Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

lmfao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Ban this retard for hacking.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i just bought this sight unseen on switch. hope its cool

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It’s perfect on the Switch.

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

tmfc posted:

i just bought this sight unseen on switch. hope its cool

see ya in a few days lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Downloading now

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Goddamn this game is good

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

herculon posted:

Goddamn this game is good

this

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Finally won a run with the yellow deck after trying all day and unlocked the challenges.

----------------

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Black Deck is the basic deck I still need a win with. The upside is great but "-1 hand per round" also means losing a potential $1 each round from hand bonuses which really throws me off at the beginning. I think I need to get more aggressive buying Jokers early

edit: Yellow Deck is cool when you can leverage that starting cash into something that gets you money over the rest of the run

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

goferchan posted:

Black Deck is the basic deck I still need a win with. The upside is great but "-1 hand per round" also means losing a potential $1 each round from hand bonuses which really throws me off at the beginning. I think I need to get more aggressive buying Jokers early

i'm in the same boat. if you think about how many rounds you win in an average game on the final hand, -1 hand is much more of a disadvantage than being able to have an extra joker. you need to be a bit more aggressive in buying jokers early but if you go too hard you'll be constantly broke, not getting interest, being forced to take whatever shows up first in the shop and just waiting to die. it's a tightrope and the only runs that have gone deep so far have had extremely good luck in finding the good rare jokers relatively early

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

finally got a black deck win. the run was on life support until i got a polychrome cavendish (4.5X multi). director's cut also bailed me out -- rerolled the final boss blind from the one with 300,000 chips into the one where you have to sell a joker to un-debuff all your cards. no chance i could have gotten 300,000 chips in 3 hands

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Painted Deck rules. +2 hand size is worth the lost Joker slot.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Does this have a tutorial?
I don't know how to play card games except go fish, uno, windows solitaire, and slay the spire

----------------

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SpaceAceJase posted:

Does this have a tutorial?
I don't know how to play card games except go fish, uno, windows solitaire, and slay the spire

Yeah, first run is a tutorial. It'll teach you the basics of the game. Also if you click the Run Info button it will give a list of the types of plays you can score with, along with tooltips showing examples

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

seeing a Bioluminescent Holographic Foil Joker in the shop and my buttplug goes skittering cross the floor at 100mph

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

got messed up going all in on buffing flushes and then i got a royal flush which was still lvl 1

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oddium posted:

got messed up going all in on buffing flushes and then i got a royal flush which was still lvl 1

thats imp magic

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

----------------

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

hell yes

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I just did that with hearts and ran into the heart debuff boss next ante lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

The checker deck pwns

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
just need to beat it with black deck and then I can work on difficulty levels and challenges

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Leadthumb posted:

I just did that with hearts and ran into the heart debuff boss next ante lol

was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oddium posted:

was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm terrible at this game but I can't stop playing

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Trying to get a win with the black deck and going progressively more insane.

----------------

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

after 20 hours of play i finally got my first legendary joker then immediately lost

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

American McGay posted:

Trying to get a win with the black deck and going progressively more insane.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

after 20 hours of play i finally got my first legendary joker then immediately lost

Same. Got my second shortly after and won.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

kept cloning these with Death and upgrading them with Blueprint and Hiker, had 7 of them worth 300 chips by the time my run ended in ante 12. was playing pairs worth 25 mil

Only registered members can see post attachments!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Arch Nemesis posted:

kept cloning these with Death and upgrading them with Blueprint and Hiker, had 7 of them worth 300 chips by the time my run ended in ante 12. was playing pairs worth 25 mil

lmfao loving hell

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

Lmao I gotta start going for seals more. After like 20+ failed attempts at green stake, I'm doing the omelet challenge now and it's intense, this game rules lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

This game is great at making me feel retarded when I try to switch out one of my early game jokers and immediately fail

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Being able to switch between rank and suit sorting to help identify face down cards is really cool

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Had a “5 of a kind” run on the black deck because of a lucky early spectral that gave me a dozen 9s and slowly built it up to pretty powerful and then on the final boss blind I can’t get a single 9 no matter how many times I discard.

BRB chopping my dick off.

----------------

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Leadthumb posted:

Being able to switch between rank and suit sorting to help identify face down cards is really cool

:staredog:

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Just finished the omelet. Had a super careful 2 hour run where every decision felt like life or death. By the end I was using red seals on lucky face cards with that dice card that doubles the odds and another that made face cards repeat, poo poo was out of control and I didn't even have the lucky cat lol. That was so fun wtf