Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aers
Feb 15, 2012

Website updated with a new key visual and story/character pages.

http://www9.nhk.or.jp/anime/loghorizon/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

aers posted:

Website updated with a new key visual and story/character pages.

http://www9.nhk.or.jp/anime/loghorizon/

I like the new costumes. Those are some good color choices for those designs. I wonder if the kids will get new casual clothes too?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Myurton posted:

In the next couple novels like pretty much the entire membership of the Log Horizon guild gets new weapons and armor. :LN Spoilers: The only two that don't is Akutsuki and Nyanta and it's only because they haven't level past 90 so they can't equip higher level gear yet.

Akatsuki getting a new sword is what Vol 6 is all about. :v:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
The Miko girl should have kept her breastplate. More defense is always good.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Artificer posted:

The Miko girl should have kept her breastplate. More defense is always good.

Here's their profiles, it's not really very spoilery. (Except perhaps for the last one) The new gear boosts her barriers, so in a way she did get more defense.

E: oops wrong link it's this one.
E2: haha I just realized you probably meant the anime outfits and not the Book 8 outfits. Ah well. It probably still applies. v:v:v

Kyte fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 27, 2014

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Can I take a moment and say how adorable Serara looks in her new outfit?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Kwyndig posted:

Can I take a moment and say how adorable Serara looks in her new outfit?

She really likes cats, doesn't she. Maybe a little too much.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!

Myurton posted:

In the next couple novels like pretty much the entire membership of the Log Horizon guild gets new weapons and armor. :LN Spoilers: The only two that don't is Akutsuki and Nyanta and it's only because they haven't level past 90 so they can't equip higher level gear yet.

So about the members of the guild. Why don't Akutsuki and The Best Character level past 90?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

User0015 posted:

So about the members of the guild. Why don't Akutsuki and The Best Character level past 90?

Probably taking care of the home front.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Leveling past 90 requires some serious grind. I think even the most dedicated adventurers are only up to 95 or so even after all those months.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Neeksy posted:

She really likes cats, doesn't she. Maybe a little too much.

This is not possible.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Are they going somewhere cold? Everyone looks pretty warmly-dressed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The Devil Tesla posted:

This is not possible.

Serara is incredibly annoying, because she is a mirror that shows us our natural reactions to Nyanta.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

S2 OP. Yes, this is obviously spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAk7ZO3lbuY

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk

aers posted:

holy crap little lady just let me listen to database

"li-og horison, starto!"

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

User0015 posted:

Actually I think Akutsuki gets to level 91, as for Nyanta yeah he doesn't spend much time killing monsters to grind levels.

kazakirinyancat
Sep 8, 2012

aers posted:

Is that Mamare at the very start of the video?

Edit:

At 0:47, holy poo poo is that Leonardo! If that's what they're doing to dodge the copyright then they somehow made him look even cooler!

kazakirinyancat fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 28, 2014

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I love how they keep little characteristic cues from the S1 OP, except updated for S2. :allears:

And how it's absolutely loaded with hints of everything that's coming to pass.
Roe2, Inctis and Nureha's relationship, Inctis and the Tea Party, Book 6 research crew, Akatsuki getting shanked, BEST PARTY (Elias, a dude which I think is K.R., Coppelia, Leonardo and Kanami), Book 7 raid squads (including Demiglace), triple boss fight, Book 6 girl crew (with Akatsuki in the foreground ofc with her duplicates), Krusty and Misa with the evil aura because of the thing with the scythe, the scene with Nyanta I actually don't recognize wow, more dupe Akatsukis, this time in the snow so I guess this is Book 8?.

...is that kid Shiroe?

Isuzu's music notes :kimchi:

This season seems to be Books 6 to 8 plus Best Party.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 28, 2014

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag
I really hope they don't start the season with the new gear as that would be stupid as they had to visit raids or get stuff crafted. And I don't think I should spoiler that as anyone who has actually played an MMO knows you have to run dungeons/raids or ask people with crafting professions to get any new gear.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

aers posted:

Well, annoying anime voice lady aside, I'm hyped as gently caress. :swoon:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Myurton posted:

I really hope they don't start the season with the new gear as that would be stupid as they had to visit raids or get stuff crafted. And I don't think I should spoiler that as anyone who has actually played an MMO knows you have to run dungeons/raids or ask people with crafting professions to get any new gear.

Given the speed people level up (especially Scrub Horizon), showing their gear changes all the time would be time-consuming. Especially since I think Books 6+7 start with a timeskip. Book 6's sub-plot is Akatsuki's new sword, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Myurton posted:

The grinding and getting new gear is mostly background stuff, as it should be. We don't need to see where Serara's kitty hood came from to know that the younger group has been doing quests and getting drops.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

kazakirinyancat posted:

Is that Mamare at the very start of the video?

Edit:

At 0:47, holy poo poo is that Leonardo! If that's what they're doing to dodge the copyright then they somehow made him look even cooler!

So we're going to get to see some of Kanami's globetrotting group with the sentient gold farming bot I've heard about? That would explain how they're going to make a second season with only what's published so far.

Best news ever.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Myurton posted:

Since they're friends with all the big guilds, it should come expected that the best possible gear is readily available to them.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag
I was thinking more about the level 90+ members, when you are at low levels you get new blues from instances all the drat time.

kazakirinyancat
Sep 8, 2012

Bremen posted:

So we're going to get to see some of Kanami's globetrotting group with the sentient gold farming bot I've heard about? That would explain how they're going to make a second season with only what's published so far.

Best news ever.

Sure looks like it.

At 0:47 as well, the girl with the dark hair in the maid outfit is the gold farming bot, Coppelia.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
^if that is for real they could animate with a child's flickbook and crayons and i'd still watch it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Myurton posted:

Gear drops from monsters too.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

Vengarr posted:

Gear drops from monsters too.

Greens do and sometimes blues, Shiroe and the rest of the 90+ guys be wearing mostly blues and purples to use WoW terms.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Myurton posted:

Greens do and sometimes blues, Shiroe and the rest of the 90+ guys be wearing mostly blues and purples to use WoW terms.

The chapter pages in the LN talks about their new gear, it's mostly stuff that were made by craftsmen or dropped from monsters. Except for Shirou, it's all phat loot for him.

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
Haha, these background things are the best. that guy in the pv dual wielding staves in sweatpants is p cool as well

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

kazakirinyancat posted:

Edit: At 0:47, holy poo poo is that Leonardo! If that's what they're doing to dodge the copyright then they somehow made him look even cooler!

Well that answer the question of how they'll fit books 6-8 into 24 episodes without drastically slowing the pace.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I hope that added fight shot with Nyanta means they'll add some stuff for him to do here. Because he's best character.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
I'm not too happy about the animation quality drop but I'm still looking forward to this the most out of everything from the next season, especially after that OP confirming a bunch of things.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It still weirds me out the bard is carrying a big gently caress off spear.

Also was somewhat sad Lazy Princess didn't become an actual adventurer and learn to love endlessly murdering things so you can wear cool clothes.

Good show though.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Bad Moon posted:

Also was somewhat sad Lazy Princess didn't become an actual adventurer and learn to love endlessly murdering things so you can wear cool clothes.

Good show though.

Yeah obviously she should be carrying a bardiche. :rimshot:

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

Well what were you expecting? For her to wield her lute like a bass guitar with a chain saw engine inside and swinging it at people's foreheads?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Edward IV posted:

Well what were you expecting? For her to wield her lute like a bass guitar with a chain saw engine inside and swinging it at people's foreheads?

No, but that would be cool.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Edward IV posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010aaw1Ajo0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Edward IV posted:

Yes.

When she talks about her guitar being her axe it should be literal.

• Locked thread