Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

freebooter posted:

IANAL but doesn't the heir immediately legally become the new monarch upon the old one's death, i.e. "the Queen is dead, long live the King?" It's not like actually swearing in a PM or whatever. They're the swearers!

I also do anal but I don't know anything about how the monarchy works tbh but I assume a good war would get it going again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/thejohnburgess/status/1509768858613448707?s=21&t=xn-ZctoIDKpM9iuELxALdA

All how to vote cards as well as Patrick Alexander’s preferential voting comic are now void. Only PHON’s guest voiced by Burgess should be allowed in the OP.

woofbro fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 1, 2022

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

I'll never thank God for a Friday again

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Burgo noooo

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

freebooter posted:

I'll never thank God for a Friday again

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

JBP posted:

Every worker... Leigh... Every worker... In aged care... Will have a penis. Yes I'm willing to have my prime ministership judged on the penises.

If you do not have a penis, one will be provided to you

One teaspoon of vaseline in every cup

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

woofbro posted:

https://twitter.com/thejohnburgess/status/1509768858613448707?s=21&t=xn-ZctoIDKpM9iuELxALdA

All how to vote cards as well as Patrick Alexander’s preferential voting comic are now void. Only PHON’s guest voiced by Burgess should be allowed in the OP.

they show him voting for the Open Border party

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It'd be pretty funny If Scott didn't call an election, got removed by the gg and the LNP had to go into the election with potato or some other hack as PM

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/thejohnburgess/status/1509778683594407938?s=20&t=lwuINOSf-RJyOKqqqcq_wQ

Burgos still good

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Animal Friend posted:

Oh no I’m talking in favour of Burgo, the video has no bias apart from association.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
partnering with one nation for that still sucks and he doesn't get a pass for that, sorry!

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Animal Friend posted:

Vote 1 Harry Fachina

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Spookydonut posted:

What happens if scomo just doesn't call an election?

Also with the NSW seats they're fighting over, who actually has the final authority or ability to submit the candidates to the AEC?

at first of people would say "this cant happen there are rules against it soembody will do something" but when nobody does consensus would quickly coalesce around "actually its not a big deal and youre naive for thinking it is." it wont happen, not because rules or institutions would stop, it but because morrison doesnt have the guts to do it

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

because morrison doesnt have the guts to do it

Sums up this entire term

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
gee i wonder what putting "divided australia party" second-last could possibly represent or imply HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Fridays are back baby

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

at first of people would say "this cant happen there are rules against it soembody will do something" but when nobody does consensus would quickly coalesce around "actually its not a big deal and youre naive for thinking it is." it wont happen, not because rules or institutions would stop, it but because morrison doesnt have the guts to do it

If you're talking about a half Senate election then sure (because that's legal) but if you mean just "not calling an election" then yeah, "somebody" would do something (judges, parliamentary staff, the federal police, the Governor-General, his own backbenchers etc) because if even Trump couldn't manage to overturn democracy with a third of the country behind him then the daggy dad from the Shire certainly isn't going to

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

SuddenCactus posted:

If you do not have a penis, one will be provided to you

One out of two gets a penis. The one without follows him! When the one with the penis gets killed, the one who is following picks up the penis and cums!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 24 hours!)

Tirade posted:

Vote 1 Harry Fachina

Votin' below the line for Harry

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Spookydonut posted:

What happens if scomo just doesn't call an election?

The Governor General issues writs for a half senate for May 21 as the half senate term will expire on 30th June and it is a continuing body so the election must be the by the last Saturday before 33 days before term of expiry. The House election can be anything up to 3rd September, being 68 days after the time of expiry of the term of the House of Representatives. The Governor General may choose between 33 to 68 days to the nearest Saturday fr the writs of election.

There has been one election due to expiry of term of office in 1910.

Advising the Governor General to issue writs before term expiry is the Prime Minister's privilege. If he or she does not do so, the Governor General simply issues the writs as per the Constitution, and the govt of the day gets no say in it as their term has expired.

The other thing that will happen is that there will be a lot of pissed off voters having to go to the polls so close together and the obvious attacks on money waste by the opposition and probably a massive flogging by a angry electorate. So the election now has to be in May to avoid the double election. Morrision will have to go the Governor General by 4th April to get a May 7 election. April 18 is the absolute last day to get the last possible election date for both House of Reps and Half Senate of May 21.

I think May 14 is looking like the date, which would require a visit to the Governor General by April 11. I doubt the election will declared during Easter so I suspect Morrison will go visit the Governor General next weekend.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Who

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 24 hours!)

Burgos, you get them at Macca's

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Rust Martialis posted:

Burgos, you get them at Macca's

Must be a new south wales thing, we call them burgies

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
And get this at mcdonald's they call them shakes

lih
May 15, 2013

the daily mail posted:

Tense moment Anthony Albanese refuses to answer when asked if he'll raise taxes on working Aussies FIVE TIMES by Karl Stefanovic in live TV standoff - and Scott Morrison can't believe his luck

amazed that albanese could manage to not immediately promise to never ever raise taxes when pressed on it

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

Must be a new south wales thing, we call them burgies

Are you guys talking about meatie-eaties?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Sa labour appears to be assuring the continuation of the previous government's December "gently caress it, COVID is over" policy. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-01/child-under-five-one-of-two-covid-19-deaths-in-sa/100957728

quote:

Teachers at South Australian public and Catholic schools will no longer always tell parents if their child is a COVID-19 classroom contact because the number of cases in schools has made the requirement too "burdensome".

Teachers in particular have been hard hit, with hundreds off every day in South Australia with COVID-19, as close contacts or as carers, despite the quarantine period for close contacts being cut in half to seven days last week.

Parents will only be notified if five children within a class over a seven-day period has tested positive for coronavirus

The problem with COVID is reporting cases, so if we stop doing that it'll be less disruptive.

Breetai fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 2, 2022

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Flood victims told to leave emergency housing in Byron Bay to make way for Easter holiday-makers
At least 60 victims left homeless after the northern NSW floods have been ordered by the government to leave emergency accommodation and make way for Easter tourists.

lih
May 15, 2013

yes, delusionally not giving a poo poo about covid is totally bipartisan now. also heavily encouraged by the national cabinet process for all the states to be on pretty much the same page.

labor is of course more likely than the coalition to actually take action if things get significantly worse, but it'll still probably be too slow and inadequate.

the only state that's at least taking some of the right steps is victoria with their school ventilation program - some of the other states have made vague moves in the same direction but nowhere near as effectively. of course, improving ventilation for pretty much all indoor public spaces & workspaces should be a national program if we really do want to 'live with covid' sustainably.

queensland is suspending elective surgeries soon, sa already has. but the current plan is we just keep doing this forever where every few months hospitals are overwhelmed, with no end in sight? doesn't seem sustainable but the governments aren't offering any ideas for how this will stop happening, just blind faith?

the queensland cho is a lunatic who keeps talking about how everyone needs to get infected too, complete nonsense when studies have found that omicron infections provide very little protection against re-infection.

actions that could and should be taken to reduce transmission & achieve a safer baseline normal:
-serious campaigns to increase booster takeup & vaccination of children - both are way too low - do mandates if you have to, especially in schools
-mass program to improve indoor ventilation
-mask mandate indoors, give out free n95/equivalents, educational campaign to get people to wear them decently well
-put effort into seriously expanding testing capacity instead of shutting everything down, make RATs free

mask mandate doesn't need to be forever but aiming for a lower baseline to remove it than we have so far seems very desirable. currently qld has a mask mandate only for public transport & healthcare settings but it's only like 30% who do on public transport, unsurprisingly removing it elsewhere has made everyone stop caring.

lih fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Apr 2, 2022

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Breetai posted:

Sa labour appears to be assuring the continuation of the previous government's December "gently caress it, COVID is over" policy. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-01/child-under-five-one-of-two-covid-19-deaths-in-sa/100957728

The problem with COVID is reporting cases, so if we stop doing that it'll be less disruptive.

The contrast in official guidelines and also expectations of what is decent behavior are hard to reconcile.

We're interstate for a few nights and woke up this morning not feeling great. Went and got a RAT because it's the right thing to do, that was negative, but did have the moment of dilemma on if we should because suddenly being stranded away from home for a week with no resources would be a pain in the butt, and what we're meant to shell out $20-$30 for RATs every morning after a big night?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Virginia Trioli has the worst takes

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MurrayWatt/status/1510053206692601856

https://twitter.com/Qldaah/status/1510048213868646402

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
My housemate has covid, and so I'm a close contact. I had a PCR and am negative but am now stuck in ISO with a covid positive case at home.

Pray for mojo.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
is this thread is cspam because you admit it is the better forum or because you don't want any resposibility for the garbage posted itt?

the climate is dying and not even covid could save it and you keep votin for steven crowder or that other bald dude, the only thing that can save us as is a russo-chinese invasion.

i'm going to vote at the election, because i have no choice! what happend to freedom.

see you all in the lolamo

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

is this thread is cspam because you admit it is the better forum or because you don't want any resposibility for the garbage posted itt?

the climate is dying and not even covid could save it and you keep votin for steven crowder or that other bald dude, the only thing that can save us as is a russo-chinese invasion.

i'm going to vote at the election, because i have no choice! what happend to freedom.

see you all in the lolamo

lol I didn't even realise it was.

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Wheezle posted:

lol I didn't even realise it was.

april fooled

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

EoinCannon posted:

Virginia Trioli has the worst takes

In which she spins a nostalgic little story about her dad getting the train in the 60s or whatever, but conveniently doesn't mention the last time she ever commuted on public transport or how long it took her

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

There is absolutely a parking space in the ABC Southbank studios that literally has her name on it

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
commuting on public transport is definitely better than commuting by car but they both suck and are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I kinda felt like she was telling the snowflakes to get out of the trackies and get back to the office