Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Intruder posted:

Some NBC exec is watching this and then furiously tapping at his phone

To give them more money amirite??? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This editing is bad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Intruder posted:

Some NBC exec is watching this and then furiously tapping at his phone

Some WWE exec is watching this and furiously doing something else :sigh:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Was that meant to be scary

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

How could this possibly get any wor... oh here's Matt Riddle.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Okay I’m out see you all later

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

"LET ME IN...

Broooooooooooooooooo"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
It trips me out how Alexa's sister abigail has consistently been 10x better than Bray's since the first day she did it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Wow, Joe managed to not say "look at the flops fly! I love it!" for once

Blaise330 posted:

It trips me out how Alexa's sister abigail has consistently been 10x better than Bray's since the first day she did it.

I remember when people were briefly talking about Bayley being Sister Abigail and I'm imagining her current character doing it and being the Karen soccer mom that rules Bray and whoever is under him kind of like the BTE version of Brodie

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Flipped over for that Alexa thing, which was just otherworldly bad. The editing, the production, the concept, the acting...just whiff after whiff after whiff.

(Places hand under head, stiffly pivoting to the next line of dialog, which is being delivered in a childlike manner on a playground to nobody) But then again, it was never meant to be good, was it?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I always pictured Sister Abigail as a character that doesn't talk

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I pictured her as a character who you never see cause she died a long time ago

What ever happened with the puppets being trapped in limbo and Abby begging Bray to let them rest anyway

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Intruder posted:

I pictured her as a character who you never see cause she died a long time ago

What ever happened with the puppets being trapped in limbo and Abby begging Bray to let them rest anyway

Absolutely nothing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cedric has the same gimmick as Billie lol

e: so dumb but I guess it's possible they don't want MVP to wrestle a real match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Man, if this all works out and Riddle is able to manage all bullshit victories over all members of Hurt Business, he'll FINALLY have earned a shot against Bobby Lashley like the one he got two weeks ago and lost clean!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Man, if this all works out and Riddle is able to manage all bullshit victories over all members of Hurt Business, he'll FINALLY have earned a shot against Bobby Lashley like the one he got two weeks ago and lost clean!

Which he earned after losing a match but the ref didn't see him tap and Bobby, the heel, released the hold immediately after feeling the tap

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Intruder posted:

Which he earned after losing a match but the ref didn't see him tap and Bobby, the heel, released the hold immediately after feeling the tap

Well when you put it like that, it makes WWE sound like a bad company who can't write a narrative for poo poo!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Riddle finally gets his shot at the championship after losing weeks ago!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Phew, somebody almost got over there but luckily they fixed that!

I mean, it's Riddle so anything that ends up with him lying in a battered heap is good, but even so!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This footage reminded me that they used to have Performance Center hostages for their crowd

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

God that match of Edge vs Orton at Backlash was so boring, but at least it didn't have a Benoit tribute in it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

This footage reminded me that they used to have Performance Center hostages for their crowd

I wonder how many of those people have been fired since then, and how many more will be fired now that they are getting paid an extra $250million a year for the next 5 years to let somebody else do the WWE's work for them?

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Is there even a favorite to win the rumble this year?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I remember how Vince would have them yell phrases at various times that sounded really really bad because you could hear them so clearly. Like someone would be cutting a promo about how whoever he's feuding with didn't even show up and you'd hear a voice clear as a bell "THAT'S BECAUSE YOU JUMPED HIM FROM BEHIND!"

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Lesnar in a surprise return I would bet

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

John Cena's gonna win the rumble in 2021

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hell I'd mark for that

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

not from what i can tell

Intruder posted:

Lesnar in a surprise return I would bet

:cripes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Some people thought Daniel Bryan might be winning to setup a Wrestlemania match with Roman Reigns, and it still might happen but he's also lost match after match after match over the last few weeks so :shrug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I mean, it'd all be through video screens anyway but lol they couldn't even have Edge cut this promo in the ring?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One of the worst parts of the COVID-era is somebody at WWE getting to write segments that feel like somebody's lame one-man-play in a community theater production.

Not as bad as the Alexa Bliss fetish bullshit, but still pretty bad!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ah yes lets quote nazi sympathizer Henry Ford.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
What is he Thomas the Tank Engine?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Jiro posted:

Ah yes lets quote nazi sympathizer Henry Ford.

is there anybody from that era that wasn't a nazi sympathizer before they knew what the gently caress was actually up over there that is in the history books from the US? because it seems like they loving all were in 1939-1941.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This match should be Asuka laughing at Alexa and beating her rear end

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

is there anybody from that era that wasn't a nazi sympathizer before they knew what the gently caress was actually up over there that is in the history books from the US? because it seems like they loving all were in 1939-1941.

Not from the US, obviously, but the Nazis sent Tolkien a letter asking if he was Aryan and he basically told them to go gently caress themselves!

J. R. R. Tolkien posted:

25 July 1938 20 Northmoor Road, Oxford

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your letter. I regret that I am not clear as to what you intend by arisch. I am not of Aryan extraction: that is Indo-Iranian; as far as I am aware none of my ancestors spoke Hindustani, Persian, Gypsy, or any related dialects. But if I am to understand that you are enquiring whether I am of Jewish origin, I can only reply that I regret that I appear to have no ancestors of that gifted people. My great-great-grandfather came to England in the eighteenth century from Germany: the main part of my descent is therefore purely English, and I am an English subject — which should be sufficient. I have been accustomed, nonetheless, to regard my German name with pride, and continued to do so throughout the period of the late regrettable war, in which I served in the English army. I cannot, however, forbear to comment that if impertinent and irrelevant inquiries of this sort are to become the rule in matters of literature, then the time is not far distant when a German name will no longer be a source of pride.

Your enquiry is doubtless made in order to comply with the laws of your own country, but that this should be held to apply to the subjects of another state would be improper, even if it had (as it has not) any bearing whatsoever on the merits of my work or its sustainability for publication, of which you appear to have satisfied yourselves without reference to my Abstammung.

I trust you will find this reply satisfactory, and

remain yours faithfully,

J. R. R. Tolkien

Apparently he also wrote a far more "impolite" response but his agent chose to send this one instead.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 26, 2021

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

People embraced nazis because of fears of communism. Thank goodness that'll never happen again

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

All the more reason to try and not quote from a noted antisemitic person like Henry Ford.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Not from the US, obviously, but the Nazis sent Tolkien a letter asking if he was Aryan and he basically told them to go gently caress themselves!

Apparently he also wrote a far more "impolite" response but his agent chose to send this one instead.

I love Tolkien for that so much.

I hate this match though

And also nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Asuka - Punchsport Pagoda's favorite WWE wrestler! - deserves so much better than this.

Oh my loving God I posted that even before the loving rocking horse :cripes: