Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That was a good sketch. Keenan almost broke twice, so you know it's funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s Gemmaaaaaaaa!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The boys are blue.

Stick it stick it!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I’m Gemma!

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Why is she making me cry?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The sketch the other week really was all the time they needed to devote to this song. Should’ve booked lil nas x this week instead.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Yeah that put the brakes on the high energy momentum so far, but it was really good.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

EL BROMANCE posted:

The sketch the other week really was all the time they needed to devote to this song. Should’ve booked lil nas x this week instead.

Honestly she should have just performed her other single instead of Driver’s License it’s much better

But her new song is ever better

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
A solid performance, especially from such a young artist. Not long a person can do that, at that age, before their voice burns out.

I thought she might drop the f-bomb for just a moment. Good “Cobain at the VMAs” energy!

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Pwn what are some of your favorite musical performances, since you have it all archived? I can't get remotely excited about Spring 2021 Disney Pop and I thought back to when System of a Down's guitarist screamed "fuuuccckk yoooouuuuu" towards the end of BYOB. Devo and Elvis Costello were great too.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

DC Murderverse posted:

Honestly she should have just performed her other single instead of Driver’s License it’s much better

But her new song is ever better

Her second song will be “Good 4 U”, is that the good one?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

pwn posted:

Her second song will be “Good 4 U”, is that the good one?

Yeah it’s dope finally the early 2000s pop-rock reboot is hitting the mainstream

Edit: here’s the other single that’s also better than Driver’s License, she’s batting 3/3 on dope bridges

https://youtu.be/cii6ruuycQA

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 05:27 on May 16, 2021

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Tzunami

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Potato-Head-rear end ears

edit: look I love beck but I was real disappointed when Che introduced this story and it didn’t include Key dressed as a jacked horse

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 05:33 on May 16, 2021

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The Black Stallion VS the Italian Stalian.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Aww, no joke swap?

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes

Kammat posted:

Aww, no joke swap?

I think that's a season finale thing. Next week! It's gonna be tough to top last seasons Scarlet Johansson one though, that was amazing.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Parbouil the Pate wil ruin it.

I like it raw and fancy.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Sneeing Emu posted:

I think that's a season finale thing. Next week! It's gonna be tough to top last seasons Scarlet Johansson one though, that was amazing.

:doh: Thought that was tonight

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Love me a Broadway sketch that 95% of people outside of NYC will hate

Edit: who is gonna replace Cecily and Aidy next year when Kate wants to play a weird old showbiz dame

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 05:43 on May 16, 2021

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DC Murderverse posted:

Love me a Broadway sketch that 95% of people outside of NYC will hate

Did you see Spider-Man on Broadway?

The Conjuring the devil made me do it? I have to see that movie.

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 16, 2021

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Zeluth posted:

Did you see Spider-Man on Broadway?

I had opportunities but I always had something else I wanted to see

I came really close to watching that Tupac musical too. For those unaware that is absolutely not a joke someone wrote a broadway jukebox musical featuring the music of Tupac Shakur pre-Hamilton and it went over about how you would expect (no one went to it)

https://youtu.be/g-1cOLx3RuU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Bloodplay it again posted:

Pwn what are some of your favorite musical performances, since you have it all archived? I can't get remotely excited about Spring 2021 Disney Pop and I thought back to when System of a Down's guitarist screamed "fuuuccckk yoooouuuuu" towards the end of BYOB. Devo and Elvis Costello were great too.

Are you watching the That Week in SNL twitch stream? They ran the SoaD episode this last week and it was surprisingly better than I remember (the music i mean, not the surrounding show). In the early 2000s I was tuned out of most pop music and going through my Zep/Floyd phase.

As for top SNL performances, wow I may need to dedicate some time to that. Also, until recently, I hadn’t seen the majority of 1980-1992 episodes in their entirety, and I just finished 83-84 tonight, so it’ll be a few months yet until I can be definitive. A few off the top: Neil Young 1992 and 1989, Crash Test Dummies, Billy Joel 1993, Fear, Nirvana 1992, Elvis Costello 1989, Ornette Coleman, Zappa 1976, Sun Ra, there are a lot more I need to find a way to upload clips and make a big playlist. I gotta get back to watching the live show

Edit: how could i leave out Squeeze, incomplete list indeed

pwn fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 16, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Paramore might want a word with them about this chorus.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

EL BROMANCE posted:

Paramore might want a word with them about this chorus.

https://twitter.com/vocalshayley/status/1393277111645913093?s=21

Honestly if she gets bored aiming for the charts she has the potential and the “I’m gonna loving kill you” stare to be in a full-on Warped Tour pop-punk band

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 16, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Looool that’s amazing. I was honesty expecting it to just share a progression or two in common and that was tricking my brain. It sounds better in that mashup too.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

EL BROMANCE posted:

Looool that’s amazing. I was honesty expecting it to just share a progression or two in common and that was tricking my brain. It sounds better in that mashup too.

I would argue that it has better lyrics than Misery Business which is the most “I’m not like those other whores” 2000s teenage alt girl energy. There’s a reason Hayley Williams doesn’t perform it anymore.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Woop woop!

I forget how to do emojis.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Was it just me or did they silence the word "Detroit" in Key's monologue?

I had to replay it with the captions on to catch the word.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Mister Kingdom posted:

Key was a dickinsonian street urchin who would've stole your wallet? I honestly thought he grew up middle class.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I still don’t get the masks for the good nights. Like, you’ve all been in super close proximity for the last 2 hours

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

pwn posted:

Are you watching the That Week in SNL twitch stream? They ran the SoaD episode this last week and it was surprisingly better than I remember (the music i mean, not the surrounding show). In the early 2000s I was tuned out of most pop music and going through my Zep/Floyd phase.

As for top SNL performances, wow I may need to dedicate some time to that. Also, until recently, I hadn’t seen the majority of 1980-1992 episodes in their entirety, and I just finished 83-84 tonight, so it’ll be a few months yet until I can be definitive. A few off the top: Neil Young 1992 and 1989, Crash Test Dummies, Billy Joel 1993, Fear, Nirvana 1992, Elvis Costello 1989, Ornette Coleman, Zappa 1976, Sun Ra, there are a lot more I need to find a way to upload clips and make a big playlist. I gotta get back to watching the live show

Edit: how could i leave out Squeeze, incomplete list indeed

No, but now that you mention it, it was in May of 2005. I remembered it being towards the end of the season and 2005's easy enough for me to remember because they put out two, different studio albums that year. If you have the original broadcast, the camera centers right on Daron's eyes popping out of his skull as he screams "gently caress you" and I haven't watched a single episode of SNL in almost two decades without thinking of it. More surprisingly, that was the first song, so even though they got one out on live TV, they still were allowed to play their second song. I had to look it up again this morning and it looks like it was Jason Sudekis' first episode, too.

I forgot Fear was ever on SNL (despite the riots) and the Sun Ra performance slipped my mind, too. Thanks for the quick list. I'm gonna go through those this afternoon.

edit: Holy poo poo season 30 had some decent music in there. Eminem, Modest Mouse, U2, Scissor Sisters, Destiny's Child, The Killers, Jack Johnson, Gwen Stefani, SoaD, Beck, Queens of the Stone Age, and Coldplay. Also the same season with Ashlee Simpson :lol: I can't believe I'd ever look at 2005 with rose-tinted glasses in regards to SNL musical guests, but it beats the duds they've picked over the past decade. If we can't find a Disney star to sing this weekend, that's okay, just call up Dave Grohl.

Remember Karmin? Yeah.

Mister Kingdom posted:

This confused me, too. I thought our antenna signal crapped out for a millisecond last night.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 16, 2021

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Zeluth posted:

Woop woop!

I forget how to do emojis.

:woop:
The Awful app has a search feature.

Was there a spare Kermit Muppet lying around 30 rock, but they had to make :stat:&:wal: on the fly?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

:woop:
The Awful app has a search feature.

Was there a spare Kermit Muppet lying around 30 rock, but they had to make :stat:&:wal: on the fly?

I bet they didn’t want to risk a real set of statler and waldorf considering the violence.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Gemma is one of my favorite Cecily impressions

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 16, 2021

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So was that the finale or not? Some people in the thread said the finale was next week, but Key said he hopes everyone comes back next season.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Next week. Probably just him giving general wishes rather than being like ‘there is no more snl until then’.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Guys the title of the thread has a name after Key’s what else could that possibly mean?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cut for time sketches:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5e7p08ZMFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-95ygemag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Did they cut a sketch from the Hulu next day stream? The show went "musical act #1" -> "weekend update" -> "musical act #2" and it was really jarring.