Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I was lazy in college and use to pay for a wash / dry / fold every week. The best thing was, I would call in an extra cheese pizza from the parking lot, and it would be coming out of the oven EXACTLY in the amount of time it took to drive from the Laundromat to the pizza place.

Then I would bring home my clean clothes and my pizza and play KOTOR until 2am.

That was the loving life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

im gonna say eating which i guess also eliminates pooping right

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Former DILF posted:

im gonna say eating which i guess also eliminates pooping right

I suppose, but I happen to enjoy both those things.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

if you define chore broadly enough you can do some really weird poo poo

like what if its a chore to you to exist in this material plane, could you just give up all pissing, making GBS threads, pain etc?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I dunno probably flossing

I do it but that doesnt mean its fun or anything

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Ooo. I change my answer. Sleeping.

read Beggars In Spain

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Washing silverware. I don't even care about doing dishes in general it's just loving forks and spoons and poo poo. They take so long! :argh:

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
laundry.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Literally A Person posted:

Washing silverware. I don't even care about doing dishes in general it's just loving forks and spoons and poo poo. They take so long! :argh:
huh?? how? if you wash them not long after using them it should go really quickly. like just wash em the minute you finish eating. otherwise if theyre crusty just boil water soak em in that and come back in like 15 mins and it will be EZ

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

a hole-y ghost posted:

huh?? how? if you wash them not long after using them it should go really quickly. like just wash em the minute you finish eating. otherwise if theyre crusty just boil water soak em in that and come back in like 15 mins and it will be EZ

Both my wife and me, though typically cleanly in most respects are both the kind of people who don't wash silverware until the last fork in the drawer is gone. Our sink will be empty most of the week with nothing but a pile of silverware at the bottom.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Literally A Person posted:

Both my wife and me, though typically cleanly in most respects are both the kind of people who don't wash silverware until the last fork in the drawer is gone. Our sink will be empty most of the week with nothing but a pile of silverware at the bottom.
jesus gently caress you leave dishes for longer than a day? :(

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

but why

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

a hole-y ghost posted:

jesus gently caress you leave dishes for longer than a day? :(

Quite literally only silverware. Flatware and pots and pans are cleaned as we use them.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

okay... thats weird... but okay

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

a hole-y ghost posted:

okay... thats weird... but okay

Like I said, neither of us like to wash silverware. Specifically.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
You kids need dishwashers.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
living, mostly. its bullshit. who cares. not me, thats who

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
If you're not saying "folding and putting away laundry", you probably don't fold and put away laundry for more than one person. It's an endless deluge of fabric.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Dusting. Hey dust, if you're just sitting on top of my shelves minding your own business I have no quarrel with you.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

living

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

:rip::hf::rip:

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
Shitposting.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Laundry, without a doubt.

Everything else can be more or less automated (Roomba for vacuuming, lawnmower robot for the lawn, dishwasher for dishes, etc) but laundry still takes forever. Even with washing machines doing the actual washing, you still have to sort it, fill the machine, empty the machine, hang it to dry, fold it and put it away.

Or someone could just invent a laundry robot, that would be fine.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Collateral Damage posted:

Laundry, without a doubt.

Everything else can be more or less automated (Roomba for vacuuming, lawnmower robot for the lawn, dishwasher for dishes, etc) but laundry still takes forever. Even with washing machines doing the actual washing, you still have to sort it, fill the machine, empty the machine, hang it to dry, fold it and put it away.

Or someone could just invent a laundry robot, that would be fine.

I actually truly enjoy folding laundry, I find it a relaxing, Zen experience.

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009
Probably writing cheques to the nanny.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Kritzkrieg Kop posted:

Probably writing cheques to the nanny.

We pay the nanny with booze. Bottle of vodka upfront and whatever beer is in the fridge.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
The progression of household AI robots will be as follows:

-sexbots
-sexbots who do laundry
-sexbots who do laundry and dishes

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

The progression of household AI robots will be as follows:

-sexbots
-sexbots who do laundry
-sexbots who do laundry and dishes

Sounds like my wife haha

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I find laundry kind of relaxing unless you're at a laundromat or something... But yeah, you put on some music, you throw them into the washer, then the drier, and then jam while you fold them.

Granted, I've never had to do laundry for anyone other than myself/boyfriend, and never a house full of kids or anything.

gently caress dishes, though. Soapy food water and scrubby things and just eeeeew ew ew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I don't find dishes that bad if you just do them right away when the dirt is still soft and rinses off easily.

• Locked thread