Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

MuscaDomestica posted:

You realize that the Pentagon probably has defenses and they covered up the wreckage to stop people from finding out what they used… still took a lot of damage from the plane.
I don't think the existence of SAMs is too secret. They're marketed by corporations and have product pages and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

One of my friends wound up in a restricted area just touristing around on a school trip. Things might have changed, but my summary of the defenses back then was "what defenses?"

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

The Pentagon is right next to an airport. I would be willing to believe that shooting down a commercial flight was not a part of the pre-9/11 gameplan. You'd want to be really goddamn sure before shooting one down and you'd have very little room for error.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Bula Vinaka posted:

There are problems with the Pentagon. No person so far has been able to replicate what happened in a simulator. The lawn was completely untouched. For that to happen, along with the destruction that occurred to the building, the plane would have had to have been flown a few feet off the ground, right up to the point where it hit the building. In addition to that, despite there being a number of video cameras recording the area, only one video has ever been released, which only shows an explosion. No plane is visible. Apparently, government agents raided any gas station or other building in the area that had video cameras recording the area minutes after the crash.

The plane was moving at 850kmh when it impacted the building, there's no way you're going to capture that on a lovely security camera that gets 24fps if you're lucky. It also did hit several lampposts and a generator before impacting the Pentagon. It took less than a second to travel more than 300 feet inside the building, the sheer forces involved literally disintegrated most of the fuselage. But there are photos of what is unmistakably airplane debris on the lawn, bearing the familiar white stroke/red fill text of American Airlines' livery. There are statements from eyewitnesses corroborating that it was an airplane.

Also I'm curious about your first claim about nobody being able to recreate the crash in any flight sim, because it sounds like horseshit. How do you know?

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jan 2, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sincerely, I have questions about the Pentagon attack but I don't doubt that things happened about the way they've been reported. I also haven't cared since like...2008 or something.

There was a brief window in my teenage years where conspiracy thought could have gotten its hooks into me, but I'm ultimately too lazy to get super deep into that nonsense.

I wish it hadn't permanently ruined one of my uncle's brains, though.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
nobody ever talks about the fifth plane

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
I was crashing planes into the wtc before it was cool.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's only 6 days away from 3/11, at the very least it did come original

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
One of my coworkers mused aloud last night that the steel beams must have been sawn through with box cutters.

Cutting through steel with a simple razor would require a sawing motion so intense that it would result in an explosion. And why else can't you take box cutters on planes anymore?

Think about it!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

XYZAB posted:

Nope, three buildings fell down.

And that's the only thing that fucks me up about the official 9/11 narrative is the collapse of Building 7.

the building that was damaged and on fire? weird that it would fall down

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I'm just still mad about that period where you couldn't take nail clippers on planes.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
why did wtc7 fall like a controlled demolition lmaooo

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Hell Yeah posted:

there's so many problems with every single thing in the world that i just sprint through life high on weed without really looking at anything in detail except women's asses.

Thread should have just ended here, tbh.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Nah, that's missing an appreciation for half the world's asses

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
hulk hogan did it

Ive seen the photots

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pimpcasso posted:

hulk hogan did it

Ive seen the photots

Choad Bogan

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I've never seen a "woman's rear end" and I don't know anyone who has either. If they are real, there seems to be very little evidence of them. Make of that what you will

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

GABA ghoul posted:

I've never seen a "woman's rear end" and I don't know anyone who has either. If they are real, there seems to be very little evidence of them. Make of that what you will

I saw a woman's anus once, it looked like poo poo!!!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I saw a woman's anus once, it looked like poo poo!!!

tuyrn on your monitor

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

tuyrn on your monitor

My monitor is your anus!!!

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
where was Peter Daszak on 9/11?

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Bula Vinaka posted:

There are problems with the Pentagon. No person so far has been able to replicate what happened in a simulator. The lawn was completely untouched. For that to happen, along with the destruction that occurred to the building, the plane would have had to have been flown a few feet off the ground, right up to the point where it hit the building. In addition to that, despite there being a number of video cameras recording the area, only one video has ever been released, which only shows an explosion. No plane is visible. Apparently, government agents raided any gas station or other building in the area that had video cameras recording the area minutes after the crash.

Ah, the bog standard loose change video questions.

Love that a students fictional high school project that student author admits is nonsence and he only promoted because a rich nutter gave him a pile of cash is still “evidence”.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Tom holland was a 9/11 baby

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Not only because two planes and none of them hit building 7, but also because every official video about building 7 starts with “this was the first collapse ever of a large freestanding building from fire alone.” One coincidence I can handle (building on second-hand fire), but TWO coincidences (entire structural failure)? It just ticks a box in my head that suggests to me something was going on that day.

But then again the whole day was absolutely without precedent, so logically if I can fully accept the more insane main event, which I find no reason not to, then I can accept smaller events of equal or lesser amounts of unprecedentedness like building 7 collapsing.

And it’s by using critical thinking skills and formal logic like that that this doesn’t bother me.

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
Not unequivocally, but every alternative explanation I've heard is more implausible and I honestly believe that sometimes crazy poo poo just happens because, so I don't doubt it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Edward from Twilight was in a twin tower, the movies told me this

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Gosh, why might the New York's fire department have had trouble resourcing putting out building 7, on that day, September 11th 2001? I'm not a highschool student so I can't deduce this one from pure reason.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

pencilhands posted:

believing in 9/11 being an inside job is like the bud light of conspiracy theories though, plenty of people do and it doesn't make you special at all

Well at least you're comfortable being the basic bitch of the crazy person world.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I went to school with a 9/11 truther. Talking with him genuinely blew my mind. Surreal poo poo.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

the lone gunmen writers did 9/11 to boost their ratings.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Tom holland was a 9/11 baby

conceived in the falling towers or on one of the planes?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

XYZAB posted:

Not only because two planes and none of them hit building 7, but also because every official video about building 7 starts with “this was the first collapse ever of a large freestanding building from fire alone.” One coincidence I can handle (building on second-hand fire), but TWO coincidences (entire structural failure)? It just ticks a box in my head that suggests to me something was going on that day.

But then again the whole day was absolutely without precedent, so logically if I can fully accept the more insane main event, which I find no reason not to, then I can accept smaller events of equal or lesser amounts of unprecedentedness like building 7 collapsing.

And it’s by using critical thinking skills and formal logic like that that this doesn’t bother me.

A skyscraper fell down next to it with jet fuel and fire exploding from the sides. Seems pretty logical to me unless building 7 was a mile away or something?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Buce posted:

conceived in the falling towers or on one of the planes?

Father was in the plane, mother was in the tower. An unholy union

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

XYZAB posted:

I’ll make you feel better right now.

Some insurance company probably had a billion dollar policy on WTC7.

That insurance company was probably examining every piece of dust from ground zero to find the slightest reason to not have to pay out.

Obviously they found nothing.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I’ll make you feel better right now.

Some insurance company probably had a billion dollar policy on WTC7.

That insurance company was probably examining every piece of dust from ground zero to find the slightest reason to not have to pay out.

Obviously they found nothing.

Some nerds already did the math and figured it all out.

https://www.nist.gov/world-trade-center-investigation/study-faqs/wtc-7-investigation

quote:

Why did WTC 7 collapse, while no other known building in history has collapsed due to fires alone?

The collapse of WTC 7 is the first known instance of a tall building brought down primarily by uncontrolled fires. The fires in WTC 7 were similar to those that have occurred in several tall buildings where the automatic sprinklers did not function or were not present. These other buildings, including Philadelphia's One Meridian Plaza, a 38-story skyscraper that burned for 18 hours in 1991, did not collapse due to differences in the design of the structural system (see the answer to Question 9).

Factors contributing to WTC 7's collapse included: the thermal expansion of building elements such as floor beams and girders, which occurred at temperatures hundreds of degrees below those typically considered in current practice for fire-resistance ratings; significant magnification of thermal expansion effects due to the long-span floors in the building; connections between structural elements that were designed to resist the vertical forces of gravity, not the thermally induced horizontal or lateral loads; and an overall structural system not designed to prevent fire-induced progressive collapse.

The debris from WTC 1 caused structural damage to the southwest region of WTC 7—severing seven exterior columns—but this structural damage did not initiate the collapse. The fires initiated by the debris, rather than the structural damage that resulted from the impacts, initiated the building's collapse after the fires grew and spread to the northeast region after several hours.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

XYZAB posted:

Building with uncontrolled fire collapses. News at 11.

So it was the first? Big deal, the WTC was the first to collapse from plane rammage.

This is the goofy “just asking questions” thinking that conspiracy nutters use.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hell Yeah posted:

there's so many problems with every single thing in the world that i just sprint through life high on weed without really looking at anything in detail except women's asses.

I think this needs to be my new custom title.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lowtax orchestrated 9/11 in order to boost account sales

grnx
Sep 9, 2001
That he done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I have to admit I like the way crazies think:

“Object in space? Not instantly identified? ALIENS!!!!!!!”
“Something happens? No clear/incomplete answer? JEWISH SPACE LIZARDS!!!!”

Event/object clearly defined with answer? - Drop discussion immediately with no self awareness when the next object/event appears.