South Spring Heat against KENTA vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima from Kensuke Office Take the Dream Vol. 7

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Nak vs KENTA https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7qjf2g

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Punk v Guerrero v Mysterio. https://youtu.be/a5EULLFRv9E

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It was real cool seeing baby Katsu and hints of the wrestler he became a decade later, as well as seeing Kenta at his peak before he went to America and became a broken down old weirdo.

Also real weird seeing Small Dominik without his mask, the three way was fun but not in my top tier of multiman matches

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Peak KENTA is my poo poo. Going with that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Similar to the AJ/Daniels/Joe match, I was always oddly let down by the Eddie/Rey/Punk match, even though it's significance is obvious given Eddie's drive to get back to WWE at the time, Punk being one of the very top indy guys, and Rey being well... Rey! Legitimately one of the greatest wrestlers of all time!

In the end, one thing I simply can't look past is...

Venomous posted:

Peak KENTA is my poo poo. Going with that.

:hai:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 80% of the vote, KENTA/Nakajima advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST features another KENTA match. It seems like he was really good this decade!

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Triple H from WWF No Way Out against KENTA & Naomichi Marufuji vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Takashi Sugiura from Pro Wrestling Noah Navigation with Breeze

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
KENTA/Marufuji was a GOAT-tier tag team and Kanemaru is criminally underrated, going with that

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Last time I watched that 3 Stages of Hell match I found myself pretty bored, a bit over indulgent for my tastes. On the other hand, four dudes that still rule now that they're old and busted, but 15 years ago when they were young and full of energy

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Got to vote for my Uncle Nobu.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Austin/Triple H was a great spectacle, but tbh I am a huge Sugiura mark, so there you go

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 75% of the vote, KENTA & Marfuji/Kanemaru & Sugiura advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Aja Kong vs. GAORU from GAEA Big Destruction against Kurt Angle vs. Rey Mysterio from WWE SummerSlam

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I feel like if I voted for anyone but Aja Kong she'd punch through a wall to grab me by the throat.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 61.54% of the vote, Kong/GAORU advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Eddie Guerrero vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield from WWE Judgement Day against KENTA & Taiji Ishimori vs. Kota Ibushi & Naomichi Marufuji from Pro Wrestling Noah Summer Navigation

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like voting for eddie guerrero probably more than anyone else i could vote for. but i didn't do it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Can't vote against 4 all time great junior heavyweights

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

That Eddy match is one of the great one-man-shows and it's got a revolting amount of blood and I think it's one of the few legit great WWF/E matches so I am voting for it.

I also nominated it but I'm not biased, I voted against at least one match I nominated. I'm a fuckin' saint over here.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Love Eddie but that match was way too disturbing, went with the juniors.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
As much as I respect Eddie bleeding out like 20 pints just to make a JBL match interesting, that tag match rules and is low-key historically significant for really putting Kota Ibushi on the map.

Benne fucked around with this message at 11:51 on May 22, 2021

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

gently caress JBL lmao

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Eddie accidentally blading too much is gnarly but voted for the match which was intentionally good

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 83.33% of the vote, KENTA & Ishimori/Ibushi & Marufuji advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Kurt Angle vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Rikishi vs. the Rock vs. Triple H vs. the Undertaker from WWF Armageddon against Austin Aries vs. CM Punk from ROH Death Before Dishonor III

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
By unanimous consent, the 6-man Hell in a Cell advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Minoru Tanaka vs. Takehiro Murahama from NJPW Strong Energy against Lo-Ki vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Psicosis vs. AJ Styles from NWA Total Nonstop Action

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pretty sure the TNA match was the double elimination stipulation, and was real cool despite how nuts the rules were. Jerry Lynn was standout but both Ki and AJ were good in their own right. Don't remember anything about Psicosis being there, but assumedly he was also fine

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 66.67% of the vote, Lo-Ki/Lynn/Psicosis/Styles advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST FEATURES ANOTHER OF THE SIGNIFICANT SEVEN!

Kenta Kobashi vs. Samoa Joe from ROH Joe vs. Kobashi against Ryuji Ito vs. Jun Kasai from BJW

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Joe vs Kobashi changed how I saw wrestling. It's the exact point where I realised I didn't need to accept whatever garbage the WWE shovelled my way out of habit. There's no way I can't vote for it.

But you should watch Ito vs Kasai, it's tremendous death match wrestling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4gSodBXjl0 The crowd is electric. 2009 Tokyo Sports Match of the Year!, first death match to do that since 1990's Goto vs Onita original Exploding Barb Wire Death Match

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
I saw Joe vs Kobashi for the first time earlier this year, it has the most insane energy I've ever seen for a wrestling match. Kobashi's first chop cracks the seal on an excitement that doesn't stop throughout, an excitement from true fans who knew they were witnessing something historic. It gets me kinda misty eyed, and reminds me about some of the best concerts I've been to, and the friendships I've made through the shared experience of seeing a legendary performance. I can only imagine the brotherhood among those blessed to have seen Kobashi vs Joe live.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
I really wanted to vote for Kasai/Ito but drat Joe/Kobashi IS THAT GOOD.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 92.31% of the vote, Kobashi/Joe advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Kenta Kobashi vs. Akira Taue from Pro Wrestling Noah Navigation Over the Date Line against John Cena vs. Rob Van Dam from WWECW One Night Stand

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress I missed Joe vs. Kobashi! That match was loving awesome.

Voted for Cena vs. RVD. The atmosphere at that show was absolutely loving wild.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Voted for Taue because he was such a tricksy fucker, and he and Kobashi had been feuding for nearly 15 years at this point

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cena/RVD is a one-of-a-kind match, had to vote for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The crowd going apeshit and refusing to let Cena throw his shirt into the crowd was loving incredible and that was before the match had even started!