Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

worthless. posted:

Has there been any announcement about when the next DLC is dropping?

It's so disappointing that they don't even acknowledge this. How hard can it be to release dlc when there's cross play between regions already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Booyah- posted:

It's so disappointing that they don't even acknowledge this. How hard can it be to release dlc when there's cross play between regions already?

They're bad at providing/programming the required translations with any degree of haste?

Then again, G-Self Perfect was Day 1 DLC and that one actually came with a Navigator, which is the one thing that requires the most translation work (of the minimal translation needed).

If any of them come with songs, that may massively complicate things but I think very few suits come with anything like that.

In short...

:shrug:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/920363803870601216

US will be fully up to date tomorrow.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Hell yeah! Doesn’t actually affect me since I’ll still only play Guntank and Rocku but good to know my friends have more choices.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Finally, I can stop rocking back and forth on the fetal position whispering "Nightingale"

Now I can start doing it for Penelope and Ex-S.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

There's gonna be a million age-1 players (including me) hopping around, how exciting. Buster is apparently Gunner Zaku's second coming so i'm excited for him too

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

How does this game play with a dual shock? I don't have a PS4 arcade stick and I'm kind of hoping it just comes out for PC, by if it plays well with a controller I might crack.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I wouldn't count on a pc version, but I guess it's more likely than the previous games. Regardless, the game plays fine on a pad, plenty of folks are successful with it. You'll probably have to set your shoulder buttons to macro a couple of button combinations unless you're real good at the crab claw though.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Extreme Vs was terrible on pad but this one plays just fine.

Edit: the 6th suit is Big Zam! He’s gonna be selectable for normal fights instead of just that boss fight! Hell yeah. I love my giant son.

Null of Undefined fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 17, 2017

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

worthless. posted:

Extreme Vs was terrible on pad but this one plays just fine.

Edit: the 6th suit is Big Zam! He’s gonna be selectable for normal fights instead of just that boss fight! Hell yeah. I love my giant son.

The controls are the same :psyduck: (other than adding the striker button)

I'm a little concerned about that Big Zam 'reveal', if that's true it's pretty funny and it's not even out in Japan yet. On the other hand this might be a marketing person that genuinely doesn't know what they are talking about lol

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Dj Meow Mix posted:

The controls are the same :psyduck: (other than adding the striker button)

I'm a little concerned about that Big Zam 'reveal', if that's true it's pretty funny and it's not even out in Japan yet. On the other hand this might be a marketing person that genuinely doesn't know what they are talking about lol

The controls might have been the same but I had a really hard time probably because it was in Japanese. The shoulder buttons didn’t seem to consistently do things, so I relied on the face button combos like in the arcade, that poo poo is hard to do on a pad.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I have a way easier time playing this game on a stick, too. Trying to play it on a pad just feels really awkward and makes my fingers into a pretzel. I mean I have an easier time playing fighting games on a stick anyway but this game isn't quite the same thing.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

I've been playing entirely on my gamepad, but it got a lot easier when I rebound it to be more Soulsborne like and put ranged/r special on the L shoulders and melee/melee special on the R's.

Dulkor fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 18, 2017

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

DLC is up. Big Zam was not included. How in the world does their marketing staff not know about this stuff lol

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

Dj Meow Mix posted:

DLC is up. Big Zam was not included. How in the world does their marketing staff not know about this stuff lol

Well time to cry I guess. What’s the 6th suit then? Or is there not one?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Tier List:

http://exvsrank.ninja-x.jp/gvs_300.html

It's in Japanese, but you don't really need to know any to navigate around. Keep in mind that Tier rankings may fluctuate by country depending on whatever meta's out in the online wilds.

Not sure how consistently it's updated, but it will give you some insight into what is performing well right now. AGE-1's ranking makes it unsurprising that there will be a lot of people playing it at the moment.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

worthless. posted:

Well time to cry I guess. What’s the 6th suit then? Or is there not one?

Just the five. Phantom, Nightingale, AGE-1, Buster and Alvaaron.

LuiCypher posted:

Tier List:

http://exvsrank.ninja-x.jp/gvs_300.html

It's in Japanese, but you don't really need to know any to navigate around. Keep in mind that Tier rankings may fluctuate by country depending on whatever meta's out in the online wilds.

Not sure how consistently it's updated, but it will give you some insight into what is performing well right now. AGE-1's ranking makes it unsurprising that there will be a lot of people playing it at the moment.

It's updated every couple weeks, usually after a suit's been out for a week or so. The meta is extremely aggressive at the moment and AGE-1 flourishes in that with Spallow form.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Big Zam is available, but only in 3v3 and must be purchased. laffo

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Big Zam is available, but only in 3v3 and must be purchased. laffo

Pretty sure all the DLC suits have to be purchased, but that’s awesome that it’s actually playable in multiplayer!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone up for a goon versus room either tonight sometime or sunday? I've been itching to get my Nightingale and now that I have it I need to stretch my legs a bit.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Depending on scheduling, I'd be interested in Sunday.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'd be down for playing on Sunday, depending on what time you want

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Mid-afternoon to evening ish would probably be best. I don't know what times people are free but starting anywhere between 3-7 central time would work for me

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Well if people are still up for it, I'll throw a room up in about an hour and a half. About as good of a lead time for people to see since I guess there's no strong opinions on when people want to see a room.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Well if people are still up for it, I'll throw a room up in about an hour and a half. About as good of a lead time for people to see since I guess there's no strong opinions on when people want to see a room.

Did it get setup?

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
I definitely need more practice today, I'm down.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dulkor posted:

I've been playing entirely on my gamepad, but it got a lot easier when I rebound it to be more Soulsborne like and put ranged/r special on the L shoulders and melee/melee special on the R's.

this sounds real interesting, what'd you put on which face buttons?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

unpurposed posted:

Did it get setup?

It's set up now, Casual Play Room, named Goondam, 8 person room. There may be pubbies joining but hey I don't know how many people we'll actually have so better chance to fill it out.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ignore, using above room

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

this sounds real interesting, what'd you put on which face buttons?

Jump and change target stay x and circle, I put Striker on square and have sub attack bound to triangle for any moments where I don't feel like trusting a simultaneous R1/L1 to go off.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ok dumb question but what is the icon of a man running with a number under the burst gauge?

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Can we make the room bigger

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
The running icon is the room speed (inverse of delay)
Higher is better.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Not without killing and remaking the room, unfortunately.

idk how many goons are actually in the room versus how many are just random dudes though. Kinda wish there were a password function.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I could only play for a little but I had a lot of fun with the matches I did do. Pretty sure I was playing against goons, I played against two people who added me from here, anyway

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was the X2 Kai, fun times. Still in here. Apologies for sucking haha.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

unpurposed posted:

I was the X2 Kai, fun times. Still in here. Apologies for sucking haha.

Nah, man. You were great. I kept worrying that I was running down our points too much

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dangerous Person posted:

Nah, man. You were great. I kept worrying that I was running down our points too much

What suit did you play? Had great games with everyone :)

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I was the G-Self for most of it. I was also Barbatos and the Nu for at least one match each

EDIT: Should also mention that I'm Craigabdul. Wanna fight all of you again real soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

I'm the all zeta suits stan, name matches here.

• Locked thread