Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Me opening a wrapper near the computer and watching a crumb fly into my keyboard might be the worst thing that has ever happened on this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
How has 'Im falling for you' not been posted?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Rest in Peace Coup

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
I like his new show I'm a Virgo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I'd be remiss if i didn't post the Garfield strip for September 10th, 2001

Lmao

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Best wishes to all, even the haters and losers, on this special date, September 11th.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Happy 9/11 my friends :)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

9/11 photos remind me how lovely cars were back then

We deserved it just for that alone

You take that back! My 89 Honda Civic was gold. And it got stolen a week after 9/11. And I was not sure what bothered me more, that my beloved 89 Honda Civic was gone, or that the criminals took it a time "we had all come together".

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

ProperGanderPusher posted:

I remember the following Halloween where we were all asked to forego traditional spooky Halloween costumes at school and dress up as police and soldiers and firemen instead. They insisted cops were IN and scary things were OUT.

So many brains were broken at that time. Only other time I saw it was when Trump was elected.

my dad punched me in the mouth when I was 15 (2001) because I said gently caress cops

after he got arrested for assaulting the gay folks next door (he's a racist trumpist and sucks). the only better mugshot I've seen was trump's.

too bad that fucker bush who let all those people die (overseas and in the towers) wasn't right beside them.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

redshirt posted:

You take that back! My 89 Honda Civic was gold. And it got stolen a week after 9/11.

Hmmm just a week after 9/11 eh? Surely that can't be a coincidence. Truly, it was the Building 7 of cars.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
On that day in 2001 a classmate came up to me in band class and blamed "my people" for the attacks, oblivious that my family came from Peru. I also distinctly remember my Dad saying "Watch Bush start another war" per verbatim.

welp that was my 9/11 story thanks for reading

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I was at work on 9/11 and now I work with people who remember it vaguely from early childhood the way I remember the Challenger explosion

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I lived in Cali and it happened before school. My school was cancelled for the day while everyone everywhere was seemingly freaking out and watching the news all day.
I got to stay home, it was a day of all time.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

ChickenHeart posted:

On that day in 2001 a classmate came up to me in band class and blamed "my people" for the attacks, oblivious that my family came from Peru. I also distinctly remember my Dad saying "Watch Bush start another war" per verbatim.

welp that was my 9/11 story thanks for reading

Your dad is a goon?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

maybealabia posted:

I was at work on 9/11 and now I work with people who remember it vaguely from early childhood the way I remember the Challenger explosion

I was old enough to remember it pretty well, but I was still in primary school.
E: I suppose this is how I feel when I've worked with now adults who weren't even alive.

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 11, 2023

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol y’all motherfuckers are so goddam old

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Was working at Staples at the time stocking shelves, the store was strangely empty. Had a coworker pulled me into the break room just in time to see a plane hit the second tower on a tiny TV. They sent us home shortly thereafter, that job sucked.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

digitalist posted:

Was working at Staples at the time stocking shelves, the store was strangely empty. Had a coworker pulled me into the break room just in time to see a plane hit the second tower on a tiny TV. They sent us home shortly thereafter, that job sucked.

Hey I worked at a staples, it was my second job.
I can confirm that job loving sucked.

If you're reading this, Lisa, gently caress you.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I was in 3rd grade, and I legitimately don’t remember finding out what had happened for like, a month

I guess my parents were super good about clamping down on watching the news when we were home?

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Grey Cat posted:

Hey I worked at a staples, it was my second job.
I can confirm that job loving sucked.

If you're reading this, Lisa, gently caress you.

They hired a bunch of us for the back to school rush and we all got fired about 2 days before we would have made it into the union minus 1 guy who boot licked hard. I wish I remembered my bosses name because I'd join you in telling our former bosses to gently caress off, e: well I still can I guess, gently caress you former boss.

Found it,

digitalist fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 11, 2023

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

digitalist posted:

They hired a bunch of us for the back to school rush and we all got fired about 2 days before we would have made it into the union minus 1 guy who boot licked hard. I wish I remembered my bosses name because I'd join you in telling our former bosses to gently caress off.

I was hired to work the tech department since I'm savvy and antisocial.

They instead had me working as a red shirt cashier and warehouse person. They'd make me build office chairs while working the front and only cashier position. Constantly dangling a carrot of, "if you keep up the good work maybe one day you'll work in the tech department." Lisa would sit in the back on facebook all day having me also organize her manager papers while working the register. Tammy would tell me to smile more, "you'd probably get a better position". Lisa on multiple occasions told me every little thing I'd do wrong over the intercom and employee radio for everyone to hear.

I called in on a busy day and said I wasn't showing up anymore. It was liberating.

E: Oh yeah and some lady slapped me in the face for no reason. That was pretty cool.

Grey Cat fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 11, 2023

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://youtu.be/3do3QrUNV5s?si=VdcOfA_M9erbCEKG

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

Uriah Heep created this masterpiece a couple months back from the muskrocket photshop thread that absolutely deserves a spot in this thread, well tangentially anyway I guess, it'll make me feel less bad for a staples derail

https://i.imgur.com/N6HijHB.mp4

Link to original post, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4017184&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post527904638

Grey Cat posted:

I was hired to work the tech department since I'm savvy and antisocial.

They instead had me working as a red shirt cashier and warehouse person. They'd make me build office chairs while working the front and only cashier position. Constantly dangling a carrot of, "if you keep up the good work maybe one day you'll work in the tech department." Lisa would sit in the back on facebook all day having me also organize her manager papers while working the register. Tammy would tell me to smile more, "you'd probably get a better position". Lisa on multiple occasions told me every little thing I'd do wrong over the intercom and employee radio for everyone to hear.

I called in on a busy day and said I wasn't showing up anymore. It was liberating.

E: Oh yeah and some lady slapped me in the face for no reason. That was pretty cool.

That sounds particularly hellish, my coworkers weren't too bad. To manufacture consent, my boss had me arrange an end cap with new stationary by myself and a couple days later said I did a terrible job and used that as justification to fire me. Pretty sure none of that is decided by anyone on the floor, how/where stuff is decided by corporate.

digitalist fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 11, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

digitalist posted:

That sounds particularly hellish, my coworkers weren't too bad. To manufacture consent, my boss had me arrange an end cap with new stationary by myself and a couple days later said I did a terrible job and used that as justification to fire me. Pretty sure none of that is decided by anyone on the floor, how/where stuff is decided by corporate.

It was absolutely hellish.

Nothing on the floor is planned by people in the store, you're right.
Corporate sends a "planogram" and some poor shmucks at the store have to make it happen. Extra fun when the shelves and space literally don't work so you have to wing it and explain why you had to do it differently later.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

This is why they banned the phrase "hey koolaid!" in the one world trade center.
There's an automated turret system that kills anyone uttering the phrase before it's finished.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
Is there a link to the original SA thread on the topic?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

lmao, i remember putting some thought into switching schools, but no i just couldn’t resist the sweet siren call of the citadel. made me into the man i am today

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I've listened to the Howard Stern 9/11 episode in the background a few times in the last few months and it feels so uncomfortable to listen to in the here and now for several different reasons.

It's worth a listen, don't get me wrong, but there's this mix of depression, humor, anger, confusion, etc. that is being said before the war on terror really starts and the attitudes start shifting after that.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

This is why they banned the phrase "hey koolaid!" in the one world trade center.
There's an automated turret system that kills anyone uttering the phrase before it's finished.

That monster unleashes destruction wherever he is invoked, and for what? Kool-Aid??!

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
they should have built three new even taller towers

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"
Thanks for reminding me not to leave the house today. :d2a:

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
It's pretty sunny out, so I'm sure Bin Laden is going to see his shadow. Six more years of the War on Terror!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Jet fuel can't melt asbestos

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

emSparkly posted:

Jet fuel can't melt asbestos

prophetic

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

lol every time you remember the songs that got banned off the radio because “Click Click Boom” has the word “boom” in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Merry 9/11 to everyone who celebrates