Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm the loving kiss of death with these upsets, every loving time I turn it on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
One of the wildest things about the first round is seeing teams just flip a game in like 2 minutes.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I think Longwood still has a chance here.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

I do not like iowa and hope they lose the game

I can't stand Fran but the guys on the team this year are very cool and good.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rick posted:

One of the wildest things about the first round is seeing teams just flip a game in like 2 minutes.

this is also something you see if you root for a very lovely team

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
sick, keep it up spiders

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Poque posted:

I can't stand Fran but the guys on the team this year are very cool and good.

Iowa is never cool and good.

We got a slap fight going on here.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Iowa got up and was like "game's done v:shobon:v"

R.D. Mangles posted:

this is also something you see if you root for a very lovely team

I do not like college basketball enough to do that, so respect.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm torn between wanting to see the upset and wanting to keep one of my Final Four teams alive.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rick posted:

Iowa got up and was like "game's done v:shobon:v"

I do not like college basketball enough to do that, so respect.

college ball sucks but I need to root for my beloved ungainly doofuses almost beat a good team and then melt down when they are unable to make a field goal for 8 minutes

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
It’s not over, but I always lose a final four team early.

Sorry about that Iowa fans.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I am excited for no big ten teams to once again make it out of the first weekend

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Picking a 5 seed to the final four is playing with fire. I don't care who they are.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Iowa past Kansas I can understand, but did people really think Iowa was that much better over Auburn?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Very weird to see Iowa's offense crawl in a hole and die, usually it's the defense doing that :v:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I honestly thought Iowa got a great break in their seeding. I personally liked them more than every other team above them in Midwest.

But, clearly, despite watching college basketball all year, I have no idea what I'm talking about. I didn't even think Richmond was that good! I thought a 12 was too generous for them!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Probably Magic posted:

Iowa past Kansas I can understand, but did people really think Iowa was that much better over Auburn?

I watched a lot of bracket talking head shows this year out of boredom and they seemed to pretty universally be making GBS threads on Auburn so it is in the zeitgeist.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
Gonna lose my poo poo if Richmond wins. You guys may see me post 3, maybe even 4 times this decade.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Picking a 5 seed to the final four is playing with fire. I don't care who they are.

I mean, yeah, but they have a lottery pick and you gotta think outside the box a bit to win a large bracket pool.

Plus they’ve been playing well.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Rick posted:

I watched a lot of bracket talking head shows this year out of boredom and they seemed to pretty universally be making GBS threads on Auburn so it is in the zeitgeist.

Lotta downplaying of coaches this year I guess, Bruce Pearl can get poo poo done.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
UNC game off to a robust combined 9/33 from the field

This is the kind of ball I watch the tournament to see!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
is duke dead yet

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Poor MV. :(

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kirios posted:

No.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Usually lower seeds when they hit threes it's a bunch of dudes heaving the ball at the basket but Richmond dudes got quality form.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Whatever the actually good Iowa basketball team with an actual NPotY plays tomorrow the men are just an appetizer

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Kirios posted:

I knew he was gone for good when did not show up to laugh about Rutgers last night.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Regnevelc posted:

I mean, yeah, but they have a lottery pick and you gotta think outside the box a bit to win a large bracket pool.

Plus they’ve been playing well.

Seconding all of this, Iowa was loving cooking before this game. Iowa struggling against Richmond is a very Iowa thing, not an Iowa 2022 thing

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Rick posted:

I knew he was gone for good when did not show up to laugh about Rutgers last night.

Where'd he go anyway, just got too busy with the family or something?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
what the gently caress are you doing Marquette

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hey I tried.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Great jobs there refs.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
lmao just the worst possible offense/defense back-to-back by Iowa

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm already sick of the Cayo/KO puns

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh yeah

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This announcing crew has loving sucked.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I feel a little better because LOL iowa.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

This announcing crew has loving sucked.

There's a reason why they're on TruTV.

mcmagic posted:

I feel a little better because LOL iowa.

Oh hey glad to see you're still alive!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Edit: Oh FFS why did this double post.

Any ways, LOL Iowa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Woooo boy these refs are something down the stretch.