Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

mikeycp posted:

You're garbage, Adrianza.

Not as much as Hector Sanchez!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'd ask why the Giants decided to start Perez and Adrianza, but they got as many hits as Sandoval and Morse so...

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Lets go Jays. Bats need to wake up tonight

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

And Lawrie needs to remember what 3rd base is like

e: lol at the YES commentators thinking that should have been a base hit "because it's derek jeter out there"

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Nice weather, dicks.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
Awwww I didn't realize it was a day game. Oh well, I was too busy to watch anyway. I hope this Kevin Gausman guy continues to loving OWN BONES.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Volquez is all over the place tonight.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
So josh Harrison. Is he the luckiest hitter for the past month and a half or is he just a good hitter but never had the AB's for us to find out?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Come on Jays :(

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
:sigh: And just when I thought Volquez was starting to improve.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
Altuve, you are too good for this team.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Navarro's ability to fatly hit little singles in clutch situations owns so hard.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

gently caress you Volquez

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Alright Russ.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Welcome back, colby :)

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Navarro + Colby!! Wooo

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
gently caress the Collision Rule. :mad:

At any other base that is an out.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Bullshit replay, bullshit decision, bullshit game. I hope Hurdle raises hell.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
gently caress baseball.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Yankees commentators still mad about Pineda I think.

What is Brett Lawrie putting on his glove?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

cool

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
gently caress the Yankees and their stupid short porch

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
gently caress this game.

E: Gonna watch the Blue Jays game instead.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

It's insanely cool that Brett Gardner always gets on base just for Jeter to make lovely contact on the first pitch right afterwards.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

So just what could Martin have done to not block the plate and still execute the force out?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Bung Harmer posted:

So just what could Martin have done to not block the plate and still execute the force out?

I guess they want him to make sure to stand only on the very corner of the plate and doesn't cover up too much of it.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

skaboomizzy posted:

Bullshit replay, bullshit decision, bullshit game. I hope Hurdle raises hell.
Seriously? I can understand being mad because Volquez poo poo the bed (and he did so quite often at the end of his tenure with the Reds), but Martin was blocking the plate.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Abner Assington posted:

Seriously? I can understand being mad because Volquez poo poo the bed (and he did so quite often at the end of his tenure with the Reds), but Martin was blocking the plate.

Martin had his foot in the middle of the plate, body out of the way, front of the plate open for the runner to touch. How was he blocking?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
What happened to Brett Lawrie?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

What happened to Brett Lawrie?

Hit on the hand by a pitch.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

:ohdear:

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Abner Assington posted:

It was a force play, he literally had to stand on the plate.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Lawrie hand x-ray came back negative. Hopefully just a bruise and he'll be back ASAP

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Mornacale posted:

It was a force play, he literally had to stand on the plate.
He's not allowed to. Sorry?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
For fucks sake Blue Jays

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
narf, brain. narf.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Brian McCann triple :dance:

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Abner Assington posted:

He's not allowed to. Sorry?

Yes, that is why it is stupid as hell. It is literally not allowed to get runners out on a force at home, apparently.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
I'll agree that it's a stupid rule and needs to be revised/clarified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Will the Jays make a miraculous comeback? If so I'll eat this old pita bread on my table

• Locked thread