Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
PUNK VS MAX 0 0%
LETHAL VS MOX 8 6.35%
GUNNS VS FTX 5 3.97%
BRYAN VS YUTA 92 73.02%
THE VS TONI 2 1.59%
DARBY VS EL IDOLO 19 15.08%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MassRafTer posted:

People thought the Bunny sucked until about six months ago and really didn't embrace her until the street fight.

the street fight fuckin owned tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

when she comes out and makes a bitey face at the camera it’s fun to pretend the camera operator has a new flavour of oreo they’re dangling just over it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Trying posted:

they're repackaging her with an asterix gimmick because she clowns romans

Her and Penelope doing an Asterix and Obelix gimmick is what AEW needs rn

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i haven't seen penelope on tv since the street fight, fwiw

#makerampagegreatagain

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

jesus WEP posted:

when she comes out and makes a bitey face at the camera it’s fun to pretend the camera operator has a new flavour of oreo they’re dangling just over it

lol

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Tony Khan going sicko mode this Friday on #AEWRampage

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

watch tony khan book danielson vs joe on rampage

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

L'image et le son de la perfection

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

word from Dave and SRS is the network are getting cold feet about rampage (given the recent embarrassing ratings) and aew as a whole. We laughed at that traitor but it looks like C*dy knew the AEW ship was stinking… sorry, sinking! and bailed while he could. I’d expect many more from Tony’s toybox to do likewise.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wonf4w/status/1511841511293476866?s=21&t=sm0cbhkPB9LcXKVav1wC5Q

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

word from Dave and SRS is the network are getting cold feet about rampage (given the recent embarrassing ratings) and aew as a whole. We laughed at that traitor but it looks like C*dy knew the AEW ship was stinking… sorry, sinking! and bailed while he could. I’d expect many more from Tony’s toybox to do likewise.

It was only a matter of time, we all knew this was inevitable. Time to pack it in and tune in to NXT 2.0 LVL Up.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

AEW dies just as yea ok comes back, f’d up.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

according to a redditor there she did a moonsault, landed on her feet, and then immediately went down grabbing her leg

so yeah Leyla's gone for a while if history is any example :( poor Leyla and poor Stat

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Hefty Leftist posted:

watch tony khan book danielson vs joe on rampage

This

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So dragon, punk and joe are here….

Where’s Claudio ??

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Knee injuries suck.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

awful to hear, but the silver lining is that this gives them a chance to refresh leyla after she'd recently seemed to lose some of her initial shine

I'm certain stat will make chicken salad out of whatever angle she gets into instead, if she wants to be taken seriously maybe challenge mercedes/deonna for the ROH title

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
New Tony just dropped -

Tony Khan posted:

The only people who first took this seriously were Matt Jackson & Chris Jericho, and I talked to both of them almost every day and from there they brought in a lot of other really good people. Obviously Matt brought Nick his brother, and his wife Dana runs our merchandise and she’s a big part of the company too, and then obviously Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes. You know, when I talked to Matt, I wanted to get The Bullet Club together, and especially and particularly The Elite with Matt, Nick & Kenny, which I thought was the best trio in the world. And I really saw Kenny coming in as a singles headliner, and Matt & Nick as the top tag team, and I wanted to get Jericho. And for business case, I knew there were a couple things happening.

“Thats the way I found him (MJF), was on MLW. I was watching a ton of wrestling and other people liked him too, like once I started talking to Cody, he’s one of the names Cody brought up that he thought would be great. But in my scouting he was one of the first people I saw outside of that group of names I just mentioned. MJF & Trent, Trent Beretta.

Cody already in the mud in AEW lore.

From here -
https://wrestlepurists.com/tony-khan-discusses-the-challenges-of-starting-aew/

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I had no idea Mrs. Matt Buck was in charge of AEW's merch, those guys really are getting paid six ways from sunday

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I’m way behind on the thread so this may have already come up but…

If anyone else is using a VPN to watch AEW+ on a Fire Stick you might be in for an unpleasant surprise. The app no longer works with a VPN, you just get an error message. The workaround is to login via a web browser like Silk.

Browsing websites with a Fire Stick remote sucks and takes way more time than it should. Hopefully this is enough warning that people don’t miss the opening of Dynamite.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's going to be very interesting in the coming decade, on who started what, from all of their perspectives. When memoirs start to get written.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Saul Goode posted:

New Tony just dropped -

Cody already in the mud in AEW lore.

From here -
https://wrestlepurists.com/tony-khan-discusses-the-challenges-of-starting-aew/

Few people knew the young, low level volunteer named Cody, who has already proven to be a liar.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Jiro posted:

It's going to be very interesting in the coming decade, on who started what, from all of their perspectives. When memoirs start to get written.

Cody is gonna be running for office much sooner than that

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I had no idea Mrs. Matt Buck was in charge of AEW's merch, those guys really are getting paid six ways from sunday

She’s the real merchfreak

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Gotta fund your shoe addiction somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

People thought the Bunny sucked until about six months ago and really didn't embrace her until the street fight.

I didn’t :colbert:

TV Zombie posted:

So dragon, punk and joe are here….

Where’s Claudio ??