Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Kirios posted:

This, uh, looks really bad for McAuliffe and for Democrats in 2022.

Wow someone should tell those voters they're ignoring the American Rescue Plan and it's not a good look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Why were you watching his videos in the first place? :confused:

Ads? Like 90% of what I've gotten in the last few weeks is one or the other of them.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gumball Gumption posted:

She's electable if you vote for her

Relatedly, I literally had never heard of her before putting my ballot in and she was listed on there as "LP" so I just assumed she was a libertarian lol

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

quote:

more Virginia voters feel the Democratic Party is too liberal than feel the Republican Party is too conservative.

quote:

Currently, Democrats and Republicans are turning out in roughly the same proportion that they did in 2020, and each candidate is getting the lion's share of their party's supporters. McAuliffe has 96% of Democrats, while 97% of Republicans are voting for Youngkin.

Conservative voters are also turning out in comparable percentages as they did in 2020, but there are fewer defectors to the Democratic camp. In 2020 a small, but not insignificant percentage of conservatives (16%) voted for Biden. Youngkin is doing a better job holding on to these voters: he currently enjoys the support of 92% of conservatives, while McAuliffe just gets 8%.

Racial demographics are pretty close to 2020, but 3% whiter.

Electorate is much older than 2020.

quote:

This Virginia electorate looks to be a bit older than it was for the 2020 presidential election according to exit polls. Current exit poll estimates show that roughly seven in 10 voters are over 45. In 2020 in Virginia, 56% of voters were over age 45.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Relatedly, I literally had never heard of her before putting my ballot in and she was listed on there as "LP" so I just assumed she was a libertarian lol

Uninformed voting should be punishable in D&D.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/kkondik/status/1455681305367220228

God I love election night anxiety

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gumball Gumption posted:

Uninformed voting should be punishable in D&D.

Lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

We're probably in the, what, top 1% of informed people politically in the country? The fact that even some of us still aren't aware of who we are voting for is kind of frustrating.

Dude I'm starting to feel it again and I haven't since Georgia. It's a hell of a drug - no wonder why the news channels go all in on it - probably does the best ratings they'll get all year.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

NmareBfly posted:

Ads? Like 90% of what I've gotten in the last few weeks is one or the other of them.

Ublock Origin my good goon.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

This guy is not worth following. He isn't even reading the data correctly.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

God I love election night anxiety

I'm going to play some video games. No minute by minute for me. Good luck y'all.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The Democratic AG and Lt. Gov are doing about .6% to 1.5% better than T-Mac, so there is a (very very very small) chance of a hilarious outcome where Youngkin becomes Governor and the Lt. Gov + AG are Democrats.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kirios posted:

We're probably in the, what, top 1% of informed people politically in the country? The fact that even some of us still aren't aware of who we are voting for is kind of frustrating.

Dude I'm starting to feel it again and I haven't since Georgia. It's a hell of a drug - no wonder why the news channels go all in on it - probably does the best ratings they'll get all year.

...are you?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

McCaskill making excuses for T-Mac losing. :fork:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Duh? I do at least the bare minimum of research on whoever or whatever I'm voting for. But I'm also fortunate to have drop off voting (Oregon) so I have plenty of time to do it. That's a major reason why Republicans don't like the idea of mail in voting or early voting - gives people time to learn how awful some of these people are.

Edit: Just realized the "are you?" could reference both things I commented on. Oh well.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Shammypants posted:

This guy is not worth following. He isn't even reading the data correctly.

RCP guy seems to agree

https://twitter.com/SeanTrende/status/1455682831640932354

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/nate_cohn/status/1455682621338525700?s=21

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

NmareBfly posted:

There are ads on Youtube?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/nate_cohn/status/1455682946329894913?s=21

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kirios posted:

Duh? I do at least the bare minimum of research on whoever or whatever I'm voting for. But I'm also fortunate to have drop off voting (Oregon) so I have plenty of time to do it. That's a major reason why Republicans don't like the idea of mail in voting or early voting - gives people time to learn how awful some of these people are.

Edit: Just realized the "are you?" could reference both things I commented on. Oh well.

I mean you got it right but none of that's the math showing how d&d is the top 1%

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Haven't seen one early result yet that has T-Mac outperforming Biden last year, but +10 was not gonna happen anyway.

Loudon only up +5 for dems with 77 percent of the vote in. Biden won it +25.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

There are ads on Youtube?

Not if you pay $12.99 a month (or $17.99 for the family plan :smuggo:)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

if this holds and he actually wins, dems are so much more hosed than i even thought they'd be in 2022

even if he doesn't the dems should be making GBS threads their loving pants right now

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

I mean you got it right but none of that's the math showing how d&d is the top 1%

Agree to disagree, but I'd take the folks here over drat near everywhere else online in terms of political awareness.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

The burbs are not going to tmac enough to win

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1455684037494837250

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

When the pirate streams are a choice between a chevron ad on cnn & mark warner on msnbc. :suicide:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Willa Rogers posted:

When the pirate streams are a choice between a chevron ad on cnn & mark warner on msnbc. :suicide:

Which did you settle on

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

The needle exists in our hearts

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1455685179494764550

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

Which did you settle on

I had 'em both muted.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Man he was just really terrible as was his campaign. Probably should blacklist everyone involved in the decision making on that one and move on.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1455685847848734720

The hits keep coming.

Not sure where he can gain enough ground to make up these shortcomings everywhere so far.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
A lot of people making predictions/authoritative statements when iirc it still seems early to call things either way making things more tense then they need to be.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Raenir Salazar posted:

A lot of people making predictions/authoritative statements when iirc it still seems early to call things either way making things more tense then they need to be.

Have you never followed an election in real time before?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao, mcauliffe just sent out an email to supporters saying "win or lose, we ran a strong campaign."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Willa Rogers posted:

I had 'em both muted.

Fair and balanced, I like it

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao, mcauliffe just sent out an email to supporters saying "win or lose, we ran a strong campaign."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c4hnA8jXwo

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

you can almost see the flopsweat relief on cable news that NJ's closing its polls now.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

This is uh, like the entire point of live vote count watching. If this going the bad way isn’t good for your soul you should check out now. The result tomorrow is gonna be same either way whether you watch it unfold tonight or not.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Raenir Salazar posted:

For some reason it is my addiction. And nobody is being authoritative, just trying to understand the data as it rolls in.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I live in Northern Virginia, a few subway stops from the White House, and based on Youngkin's ads, you wouldn't know he's a Trump-backed Republican.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

https://twitter.com/BruceHaynesDC/status/1455683411167830019

Youngkin has a slight advantage at this point but it will be extremely close considering turnout is high