Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Sylvestre
Townsfolk
Coins: 0
Bruises: 1
Companions: :derptiel: Maisy Duck :coolbird: Mr. Spearron
:rip::parrot: Sweety Purd urd:rip:
Map: Aviary Aggressions 94 > 99 /160
code:
Work the Land- 1 Action - Gain 1d4 coins while at the Tavern
Experienced- Take 2 Actions/Turn while Questing - Not available in the Tavern.
Maelstrom- Your crit range increases to 18-20.
Sweety Purd, no! Why? Why did I drag you by talon and beak into this place? Saving others is not worth the death of my first ever friend! Maisy Duck, Mister Spearron, let us fly this place and wet our beaks in Sweety's name. And whatever we find will pay

Fly fly away: 1d20+1+2 5

Monster?!: 1d20 19

Blindly divebomb in vengeance: 1d20+1+2 15

Slaan fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

NINJER
2. Take 10 - Instead of rolling a d20, the Player can choose to use 10 as the final value of their Check.
11. Mentor's Blessing - Lower the DC to Brawl by 2
19. Water Gun Flower - Give Disadvantage to your Opponent in a Contest. Notify the Opponent. Spoiler this skill.
Bruises: 4
Companions: 1
Coins: 10

Ninjer stamped back into the inn, waving his money beneath the nose of the local healer. With a sneer, he spat:
"Deal with this." Buy a Blessing; -3 Coins, Bruises and Contest Penalty Removed

And with a wave of their hand, the injury sustained in the Contest with Saikret vanished. Now, onto the true battle. Drawing out a silk glove from his grime-smeared yukata, he slapped several people in the face in a row, starting a rip-roaring brawl.
"You dare face me!? Scoundrels!"

Brawl + Pay 1: 1d20 6; -1 Coin, +1 Bruise
Bruise 1: 1d20 10

"Argh!"

Brawl + Pay 2: 1d20 17; -1 Coin, +1 Skill
Skill: 1d20 6 - Gained Keen Sight - Spot a Boss' weakness without rolling
"Heh!"

Brawl + Pay 3: 1d20 6; -1 Coin, +1 Bruise
Bruise 2: 1d20 16

"ARgh!"

Brawl + Pay 4: 1d20 19; -1 Coin, +1 Skill
Skill: 1d20 9 - Gained Muscle Memory - Earn double Contest Bonuses
"Heh!"

Brawl + Pay 5: 1d20 9; -1 Coin, +1 Bruise
Bruise 3: 1d20 11

"Argh!"

Brawl + Pay 6: 1d20 3; -1 Coin, +1 Bruise
Bruise 4: 1d20 10

"Argh!"

Brawl + Pay 7: 1d20 8; -1 Coin, +1 Bruise
Bruise 5: 1d20 15

"Hey!"

Brawl: 1d20 16
Skill: 1d20 18 - Gained Gun Show Tickets - Gain Advantage while in a Contest. Notify the Opponent. Spoiler this skill.
"Heh! Well, enough of you lot. I have better things to do." Spitting blood, he waddled off stiffly, allowing his single remaining attendant to clean up the broken chairs and teeth.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Bruises: 4+1=5
Drinks: 2

Skills:
2 - Take 10
3 - Fancy Footwork (2 Acts Tavern)
5 - Good looking (-2 Flirt DC)
10 - Shield Scroll (Negate Injury then discard)

Companions:

The Wandering Mage posted:

Since you technically missed out on an extra action, you get another one next turn.

"Feisty crowd this morning. Stand ready, companions, we're going to have to fight our way out!"

Brawl: 1d20 8 +1 Bruise
bruise check DC10: 1d20 4 +1 injury. Shield scroll kicks in, injury negated!

"After the rough and tumble of civilisation, it'll be nice to get into the peaceful swing of a dungeon spelunk. Now, birds of a feather flock together, so let's go help out at the Aviary Aggressions!"

Dungeon Exploration: The Aviary Aggressions

Take 10 in support of Sylvestre, shaving off a sixteenth of the Aviary. 109/160

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 15, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Companions: 4 + 3 Temporary - 1 Temporary
Exploration - Cobalt Cult Hideout = 1+7=8, 9+7=16

Stabdee and friends burst into the dungeon, all a-ready to start tearing it down, when a swinging mace trap suddenly swung towards one of the lowly porters and took their head clean off. And in the very next breath, a random Monster suddenly jumped out to attack them, undoubtedly to prevent her from taking her spoils, being met with a snarl from Stabdee.

Monster Attack = 6

Oh, it was a bunch of dumbass Goblins again. What were Goblins doing here? Well, Stabdee wouldn't object to killing some more of those before she left! She gripped her dagger as she glared at them. The bounty off their heads would make for a nice prize, make up for her lost porter.

Exploration Target - 24/20 (Temporarily on hold for combat)

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 15, 2024

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Skills: Good Looking (-2 DC Flirt), Muscle Memory (Contest win = +2 up to 4)
Actions: 0
Coins: 28
Companions: +++

"Oh god, my head. What are we doing up this early after a bender?"
"I heard Stabdee found herself an easy score, gotta be an early bird if you want in on it."
"Uuuugh..."

Lug gently carried Mustelady and Magadda across his shoulders while the other two Ladies bickered and peered down the emptied doorways of the Cobalt Cult Hideout.

"Think I hear fighting over there."
"Nice, then we go down the other way aaaand... poo poo!"

Action: Explore CCH: 1d20+4 12 Monster appears!

Monster roll: 1d20 4 - New monster!

Lug blinked at the whatever as it appeared, and seeing he had no ready hands, simply brought his massive forehead forwards.

THUNK the monster: 1d20+4 9

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[1>2>1>0 Coins][2 Companion(s)][4>5 Bruises]
[Action][1C>2C]Work The Land: 1d4 1
[freeAction][2C>1C]Enter Brawl (Pay for Damages): 1d20 4
Bruise Injury Check: 1d20 11
Oof. Ouch. Yikes. Close call.
[freeAction][1C>0C]Enter Brawl (Pay for Damages): 1d20 15
New Skill?: 1d20 17

The Geezer just kept diving into the fray. Again. and Again.
...Honestly it was getting a little worrying for the regulars? Geezer had barely ranted in a while now.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Tower
Townsfolk
Coins: 9 -> 17 -> 14
Bruises: 2 -> 0

("Lookit all that money!")
("Nothing can stop Mr. Tower! Not even that person over there!")

Brawl w/ advantage: 2d20k1 18
New skill: 1d20 14

("It's all coming together, fellas! Let's rest up.")

Paying three coins for a blessing. Bruises set to 0.

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~ UPDATE ~

---------Tavern--------

Betty, looking over The Geezer: "Hey there, bud. You're looking rough. You should take it easy a bit. You know what? We've started offering warm baths. Maybe you need to ease the tension in those muscles a bit? Get yourself in a better place, you know?"

She waves to Ninjer's attendant as well, who stoically watches over his master rather than responding.

***Services Update!***
The Inn side of the Valorous Vagrant is no longer a pest-infested dung heap, and is now offering new services alongside being fit for habitation! The following services are now offered:
  • Bath: Lower Brawl DC by 2 - 3 Coins (free action) - Only applies for 1 Turn in the Tavern
  • Laundry: Lower Flirt DC by 2 - 3 Coins (free action) - Only applies for 1 Turn in the Tavern
  • Room Rental: Gain the effects of Bath, Laundry, and 1 Meal/Turn - 20 Coins - Applies for 3 Turns at the Tavern. The turns do not need to be consecutive.
Additionally, the Kitchen has expanded its efforts into culinary perfection. You can now purchase the following:
  • Gourmet Meal: Gain the effects of Meal - 3 Coins - Advantage is lost after using 2 Brawl Actions
These will be added to the General Rules on page 1.

Marcel: "Friar Paunch, zee first of your Bouchées. Bon Appétite!"

Friar Paunch: "Marcel, I am in awe! To think, I could have eaten this well for so long! You have been holding out on me!"

Marcel: "Mais Non, Monsieur, it is only possible due to my new staff. The recette is an invention of my Son during his time in the City."

Friar Paunch: "And here I thought I was the only one who could bestow a blessing!"

: Ho ho ho ho ho / Hon hon hon hon hon

Saikrit Baus gains a Companion by Flirting!

Saikrit Baus gains three Temporary Companions.

Friar Paunch: "Ah, a long time coming! Go in peace, my s- oh. Oh, you're just going to go into battle again eh? Oh. Watch out for the flying chair! poo poo. Oh, no really, you should stay down. Oh. Ouch."

Ninjer is Blessed, and loses all penalties. But, oops, he made some more.

Ninjer gains multiple skills while Brawling! - "Keen Sight", "Muscle Memory", and a Spoilered Skill!

Hawkins nearly gets an Injury while Brawling! But his Shield Scroll Skill activated to prevent it, and has now scarpered.

The Geezer gains a new Spoilered Skill!

Mr. Tower gains a new Skill through brawling. - "What's in this Room"

Friar Paunch, grunting and perspiring: "My...goodness. My son, I apologize, it's taking much more power than usual to bless you...it's almost as if you have a tripartite soul! Imagine that!"

Mr. Tower is Blessed, and loses all penalties.

--------Questing--------

Sylvestre, Hawkins - The Aviary Aggressions - 109/160 - 2 Monsters

Sylvestre's party flew around the corner and found their way split in three. There were three doors there - three paths to choose from. A menacing stone statue stood protectively overlooking each.

Gargoyles
HP: ?
Damage Range: ?
Special: You arrive at a crossroads. Three stone statues look down at you from their perches on pillars next to the path. The first says that their path leads to the Tavern. The second says that their path leads to the midpoint of another dungeon. The third says that their path leads to your death. You may choose a path or roll 1d3 and let fate choose for you. This choice is a free action.
Note: Simply provide your choice in your next post and we'll do a mini-update for your character. Depending on your decision above your second action (attack roll) may be used in the mini update. Otherwise, you will have an extra action on your next turn, if applicable.

Hawkins shows up at the entrance of the Dungeon and casually makes his way with his party up to the point where it appeared Sylvestre had completed exploration. That was odd. Besides the rotisserie-style companion, it appeared that Sylvester and his entourage had flown the coop!

Saikrit Baus - Tomegarden of Arkay - 18/110
Just a reminder that you apply your companion bonuses and your contest bonuses to Dungeon exploration rolls.

Saikrit Baus strides out into the fields beyond the edge of town, seeking out the location shown on his map. He feels, sometimes, that he could tread the paths there blindfolded. Eventually, under the looming presence of a high mountain, he finds his way into a ruined and haunted castle town. But the treasures of the castle itself did not appeal to him. He instead sought out the grand, stoic building that stood apart from the rest of the dwellings and military installations. On a small hillock stood a Library, known as the Tomegarden of Arkay. Within, a dark presence emanated - bound by ancient forces, true enough, but still seeping into the world like venom slowly pumped into the veins of a hapless victim.

Seemed like a great place for a treasure hunt!

Stabdee, Lug Thunkhard - Cobalt Cult Hideout - Completed!

Stabdee: Get in, get out with the loot. Seems easy right? Maybe you lose a party member to a hideous machine of death - that's just business - but seriously, it really is just that easy, right??? Well, sure it is, if every monster in the area doesn't have the exact same idea as you! A pack of Goblins shows up just before Stabdee's crew could make good their escape!

Goblins
HP: 15
Damage Range: 1-11
Special: On a roll on the die between 1-5 - a Goblin Appears!

Lug Thunkhard: This was literally going to be the easiest thing. You clean up whatever Stabdee's party left behind. In and out. Easy. Simple.

And then a Giant showed up.

Giant
HP: 30
Damage Range: 1-14
Special: If you have no companions with you, you can leave combat with the Giant. If you do this while you are Monster Hunting, you can return to the Tavern without gaining Treasure. If you do this while in a dungeon, return to dungeon exploration, and do not claim this monster's bounty.

The Wandering Mage fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 16, 2024

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sylvestre
Townsfolk
Map: Aviary Aggressions 109 /160
code:
Fate be my nestmate: 1d3 3

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Bruises: 5

Skills:
2 - Take 10

Companions:

"Curious. It seems like Sylvestre made it this far. Let's press on, see if we can catch up or find out what happened."

Take 10 to delve into the mystery absence shaving off a sixteenth of the Aviary. 119/160

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Companions: 4 + 2 Temporary

Stabdee glared at the goblins as they chattered in front of her. They were here to steal the loot too, huh? They were here to steal all the coin that she would have hard-earned, get in her way? And they were plain irritating goblins to boot.. Stabdee was getting so sick of goblins. The leader sighed, holding her dagger aloft and gesturing for her party to stay back as she got to work.

Combat - Cobalt Cult Hideout 1d20+6 = 19

In a flash of screaming, sobbing and stabbing, the hole-filled goblins ended up piled up in a broken, dead heap, Stabdee letting out a victorious exhale as she wiped the blood and guts off her dagger. She turned back to her companions with an unhinged grin on her face.

"Well, that interruption is out of the way! And I do believe I hear the sounds of fighting from the other direction. I bet it must be those greedy gals, piling in after us to get in on the looting. While they're tangled up on that, let's strip this place bare! Oh and get those goblin heads too, for our bounty."

As the party hurriedly followed her orders after a fierce glare, Stabdee loudly called out to the other adventurers that went in after her.

"Good luck with your fight, suckers! Try not to stick around for the cultists to come back! I'll leave some crappy vases for you to fence! Stabdee always gets her loot first and best, mark my words!"

Boss Roll = 14 (No Boss)

Combat Complete! Cobalt Cult Hideout Conquered! Looting! (Map Bonus)
20 Initial Coins
Stabdee Roll
+ 4 Companions + 2 Porters (Temp Companions)
+ 1 Monster Bounty

Total Loot = 77 Coins

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 16, 2024

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~Interstitial Update~

The statues groan and creak and begin to move as you stride through the third door. Sylvestre finds himself on a path wending its way through an old, but not unpleasant copse of trees. Distantly, you can see what appears to be a pleasant looking castle, sitting cheerily atop a craggy hillside. But your attention turns quickly from your surroundings to the path behind you, which begins to twist and writhe as a cold stone doorway appears there, crossing the path, with blackness beyond it. The three stone statues come flying out of it, writhing and screaming. They are, all three of them, Gargoyles. Stone made flesh! And they are coming for your meat.

- - - - - - BOSS BATTLE - - - - - -

1. 2. 3.
Three Gargoyles
Max Players = 1
HP1: 85/100 (30) HP2: 100(30) HP3: 100(30)
Damage Range: 1-17
Spot DC: 16
Special: The Skill "Run Like Hell" is Disabled for this Battle, as the Gargoyles can fly faster than you can run (or, fly, in this case).

You attack the first of these monsters with your Blind Divebomb attack, taking the first of them by surprise. But that will be the last time you manage a manoeuvre like that.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sylvestre
Townsfolk
code:

Dear bird?: 1d20+1+2 7

Deader bird?: 1d20+1+1 15

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Coins: 28

"Kick him in the shin, kick him in the shin!"

In a panic, Lug discarded the two ladies he was carrying and as the giant reared up on one foot to kick, he took a run at the other and kicked so hard he felt a toe stub itself.

THUNK the Giant: 1d20+4 23

Gratifyingly that did it, and the big fellow yowled and overbalanced, falling backwards and hitting his head. Piratica was already busily moving for the armpits, wicked long daggers in hand and a crueller grin on her mug. Now this was worth waking up early for!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Coins: 4
Companions: 4
Hired Mercenaries: 3
Maps: 1 (Tomegarden of Arkay the Vile)
Keen Sight - Spot a Boss' weakness without rolling. - 1 Action.

Tomegarden of Arkay (18/110)

Mr. De Crepit, Mr. Skel Ington, Mrs. Bones and Miss. Ligamenté crept through the tomegarden with stilted, bone-rattling speed, followed a short time after by Saikrit and his three rough-looking fellow-me-lads that certainly looked like they might once have been mercenaries. What they were now was anyone's guess.

Explore the Tomegarden of Arkay: 1d20+1+4+3 20

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Tower
Townsfolk
Skills: Work The Land, What's In This Room?
Coins: 14 -> 4 -> 1 -> 0
Bruises: 0

("Check it out, guys! I bought us a Treasure Map!")
("Jimmy! That's almost all our money!")
("Treasure is more money! And Mr. Ducoin says this map's the best one he's ever sold, and, it points to Dougie's old treehouse!")
("I remember Dougie. Big, stupid grin. He had all the toys he wanted, then his family moved to the city.")
("Yeah! This'll be so much money, we could afford to be our own Mr. Tower each!")
("OK, but we're not going into that treehouse alone. Let's hire a bodyguard.")
("Uh... we're one coin short of a Hired Hand, Al.")
("Drat! OK, they've just opened the Laundry, so we'll wash our coat, force down one of those sour drinks again, and see if Ms. Rober's changed her mind about us.")
("That is all our money, Al. You sure?")
("Treasure is more money, Jimmy.")

Buying a What's In The Room?-enhanced Treasure Map for Dougie's Old Treehouse, using the Laundry, buying a drink, flirting.
Dougie's Old Treehouse Exploration Target: (1d20)*10 110
Flirting after Laundry and Drink (adv, DC11): 2d20k1 9 Drat!

("Nothing else we can do, guys.")
("Very well, alone!")
("Oh dear oh dear.")

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[0 Coins][2 Companion(s)][5 Bruises]
The Geezer was in a mood today.
Geezer had quite enough of this freeform brawling of whatever hooligans drew their ire, and wanted something more Substantial.
They kicked open the tavern door, had their lackeys dust off the old Huntin Kit, and set off for Adventure.

-----
[Questing Time!][2 Questin Actions]
[Action]Find A Monster (DC 10): 1d20+2 4
Geezer nearly had a bad fall, but a Lackey cushioned the worst of it.
But the Geezer wasn't going to call it quits just yet, still had some YOUTHFUL VIGOR in their old bones.

[Action]Find A Monster (DC 10): 1d20+2 22
What Monster?: 1d20 8
"-proving that gumption'n grit overpowers adversity so long as you, uh. hruh."
"what, uh. what am I lookin at here"
-Lackeys Shrug-
"seen a lot of monsters in my day, but not a..."
The Geezer fumbles, lookin for an adjective.
They don't find one.

"..thing? its a Thing, and It Ain't Right."

Group chat done, the Geezer (and lackeys) got ready for the upcoming fight.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

NINJER
2. Take 10 - Instead of rolling a d20, the Player can choose to use 10 as the final value of their Check.
6.Keen Sight - Spot a Boss' weakness without rolling
9. Muscle Memory - Earn double Contest Bonuses
18. Gun Show Tickets - Gain Advantage while in a Contest. Notify the Opponent. Spoiler this skill.[
19. Water Gun Flower - Give Disadvantage to your Opponent in a Contest. Notify the Opponent. Spoiler this skill.
Companions: 1

Ninjer held out his blood-sodden handkerchief to his left-most attendant and was bemused to find them dead by vampire some hours ago. Frowning, he drew out a clean set of attendant vestments and wandered around the bar, holding them up against patrons of approximately appropriate size. Finding one, he tossed them the clothes.

"Yes, you'll do. You're hired. Hold my kerchief."
Flirt: 1d20 18

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~ UPDATE ~

---------Tavern--------

Guy, his attention elsewhere: "Oh, hmm. I forgot about them. Well, what can you do."

Betty, stopping by: "Did you need anything else? I'm on my way to the kitchens."

Guy: "What? Oh, no, nothing for me, Betty. I'm just reminiscing about a few old acquaintances is all. Old timers, you know. I'm fine here with my wine, thank you."

Betty: "Alright, Mr. Ducoin, you just let us know."

Betty: "Well, now, don't you just look spiffy in your nice clean clothes!"

Mr. Tower strikes out while Flirting. Next time!

Ninjer gains a Companion by Flirting.

Guy, thinking to himself: "Dougie...Dougie...oh, yes. Oh. He set up...in that tree, eh? Very good. Yes, excellent."

Mr. Tower gains a Treasure Map!

--------Questing--------

Hawkins - The Aviary Aggressions - 119/160

Hawkins shows up at the entrance of the Dungeon and casually makes his way with his party up to the point where it appeared Sylvestre had completed exploration. That was odd. Besides the rotisserie-style companion, it appeared that Sylvester and his entourage had flown the coop!

Saikrit Baus - Tomegarden of Arkay - 38/110

The Tomegarden was still, and quiet, but there were signs of activity scattered all around. It made perfect sense for monsters to take up residence in the derelict buildings of the town...but which ones would be a mystery until Saikrit's troupe happens to stumble across one.

Stabdee, Lug Thunkhard - Cobalt Cult Hideout - Completed!

Stabdee: The Goblins were child's play to Stabdee. A vicious bloodbath and a busy exploration of the hideout's treasure trove later, and her party was on the road back to Town, hired hands groaning under the weight of their spoils. "drat it, why'd Marty have to go and die?" They whispered to one-another as they avoided the eye of the party leader. "This junk sure is heavy!"

Guy Ducoin meets them at the boarders of the town once again, taking the bloody bits of goblin in exchange for coins.
Guy: "Market rate for Goblins seems a bit excessive, I know, but beggars can't be choosers..."

Lug Thunkhard: Lug's attack was simple and effective, but even a felled Giant is dangerous. Every thrash had the potential of leaving a smear on the earth where a person used to be...

Giant
HP: 7/30
Damage Range: 1-14
Special: If you have no companions with you, you can leave combat with the Giant. If you do this while you are Monster Hunting, you can return to the Tavern without gaining Treasure. If you do this while in a dungeon, return to dungeon exploration, and do not claim this monster's bounty.

The Geezer - Monster Hunting

Wandering out into the highlands of the plains, with its scenic rolling hillsides, The Geezer's troupe finds itself on the borders of a small Goblin settlement. Daringly, (or stubbornly, some might say), he strides into camp and is soon face to face with their leader! A nasty little Goblin Chief! The Goblin Chief whistles for backup - and here they come! Goblins pour out of the dwellings nearby!

1. 2.

1. Goblin Chief
HP: 10/10
Damage Range: 1-9
Special: When the Goblin Chief appears, Goblins Appear!

2. Goblins
HP: 15/15
Note: When battling multiple monsters, specify the monster you are attacking with your attack. You will suffer the Damage Range of the highest Damage Range creature in the battle on your attack. You will only suffer the Special of the Monster that you are attacking with your attack.

Sylvestre
It was looking bleak. Sylvestre's party members were quickly taken out in their desperate attacks against the lead Gargoyle. While it did seem to take some damage, it barely slowed the monster down, and the Gargoyle came whistling through the sky for Sylvestre, its cackling sounding like the screech of the grindstone.

1. 2. 3.
Three Gargoyles
HP1: 63/100 (30) HP2: 100 (30) HP3: 100(30)
Spot Weakpoint DC: 16
Special: The Skill "Run Like Hell" is Disabled for this Battle, as the Gargoyles can fly faster than you can run (or, fly, in this case).

Quick reminder that you can opt to attempt to spot the gargoyle's weakpoint as your action - though you still suffer the consequences of the Damage Range while you do so...

The Wandering Mage fucked around with this message at 19:05 on May 17, 2024

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Tower
Townsfolk
Drinks: 1

"First things first. What street did Dougie live on?"
"At least with no other adults around, we can relax our silhouette a little."
"Yeah, I remember now. Next right and we'll be there."

Exploring Dougie's Old Treehouse: 1d20 8
What enemy?: 1d20 1

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk

Tomegarden of Arkay (38/110)

"Saye what you wille about hise choice of litterature, but Arkay really knew how to organize his tomes. Say, whats that over there? Lookes like some sorte of shambling..."

Explore the Tomegarden of Arkay: 1d20+1+4+3 = 13

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Coins: 28 -> 66

"Okay, well done Lug! Now, whatever you do, don’t go near the Giant while Piratica is digging in."

Lug wisely stepped back while Mustelady and Magadda climbed awkwardly to their feet, clutching their heads and Miss Coiffure shooed them all away from the literal pirate bloodbath. EVENTUALLY the screaming died (literally), and a shanty-humming blood-soaked pirate rejoined the party, carrying some grisly trophies.

THUNK the Giant - again: 1d20+4 21 - dead giant!

"Good scrarrp, Lug! Miss Coiffure too farrncy gettin’ her narrils broke arrgainst the big bois, so nice of yarr to bring them down for me. Now, on to trearrsure!"

Cobalt Cult Hideout + Giant treasure: 8d6+10 38

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Skills:
2 - Take 10

Companions:

“The mystery thickens. We’ll have to go deeper, no way out but in. I’d say be on your guard but this place is silent as a tomb. Which, considering it’s an aviary, is worrying.”

Take 10 to delve into the mystery absence, shaving off a sixteenth of the Aviary. 129/160

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Coins: 77 -8
Bruises: 1 +1

Idle Time - Valorous Vagrant

Stabdee kicked open the door of the Valorous Vagrant once more, her heavy coinpurse attracting the eyes of all in the place. Her party followed in shortly after. Stabdee strolled confidently up to the counter and thunked a few coins down.

"Oy, get us something big and gourmet to eat, Marcel. I'm back, tired, and hungry!"
Buy Gourmet Meal (Free Action) -3 Coins

She wandered over to the jolly smiley-faced hooded man named Guy as well, paying up for another nice map for future looting. She also leaned in to whisper to him secretly.
"You're one of the only people here that ain't a complete mug, you are. Keep it up, smiley pal, you got ol' Stabdee's approval. Let me know if you ever got any dirty, profitable work for us."
Buy Map - Sinterklaas's Workshop (Free Action) -4 Coins

She then turned around and flipped a coin to the counter, and hopped right in for a brawl, her fists aching for a fight.
Brawl and Pay for Damage (Free Action) -1 Coin 2#1d20= 13, 10
Bruise = 7 +1 Bruise

After getting rebuffed, she let out an angry snarl, before diving right back in for a round two of brawling.
Brawl Without Paying 2#1d20= 19,6
Skill Roll 1d20=11
Mentor's Blessing Skill Get!

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 17, 2024

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sylvestre
Townsfolk
Companions:
:rip::parrot: Sweety PurD :derptiel: Maisy Duck :coolbird: Mr. Spearron :rip:
code:
The crow calls. It is time. The Reaper Of Birds comes for all.

Sing, sing your heart out Sylvestre! Let the world know what to learned, so that the Reaper of Lunks is delayed one more day!

Sense weakness: 1d20+1 11

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[0 Coins][2 Companion(s)][5 Bruises]
"...ooooh, that's what it is. I can work with that."
The Geezer locked eyes with the Goblin Chief, and drew their cane...
...only to hand it to a Lackey, as they assumed.

The Goblin.

Dance.

A traditional goblin-dominace rite of Wit and Guile, Boasting and Skullduggery.
A sight as terrible to behold as it is glorious.
And though the goblins looked shocked, the duel begun.

The Geezer and Chief charged past one another...
Fight the Goblin Chief: 1d20+2 18
Goblin Chief: Pulp'd
...only for the Geezer to raise the Chiefs crown.
What could the Chief do but kneel in shame, when humbled so?
Which left the rest of the goblins to deal with.
Fight the Goblins: 1d20+2 12
Goblin pockets were picked, wallets pilfered, and weapons plundered left and right...
...Except for one now-crownless goblin, still proud, seeking to regain their trophy from the Geezers noggin.
Well. They could certainly try.

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~ UPDATE ~

---------Tavern--------

Betty "It's a little strange, isn't it? The disappearances, I mean."

Friar Pauch "Slightly out of the ordinary, I admit, but with these adventurers coming and going, it's not too surprising that a few hapless folk would dabble in the pass-time themselves, and pay the price. I would pay it no mind, Betty."

Betty "I'm sure you're right. No one else seems to be too concerned."

Friar Pauch "They might also be in a particularly large dungeon out there. Well, now, I remember the time -."

Betty "Oh, look, Gill is calling me!"

Marcel: "Mademoiselle Stabdee, I have prepared for you a delicious menu of petits plats, which we will complete with a beautiful Trifle, for I have heard that for you, zee adventure, it is trifling! Hon hon hon!"

Stabdee gains a Skill by Brawling: - "Mentor's Blessing"

Guy: "There is your map, but, ah, Ms. Stabdee, a moment more of your time. I happen to have another item for sale. These are rare items, indeed, but I can see you can pay the price..."

Guy displays a Boss Monster Key - Automatically unlocks a Boss Monster when completing a Dungeon - 50 Coins- (free action) - Consumed when used.

Stabdee gains a Treasure Map!

--------Questing--------

Hawkins - The Aviary Aggressions - 129/160

Hawkins a careful examination of the floors beyond the mysterious disappearance has brought Hawkins' party no closer to a conclusion. They remained carefully committed to their quiet course through the dungeon, despite this worrying development.

Saikrit Baus - Tomegarden of Arkay - 51/110

The Tomegarden erupted in a sudden flurry of activity as a Troll rounded the corner of a bookstack and, seeing the adventuring party, roared in a display of dominance. Heedlessly shoving a tower of books aside, it rushed to engage Saikrit's party!

Troll
HP: 20
Special: On a roll of a 1, 3, or 7 on the die, the Troll Regenerates 5 Health (up to its HP Max).

Lug Thunkhard - Cobalt Cult Hideout - Completed!

After successfully dispatching the Giant, Lug's party made its way back to town, pockets loaded with loot. When they arrived, Guy casually asked if they could lend him their ear for a moment, and happily accepted the Giant Ear from Lug in exchange for some coins.

Mr. Tower - Dougie's Old Treehouse - 8/110

Mr. Tower strolled out into the forest behind Dougie's house, making their way through old paths to a grand old tree. In its branches stood a magnificent structure, likely made by the Elves in an ancient age, tiered with dangerous swinging bridges between levels and rope ladders hanging out over free, empty air. Dougie had called "Dibs" upon it early in life, refusing anyone to enter but his greatest friends, and it had grown in the mind(s) of Mr. Tower as a place of wonder and mystery.

They immediately ran into a Giant Ant at the base of the tree, before they could even step up onto the spiralling stair driven into the tree trunk.

Giant Ant
HP: 11/11
Damage Range: 1-7
Special: The first time your roll on the die is a 10 or above, the Giant Ant Burrows to dodge the damage! DC 9 Check to spot it next turn, otherwise take 1 Death Penalty!

The Geezer - Monster Hunting - 1 Defeated!

The Rite of Goblin Supremacy was extremely effective. All at once, the powers of the Goblin Chief fell to nothing, as his dominion passed to the Crotchety-Old-Git. However, this was the ultimate Goblin taboo - and they fell upon The Geezer at once - only to be utterly decimated. Bitterly, the former goblin leader, now simply one of his Goblins, rose to throw his life into the battle for dominance one last time.

Goblins
HP: 3/15

Sylvestre
The Gargoyles flitted and spun around Sylvestre, taunting with their hideous laughter. He desperately tried to get a feel for their movements, understand where the chinks in their stone skin might be - but his distraction cost him, as a raking stone claw slashed his back and opened an enormous wound that made flying difficult. He was forced to land, as the gargoyles circled above him, landing all around him, enclosing him in a deadly triangle of doom.

Sylvestre takes 1 Injury!

1. 2. 3.
Three Gargoyles
HP1: 63/100 (30) HP2: 100 (30) HP3: 100(30)
Spot Weakpoint DC: 16

The Wandering Mage fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 21, 2024

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Coins: 0>31

Skills:
2 - Take 10

Companions:

“They’re just not here. Going to be quite the tale if they’re waiting back at the tavern. Going to be a darker one if they aren’t.”

Take 10 to shrug and dungeoneer, shaving off a sixteenth of the Aviary. 139/160

Dog Kisser posted:

Ninjer strode into the aviary, thumbs looped into his belt, and shoved his way past Hawkins as he passed.
"Heh, looks like I beat you to it, chicken."

"Indubitably so, my good fellow, indubitably so. To the victor, the spoils and all that."

Loot, Aviary Aggressions: 6d6+10 31

Hawkins duly put on a show of congratulatory back-patting into the treasure room, trusting his shrewd companions to ensure a slightly better pile of shiny things for their own haul.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 21, 2024

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk

Tomegarden of Arkay (51/110)

"A Trolle! Kvick, surround it, subdue it and steal its bones before it regenerates!"

Kill a Troll: 1d20+1+4+3 26

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

NINJER
6.Keen Sight - Spot a Boss' weakness without rolling
9. Muscle Memory - Earn double Contest Bonuses
18. Gun Show Tickets - Gain Advantage while in a Contest. Notify the Opponent. Spoiler this skill.[
Companions: 2

Ninjer strode into the aviary, thumbs looped into his belt, and shoved his way past Hawkins as he passed.
"Heh, looks like I beat you to it, chicken."

Dungeon Exploration: The Aviary Aggressions: 1d20+2 21 - Aviary Complete
Dungeon Exploration: Boss Battle?: 1d20 17 - Boss Found
Dungeon Exploration: Treasure: 4d6+10 30 Coins Gained

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 21, 2024

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sylvestre
Townsfolk
Injury: 1 > 2
Companions:
:rip::parrot: Sweety PurD :derptiel: Maisy Duck :coolbird: Mr. Spearron :rip:
code:
And so Sylvestre joins his family amongst the wind. The murder of crows is completed.

Sense weakness: 1d20+1 9

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk
Coins: 66

"But - parrtying! I - we - killed a giarrnt!"

"You know the rule, loot before liquor, Piratica, and Hawkins has been at it again following in the footsteps off those reckless birdies. Off we go!"

Lug barely had time to pass off the giant's stinky ear to the nice robed gentleman guy before the Ladies pulled him off again yelling something about not being late for the gold rush at the Aviary. Wasn't that the place Sylvestre had headed? Maybe he'd see him in there.

"Watch out, Lug!"

Or maybe they'd run into another dangerous monster while ascending unlooted platforms. Oh fuddlestucks!

Explore The Aviary Aggressions: 1d20+4 13 - Monster!

Monster roll: 1d20 7 - New monster!

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Coins: 70 -20 Coins
Bruises: 2 +1

Stabdee glanced at the boss monster key, letting out a little hmming noise as she appraised it, then shaking her head.

"Not now, but maybe next time, smiley lad. Perhaps more bosses will be out soon, though!"

With that done, the scowling leader went to buy a couple meals and get brawling her heart out, fists at the ready.

Brawl And Pay for Damage (Free Action) -1 Coin 2#1d20 = 18, 8
Skill Roll 1d20=11, Already Have, Reroll
Skill Re-roll 1d20=17, New Skill Get!
Brawl And Pay For Damage (Free Action) - 1 Coin 2#1d20= 16, 14
Skill Roll 1d20=13, New Skill Get!
Buy Gourmet Meal (Free Action) - 3 Coins
Brawl And Pay for Damage (Free Action) -1 Coin 2#1d20=15, 2
Skill Roll 1d20=19, New Skill Get!
Brawl and Pay For Damage (Free Action) -1 Coin 2#1d20=2, 12
Bruises 1d20=14
Brawl And Pay For Damage (Free Action) -1 Coin 2#1d20=17, 2
Skill Roll 1d20=20, New Skill Get!
Brawl and Pay For Damage (Free Action) -1 Coin 2#1d20=19, 10
Skill Roll 1d20=11, Already have, reroll.
Skill Re-roll 1d20=20, Already Have, receive Work the Land by default!
Brawl and Pay for Damage (Free Action) -1 Coin 2#1d20=7, 18
Skill Roll 1d20=17, Already Have, Reroll!
Skill Re-roll 1d20=12, New Skill Get!
Brawl and Pay for Damage (Free Action) -1 Coin 2#1d20=16, 15
Skill Roll 1d20=19, Already Have, Reroll!
Skill Re-roll 1d20=7, New Skill Get!
Brawl Without Paying 1d20=12
Bruises 1d20=6

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 21, 2024

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Tower
Townsfolk

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! KILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLIT!!!"
"*sigh* Christopher? The Boots, please."
"Pretty big bug, but you'll squish all the same!"

Attacking the Giant Ant: 1d20 4 Injury!

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

[0>15 Coins][2 Companion(s)>1 Goblin?][5 Bruises]

The Geezer sadly shakes their head, as the two rush past one another-
Fight the Goblins: 1d20+2 9
Goblin Chief+Goblins Payout: 5+2d10 15
-and the Chief is humbled once more. The Geezer lends the goblin a hand, nodding to the other (still living) lackey who fetches a spare robe.
The trip back to the tavern was an awkward one.
But, once there, any questions about the Geezers new companion (and where the other two went) were summarily deflected.
The Geezer had the Chiefs hat, ergo, they were a Chief of Goblin (singular). No further explanation required.
Also they had coin and could pay upfront for booze and damages this time.

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010
~ UPDATE ~

---------Tavern--------

Guy, looking distantly off: "Hmph. The King returns, it seems. The petty squabbles of his kin will never truly recede, but he is the greatest dancer of their kind. He will unite the tribes quickly."

Friar Paunch: "Did you say something my good man?"

Guy: "Oh you can just jump right off a cliff, fat man. Are you kidding with this? I have to renew the wards again?"

Guy mutters, gesticulates to himself: "Oh she's really trying to get the message through this time. Do I sense another Divine's aid? Hah, such cheap, paltry tricks. And- yes, there we go."

Friar Paunch, beginning to stand: "Now wait just one minute, what are you-"

With a flourish, Guy completes his spell. Friar Paunch blinks, looks around, and sits back down. He resumes his elevenses.

Marcel, wheeling out a dessert cart: "Mais, c'est Merveilleux! Enjoy some more fine dining to accompany zee dispensing of your fists upon the local peasantry!"

Stabdee gains multiple Skills by Brawling, including 3 Spoilered Skills! - "Skinflint", "Work the Land", "Dungeoneering", "Escape Hole"

--------Questing--------

Hawkins, Ninjer, Lug Thunkhard - The Aviary Aggressions - Completed!

Hawkins and Ninjer quickly divided the spoils of the dungeon between themselves. They were quite sure they had got most of the loot, but they heard the heavy tread of Lug and his ladies coming up behind them, followed by the sudden clash of battle. They both made tracks to the exit and headed back for the Tavern, but not before Ninjer tripped over an ancient Idol of a Goblin King, shattering it into a thousand pieces as it rolled away and toppled down a staircase. There was a rumble from deep within the dungeon, and then drums...drums in the deep...

Boss Monster Unlocks: The Goblin King - HP 100 (30) - Spot DC 13 - Damage Range 1-13 - Max Players 6

Lug, meanwhile, was quickly making his way through the mostly cleared dungeon. His party was in high spirits, besides a grumpy pirate wench, drenched and sticky with Giant's blood and happy to remind everyone about it at any opportunity. The powerful scent must have led the curious Hobgoblin straight to them!

Hobgoblin
HP: 12
Damage Range: 1-12
Special: On a roll on the die between 1-5 - Goblins Appear!

Saikrit Baus - Tomegarden of Arkay - 51/110 - 1 Monster Defeated!

Fortunately, Saikrit's party easily overwhelmed the Troll, literally tearing it limb from limb in a grisly display of dispassionate murder. The Tomegarden resumed its characteristic quiet and calm as the dust settled around the encounter.

Mr. Tower - Dougie's Old Treehouse - 8/110

Mr. Tower totters about uncertainly as one of his bits gets pinched ferociously by the Giant Ant! But there could be hope on the horizon as Mr. Tower's shiny boots have already given the ant a bit of a licking!

Mr. Tower takes an injury!

Giant Ant
HP: 7/11
Damage Range: 1-7
Special: The first time your roll on the die is a 10 or above, the Giant Ant Burrows to dodge the damage! DC 9 Check to spot it next turn, otherwise take 1 Death Penalty!

The Geezer - Monster Hunting - 2 Defeated!

As The Geezer passes into the village, Guy meets them at its edge, and his eyebrows raise appreciatively at the new companion. He passes some coins to the crotchety-old-git as he chats up the goblin.

Guy: "You would take this one up as your leader?"

"By ancient rite, he is the last of my tribe, and my tribe's chief. Where he goes, I go. His prowess will bring our tribe victory!"

Guy: "What of the King of Old?"

"Let him come! See what happens if he tries to claim allegiance of this Chief!"

Sylvestre
Sylvestre's last moments were brief. He had gained a lot of experience in his short time adventuring, and was well on his way towards an excellent payoff on his first dungeon excursion, but it was not meant to be. The terrors of the wild places of the world were not to be taken lightly, and fate, which had played its hand in his favour for so long, finally turned the point of its sword towards his heart. The Gargoyles did not waste any further time, even as Sylvestre attempted to seek any edge that he might pursue in the battle, they closed in on him, and completed their hunt gleefully.

Sylvestre takes a second Injury! Sylvestre Dies!

"...come, Sylvestre...worry not...the roost awaits...finally, you are free of the Deceiver..."

The Wandering Mage fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 22, 2024

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Mr. Tower
Townsfolk
Injuries: :siren: 1

"It's torn the coat! Christopher, get around its back! Al, pummel it!"
"On it, Jimmy!
"KILLITKILLITKILLITKILLITKILLIT!!!!

Attacking the Giant Ant: 1d20 10 It burrows!

"Eh? Where'd it go?"

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Townsfolk
Coins: 4 > 8
Injury: 0
Companions:
code:
Work the Water- 1 Action - Gain 1d4 coins while at the Tavern

Musselsman came back into town after a nice vacation. Running a streambed mussel farm is tough work, but he had finally saved up enough to go visit his sister Clamswoman upstream. She even let him pick the Fatename for her six month old firstborn, now known as Scallopsboy. Joyous indeed! He couldn't wait to tell his good friend Sylvestre whenever he came by the stream on his way to the tavern.

That's for later though. Those new mussels won't attach themselves to the stream, after all. Well, they would, but not in a nice looking manner that was economical to harvest.

Work the River (correct dice): 1d4 4

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019

Companions: 4 +9 Temporary
Bruises: 3 +1 Bruise
Coins: 50 - 49 Coins

Stabdee spat some blood out of her mouth after another long brawling session, then called for Marcel.

"Get me some energizing gourmet stuff, going for a few more rounds!"

Skinflint 1d4=3
Buy Gourmet Meal (Free Action) -2 Coins
Brawl and Pay for Damage (Free Action) -1 Coin 2#1d20=7, 11
Bruises 1d20=11
Brawl and Pay For Damage (Free Action) -1 Coin 2#1d20=14, 8
Skill Roll 1d20=13, Already Have, Reroll!
Skill Re-roll 1d20=4, Already Have, Gain Take 10!

With Stabdee's lust for brawling finally sated, she spat a broken bloody tooth out of her mouth, and went to gather up a bunch more helpers. Soon enough, she encroached on her party's lively conversation, instantly souring their mood. Though the sight of 9 helpers behind her was rather curious.

Buy x9 Hired Hands (Free Action) -45 Coins

"Alright, you mugs! Our next destination is Sinterklaas's Workshop! Now I know, that's a horribly dangerous destination to try to loot! All that giftwrapped premium gear and expensive merch comes with a risk around every corner. It certainly is long, according to this map! But ol' Stabdee has picked up more than a few tricks, and with my guidance, we'll make that kindly fat man's workshop our bitch! We are stealing every gift and decoration, stripping it down to the bones, like my favorite green monster hero! With the help of these fine helpers here, yes. Come along, everyone. That.. winter holiday thing is cancelled!"

Stabdee gave them a grinch-like smile and grabbed her companions and the helpers, dragging them out of the tavern door to riches untold.

Dungeon - Sinterklaas's Workshop = 160

BraveLittleToaster fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Townsfolk

Saikrit Baus - Tomegarden of Arkay - 51/110 - 1 Monster Defeated.

"I vondere, why would there be a trolle in the Tomegarden? Though they have been known to read, few take to botany what with hailing from the mountains. Perhaps he wase a fungemancer? Ah, we shall never know. Onwards, my lactose-reinforced friends!"

Explore the Tomegarden of Arkay: 1d20+1+4+3 25