Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I threw on the first episode of the Glasses show and it seems that all the obnoxious camera angle stuff mellows out after the first four minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Man, I liked the manga of this and was looking forward to the anime. Why'd it have to be GoHands? :sigh:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread:toot:

quote:

BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!!
SANZIGEN | Koudai Kakimoto | Yuniko Ayana | Music | Original | Jun 29, 2023
A new anime in the BanG Dream! franchise was announced at the "MyGO!!!!! 4th LIVE" concert. "Would you be in a band with me for the rest of your life?" It’s the end of spring of Anon’s first year at Haneoka Girls’ Academy, and almost everyone seems to be in a band. In order to fit in with the rest of the class, Anon, who started school late, scurries to find band members, and finds out that “Haneoka's Weirdo" Tomori has yet to join any bands. So Anon resolves to speak with Tomori at any cost but...
PV
Thread

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I can't stop watching the part at the very beginning where the walk cycle doesn't line up with the speed of the character moving across the frame so he just slides every few steps to keep up with the camera movement.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Okashi na Tensei (Sweet Reincarnation) ep 2:

It's an isekai series somewhat similar to Ascendance of a Bookworm in that someone gets isekaied to world on par with medieval Europe but with magic and they want to follow their real world obsession but they have to develop pretty much every part of their hobby from first principles to even get started. In this case the protagonist used to be a top level patisserie chef and he wants to go back to creating amazing desserts for the whole world but the remote area he was born into only has basic subsistence farming and he doesn't even have access to any apples or fruit, let alone sugar or most of the other refined ingredients needed for baking. Plus he has to help the entire village survive the harsh living conditions and roving bands of bandits before he can even consider resuming baking, but if that's what it takes then he's gonna gently caress up some bandits. :black101:

So far it's pretty mid but perfectly passable which puts it a step above the usual isekai :v:

Apparently JNC has it on catchup this month which seems to be the typical pattern for any series that get an adaptation.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

kidcoelacanth posted:

very excited to see one of my favorite mangoes in anime. i hope they don't gently caress it up!!

<-
<-
<-

this one

oh no

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this was an attack against me specifically

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

having expectations ftl

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

kidcoelacanth posted:

this was an attack against me specifically

I loved the manga, and I was happily awaiting the adaptation, too. This... thing.... it just sucks. Is it worse than Biscuit Hammer already?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
No, because while it's got all of GoHands classic weirdness with storyboard layouts, it's at least visually interesting and everything else seems fine.

Biscuit hammer was a shitshow from top to bottom, with bad storyboarding, bad directing, bad animation, bad sound design, bad pacing, etc.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I dunno if I'm going to watch anything this season. Hopefully a diamond in the rough emerges.

I might try "The most heretical last boss queen: from villainess to savior" on hidive when the first episode is released

currently watching "level 1 demon lord & one room hero", also on hidive

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

it's got an interesting premise and seems like a relatively comfy self improvement series with a supernatural assistant but there is an excessive amount of pervy close-up and focus shots.

Could be worth a 3 episode test if that ecchi stuff gets toned down.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
People who are more plugged in than I am; what's going on with Zombieland Saga? There was supposed to be a movie right? Is there any indication when that will come out or if it still is?

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Endorph posted:

i love this shot where you see tomori's sketchbook, it provides so much insight into how she views the world and they dont really call attention to or explain any of it its just there

pretty much every scene with a tomori notebook appearance is incredible. i love the bits where she hides her face with them

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
everyone please take time out of your life to watch BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Epi Lepi posted:

People who are more plugged in than I am; what's going on with Zombieland Saga? There was supposed to be a movie right? Is there any indication when that will come out or if it still is?

no news on this since the initial announcement, as far as i can tell

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Mappa movies don't exist.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Mari Okada's one made it through, I'm excited for that

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
JJK season 2 has a pretty good OP

https://twitter.com/i/status/1676337967118405635

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Arc Hammer posted:

I can't stop watching the part at the very beginning where the walk cycle doesn't line up with the speed of the character moving across the frame so he just slides every few steps to keep up with the camera movement.

When he steps into the classroom they haven't lined his sprite up with the frame and half of him is missing.

If you look at people at the back of the classroom they are juddering sightly.

When he moves his chair his hand just hovers above it instead of actually touching it.

Seriously I think every frame contains a different gently caress up, but you can't notice them all because there is just so much poo poo constantly happening.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Another GoHands show this season is "The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again," and the trailer for that one had all the same weirdness of the stuff people have been bringing up in the thread. That's starting this Saturday.

Meanwhile, by this time tomorrow I will have seen the first episode of "Reincarnated As A Vending Machine."

Pray for me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Epi Lepi posted:

Zombieland Saga is by a studio called Mappa. Mappa's famously overworked and usually does big shonen adaptations. Right now they're busy with Chainsaw Man, Attack on Titan, Vinland Saga, and Jujutsu Kaisen. There's been no news on when the Zombieland movie is happening.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Southern Cassowary posted:

the dreaming boy is a realist: it's really bad and the setup is very unfortunate (a creepy stalker just decides to be normal one day and this freaks everyone out, including his target, who is the apparent romantic interest in the show and secretly likes him)

I agree with this completely! The description didn’t seem so creepy, so I checked it out and the first three minutes, where he almost gets hit by a stray soccer ball and some weird event happens, I thought it was going to have a sci-fi twist or something.

But no. Creepy guy gives up on being a stalker. Apparent tsundere girl was hiding the fact that she likes him by rejecting him constantly, then getting pissy when he gives up. Her best friend harasses him for stalking her, then harasses him for giving up. His friends give him poo poo for stalking, then giving up. Even the teacher gives him poo poo. Honestly,this anime is frustrating.

For anyone that’s read the manga, is it always like this? Does it get better? Or is it tsundere, stalker, and the lovely people encouraging bad behavior?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

What does the text say?
also sorry missed this post. its nothing too specific, just tomori's poetry/musings, depressing stuff. 'if i practice enough maybe they wont realize im broken' and such. 'what am i doing wrong?' and then the dead bug saying 'i dont know'

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Imagine how there are still people who think the yuri on ice movie is happening

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

Imagine how there are still people who think the yuri on ice movie is happening
when they literally removed it from their website i knew it was over

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

also sorry missed this post. its nothing too specific, just tomori's poetry/musings, depressing stuff. 'if i practice enough maybe they wont realize im broken' and such. 'what am i doing wrong?' and then the dead bug saying 'i dont know'

Thank you and drat

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Seriously I think every frame contains a different gently caress up, but you can't notice them all because there is just so much poo poo constantly happening.
Sounds like the OG season of RWBY

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

sb hermit posted:

currently watching "level 1 demon lord & one room hero", also on hidive

sb hermit posted:

it's got an interesting premise and seems like a relatively comfy self improvement series with a supernatural assistant but there is an excessive amount of pervy close-up and focus shots.

Could be worth a 3 episode test if that ecchi stuff gets toned down.

Agreed on all points, I'll also give it 3 eps

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

the novelty of the vending machine isekai's premise wears out quickly and outside of that it's as generic of an isekai as i can imagine. it's not offensively bad or anything but just incredibly middling.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

does the novelty at least last for half an episode

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

ninjewtsu posted:

does the novelty at least last for half an episode

i was bored by the three minute mark when a fish jumped out of a lake and it was the most exciting thing that had happened in the show up to that point

most of the vending machine stuff is just isekai video game menu stuff. he gets god powers so he solves problems by casting barriers rather than like hucking cans of soup at frog men.

the one thing i will say in its favor is that the human characters seem like they're a little charming and if the tone is lighter it could be a little fun as generic comfort food, but i'm not interested enough to stick around and find out

Southern Cassowary fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 5, 2023

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

this is devastating news

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Epi Lepi posted:

tae yamada ate the storyboards :(

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Agronox posted:

yamada ate the storyboards :(

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the director and writer on reborn as a vending machine didn't have great resumes coming into it (World's End Harem, Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest, Oresuki, Am I Actually the Strongest, Eromanga-sensei, Vermeil in Gold) so I wasn't really expecting much

the best thing either of them had worked on was the director had once helmed the Bakuman adaptation, and the writer's best stuff is in idol anime (Idoly Pride, Cinderella Girls s2)

i know sometimes it's unfair to judge people solely on past works but both of them have been in the industry since the beginning of the century :shrug:

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 5, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

the director and writer on reborn as a vending machine didn't have great resumes coming into it (World's End Harem, Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest, Oresuki, Am I Actually the Strongest, Eromanga-sensei, Vermeil in Gold) so I wasn't really expecting much

the best thing either of them had worked on was the director had once helmed the Bakuman adaptation, and the writer's best stuff is in idol anime (Idoly Pride, Cinderella Girls s2)

i know sometimes it's unfair to judge people solely on past works but both of them have been in the industry since the beginning of the century :shrug:
im sure the staff tasked with the adaptation of Reborn As A Vending Machine were flexing all of their creative muscles, and its failures are solely on their shoulders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why did Reborn as a Vending Machine not get a bocchi the rock style transcendent animation born of sheer passion