Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
In Uncharted 4, at least for the bits where you're smashing a button to escape a grapple or whatever, you can go into settings and change it so you only have to press it once and hold it down.

I still end up smashing it anyway out of excitement, but I appreciate that the option is there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
gameplay footage https://youtu.be/liVwGsxIkzQ and interview.

no co-op multiplayer but this game is coming packaged with the complete uncharted 4 multiplayer. So that means I might be able to deleted uncharted 4 and keep this smaller game on my hard drive.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Interestingly they also say they'll be adding new content based upon The Lost Legacy to the multiplayer after launch, so I'm guessing that there will at least be a new multiplayer map or two coming at some point.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I'd be shocked if that content didn't include new skins for Chloe and Nadine. Fashion is important.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Apparently LL is going to be as long as the first 3 UC games, kind of crazy how that game expanded from a single chapter DLC to a full length game.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Does this mean that it's probably the first time buying a season pass was actually worth it?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dying light probably but yeah for the most part.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Partied up with some goons tonight and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI3aXCEp4Jo

what the gently caress

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
and just like in real life the video ends with me on my hands and knees dying.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Chalupa Joe posted:

Does this mean that it's probably the first time buying a season pass was actually worth it?

That, but Lost Legacy is also the perfect game to buy digitally since it will probably never be discounted or appear free on PS+. So a good one to preorder for a chunk of that spend 100 deal.

VVVVVVVVVVV I gathered that, just sayin for those who didnt

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jun 16, 2017

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
I already bought Deluxe UC4, which had it included.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

effervescible posted:

what the gently caress

It would be cool if they added a tornado gun like MGS4 to toss these at people.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Stream is at noon Central today on ND's twitch to announce some new stuff and show off LL a bit more. Said new stuff hits later today.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I demand new fashions.

Also I hope they don't gently caress up the ranked cosmetic unlock from the season they had to restart. I worked for that cowboy hat dammit.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
My stream was making GBS threads the bed for most of the Q&A, but the Lost Legacy demo looked like a lot of fun.

We're also getting Ranked King of the Hill this season. Interesting. Not my top choice, but maybe it'll mix up the ranked game.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Yeah, stream was kinda lame with lag and they just barely mentioned any MP stuff before the DLC comes out.

I saw you in the twitch chat before it started though and humbly request to be my twitch friend.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
We can be friends on all platforms, buddypal. But you might have to request twitch friendship in the official sense because I don't know how to do anything but watch vidya on twitch.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
June 20 2017 patch 1.24.079

Multiplayer Content

Classic Mode is now a permanent mode
Added new Season Ranked Rewards
Added Challenges for new items
Added 2 Weapons
Added 40 Character Skins
Added 21 Vanity Items
Added 13 Taunts
Added 16 Weapon Skins
Added 3 Survival Boosters
Multiplayer Balance/Bug Fixes

Increased loadout point cost of Weapons Expert (PvP) and Enhanced Radar (Survival) by 1 point on all levels
Movement speed while hip firing reduced
Fixed an issue where players were not following their parties into matchmaking
Fixed an issue that caused players to become invisible
Fixed an issue where qualifier descriptions were being cut off
Fixed a bug where players were respawning twice in King of the Hill
Fixed various issue with King of the Hill in Cinema
Fixed an issue with capture and neutralize status getting out of sync between players
Fixed various level exploits

We will see how many of these issues are fixed. Reduced running speed while blindfiring has me very :smith:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

SamuraiPaul posted:

Classic Mode is now a permanent mode

Exactly 1 year too late for me to give a gently caress.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

effervescible posted:

what the gently caress

You may have opened a gateway...
https://www.reddit.com/r/unchartedmultiplayer/comments/6jgjot/survival_video_cars_going_nuts_in_auction_house/

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm looking forward to getting back into multiplayer when The Lost Legacy comes out. UC4 takes up too much harddrive real estate to install just to play multiplayer. I'm hoping that Lost Legacy will be a bit smaller so I can keep it on my PS4 for a good while.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:same:

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Apparently they'll be showing off new multiplayer content for Uncharted 4 & The Lost Legacy on August 15th. Not sure if it will be worth watching however given all the technical issues that plagued their last attempt at a live stream. They're teasing Survival Arena, but hopefully there will be a decent amount of new maps for the game as well.

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/896065625335910400

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/LauraBaileyVO/status/895393487956267009
:allears:

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Not even one new map on the livestream for Lost Legacy MP content :negative:

https://www.naughtydog.com/blog/uncharted_the_lost_legacy_survival_arena_multiplayer_update

New skins, one new character (LL villain), and

quote:

Survival Arena – a new take on our cooperative Survival mode that adds over 100 new waves with new enemy types, new Siege zones, and all-new wave modifiers. Survival Arena offers thousands of potential encounter combinations for you and up to two additional players to take on. For your efforts, you can also earn our new Savage Starlight Skeleton skins, unlockable through Survival Arena.

Electromax fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Aug 15, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

achillesforever6 posted:

Apparently LL is going to be as long as the first 3 UC games, kind of crazy how that game expanded from a single chapter DLC to a full length game.

I've been sleeping on news about it since I want to be surprised and this just made my day. Goddamn, hell yes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So what's the current best multiplayer stuff? I haven't played in close to a year.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

So what's the current best multiplayer stuff? I haven't played in close to a year.

Same, gonna hop on in an hour or so.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Chalupa Joe posted:

Same, gonna hop on in an hour or so.

Nice. I gotta hit the sack tonight, but lets party up soon.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well this game kind of went down the toilet online in the exact way I was worried it was going before I stopped playing. Just entire teams running around together like swarms. So boring.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
That's basically the meta in every team based game these days. It's boring to play on a team which is doing it, and it sucks to be on the receiving end of.

:ssh: Play co-op.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I mainly plan on doing survival again. I just wanted to dick around in death match for a while because I used to love it. For a few weeks before I quit I remember thinking "wow this sucks all of a sudden" and it was because everyone just started running around with full groups, maybe 1 flanker. It's even worse than I remember though. It's just like "group moves together, everyone camps, shootout happens, clean up the bodies, repeat. The fun map designs aren't even being utilized anymore because everyone is running in circles. Good luck trying to do anything fun and getting away with it.

I've been playing TF2 ever since and i've never noticed that meta there. It's defiantly a less support based game though.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Overwatch definitely has it so I've been playing DOOM MP recently and now every other game feels like you're moving through molasses. Down for survival though. :getin:

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Aug 24, 2017

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So is Survival supposed to be fun? I mean, you're fighting enemies that'd put the bullet sponges in Uncharted 1 to shame on top of having extremely cramped spots when they force you to fight in one area or not get any money for kills.

People must think it's a garbage mode too since I'm getting into games that are near the end waves with enemies that seem to have 30 million health each, can one or two-shot you and dash around the map with djinn powers. Who the gently caress designed this crap?

Edit: Am I missing something? Is there just not a casual survival difficulty where you and some other people can just have a fun, casual time mowing down some slightly difficult enemies rather than deal with waves of lovely, unfun bullet sponges? Because in the 3 games I got in to, I never want to play this mode again.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 25, 2017

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Create a session on easy or normal mode, instead of matchmaking into whatever game it finds first? Those sound like the higher level waves, you kind of need the cash reserves from playing the lower levels, and the unlocks from just playing more games before those guys become manageable.

Alternatively: git gud. Keep moving, if you sit still you're dead. But mostly, don't join an in-progress match.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The boss fights in survival mode suck, way way way too much health. But I did find it pretty fun when I could actually hit stuff.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
On the single player side, Lost Legacy rules and is a good time. Gameplay is pretty much the same as in 4, though I thought they incorporated the rope better--taller structures and deeper chasms to swing over were satisfying. The character stuff was some of the best they've done, and various interactions cracked me up, particularly in the last third.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Man, I thought Arena was the survival stuff you'd want to play and just pegged the stages as challenges for you to complete for exp like the challenges for multiplayer. That sort of thing was exactly what I was looking for. gently caress arena.

A shame multiplayer is what it is. I really enjoyed it a whole heck of a lot but it seems to be either you get rolled by a super efficient team or you roll a not very efficient team because yours is. There's rarely inbetween because the matchmaking just can't get enough people. Hopefully more people will jump on once they finish single player or something. There are all these new guns I want to try out!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Single player is dope. It's like UC4 gameplay, but paced more like UC1-2, but also the most open in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

effervescible posted:

On the single player side, Lost Legacy rules and is a good time. Gameplay is pretty much the same as in 4, though I thought they incorporated the rope better--taller structures and deeper chasms to swing over were satisfying. The character stuff was some of the best they've done, and various interactions cracked me up, particularly in the last third.
I'm disappointed that Cutter doesn't show up or is mentioned which is kind of weird

• Locked thread