Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Ah, okay. Just making sure.

Anyway, you should never downshift for turns. Lift and/or brake if it's a really tight corner or there's a car in your way, sure, but never go down to low gear. It slows you down way too much, and should only be used to get up to speed quicker after you crash and come to a stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I only switch to low gear when I make turns. I only ever have 70 seconds, it never increases, so i time out before I reach any kind of switch. I never crash or spin out, just max speed, switching gears to make turns.

I'm stuck at 86% of his area and I own everything else. I guess I could just watch until I have everything at A rank, that should put me over, but I want to own the drat arcade.

I swear there's more traffic when you take on these challanges.

you get time extensions when you hit a checkpoint in between stages (when you decide to go left or right)

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

What helped me a lot was just slowing down a LOT on corners and turns. It feels bad but crashing burns AGES in Outrun to the point where practically stopping while you turn is faster.

I'm doing Media King right now and jesus christ I'm gonna have to beat up Mr Shakedown a lot to afford this one. Every single property is 1 Billion and I get, maybe, 500~mil from my current property payouts.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'll give that a try. I managed to get to the first checkpoint but it timed out just before I crossed it.

I did manage to get the Electronics King, as getting most of the properties to A rank and a couple money battles won got it over 90%. Now I think its the Pleasure King?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

You can get to the first checkpoint in OutRun without ever lifting off the throttle, although that basically requires a perfect line through the corners. I usually do a little confidence lift for the tighter turns just to be on the safe side (going from 293 kph to 250 or so), but I never touch the brakes in the first stage unless the traffic totally screws me over.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

protip outrun advice: ignore it

i don't mean to be flippant and please listen to people who actually know how to play it if it means something to you but holy poo poo gently caress that game. also you absolutely do not need to get any of the properties that are linked to friendships/minigames to beat the real estate storyline.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Digital Osmosis posted:

i don't mean to be flippant and please listen to people who actually know how to play it if it means something to you but holy poo poo gently caress that game. also you absolutely do not need to get any of the properties that are linked to friendships/minigames to beat the real estate storyline.

Yea I'm passed that, its easier just to wait for the money and the use Miracle or other top advisors bump up the rank, that will get the 90%. I do want to finish all the friendships though.

About the economy in each area, do i need to change managers every so often, or just find someone good and leave them there.

Oh Catfight club is complete bullshit right? I had the top ranked girl go against the lowest rank girl, and the lower rank destroyed her with zero effort, always chose exactly the counter to my choice. I looked it up and it seems like most people agree is 100% BS RNG.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 30, 2018

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

About the economy in each area, do i need to change managers every so often, or just find someone good and leave them there.

The numbers for the managers and security are how good they are that "turn" collecting. After I think five turns everyone is at -2, which is the lowest you can get, and they stay there - so yeah you should be swapping them out right before they hit that. For managers the number is some kind of multiplier on your income, maybe it's plus or minus a percentage? So someone with -1 | 1 | 1 | 1 | -2 would give you ten percent less the first "turn" in their location, ten percent more for the next three, and twenty percent less for the final turn (and any other turns you keep them their.)

No loving idea what numbers mean for security though.

And yeah as far as I can tell JCC is some stupid RNG bullshit

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Shenmue 1&2 HD (probably) coming August 21st, a week before Yakuza Kiwami 2.

I should probably get around to making a Shenmue thread...

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Digital Osmosis posted:

Shameful Gaming

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Policenaut posted:

Shenmue 1&2 HD (probably) coming August 21st, a week before Yakuza Kiwami 2.

I should probably get around to making a Shenmue thread...

One exists, it just never gets posted in.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

PS3ailures, Yakuza 4 Digital and Yakuza 5 Digital are 40% off on sale this week.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yakuza Kiwami 2 Demo is out. It's only 10 gigs so I don't think this is accidentally the full game like last time.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Sick. This demo is dope

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is the Yak2 demo one of those demos that leaves a save you can continue from in the main game?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

No it’s standalone. The demo consists of part of chapter 2 only

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Oh and since it wasn't totally clear: wanting all the friendships done in Y0 is a cool and noble goal but the friendship locked behind an annoying minigame that you need to do first is, 1000%, Emi (Ermi?) the clerk at the bowling alley. Go do her quest. Get three strikes in a row. Watch youtube videos if you have to, put on a podcast, grind it out, do whatever it takes to get that loving turkey. Trust me.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Looks like Kiwami 2 got rid of all the "spend XP to earn more XP" skills? There's certainly a lot fewer skills in the last category. Great change if so.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Goddamn it PlayStation Now sucks a big one. I'm gonna buy a PlayStation 3 just to play old Yakuza games. I've never been this wrapped up in a series of games before. How did Japan make poo poo this cool and good for so long without me realizing it? I thought it was kingdom hearts and final fantasy nonsense.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Goddamn it PlayStation Now sucks a big one. I'm gonna buy a PlayStation 3 just to play old Yakuza games. I've never been this wrapped up in a series of games before. How did Japan make poo poo this cool and good for so long without me realizing it? I thought it was kingdom hearts and final fantasy nonsense.

If you can wait, they are releasing remasters of Yakuza 3-5 on PS4 in America.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

It’s very likely but they still haven’t officially announced a western release

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

No official release window yet. However, the producer explicitly stated he's doing it for the Western fans. They got Yak2, Shenmue 1+2 HD, and FoTNS coming out this year so there's really no rush on Sega's end. Who would have thought we'd get such a flood of Yakuza after getting the shaft for so long?

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah, I know but there isn't a western release date. At this point and With Sega's track record on this kinda thing I'd rather not wait around for a year and a half.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Yeah, I know but there isn't a western release date. At this point and With Sega's track record on this kinda thing I'd rather not wait around for a year and a half.

The turnaround is presumably a lot shorter given that the games are already translated.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Their "track record" with Yakuza recently is putting out like 3 titles in a year :confused:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
also I played the kiwami 2 demo and I am continuously surprised at this team's ability to iterate so well on releases, this feels like an even tighter experience than 6 did

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Caitlin posted:

Their "track record" with Yakuza recently is putting out like 3 titles in a year :confused:

Yeah it's been a pretty good run lately and maybe they have figured it out. I was referencing the long delays that Yakuza 4 and 5 experienced.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
TBH I'd be okay with a bit slower release schedule at this point. 3-5 sometime in 2019 would be just fine.

Media Bloodbath
Mar 1, 2018

PIVOT TO ETERNAL SUFFERING
:hb:
I want 0 on the new engine!

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
The one thing I miss in 6 is the ability to just throw a guy. Swinging guys around is funny but it's takes way longer, and is less funny when they graze a lamppost and break the grab.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Shenmue and Yakuza late next month is bliss to carry me over to FotNS. What a time to be alive.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

isk posted:

TBH I'd be okay with a bit slower release schedule at this point. 3-5 sometime in 2019 would be just fine.

Sega please don't listen to this person they don't know what they're saying.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Just started. I'm still in chapter 1, I spent all night and a million yen eating at all the restaurants and working out

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Can someone just make a Yakuza megathread? Bouncing between this and the Kiwami thread is a pain the rear end.

isk posted:

This is a bad take. The worst take even.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Can someone just make a Yakuza megathread? Bouncing between this and the Kiwami thread is a pain the rear end.

Well I asked people in the Zero/Kiwami thread if they wanted a megathread and they told me they wanted more threads because the games are "different enough" so I made this one. When Y0 comes out on PC next month I'm just going to shut one of these down and turn it into a megathread.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I'm also in favor of a Megathread and maybe even a Discord channel?

Currently I'm trying to catch up to the PS4 Yakuza releases after having played 3,4,5 on the PS3 back in the day. I'm in the middle of 0 but after playing the demos for Kiwame 2 and 6 last night I'm having a really hard time to go back to the old engine.

I hope they'll port over 0 and Kiwame 1 in a couple of years.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

the panacea posted:

I'm also in favor of a Megathread and maybe even a Discord channel?

Currently I'm trying to catch up to the PS4 Yakuza releases after having played 3,4,5 on the PS3 back in the day. I'm in the middle of 0 but after playing the demos for Kiwame 2 and 6 last night I'm having a really hard time to go back to the old engine.

I hope they'll port over 0 and Kiwame 1 in a couple of years.

Stick with it. I ruined myself with 6 while I was halfway through 0. I bounced off 0 for like two solid weeks after I finished 6. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
nvm, wrong thread.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Fat Samurai posted:

nvm, wrong thread.

You see, this poor goon thought he was in the Kiwami thread. Megathread now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Megathread now.

• Locked thread