Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I know it can be tough to swallow, but food is often used as a euphemism for sex.

drat this got no recognition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wish Goku (Ginyu) would fight Goku (Black)

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blockhouse posted:

also yeah she straight up has a gang in the show I forgot all about these dudes

Is that a dwarf in the bottom left?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Gohan’s redemption in Super was really good

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

TrilliontonNixon posted:

He's the group's Krillin.

Every group needs a Krillin.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

TrilliontonNixon posted:

its the dr slump of universe 6

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

So, what exactly is going on with Toppo next episode anyway? He just inexplicably goes God of Destruction? Is he granted the power by Belmod? Or is he just powering up to the point where he's similar to a God of Destruction?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

So, what exactly is going on with Toppo next episode anyway? He just inexplicably goes God of Destruction? Is he granted the power by Belmod? Or is he just powering up to the point where he's similar to a God of Destruction?

He goes God Of Destruction (Omen)

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
He's probably been training to use Destruction energy and now he's finally starting to actually use it.

I feel like people have been speculating x is gonna be disqualified for breaking the rules ever since the beginning and I don't think it's ever going to happen, even if Toppo is getting this powerup.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Momomo posted:

He's probably been training to use Destruction energy and now he's finally starting to actually use it.

I feel like people have been speculating x is gonna be disqualified for breaking the rules ever since the beginning and I don't think it's ever going to happen, even if Toppo is getting this powerup.

Yeah if anything happens you know Zeno will be "that's awesome, do it again!"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Momomo posted:

This is the payoff we get for the Frieza thing all those episodes ago.

He will be the only cabable of stopping Super Toppo

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Next episode is the 5 minute mark so obviously Frieza is getting some kind of boost

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Frieza's getting a boost alright. A boost straight off the arena by my good and strong friend Toppo!!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
legit think toppo is smoking both 17 and freeza so we get toppo vs vegeta and goku vs jiren running in parallel

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Freiza is going to hit 5 minutes and show that he has been training for it all along as reality softly forgets that time ever was and they're dragged into a nightmare brawl that goes on for years as the god children cheer and cheer and cheer

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

dr.acula posted:

Next episode is the 5 minute mark so obviously Frieza is getting some kind of boost

gonna get powered up by knocking a dumb monkey off the edge

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Do you think the Grand Priest meant anything by "next time I'll bring better GodPads" or was it just meaningless fluff

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Hjalmar posted:

Do you think the Grand Priest meant anything by "next time I'll bring better GodPads" or was it just meaningless fluff

It was probably just something he said to get his dumb children to shut up.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ramadu posted:

gonna get powered up by knocking a dumb monkey off the edge

He already did that earlier with Cabba though.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hjalmar posted:

time is a flat circle

as is goku's face after most fights

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you think they might try to pull the "Freeza is so strong that he burns up all the time he has left in the living world" thing like Goku did when he went SS3 against Buu?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
spoilers for story mode 1 are out in the wild now so watch out

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Today, Gohan finally became a true warrior ...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Glad the strongest move ever, the full nelson, is finally getting recognition again.
I don't think Freeza was messing around with being tired though, that exasperation seemed pretty legit.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's all because he gave that energy to Goku earlier.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yeah, he's not exactly subtle when he's being evil and genuinely looked strained keeping his death cage up. There's also absolutely no reason for him to betray Gohan, he had no idea Gohan was going to go into a suicide Full Nelson and there's still the strongest two members of Universe 11 to fight, they need every extra body they can get.

Glad to see Dsypo rebuff Frieza though, he may come off as a cocky poo poo, but he still had enough JUSTICE in his heart to tell Frieza to go gently caress himself

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

multijoe posted:

Today, Gohan finally became a true warrior ...

By going out like his dad did to Raditz. If U7 survives, hopefully Goku will take Gohan to meet King Kai.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I want to imagine Burter just weeping to himself in Hell when Dyspo switches into maximum overdrive and he's just not sure why he's crying

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Crabtree posted:

By going out like his dad did to Raditz. If U7 survives, hopefully Goku will take Gohan to meet King Kai.

I hope that this goes like Radditz and Frieza becomes Pan's terrible mentor that actually secretly cares and later ally and good friend to my pal Gohan.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Dyspo for DBFZ and his level 3 is just the Flasher's super from Injustice

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I hope that this goes like Radditz and Frieza becomes Pan's terrible mentor that actually secretly cares and later ally and good friend to my pal Gohan.

Frieza desperately calls Piccolo at 4 am asking how in the hell do you change a small monkey baby.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Freeza leaves Pan in the wilderness to fend for herself, and the next day he comes back to find her sitting atop a mountain of dead dinosaurs.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Freeza leaves Pan in the wilderness to fend for herself, and the next day he comes back to find her sitting atop a mountain of dead dinosaurs.

Unlike Piccolo, he was actually trying to kill her, but when she shows up alive, Gohan assumes that Frieza was being a good friend and providing his daughter with the character building life experiences that he got as a kid, and Frieza just has to desperately roll with it.

Aladdin
Feb 16, 2011
Is anyone else annoyed Vegeta ascended to a new form only to be as marginally powerfully as kaioken Goku? Like, stamina stopped mattering like halfway through the arc anyway so I feel like my boy got shafted!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I thought it was kinda bad his transformation was directly compared to SSB Kaioken and he didn't get his own stand-alone scene like Extremely Mad Trunks, but Vegeta is always going to play second fiddle to Goku. He doesn't like fighting as much, he doesn't have the same all-consuming fixation on it and he only seriously trains when he needs to play catch up, he's just not going to reach the same heights as a guy whose entire reason for living is fighting people stronger than him and improving his own technique.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Here why I'm so upset. Hear me out. I know there is probably a lot of complaining from Gohan fans about him being eliminated, but here is the thing. Honestly, it's like these writers don't even know who Gohan is. Gohan is the family guy, the loving/always there husband and dad that Goku never was. He is the character that doesn't enjoy fighting but when you put other people's lifes on the line he would let everything go and fight for them. And that's my problem on how Gohan was eliminated. I just needed a moment where Gohan had a flashback with Videl, Pan and those who he is fighting for. A moment to remember the stakes that if he doesn't win this tournament his whole family will get erased from existence. There is a reason why Gohan is fighting. Goku is just fighting to fight. Vegeta is fighting for his pride and a chance to meet with a Planet of Saiyans not destroyed by Freeza. 17 is fighting for... well nothing really. And Freeza is fighting to live again. I felt like they forgot who Gohan was, what his motivation was. He had no internal motivation or heart. There were so many foreshadowing and nothing came out of it. I hate the way they did this, not because he got eliminated before 17 or Freeza but because he never had a resolution, a moment. A moment where he went all out for his family. I mean he never even powered up against Dyspo. Not even after being eliminated thought about his family. We all know Vegeta is getting eliminated but at least he had that one defining moment, Gohan who deserves it equally or more never did and it sucks. They really are ruining his character that I grew up loving because of who he was. I'm extremely dissapointed at the writing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/7ru3d6/sub_dragon_ball_super_episode_124_discussion/dt0aala/

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
In DBS dub news, Schemmel sounds a lot better now as Goku Black but the lines themselves don't seem as strong as the Japanese original.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
I started with the dub instead of the sub this morning and LOL at Goku: "I'm so pumped for zeno's tournament! There could be all sorts of exciting weird original fighters from all over the universes and cool new techniques!"

E; oh daaaamn. "I can't wait to watch you die."

Car Hater fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jan 21, 2018

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Here why I'm so upset. Hear me out. I know there is probably a lot of complaining from Gohan fans about him being eliminated, but here is the thing. Honestly, it's like these writers don't even know who Gohan is. Gohan is the family guy, the loving/always there husband and dad that Goku never was. He is the character that doesn't enjoy fighting but when you put other people's lifes on the line he would let everything go and fight for them. And that's my problem on how Gohan was eliminated. I just needed a moment where Gohan had a flashback with Videl, Pan and those who he is fighting for. A moment to remember the stakes that if he doesn't win this tournament his whole family will get erased from existence. There is a reason why Gohan is fighting. Goku is just fighting to fight. Vegeta is fighting for his pride and a chance to meet with a Planet of Saiyans not destroyed by Freeza. 17 is fighting for... well nothing really. And Freeza is fighting to live again. I felt like they forgot who Gohan was, what his motivation was. He had no internal motivation or heart. There were so many foreshadowing and nothing came out of it. I hate the way they did this, not because he got eliminated before 17 or Freeza but because he never had a resolution, a moment. A moment where he went all out for his family. I mean he never even powered up against Dyspo. Not even after being eliminated thought about his family. We all know Vegeta is getting eliminated but at least he had that one defining moment, Gohan who deserves it equally or more never did and it sucks. They really are ruining his character that I grew up loving because of who he was. I'm extremely dissapointed at the writing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/7ru3d6/sub_dragon_ball_super_episode_124_discussion/dt0aala/

Honestly Gohan really did get screwed over and it's now pretty clear that he's been demoted to secondary character. And that's especially galling considering that for most of Z he was being set up to succeed Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i think he owned personally