Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Paper Lion posted:

whats your one single favourite giant robot. only one. no qualifiers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Q0aNdLtds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The most important page snipe of my career.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Huzzah! posted:

Normal anime, got it.

pomu's normal, confirmed

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Arist posted:

I cannot abide a list that puts 5 at #1, I am sorry

It's got some good fights but the story is poopy

he wants to clean the drugs out of italy and become a gangstar. just a normal story about a guy and his pals. i like the ensemble a lot more than most other parts and its cool to see the jojo be powerful but also kinda take a back seat and let his bros do so much stuff. and im a sucker for a lot of the little moments like the 12 page muda and the dance and when they kick the guy outside the restaraunt. idk. great crew of friends. in 5.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I'm normal.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Gonna continue watching spy x family while training Smithing in Old School Runescape tonight.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I liked Part 4 a lot more in the anime adaption than the manga; I felt like the pacing was a little slow but it flowed a lot better in anime form.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

mista should have been the jojo

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pladdicus posted:

part 4 refers to diamond is unbreakable right? i really loved the art style, what was wrong with the adaptation?

ive never read any of the jojo manga, so i can only speak generally but a) it looks like rear end, and b) after they find out there's a serial killer on the loose they still do a bunch of eps about loving with each other which seems very ???? on priorities

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

giant robo is very cool, and good. thats a robot that would be my friend. important criteria for picking good robots.

mine is mic sounders from gaogaigar. btw.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I keep wanting to grab the blu-ray of this. It's $50 on Amazon rn and these OVAs blew my mind a bit when I watched them so long ago.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Endorph posted:

i have not read all of part 8 but i didnt enjoy what i read that much
8 is the first time Jojo bored me.

I still need to finish it but it really feels like Araki lost something.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

not ground floor but here I am. I missed a couple thousand posts but I'm here to catch up

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

i always assumed given the weird style the whole thing took place inside of some stand users maniacal trap but as the season went on i figured it was just a art style transition.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Saagonsa posted:

Gonna continue watching spy x family while training Smithing in Old School Runescape tonight.

normal posting spotted

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

ive never read any of the jojo manga, so i can only speak generally but a) it looks like rear end, and b) after they find out there's a serial killer on the loose they still do a bunch of eps about loving with each other which seems very ???? on priorities
the anime drags stuff out a lot so the later point feels way worse in the anime than in the manga imo.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

big normie here,

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Roth posted:

I keep wanting to grab the blu-ray of this. It's $50 on Amazon rn and these OVAs blew my mind a bit when I watched them so long ago.
Giant Robo is a masterpiece and worth your money.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Strange Quark posted:

They're kids. The only one whose actual job is investigating what's going on is Jotaro, which is what he's mostly doing off screen.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

My dream is a copy of Giant Robo in every hotel room in the world.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
My favorite big robot is Gundramon, the machine dragon Digimon made out of guns

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

They're kids. The only one whose actual job is investigating what's going on is Jotaro, which is what he's mostly doing off screen.

any time jotaro isnt on screen, everyone should be asking wheres jotaro? part of why i dont like part 4. also the duwang stuff. but also jotaro. really dont like that guy much!!!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i will one day watch JJBA in order to justify framing the part 1 poster my sister gave me for Christmas a few years ago despite never mentioning the show to her

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

My favorite big robot is Gundramon, the machine dragon Digimon made out of guns

i think hes really just a big dragon covered in guns and metal and not a robot. but idk. digimon taxonomy is a phd level field, and i am no doctor.

whats everyones favourite digimon. mines gargomon. hes got it all! green (favourite colour), big and cute, multiple belts, jorts, gatling guns for hands. everything you could ever want in a digimon

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

symbolic posted:

i will one day watch JJBA in order to justify framing the part 1 poster my sister gave me for Christmas a few years ago despite never mentioning the show to her

lol reminds me that my brother got me a Boa Hancock figure for Christmas a couple years ago.

I had never mentioned to him once that I like this character to any significant degree.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

cheetah7071 posted:

I tried SRW T and I didn't particularly like the SRPG bits but it did make me interested in gun x sword so I'm gonna watch that. Perhaps tonight.
if you wind up not clicking with GxS, make sure you at least watch the El Dorado episode before dropping it

it's an episode about a team of washed-up literal mexican power rangers, it rules so hard

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Raenir Salazar posted:

one of them was frigging engineering a boy who cried wolf situation

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

it depends. do you mean giant robot, or giant mecha? a piloted machine, or a self-aware sentient mechanical being?

if it's a self-aware creature, there's no doubt it's this fella. he says ONE LINE and is automatically one of the most badass transformers of all time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bcCKcXnJOU&hd=1

remember when High Noon Studios made a really amazing series of Transformers games using their own designs and reinvented lore, and then didn't get a chance to actually end the series and dissolved, leaving the series forever unfinished? boy that's a fuckin' shame I tell you hwat

I never did get around to playing the second Transformers game from them but the first one was really fun. I should get around to checking out the second.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The biggest lie the anime I ever told was convincing people Jotaro wasn't cool.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 12, 2022

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

one of them was frigging engineering a boy who cried wolf situation

Boys will be boys.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I was about to make a steaming mad post about isekai but I realized something midway into it.

We're in an isekai bubble that might be tapering off in like two years, but I have no idea if any villainess games have been or are being made right now, can anyone say if there's any of that in the works? That said, how many isekai games are out there in general? I only know about Ni No Kuni, Forspoken, Genshin Impact sorta maybe?, Persona 3-5 might count, Kingdom Hearts, Young Souls and that Alice in Wonderland game.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
going to the beach tomorrow~~

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I was about to make a steaming mad post about isekai but I realized something midway into it.

We're in an isekai bubble that might be tapering off in like two years, but I have no idea if any villainess games have been or are being made right now, can anyone say if there's any of that in the works? That said, how many isekai games are out there in general? I only know about Ni No Kuni, Forspoken, Genshin Impact sorta maybe?, Persona 3-5 might count, Kingdom Hearts, Young Souls and that Alice in Wonderland game.
omikron the nomad soul

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Paper Lion posted:

i think hes really just a big dragon covered in guns and metal and not a robot. but idk. digimon taxonomy is a phd level field, and i am no doctor.

He’s officially a machine, not a cyborg, which means no fleshy bits

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the villainess genre is already kind of based on games considering its based on otome game tropes so thats a bit of an ouroboros.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

That said, how many isekai games are out there in general? I only know about Ni No Kuni, Forspoken, Genshin Impact sorta maybe?, Persona 3-5 might count, Kingdom Hearts, Young Souls and that Alice in Wonderland game.

Mario 64

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

remember in season 1 of digimon when they kept calling andromon "the strongest digimon" for no reason. i was always like drat, get andromon to solve this poo poo if hes so strong. then in tamers kentas guardmon digivolves into andromon and kid me lost his gourd. i was like oh poo poo, one of these kids has the strongest digimon andromon now, its a wrap for you d reaper. but then the normal protagonists and ryo just kinda did everything.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I watched Giant Robo. It sucked

Nah just playin it was excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm late but jojos part 8 was so bad.