Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Do you run straight to the boss and kill it first thing when you zone into the map? That's good to do with Harvest because then the Eater altars you spawn in the map won't have boss options, which gives them a higher chance of having quant, which is what you want for harvest.

The other method people use to achieve this is by running maps where the boss doesn't spawn until you zone into the Arena, which has the same effect of keeping boss mods off the Eater altars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

bawfuls posted:

Do you run straight to the boss and kill it first thing when you zone into the map? That's good to do with Harvest because then the Eater altars you spawn in the map won't have boss options, which gives them a higher chance of having quant, which is what you want for harvest.

You don’t need to do that in jungle valley because the boss isn’t spawned until you enter the boss room. Same w dunes

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 15, 2024

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bawfuls posted:

The other method people use to achieve this is by running maps where the boss doesn't spawn until you zone into the Arena, which has the same effect of keeping boss mods off the Eater altars.

Ah cool, I didn't know that trick. So quant is the main one for harvest and not pack size?

That makes sense about jungle valley then, I think I just don't like the trees lol. I got used to Dunes after doing the shine leveling so much there.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

You do need to do it on Dunes however

edit: you want quant and pack size, but the quant that gets added by eater altars during the map will also apply to Harvest if you run it at the end of the map

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 15, 2024

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Got a Mjölner on ssf, checked builds and the main thing to do seems to be pairing it up with a squire - how do people on ssf get their squires?
Chaining T17s for div cards?
Tried a few (couldnt kill the boss) but saw not a single card, but i guess just keep doing it until you get it or black out?

Any other way wiki doesnt mention?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I can't personally verify it, but this reddit post seems detailed enough to probably not be trash https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1cqtjr8/how_are_people_farming_mageblood_in_ssf_in_324/l3tohdc/ for SSF unique farming.
Sounds like it's largely T17s to farm scarabs or 8mod t16 harbingers, into T6 or T16 ghosted exiles to farm uniques.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Interesting read, thanks for that - depending on the scarab situation it might indeed be better to aim for uniques themselves instead of cards.
Maybe ill get lucky and kill a t17 boss before league is over, but up until now ive not managed to do so although the character plays pretty solid everywhere else.
Maybe ill try to setup a Mjölner build without squire and try to farm the squire with that, if it works out halfway decently.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Interesting read, thanks for that - depending on the scarab situation it might indeed be better to aim for uniques themselves instead of cards.
Maybe ill get lucky and kill a t17 boss before league is over, but up until now ive not managed to do so although the character plays pretty solid everywhere else.
Maybe ill try to setup a Mjölner build without squire and try to farm the squire with that, if it works out halfway decently.

https://pobb.in/dKWfFgoCXW7u

Mjölner with a Prism Guardian instead of a squire.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

WorldIndustries posted:

That's interesting, I was actually doing harb and harvest together with this tree after watching the empyrian harbinger video (I'll check out his harvest vid in a sec)
:
edit: (That's not the tree he uses in the harb vid, he adds beyond which I took out since in 30 maps I didn't make as much on the beyond stuff as I did with harvest.)

5 div per hour was probably too low an estimate, I wasn't making much doing them together and tried to isolate what harvest was giving me. Maybe I need magic quant gear, I can try on jungle valley instead of dunes which is what I'd been doing.

I just did a 5 map sample using the same tree, but just rushing harvest as fast as I could and going to the next map after getting the juice. Made an even 3 div in 12 minutes, so that's more like 15 div an hour. I only used the harvest scarab of doubling, I tried another sample with the cornucopia as well and it seemed to take a lot longer to kill the bosses, could have been marginally better but I'm not sure, I only did 3 maps for that test.

I've been trying pretty much everything on Dunes since it's easy to navigate, I prep the maps by chisel to 20% quality, alc, using a regex and chaos orbs until they don't have any of the mods that cause me problems and I see at least 20% pack size. This is typically just 0 or 1c per map, I could be trying to roll them a few more times to improve pack size or quant maybe?
Then I vaal them all and only run the ones that don't have the problem mods.

You should pretty much only be running 8 mod chiseled maps at this point in the league. You may need to run some 8 mod unchiseled every now and then until you can farm your own T17s.
When you corrupt a map into 8 mod it doesn't matter what mods were on it before, it will completely randomize it.

Also Jungle valley is pretty much made for Harvest with eater. You can find all of the altars very quickly, and you don't have to worry about wasting an altar that spawns a boss mod.

I wouldn't be surprised if I am doing harvest/harbies next league. Just need a league mechanic that doesn't overshadow everything when it comes to crafting.

DangerDongs fucked around with this message at 13:50 on May 15, 2024

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

If I'm running some regular maps to farm 8-mod maps for myself, is Cartography Scarab of Duplication better than just using a second Cartography Scarab?

Running Cartography Scarabs of Ascension and Corruption and I just want to drop a large volume of 8-mod favorite maps.

30% duplication should result in 30% more maps, while the cheaper one is 50% more maps

Is the duplication scarab only valuable if you're trying to farm T17 and other higher value maps to sell?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

bawfuls posted:

If I'm running some regular maps to farm 8-mod maps for myself, is Cartography Scarab of Duplication better than just using a second Cartography Scarab?

Running Cartography Scarabs of Ascension and Corruption and I just want to drop a large volume of 8-mod favorite maps.

30% duplication should result in 30% more maps, while the cheaper one is 50% more maps

Is the duplication scarab only valuable if you're trying to farm T17 and other higher value maps to sell?

I recommend running 20 maps with 2 cartography scarabs and then 20 with cartography + dupe scarab and see what it actually returns for you.

I did a bunch of T17 map farming testing with cartography scarabs and duplication scarabs as well as testing the shrine boss scarab in all sorts of permutations over 20 maps each and found the difference in drops comes out anywhere from 1.3 to 1.9 T17s per map. It's literally close enough where the prices of the scarabs start to matter in calculating returns.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The duplication scarab is the most rare of the cartography ones and it is like 3x the price, so I'm really struggling to see why I'd use it.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

bawfuls posted:

The duplication scarab is the most rare of the cartography ones and it is like 3x the price, so I'm really struggling to see why I'd use it.

3x the price of what, the cartography scarabs? It's been a week or so, but last time I checked those were relatively cheap as in less than 5c a scarab. If you're farming T17s, it's gonna provide the highest return. At the start of the league, it was a no brainer to pay for them because scarab prices were all over the place. At this point in the league you're measuring returns on map drops in chaos instead of divs per map so the prices matter. It sucks spending 50c in scarabs per map and getting one of the bad T17s that sell for 25c to 40c or no T17s at all. But for what you're doing, it really depends on what the value of the 8mod maps are and how the scarabs actually affect those drops. I've never done 8mod map farming so I'm not sure how the scarabs would affect the price.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I'm just running T16's with cartography scarabs while watching other poo poo on my second monitor in order to generate my favorited 8-mod T16's for later Harbi farming. So I care about which combination of scarabs will drop the most 8-mod T16's for me to use

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 15, 2024

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

bawfuls posted:

I ran about 2 hours of Harbi tonight and made like 40 div. Got one fracture explosion (5 fracture orbs) and on of the Divination card scarabs that sells for like 10 divine.

So I have the raw currency for Nimis now, but I'm gonna have to shore up some resistances in order to make that swap. Might have to drop a unique slot to do that, like Shadows and Dust, which I think means another gravecraft cause crit multi and +1 frenzy charge are too juicy to pass up...

Though if this Harbi farm rate is consistent I can probably farm the currency to just buy some gloves someone else made faster than I can figure out & execute the right craft myself.
Did this yesterday, gravecrafted fractured +1 Frenzy charges and crit multi on gloves, greed essence spammed for T2 resist, picked up a Nimis. The damage is good but the little wrinkle I didn't notice before when checking in PoB is that now I'm not resist capped until I have a couple Endurance charges, which feels a little clunky. I get Endurance charges from 5% on kill (Timeless Jewel) and Call to Arms Enduring Cry, neither of which are quite as reliable as the Frenzy and Power charges from Manaforged Arrows/crits.

Possible slots to make up the resist would be quiver (T5 resist currently), or helm (drop mana reservation suffix and use Enlighten on my auras). Or maybe I should go for that unique helm setup and a rare amulet?

PoB: https://pobb.in/zV6BntkCIQGE

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 17, 2024

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

bawfuls posted:

Did this yesterday, gravecrafted fractured +1 Frenzy charges and crit multi on gloves, greed essence spammed for T2 resist, picked up a Nimis. The damage is good but the little wrinkle I didn't notice before when checking in PoB is that now I'm not resist capped until I have a couple Endurance charges, which feels a little clunky. I get Endurance charges from 5% on kill (Timeless Jewel) and Call to Arms Enduring Cry, neither of which are quite as reliable as the Frenzy and Power charges from Manaforged Arrows/crits.

Possible slots to make up the resist would be quiver (T5 resist currently), or helm (drop mana reservation suffix and use Enlighten on my auras). Or maybe I should go for that unique helm setup and a rare amulet?

How short are you and how much do you need the small stat nodes on your tree? If it's a small gap you might be able to make it up with a couple of tattoos.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

16 cold and 11 fire, and I have a lot of extra Dex so that's a good point.

The fire is also made up for with Dying Sun, so 3 cold res tats is probably enough to shore things up for now. I have zero small str nodes anyway.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 17, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I think I've run out of things to improve:
(check the tempering orb enchants on both weapons lol)

https://pobb.in/Fbp-4sz8oYCn

I could potentially swap out another 10 dex for another mark effectiveness tattoo but according to PoB it makes little difference.

Looking at:
164M DPS (no rage, no berserk, Pinnacle)
324M burst DPS (PoB Hero peak DPS max rage/berserked with Adrenaline active)

~50m DPS vs Ubers under normal circumstances.

I got bored with Delirium just because Simulacrums take forever to run so I've switched over to doing corrupted 8 mod crimson temple maps with strongboxes and harbingers while alternating between jucing div cards and maps. Nothing crazy dropped yet but this is more satisfying than sifting through dozens of cluster/abyss/4 mod base jewels in Delirium. I am now very comfortable configuring PoB after spending an evening fiddling with it :unsmith:

E: when does this league end?

EE: Nightmare of Lycia is the most bullshit fight i have run across in this game and that's saying something. Bursted her down to 25% health instantly at which point she turned invulnerable and sat in the middle of the arena pooping out endless waves of expanding floor damage that instantly kill you if you touch them. Hit detection isn't great so good luck dodging between waves and just give up if you don't have a blink. Through 5 portals, the phase never loving ended including the time I went through the portal and tried to wait it out and my invuln timer ran out and she STILL kept going. Maybe a new worst boss in the game? Jesus. It's literally less forgiving than uber exarch and I didn't think that was possible. The only conceivable way I can see to win this fight is with an enormous tank or enough damage to just delete her before she goes invulnerable. Maybe I'll try berserking next time before I go through the door and just park on top of her.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 18, 2024

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
There is always some place to improve.

Just at the basic level - is it all T1 mods? No? Well..

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

totalnewbie posted:

There is always some place to improve.

Just at the basic level - is it all T1 mods? No? Well..

The mods that matter are T1 although I suppose you could argue that improving from T2/T3 to T1 in some places might free up wiggle room for other pieces of gear but I doubt I'm going to be able to improve the overall performance of this build from here on out by much. I have 100% suppression and maxed resists. Unfortunately, the unique chest I have removes a lot of room for damage mitigation but the double corrupt is too nice not to use it.

Weakpoints of the build seem to be overall survivability mostly due to low mobility (poor movement speed due to Ralakesh and the lack of a blink) and lower than average damage mitigation. Crits and random degens really wreck me.

Strongpoints are absolutely obscene AoE damage and fantastic map clear. If I can be left alone for a few seconds without being hit, most things will die. A mageblood would probbaly fix a lot of these problems but the hit from losing Perseverance would be...severe especially since I don't have another source of Onslaught.

The lack of juke/movement speed really hampers my ability to twitch dodge like I did on the assassin and although I can facetank a lot, the uber OHKOs are not designed to be tanked at all for the most part and just flatten me because I just can't get the gently caress out of the way quickly enough. I suppose I could switch my major pantheon to the one that mitigates degen but then I become vulnerable to freeze so idk.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 18, 2024

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

A mageblood would probbaly fix a lot of these problems but the hit from losing Perseverance would be...severe especially since I don't have another source of Onslaught.
You can get Onslaught from a flask, and flask effect also applies to Onslaught now.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

bawfuls posted:

You can get Onslaught from a flask, and flask effect also applies to Onslaught now.

Silver flask, yeah? Hmm. I'd lose a huge chunk of attack damage from the "1% attack per lowest of the two armor/evasion" thing" I think and if I wanted to run a 4 slot MB (which I'd have to do since I need granite, jade, quicksilver and now silver(?)} I'd have to run without a life flask or ditch the Dying Sun flask. I guess it couldn't hurt to try. I have nothing else to spend money on really. Hmm I guess I could try it both ways.

Easiest way to farm a MB in this league is div card juicing or just grinding out T17s? I could really see doing either and making it work.

E: NM. Losing Perseverance would mean a -190% attack damage hit. Not sure what that translates to exactly without running it through PoB but I'd wager it'd suck pretty hard.
I've seen an alternate SS champ build on PoEninja that uses MB which runs off of a single rare weapon and that Vaal Mechanism shield (forget its name) instead of dual wielding but it's too far off from mine to adjust my gear easily.

Also add to my complaints about this build "razor thin mana margins" and any map with phys reflect or "monsters cannot be leeched" is instantly a no-go followed closely by "players cannot regenerate mana/energy shield/life"

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 18, 2024

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Put it in PoB and see what it says. You probably don’t need a life flask at this point with all your leech.

The easiest way to get a mageblood this league on pc is just farm up 80 div but your console market is all fucky

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

bawfuls posted:

Put it in PoB and see what it says. You probably don’t need a life flask at this point with all your leech.

You’re probably correct since in situations where I’m slamming the flask button, I’m either already dead anyway or would be better served just hammering the attack button and letting leech do its thing. Come to think of it, a nice half measure would be to swap out the life flask for bottled faith for bossing - only that leaves me vulnerable to corrupted blood but that’s so situational it might make more sense to use a life flask for mapping and BF for bossing if my strategy needs to be “leap slam onto boss and sit there until one of us dies”. A life flask rarely saves me in those scenarios.

Huh. Not a terrible idea. I’ll add that to my shopping list. Would Progenesis be a better fit since it would slow down damage and allow me to leech back the damage I’m taking? Progenesis is going for ~124 div at the moment which I don’t have but could earn if I needed to. Something of an expensive proposition since I don’t know if it will work or not and I can’t find a way to simulate how it would “feel”

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 18, 2024

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Frank Frank posted:

only that leaves me vulnerable to corrupted blood

How reliant are you on the one Viridian Jewel in your build? Could you accept a slightly worse one with the Corrupted Blood implicit? Maybe just as a swap for when you need it?

Personally I never use a life flask on a late game build. If a build requires one (either mechanically or for survival) then it's not the build for me.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Setec_Astronomy posted:

How reliant are you on the one Viridian Jewel in your build? Could you accept a slightly worse one with the Corrupted Blood implicit? Maybe just as a swap for when you need it?

Personally I never use a life flask on a late game build. If a build requires one (either mechanically or for survival) then it's not the build for me.

Funny you mention that, I have one that is (as you said), slightly worse but does have corrupted blood immunity that I had forgotten about. I bought it from a guy who didn’t know what it was worth for like 25c and dumped it into my “future build” tab and forgot about it. Yeah I’m thinking either progenesis or bottled faith and then swapping that jewel in situationally might do the trick.

This would be the first time I’ve ever run around without a life flask but in practice, I can see why it’s not always advantageous now. Hell, two leagues ago there was a point where I felt uncomfortable without 3 life flasks.

My only concern is that the life flask I have both prevents corrupted blood and removes both bleed and CB on use. The jewel mod only does the former

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So I’m thinking progenesis might be the move here since really all I’m trying to do is win a war of attrition (very rapidly) and unlike rage/berserk, I can reset progenesis on death and it has a looooong uptime and reduced charge usage. 3-4 extra seconds of survival means I win a lot of these T17 boss encounters I’m struggling with even if I die afterward.

Now I just need to find another 60d to pay for it.

Do t17 bosses take Uber damage reduction or just pinnacle? Guessing the latter but I want to make sure if I’m going to try and calculate my odds of winning a DPS race.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 18, 2024

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

Funny you mention that, I have one that is (as you said), slightly worse but does have corrupted blood immunity that I had forgotten about. I bought it from a guy who didn’t know what it was worth for like 25c and dumped it into my “future build” tab and forgot about it. Yeah I’m thinking either progenesis or bottled faith and then swapping that jewel in situationally might do the trick.

This would be the first time I’ve ever run around without a life flask but in practice, I can see why it’s not always advantageous now. Hell, two leagues ago there was a point where I felt uncomfortable without 3 life flasks.

My only concern is that the life flask I have both prevents corrupted blood and removes both bleed and CB on use. The jewel mod only does the former

PoB up a version of your build that uses the adorned and a shitload of corrupted magic jewels. You can get immunity to a lot of different statuses that way.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
If you get enough extra lightning res, you can use a corrupted Nimis.

If you have enough stats, you can corrupt the dragonflight.

Your gloves are definitely very solid but they could have a temple mod instead.

Your cluster jewels aren't corrupted.

I'm not saying those are all very realistic to improve on in 1) a dead league and 2) on console no less but there is always room. For the gloves, for example, you could try to fracture a temple mod, essence spam for T1 chaos, and then finish prefixes with eldritch.

Now, if you say "I know I could improve these pieces these ways but I've run out of things that are realistically possible at this time in the league/on console/in SSF/whatever reason" then that's different from "I don't have anything to improve." Hell I could say you should have triple synth implicit clusters, blah blah if you really want to take it to the extreme, your boots are only single corrupt, etc. Now, I think it's ENTIRELY reasonable to say "This is as far as I want to take it" or "I don't think the extra effort is worth the benefits in these cases" and that's totally fine.

The most important thing is to consciously decide that you're done upgrading vs. not seeing the possibilities.

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 18, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Do you like regeneration? Like, do you REALLY like regeneration?

Boy do I have the boots for you!

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

Doesn’t matter how good the results are, I simply cannot bring myself to the terrible UX of gravecrafting.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the gravecrafting interface isn't nearly as obnoxious and tedious as trying to trade for the 15% of corpses you need for a craft but don't already have

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

The worst part of it for me was needing to use the corpses that increase the effect of adjacent corpses because they only apply to one type (beast, human, undead corpses etc.)

Probably made the whole process take 3x as long since I had to figure out the layout first, then trade for corpses rather than just checking off a list

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

All the powerful crafts require you to use a planner of some kind to pre-plan the layout. That’s the only way to get the most out of the row/column/adjacent buffs, which you need to fit everything in

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

bawfuls posted:

All the powerful crafts require you to use a planner of some kind to pre-plan the layout. That’s the only way to get the most out of the row/column/adjacent buffs, which you need to fit everything in

Yeah it was essential to get percent chance to fracture, chance to create a copy up above 100%, and other stuff. I think the layout itself is very cool it's just that "I can't buy that corpse because it's a human type, I need a beast version" was maddening

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Agreed, the corpse type was a mistake and it would be better without it

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Question(s) about a couple of allflame embers that are valuable.

*Ember of meatsacks. Why is this valuable? I get that it condenses a pack into a single beefy monster but what's the point of that? I get why (for example) the anarchy ember that has a rogue exile is nice. If a lantern mod converts jewels/armor or w/e to valuable currency, then forcing the pack into a rogue exile makes sense. What is the point of meatsacks?

*Ember of manifested wealth - forces a pack to drop currency items. So what? Why is that valuable? I haven't used one since they are valued at like 4-5div and I was considering selling them but then realized I didn't know what the application was so maybe I'm better off using them somehow?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Frank Frank posted:

Question(s) about a couple of allflame embers that are valuable.

*Ember of meatsacks. Why is this valuable? I get that it condenses a pack into a single beefy monster but what's the point of that? I get why (for example) the anarchy ember that has a rogue exile is nice. If a lantern mod converts jewels/armor or w/e to valuable currency, then forcing the pack into a rogue exile makes sense. What is the point of meatsacks?

*Ember of manifested wealth - forces a pack to drop currency items. So what? Why is that valuable? I haven't used one since they are valued at like 4-5div and I was considering selling them but then realized I didn't know what the application was so maybe I'm better off using them somehow?

T17 can juice meatsacks to extreme levels by giving that pack that was reduced to a single mob 8 extra rare mods with Back to Basics and a Nemesis scarab.
A tree for the strat: https://maxroll.gg/poe/poe-atlas-tree/p35so0w4

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

DangerDongs posted:

T17 can juice meatsacks to extreme levels by giving that pack that was reduced to a single mob 8 extra rare mods with Back to Basics and a Nemesis scarab.
A tree for the strat: https://maxroll.gg/poe/poe-atlas-tree/p35so0w4

Neat. I have a few of those meatsack embers. Might as well see what all the fuss is about. Any idea about the wealth embers? "drops random currency" doesn't seem all that exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Frank Frank posted:

Neat. I have a few of those meatsack embers. Might as well see what all the fuss is about. Any idea about the wealth embers? "drops random currency" doesn't seem all that exciting.

The Wealth allflame replaces packs with Living Currency mons that always drop a single currency - usually a Chaos orb, but sometimes a Vaal orb or occasionally an Exalted orb. The drop is fixed, so the trick is to get as many mons in the map as possible - ideally a high-frequency pack with either the "increased pack size" Devoted mod or the green plus indicator. Using Strongbox scarabs with the Strongbox atlas mods is also a good way to boost the number of potential Living Currency mons.

I've gotten upwards of 600 chaos from a properly juiced map.