Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Fingerless Gloves posted:

I watched 3 yesterday and I forgot how kuch I love that crew, but I don't think I could watch 4 in a cinema because I was gagging hard at a few bits and Im scared it might turn the whole cinema into that scene from Stand By Me

On rewatch the tracksuit was worst by far. Of the entire trilogy. Nothing else came anywhere close to making me hurl that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

weekly font posted:

On rewatch the tracksuit was worst by far. Of the entire trilogy. Nothing else came anywhere close to making me hurl that bad.

Yeah I had to hit skip when I watched that on DVD

I watched my DVD of Jackass 2 Unrated again last night and yeah the horse cum scene isn’t censored. I think that’s the closest Knoxville ever came to puking onscreen

My DVD came with a neat knit beanie:

Wildboyz is maybe my favorite Jackass thing. Steve O and Pontius traveling the world getting bit by animals, doing stunts, and eating gross things

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Happy Hippo posted:

Bam now looks like Uncle Vito.

The only way I can tell him and Matty Matheson apart is Bam's covered in Heartagrams

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

And Matty has an actual life skill that people love. His cookbook is amazing and all his videos are great.

What does Bam do? Taser his balls.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Vintersorg posted:

And Matty has an actual life skill that people love. His cookbook is amazing and all his videos are great.

What does Bam do? Taser his balls.

But did he though? I never really took to Bam and it wasn't until the second movie until I realized exactly why. He never pulled his weight until Jackass Number Two. Did the bit require nudity? Make Raab do it! Did the bit involve doing something humiliating? Make Rake do it! Bam only wanted to preen and look cool, he tormented his parents, he skated around trying to look cool, but he made his friends take lumps that he should've taken. So maybe he tasered himself in the nuts at some point but it was probably latter day era Jackass when he finally stepped up.

edit; none of this is to say that I'm glad he's out. He was certainly a big part of the chemistry, and even if he contributed nothing to Jackass he's still a human being. I hope he gets sober and stays that way.

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 12, 2021

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I was just throwing it out there as a thing - unsure if he ever did, haha.

And agreed on the later - he's still human and needs to get help. Being a part of the Jackass crew isn't it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I remember stunts outside in the texas (or somewhere) heat everyones in t-shirts or no shirt at all and Bam walks in wearing an entire stores worth of Hot Topic clothing including the scarf.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Watching the early Jackass stuff again and Bam was actually funny. Then after the movie he got his own MTV show which was basically:

1. loving with his parents
2. Skateboarding
3. Don Vito (least surprising sex offender)
4. Trying to be a rock star

Though the one good episode was when Knoxville came to town and they had an escalating prank war

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Man, rewatching the Jackass movies recently really made me appreciate them. Like, I'm sure some of it is nostalgia, but there's absolutely some amazing stuntwork and comedy set pieces going on. They're just all-around great comedic works.

It has made me realize how much I'll miss Dunn. I was never a Bam fan, but he definitely brought something to it, so missing out on that will suck too. But ultimately it feels like the whole show is about people supporting their friends doing stupid poo poo. If it was solely pre-stunt then it would feel fake, but I've found the post-stunt affirmations and reassurances to be great.

I thought Jackass 3D was a great send-off for them, but I'm excited to see Jackass Forever, especially if there's a kind of passing-the-torch vibe with extra jackasses.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Ryan Dunn was always one of my favs. Everytime I watch old jackass/cky stuff I get bummed that he passed away.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Been rewatching as well. Remembering poo poo like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODo49fEKWmY

Really wish he had been able to keep himself clean too.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
this movie should win picture of the year at the oscars

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Brock Samson posted:

Isn’t Novak clean now? His Instagram looks like he’s still on the wagon.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

The last time I remember seeing Novak he was licking some dude's rear end in a top hat for money on the Howard Stern Show

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Boywhiz88 posted:

Yeah, sorry poor wording - after seeing Dunn fight hard for his friend, I wish Dunn had been able to stay clean himself.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Ryan Dunn felt like the emotional support part of the crew. Knoxville was absolutely the responsible one who acted like a valve to ensure things didn't get too crazy. But Dunn felt like the one who reassured people and took one for the team when he did the stunt.

It loving sucks he chose to drink and drive and got himself and his passenger killed. I really cannot defend that in any way and it's tough to talk about him without bringing up his fatal and irresponsible mistake.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Bang on about him being the heart of the crew. In my memory he was more of a CKY guy and not really a presence in the movies, like Brandon DiCamillo, but he is all over them. Doing some of the craziest poo poo, too.

So we'll be missing Dunn, Bam, Novak, Rake, Ape & Phil at the least (Dico and Raab weren't in 3, havent rewatched 3.5 yet) - thats a pretty big hole in the heart of the crew. Even though Bam is a piece of poo poo.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1433132456282972161?s=20

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

God drat. Probably COVID related? I mean, its for the best if things are better by February because Jackass movies are so much fun in a theater.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Happy Hippo posted:

God drat. Probably COVID related? I mean, its for the best if things are better by February because Jackass movies are so much fun in a theater.

Other stuff from paramount is being delayed https://www.ign.com/articles/paramount-delays-top-gun-maverick-jackass-forever-mission-impossible-7-2022

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Rocket skates from the first movie has always been one of my favorites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezj13E-cX9I

The way Knoxville INSTANTLY falls over on the first try always gets me

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
So, with this new film, I have been going back and watching the films and TV show. The films are all pretty much perfect. 2.5 and 3.5 are good, too. I am only in the first season of the TV show, and it feels like I should have watched the show first to see how it evolves to become the first film.

However, I also went back to the cKy tapes. I used to love these as a kid. Specifically, cKy2K. However, these are rough watches in 2021. None of it is funny. They would use clips from these films in between longer pranks/stunts on Jackass the TV show but it'd occupy a few seconds. In the film, some of these would drag on and on and on. For example, in the cKy tape, there was this 5-minute baseball sketch. But, in the TV show, they used a 5-second clip of this naked dude throwing a baseball. Also, they were all happening so quickly, that there was no way to actually react to anything.

It is basically Jackass without the likeable cast. Ryan Dunn, at least in the first two tapes, doesn't really get much time. It's mostly Bam and Brandon DiCamillo.

On the other hand, I have to keep in mind that this was 1999. So, maybe I am being too harsh on it, considering I am an old man now and this was over 20 years ago.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

Boywhiz88 posted:

Novak's autobiography "Dreamseller" is a pro-tier read. He's been vocally on and off the wagon a few times, but it looks like he's finally found himself in a good place.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Cat Hassler posted:

Though the one good episode was when Knoxville came to town and they had an escalating prank war

You mean the episode where Knoxville completely clowned on him without even trying? Maybe a 30-year-old who's paid to act like he's 13 shouldn't tango with the redneck who's been tempting fate for his own existence since he was consious of thought.

Johnny lapped circles around him that whole episode, arguably the best one in the show. The big 'prank' Bam pulled on the Knox at the end was a giant wet fart since the Jackass king could buy himself out of anything Bam could throw his way.

I hope he gets better but he brought nothing to the table.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Oh poo poo I forgot about this thread.

I saw Steve-O a couple weeks ago. It was a pretty wild show. I had front row seats. I was sitting about 3 feet from Steve. The format of the show was basically, "Steve explains the story and context of the stunt," followed by a video clip of the stunt.

I might be missing some, but here's the stunts:

Steve pisses and shits in a fan pointed upwards to it all flies everywhere

Paints what look like bicycle shorts on his body and bikes around, falling off the bike near people so they see his junk

This is the most hosed up one: He video taped his vasectomy (like, you SEE the doc snip) and then he immediately rides a horse and other stunts involving getting hit in the nuts

His girlfriend and Steve saved their piss in jugs for weeks and then put it in a pool which he dived into as well as trying to do the condom challenge but with piss.

A 'doctor' gives Steve a sedative via an epidural and then he immediately starts biking as the drugs kick in.

The finale is skyjacking. Steve goes up in an airplane and does a tandem skydive. The catch is he's naked, jerkin off, and cums right as he jumps out the plane

Steve is a super nice dude and I got a nice picture with him. If he's in your neck of the woods, definitely check out the show.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Twin Cinema posted:

However, I also went back to the cKy tapes. I used to love these as a kid. Specifically, cKy2K. However, these are rough watches in 2021. None of it is funny.

what the gently caress are you talking about?? they're almost the exact same thing. they redid most of the same skits for the TV show and what they didn't redo, they just used the older footage.

DiCamillo in the hallway of the Iceland hotel leaning in and saying "now if you're bad, people might get out of your way. but if you got poo poo ain't NOBODY loving with you"? the proto-Fat gently caress skit where Bam eats poo poo ollieing a five set in the fat suit, complaining about having juice in his elbow while Dico rides him like a horse and says "I have juice in my fridge"? kicking the football into the side of cars passing by and bam yelling "IT'S A '96!" at the guy fuming about a dent in his new car? classic poo poo, still funny today, even if once you find out that the football kicking skit was faked, and the supposed random people stopping their cars to yell at them are Bam's greataunt and uncle

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

New featurette focusing on the new crew members.

https://youtu.be/yGOTX3qN-Dc

This is out next month.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Weird seeing new Jackass members in what will surely be the final Jackass film but I guess you can only take so much physical punishment in your 40s and 50s

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
If there's no scene with them literally passing a torch between their butts or something, then what has this all been about?!?!

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Happy Hippo posted:

Weird seeing new Jackass members in what will surely be the final Jackass film but I guess you can only take so much physical punishment in your 40s and 50s

there's definitely going to be a jackass five-ever since the franchise keeps printing money

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Eventually Jackass is just going to look like Bad Grandpa, just without any makeup needed

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

mobby_6kl posted:

Eventually Jackass is just going to look like Son of Jackass, just without any makeup needed

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Twin Cinema posted:

However, I also went back to the cKy tapes. I used to love these as a kid. Specifically, cKy2K. However, these are rough watches in 2021. None of it is funny.

You gotta remember, these were largely just home videos designed to showcase the band and spotlight their skater buddies.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

So this movie is just random fans noones heard of doing half the poo poo?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Seems to me like they’re positioning this as a Swan Song for the original crew, as well as including some dudes who have a lot of reverence for Jackass. Kind of like an all inclusive love letter to everything up to this point. Will the torch be officially passed? Who cares, it’s gonna be funny.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

banned from Starbucks posted:

So this movie is just random fans noones heard of doing half the poo poo?

I saw Steve-O back in November and he briefly talked about this. They're basically adding more people to the Jackass family. He had nothing but good things to say about the ones he specifically mentioned. That said, we'll see how it actually turns out. And we'll have to see what happens on the next Jackass project once some of the older members retire and the new ones get more screen time.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I get that they kinda need fresh blood to keep the insane stunts going, but I'm always turned off by "passing the torch" poo poo because they're never going to live up to the original crew.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Final Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p74bzf-beGc

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

man nurse posted:

New featurette focusing on the new crew members.

https://youtu.be/yGOTX3qN-Dc

This is out next month.

Oh drat didnt see this! I knew of Jasper and his dad, Dark Shark, from the viceland show. Ive seen Zach around forever, i mean his social media handle is "ZachAss". And poopies got irl bit by a shark on Discoverys shark week lmao.

Had no idea they got an English skater and lady for the movie. Gotta look em up! See what their about (besides being Jackasses)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I hit a dog.