Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Use SL for T2 Sharon, she doesn't need more CDR unless you have almost zero from cards. With SL she will kill bosses in 30 seconds or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

What's the cool and hip active goon alliance to be in these days? Is the OP still accurate?

I want to be friends with the true whales. Right whales. Blowholes with the diameter of truck tires.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Cinara posted:

Use SL for T2 Sharon, she doesn't need more CDR unless you have almost zero from cards. With SL she will kill bosses in 30 seconds or less.

I've already done that with the full family set. Even assuming I was taking a whole 150 seconds with her, shaving off two minutes on a guaranteed trivial win wouldn't be important at all. I'm more interested in buffing teams that are kind of marginal and usually succeed but can be screwed sometimes, but none of them are blast heavy enough for SL to accomplish anything.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Tom Gorman posted:

What's the cool and hip active goon alliance to be in these days? Is the OP still accurate?

I want to be friends with the true whales. Right whales. Blowholes with the diameter of truck tires.

Most of the whales are in Marble Hebrons but send an application to DoctorGoons, we're whales in training!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

RatHat posted:

Most of the whales are in Marble Hebrons but send an application to DoctorGoons, we're whales in training!

Good enough for me!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
bad opinions about star-lord itt

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I wonder if this will end up meaning anything for Future Fight, or if Bill's just riding some hype of his own.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lol, in live battleworld an enemy Silk just managed to web my Ant Man up in the middle of the 5 star long iframe skill and then the pile of webs was just flying around the battlefield for a few seconds dealing no damage.

e: in the next fight my Elsa miniaturized and started flying around in the Ant Man 5 star skill pattern. How can their netcode be so bad?

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 22, 2016

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/BillRosemann/status/789567016487165952

C.. could it be happening? Is it possible? :ohdear:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

magik magik magik magIK

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to Select Warp.

Clawtopsy posted:

magik magik magik magIK

Beast Beast Beast Beast!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The X-Men are coming!

We'll get Wraith, Maggott, X-Treme, Cypher and Beak.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Give me my Cajun love Gambit and my life is complete.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Gimme my boy :itjb: or get the gently caress outta here.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
With X-men we could have new world bosses of Apocalypse and his horsemen. Or Onslaught Red Skull.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Maybe the Huggernaut won't be garbage in this like he is in Marvel Heroes. Fingers crossed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Did power creep make him obsolete already?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

RatHat posted:

Did power creep make him obsolete already?

Sure did. They're doing a massive system update now that may change things up though. Game is getting an overhaul.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
They're doing an overhaul like every year at this point.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Are they really doing the thing where the X-Men go through the terrigen mists and become inhumans instead of mutants but otherwise remain exactly the same in order to screw over Fox

Because that rules if so

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Last I heard they were just killing off the majority of the mutants.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sure did. They're doing a massive system update now that may change things up though. Game is getting an overhaul.

drat. He was so fun a year ago. Then again same thing happened to me with Rogue. Played a bunch with her when she first came out and loved her. 8 months later and she was a hot mess.

Tom Gorman posted:

Are they really doing the thing where the X-Men go through the terrigen mists and become inhumans instead of mutants but otherwise remain exactly the same in order to screw over Fox

Because that rules if so

That's not how the copyright would work. Fox has copyright over the X-Men franchise, regardless if they are mutants or not.

Currently the rumor floating around seems to be that because all these new books are being launched the situation might be improving between Fox and Marvel. Though it's an almost biyearly debate as to whether there was ever a real decision at Marvel to de-emphaisize the franchise, which is where all the "Marvel is killing the X-Men stuff comes from".

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 23, 2016

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

That's not how the copyright would work. Fox has copyright over the X-Men franchise, regardless if they are mutants or not.

Currently the rumor floating around seems to be that because all these new books are being launched the situation might be improving between Fox and Marvel. Though it's an almost biyearly debate as to whether there was ever a real decision at Marvel to de-emphaisize the franchise, which is where all the "Marvel is killing the X-Men stuff comes from".

But would they have the rights to the INHU-MEN, with legendary heroes such as Biclops, Typhoon and Icyman?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

PaybackJack posted:

Not even remotely how this works, though neither is the thing you're replying to. What Fox has is an exclusive license to a set of characters in film/tv (the latter of which sort of had renegotiations), not the copyright. And these rights aren't the issue anyway, so much as somebody not really wanting to advertise for Fox's licensed properties. Although, it is debatable how much this scorched earth treatment of mutants actually is, as you say.

Tom Gorman posted:

But would they have the rights to the INHU-MEN, with legendary heroes such as Biclops, Typhoon and Icyman?

They would not, but they wouldn't lose the rights to the X-Gene versions either. If the entire goal is to not increase the mindshare of a property they can't leverage in more profitable media, this might actually work.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The guy at Marvel who hates Fox is no longer in charge of films, just TV. And they're collaborating on a Legion TV show now. So yeah, the cold war is probably over, but who knows if Marbu are gonna get to use X-Men.

Remember, they weren't even allowed to do a Lucas stume because Gaz have exclusive Luke rights now.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

punchymcpunch posted:

Gaz have exclusive Luke rights now.

Sweet Christmas.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

punchymcpunch posted:

Remember, they weren't even allowed to do a Lucas stume because Gaz have exclusive Luke rights now.

Wait, really? Is that also why we haven't gotten Elektra and Punisher Netflix uniforms?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

That's the rumour. I think it's more likely than the scenario where Netmarble are allowed to do some tie-ins and get some free publicity and then they just flake on it. It's also really suspicious that Misty didn't get a Netflix costume.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Also why Gaz did an Agents of Garbage skull car driver tie-in and Netmarble did fedora g-man.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

C. Everett Koop posted:

Gimme my boy :itjb: or get the gently caress outta here.

I second this. Gonna third and fourth it too. I will buy the gently caress out of the whale T2 Package for my boy Juggy.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

quote:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The Wheel of Fortune event has concluded, and we have picked the winners. Before we get to those, the answer was:

METHOD MAN

Now some people might be wondering what the hell a Wu-Tang Clan member would have to do with Marvel. He featured in a pretty cool Cameo (as himself) in the recent Luke Cage series, so that's the tie-in.

he lucky 200 winners picked randomly, who will also receive 200 Crystals are:

Greywords

Well, hot drat. :dance:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
gently caress the X-Men, I want Wu-Tang.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I hope they do lots of crossovers. Seven Knights did a Guilty Gear/BlazBlue event and added three characters from each to the game. (I wish you could still get them)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Greywords posted:

Well, hot drat. :dance:

Hogama won too!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The best thing in Timeline is when Ant-Man shrinks down Carnage and you get his tiny 6*. So adorable.

Greywords
Oct 17, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Hogama won too!

He did! Legitimately! Not with dirty luck like me! Go congratulate him people!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I assume T2 Carnage is actually good when played manually because he sucks and is a pushover whenver I face him

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah he's near invincible in anything except Battleworld(where cooldown is increased so he can't be invulnerable forever).

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

My least favorite AI controlled characters to fight against in TL or BW are Thanos, T2 Sharon, and T2 Iron Fist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I normally just skip Thanos since his passive can be pretty bullshit.

I find I just avoid him, Proxima and Ant Man now. There's been too many times where the AI is just able to spam his 5* attack over and over.

• Locked thread