Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I remember when I played this Spirit Temple was where I got legitimately stuck. I did like seeing that random giant Moblin when I finally got into that room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Doesn't the goron mask in Majora's Mask let you punch things?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hi ho, loving the videos. I wanna ask if the full non-edited vids are posted somewhere, as LPs have been my accompaniment for long work days stuck at home recently and just having the commentary is fun.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Gridlocked posted:

Hi ho, loving the videos. I wanna ask if the full non-edited vids are posted somewhere, as LPs have been my accompaniment for long work days stuck at home recently and just having the commentary is fun.

They are not, and honestly I edited out very little anyway. I suppose the non-dungeon parts got chopped down pretty heavily, but I am neither trying to nor interested in doing a full LP of Ocarina.

:siren: Part 11: Ganon's Castle :siren:

It's the grand finale as Piccolo climbs Ganon's Castle and comes face to face with the beast himself.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

I genuinely do not remember the backflip being the way to collect that otherwise untouchable silver rupee in the fire room.

When MQ first came out, I was 100% convinced that the fire room was bugged and unsolveable because that rupee couldn't be collected, and for quite a while my MQ playthroughs would just end there. The general design sensibility etc was such that I assumed it just slipped past QA and the game couldn't actually be finished. (How much playtesting does anyone actually think Master Quest got? I don't think my younger self was crazy to have thought this.)

That said, this is some Mandela effect bullshit, because I could've sworn the way I eventually got through was by ignoring that rupee entirely and collecting another one elsewhere in the room. (On the other hand, I also wouldn't be surprised if there was some glitchy hitbox that let you collect it another way...) I was entirely prepared to go on a rant about how the "fake" rupee is completely indistinguishable from the real ones and this is bad design even by MQ standards... turns out I have no idea what the gently caress I'm talking about.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thank you for playing a game so we don't have to.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kaiju Linkopop really was the perfect finale for Maeter Quest :suspense:

Anyway, thanks for going through it all. The extra stuff with the emulator was a ton of fun, but it was also really interesting to see how differently I view it now, compared to my original view of just being happy to have more 3D Zelda stood.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Ganondorf is definitely Garlic Jr. is what I'm getting from this video.

"Tiny girlfriend, you are small like child. Please, have some 7 year old Lon Lon milk. It will make you grow like tree."

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
E: Stream's over.

Artix fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Well it's been fun (although Gold Quest sure wasn't) but it's time to put this one to bed.

Keep an eye on FP's channel, nonzero chance we start up Hidden Palace or whatever that new Ocarina hack is real soon.