Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

its hot sauce. it doesnt go bad.

sriracha is one of the few that does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I"m having a real food shartage problem right now please send supplies!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Supreme Allah posted:

:magemage:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol remember when the trend was all sriracha everything? Now it’s like, people gotta think about that sriracha gummy bear ice cream, people gotta think about that sriracha double bock beer, people gotta think about alternate raw oyster condiments. :shrug:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

numberoneposter posted:

Seshjuan is a region in China. Sri Racha is a also known as red rooster sauce in some circles.

thanks wikipedia brown

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Supreme Allah posted:

have you tried keeping it at a rolling boil?

mix some fish sauce and sriracha and u got urself something good to put on your pepperoni pizza

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I pronounce it SEEEEEEEERACHA-CHA-CHA-CHA!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Put it in your eyes, its good for you

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The tapered nozzle is perfect for urethral application of the sriracha product.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I pronounce it SEEEEEEEERACHA-CHA-CHA-CHA!

It’s good to know the revenant of Jimmy Durante enjoys spicy foods.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The tapered nozzle is perfect for urethral application of the sriracha product.
I've built up a tolerance so I just use freshly chopped birds eye chilis in my pp hole.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

its hot sauce. it doesnt go bad.

No foodstuffs keep forever. I had a large opened bottle I kept at room temperature for months. It turned a very dark red and the taste seemed to be affected.

Unrelated, I gave up the stuff a while ago and converted to Frank's RedHot. I actually learnt about the existence of both sauces on GBS (I live in Australia where hot sauces aren't as popular as in the U.S.).

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

You musta got a bad batch. Hot sauce can't go bad, it's your fault somehow. Hot sauce doesn't spoil.

Frank's is really good, best of the easily attainable Louisiana style vinegar based hot sauces imo as well, I'm sure there's some weird one out there thats crazy, but Frank's is good poo poo, nice kick, no as vinigary as Tobasco, I have a huge bottle of the stuff. It's magical on burgers or anything you need to cut the greas.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

You musta got a bad batch. Hot sauce can't go bad, it's your fault somehow. Hot sauce doesn't spoil.

Wrong. It has a "Best before" date.

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit

numberoneposter posted:

Secret Aardwark habanero spoils within months. A bottle of tabasco left at room temperature turns pale and only tastes like vinegar within a year.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

For a nation of total pussies when it comes to spicy food people sure care a lot about this hot sauces

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I'm Canadian. :smug:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
sriracha is slightly more spicy than ketchup

its not hot at all you retards

franks is an extremely good sauce btw.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
but seriously if u dont use sriracha on noods and stirfry why are you so dumb. its perfect for it.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The worst part of liking Sriracha is everyone assumes I will like Sriracha mayo and I do not because mayo is disgusting.

I'll be on the pure Sriracha side.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Liking sriracha is a meme and also performatively not liking Mayo was a meme.

Food-meme-ception.

(Its totally fine to not like mayo)

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
has anyone checked on this guy lately??

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't like sriracha.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Chinatown posted:

but seriously if u dont use sriracha on noods and stirfry why are you so dumb. its perfect for it.

i like sambal for adding to rice, personally, but sriracha in soup, yeah

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

BigBadSteve posted:

No foodstuffs keep forever.

You ever heard of honey, sucka?! CHECKMATE

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

something i have noticed actually tho is that white people go mega overboard on adding sriracha or sambal to pho. pho broth is delicate and well balanced, and adding more than a touch of other flavours just overpowers it. this is basically the sushi/soy sauce argument i guess. i prefer to dunk the meat in a little dish of hot sauce instead of adding it to the broth but i will add a small amount to the broth sometimes, depends on my mood. i've had purists read the loving riot act to me about this topic to which i just roll my eyes and think of my exwifes 72 year old lao father who spent half his life in vietnam gleefully squirting sriracha into his soup.

as long as you don't add sugar to your pho like a northerner :barf:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Thats bee exploitation!!!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

it gets clumpy and won't shoot out of the bear's head. that sounds pretty bad to me

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

I thought this thread was going to be a fight about which sriracha variant was best.

I'm here to inform you that it is extra garlic, the one with, fittingly, the gold top.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Why there got to be another sriracha war. I lost too many loved ones in the first.

Condiments are about love not war. :(

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

AHH F/UGH posted:

vinegar based hot sauces like franks, tapatio, and tabasco are garbage for morons

I don't understand how people use these "hot sauces", it just tasted like vinegar..

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

I got one hot sauce made with apple cider vinegar. :barf: I pretty much use it to add kick to some salad dressings until the bottle runs out.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I just had some nuggets with Sweet Baby Ray's and I know this isn't about BBQ sauce, but that's one of the weirdest food enigmas - that one of the best BBQ sauces is also the cheapest.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Brother Tadger posted:

Same but “Caribbean” El Yucateco

Yo this poo poo is the truth btw I love it.

I keep sriracha and sambal in the fridge at all times just to have around for various things. I don't touch Franks because that poo poo is garbage for idiots. Tastes like Tobasco with corn syrup in it to thicken it or some crap. Nasty. I don't even like it on wings anymore because having it on its own ruined that for me.

Anyway, El Yucateco's Chile Habenero is also good, fluorescent green, too.
Green Tobasco is great for eggs but not much else, it's too mild for a whole lot. I suppose maybe a plain taco wouldn't be bad w/it.

Maçarico Piri Piri is also V good (and a WAY better wing sauce than Franks, drat), but I've only ever gotten it when I've been in lower Ontario so I'm not sure about US and other availability (well and Portugal since that's where it's from). Also great to baste on chicken or fish as you grill them just in general, not just wings.

There. That's fairly definitive and the rest of everyone's opinions are all obviously wrong as usual ofc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I got some local honey/scotch bonnet/habanero hot sauce at a farmers market recently and it’s pretty good. Surprisingly well-balanced: you get just a touch of sweet followed by a nice fruity pepper kick.