Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

resistentialism posted:

Stuff you learn in a draft game: if your opponent redirects the effect of your mindslaver back on you, it's effectively "You control you during your next turn". Simpsons smokey bear gif etc.

This is why you always want to leave four mana open when you can when you're holding Return the Favor. The copy is treated like a card you played yourself, while a redirect retains its original caster for all relevant effects (for example, I used it on Pile On once recently, so I got to kill two of my opponent's creatures, but we each got one of the Surveils).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
So I'm not familiar with Theros but I had a draft token burning a hole in my pocket and jumped into a draft.
I ended up finding myself drafting simic enchantments. I would appreciate any suggestions on the deck before I jump on it with it (and thanks in advance for anyone that takes a look!):
https://sealeddeck.tech/17lands/deck/301fe667546846b88ef38317f88767ab/2

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Ah my opponent did activate both modes. I guess what happened was the second effect just overwrote the first one. Both effects can only do something to what happens on the targeted player's next turn. I only sort of glanced at what return the favor actually does.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

resistentialism posted:

Ah my opponent did activate both modes. I guess what happened was the second effect just overwrote the first one. Both effects can only do something to what happens on the targeted player's next turn. I only sort of glanced at what return the favor actually does.

Ohhhh, yeah, that's actually a pretty cool interaction, since the copy resolves first. That means the worst-case scenario for Mindslaver is just having it blocked, since the only way they can control you is if they let you control them, and since you get control first, you can minimize the damage they can do to your gamestate by wrecking theirs beforehand.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

cgeq posted:

So I'm not familiar with Theros but I had a draft token burning a hole in my pocket and jumped into a draft.
I ended up finding myself drafting simic enchantments. I would appreciate any suggestions on the deck before I jump on it with it (and thanks in advance for anyone that takes a look!):
https://sealeddeck.tech/17lands/deck/301fe667546846b88ef38317f88767ab/2
This is how I would build it:
https://sealeddeck.tech/4Ng8rDfEEz
You should do pretty well, Setessan Champion is a huge bomb. I wish you had picked up a few two-drops, especially Skola Grovedancer.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
So, I’ve been taking the UW artifacts deck for a ride and my conclusion is that it’s not very good but also not TERRIBLE. No surprise since the deck is more or less based around it but Simalcrum Synthesizer is by far the most important card and if you didn’t drop it on turn 3 you’ve probably lost. Most aggro decks will just run under it but if you do get matched up against something more durdly you do have a chance. It is really funny when it goes off and just making GBS threads out multiple 8/8s or whatever is pretty fun when it happens but I probably can’t recommend the deck in the current standard atmosphere.

I’m looking forward to rotation even if it’s 4 months away. It will be interesting to see standard with sets actually designed around the longer rotation period.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

imagine dungeons posted:

So, I’ve been taking the UW artifacts deck for a ride and my conclusion is that it’s not very good but also not TERRIBLE. No surprise since the deck is more or less based around it but Simalcrum Synthesizer is by far the most important card and if you didn’t drop it on turn 3 you’ve probably lost. Most aggro decks will just run under it but if you do get matched up against something more durdly you do have a chance. It is really funny when it goes off and just making GBS threads out multiple 8/8s or whatever is pretty fun when it happens but I probably can’t recommend the deck in the current standard atmosphere.

I’m looking forward to rotation even if it’s 4 months away. It will be interesting to see standard with sets actually designed around the longer rotation period.

Does it not get completely hosed by Brotherhood's End, which a bunch of decks are running anyway for anti aggro purposes? 4c legends seems like it would be rough too.

Have never beaten it with my grixis crimes deck otoh!

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

distortion park posted:

Does it not get completely hosed by Brotherhood's End, which a bunch of decks are running anyway for anti aggro purposes? 4c legends seems like it would be rough too.

Have never beaten it with my grixis crimes deck otoh!

It does get destroyed by Brotherhood's End and that is a big reason that I think its not worth crafting. There are niche matchups where it shines but overall you're trading 75% pain for 25% pleasure. Or 48% in this instance since that is its meta winrate.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah, I loved that deck several days ago but playing it since has basically been fishing for matchups I win by showing up. If they have an island and hold mana turn 3, you probably can't win. The most winning cards just end up being your abundance of removal, but no Empress/sunfall to painfully drag out a win from it all.

I love cryptic coat and aegis and I hope to have more things to do with them in future sets and metas. I feel like Blade of Shared souls still has some potential that never really coalesced into a meta contender.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
This got up to 5-1, lots of Heliod doing his thing and Staggering Insight being a bomb if not answered. Then I played back to back against two incredible decks - a Rakdos one with both Tymaret Calls the Dead, and - the turn after I'd loaded up a Gull with two Auras (including Insight) - the Great Akroan War to steal it for two turns, which, well. They also had two Escape cards coming up + also a 2drop so just a huge board, clearly a much better deck than mine. The second deck I faced was (as far as I could see) monoW, with the double strike on enchantment etb dude + an Alseid of Life's Bounty (sac for protection), I just couldn't do anything?! Not that I drew any removal except for the terrible "4 power or greater" one. They did, however, draw two removal spells, both exile, so I couldn't even try to Escape my Sentinel's Eye for idk racing purposes. I conceded when they made 5 1/1s off the devotion etb creature. Great deck, again much better than my mediocre first try.

I'll definitely take a 5-3 though!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

A good 10% of the analyst decks winrates must come from opponents resigning when they're just slightly behind and 20 triggers hit the stack.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Went 2-3 and 4-3 in my first two Magic drafts in many years, pretty pleased considering I was mostly flying blind and definitely had some misplays (I thought the 'planeswalker' part of Firenado meant a player, oops). Once I do another 10 or so I might take a stab at a live one at my local shop. Hopefully Magic players are cleaner than they used to be!

Narrator:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

welcome back

Sloppy posted:

Hopefully Magic players are cleaner than they used to be!

overall I would say so. it's also become more socially acceptable to tell people to take a shower, content creators and game store events seem to make mention of it pretty regularly

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

kalel posted:

welcome back

overall I would say so. it's also become more socially acceptable to tell people to take a shower, content creators and game store events seem to make mention of it pretty regularly

I went to a prerelease 10 years ago and there was a slight gamer odor situation, I went to one last year for MOM and it was fine (it was also a lot colder though).

Based on those two data points there has been progress

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Boco_T Status Update:
After putting up a pathetic 51.2% winrate in OTJ over 322 games, Wizards finally put up some flashback sets for me to play for relief.

DMU Quick Draft: Had never done this before at all, wasn't playing Magic at the time. But the format is an all-timer for me, very few bomb rares so my good drafting and play are rewarded.

Overall Records
Games: 78 - 42 (65.0%)
Matches: 78 - 42 (65.0%)
Total Events: 18 (7 Trophies)

THB Premier Draft: Had done this when it was new, but that was before Arena had human drafts so all my previous experience was either with Sealed or bots. Had a 58% winrate back then.

Overall Records
Games: 57 - 29 (66.3%)
Matches: 57 - 29 (66.3%)
Total Events: 11 (2 Trophies)

During the THB run I made it to rare complete, so I started getting bonus gems for the packs I won. As a result, I ended up making a net 1,840 gems off of the 11 drafts I did. For maybe the first time ever, Wizards paid me to draft.

Current Status:

Going to take a few days off drafting and see what the decay puts me at when IKO Premier gets added on Tuesday. I loved that set a lot and also had a 58% winrate back in the day, but I am also willing to not draft if I can so I can hold top 250 for the end of the month.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Boco_T posted:

This is how I would build it:
https://sealeddeck.tech/4Ng8rDfEEz
You should do pretty well, Setessan Champion is a huge bomb. I wish you had picked up a few two-drops, especially Skola Grovedancer.

Thanks for taking a look at it! I'll give it a go.
Ya, I definitely realized once the draft was done that I was sorely lacking 2 drop creatures. I was keeping an eye on my mana curve but all the 2 mana spells through me off which is my own fault!

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Boco_T posted:

Boco_T Status Update:
After putting up a pathetic 51.2% winrate in OTJ over 322 games, Wizards finally put up some flashback sets for me to play for relief.

DMU Quick Draft: Had never done this before at all, wasn't playing Magic at the time. But the format is an all-timer for me, very few bomb rares so my good drafting and play are rewarded.

Overall Records
Games: 78 - 42 (65.0%)
Matches: 78 - 42 (65.0%)
Total Events: 18 (7 Trophies)

THB Premier Draft: Had done this when it was new, but that was before Arena had human drafts so all my previous experience was either with Sealed or bots. Had a 58% winrate back then.

Overall Records
Games: 57 - 29 (66.3%)
Matches: 57 - 29 (66.3%)
Total Events: 11 (2 Trophies)

During the THB run I made it to rare complete, so I started getting bonus gems for the packs I won. As a result, I ended up making a net 1,840 gems off of the 11 drafts I did. For maybe the first time ever, Wizards paid me to draft.

Current Status:

Going to take a few days off drafting and see what the decay puts me at when IKO Premier gets added on Tuesday. I loved that set a lot and also had a 58% winrate back in the day, but I am also willing to not draft if I can so I can hold top 250 for the end of the month.

Congratulations! Being one of the top 50 best people at anything is badass!

Eeevil fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 19, 2024

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
it is crazy how long they will let a player sit completely idle at the start of the game before it kicks them. Between the minutes it gives to decide mulligans and the two turns it takes of no action to officially call it a disconnect, thats gotta be like 5 minutes of doing nothing.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Squinky v2.0 posted:

it is crazy how long they will let a player sit completely idle at the start of the game before it kicks them. Between the minutes it gives to decide mulligans and the two turns it takes of no action to officially call it a disconnect, thats gotta be like 5 minutes of doing nothing.

They've got to do it because the app shits itself at the slightest opportunity and takes forever to restart and rejoin a game. If it was as fast to get to a game as the Dominion app I'm sure they could reduce it

Ultimatefire
May 6, 2013
After Time posted his Satoru deck for Timeless recently, I piloted that and had some fun, tight games. I did lose to a deck playing more control than the tempo that Cryptic Coat was pushing (or that I was playing it as, that deck can certainly grind if one plays better than I) - it was using Lurrus as companion, but had what I considered a meme combo in the middle - the new Jace Reawakened, and Valki, God of Lies double sided from Kaldheim - Valki can be plotted by Jace, then on the next turn, you can cast the 7 mana planeswalker Tibalt Cosmic Imposter for free, and immediately scoop a card off the top of each deck, which is great card selection in Timeless. It's pretty fun top-end to have in the format where everything is so powerful and fast.

I had to reconstruct the deck myself, and I don't consider myself a superb deckbuilder or anything, just following along the lessons I've learned from here with fetchlands+mystic sanctuary, and DRC+Mishra's Bauble. Having already burned wildcards to get a different Lurrus Grixis No Bans deck, and now the Satoru deck, this one wasn't that much more expensive. Wondering if anyone in the thread, since I had to reconstruct the deck myself, has any insight or opinions. The Sideboard has Death's Shadow come in a lot, since it works so well in a Lurrus Grixis shell. Everything else in the sideboard has been less meaningful, tbh.

Companion
1 Lurrus of the Dream-Den (MUL) 116

Deck
3 Valki, God of Lies (KHM) 114
1 Island (UST) 213
3 Jace Reawakened (OTJ) 271
4 Orcish Bowmasters (LTR) 103
1 Swamp (UST) 214
3 Mana Drain (OTP) 11
4 Brainstorm (STA) 13
1 Flooded Strand (KTK) 233
4 Polluted Delta (KTK) 239
4 Mystic Sanctuary (ELD) 247
3 Thoughtseize (AKR) 127
3 Fatal Push (KLR) 84
2 Drown in the Loch (ELD) 188
4 Steam Vents (GRN) 257
3 Mishra's Bauble (BRR) 34
1 Otawara, Soaring City (NEO) 271
3 Undercity Sewers (MKM) 270
2 Lórien Revealed (LTR) 60
4 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
4 Dragon's Rage Channeler (MH2) 121
2 Sauron's Ransom (LTR) 225
1 Spell Pierce (NEO) 80

Sideboard
1 Stifle (SCG) 52
1 Lurrus of the Dream-Den (MUL) 116
2 Death's Shadow (WWK) 57
3 Stern Scolding (LTR) 71
1 Expressive Iteration (STX) 186
2 Death's Shadow (WWK) 57
1 Spell Pierce (NEO) 80
1 Drown in the Loch (ELD) 188
1 Sauron's Ransom (LTR) 225
2 Mystical Dispute (ELD) 58

Well, that's the closest to a unique contribution I have provided to this thread, even though others already put the idea together for me to get beaten by, first. There are certainly some cool decks in Timeless! Earlier I got to ult a Jace, copy Lorien Revealed's draw 3, copy the plotted Tibalt Cosmic Imposter (you don't keep both but it can gently caress with people's counterspell plans), and copy... whatever else off of the top that Tibalt got me. I did, in fact, win that game.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Another iffy standard homebrew for you all.

There's exactly one interaction with the maindeck torpor orb, which is barbed servitor not getting suspected, but it's such an entertaining meta inclusion for standard right now.

Gameplan is to shoot critters until you get chandra or else maybe shoot board wipes and x spells at your servitor, especially with hell to pay. The sideboard is very much at whatever level.

Deck
4 Torpor Orb (BIG) 27
2 Swamp (SLD) 1401
4 Barbed Servitor (MKM) 77
4 March of Wretched Sorrow (NEO) 111
4 Brotherhood's End (BRO) 128
2 Mountain (SLD) 1402
2 Burn Down the House (MID) 131
2 Chandra, Hope's Beacon (MOM) 134
3 Hell to Pay (OTJ) 126
4 Play with Fire (MID) 154
3 Outrageous Robbery (MKM) 97
3 Demand Answers (MKM) 122
3 Lightning Strike (DMU) 137
4 Blackcleave Cliffs (ONE) 248
4 Haunted Ridge (MID) 263
2 Restless Vents (LCI) 284
2 Raucous Theater (MKM) 266
4 Sulfurous Springs (DMU) 256
1 Takenuma, Abandoned Mire (NEO) 278
1 Sokenzan, Crucible of Defiance (NEO) 276
1 Field of Ruin (MID) 262
1 Mirrex (ONE) 254

Sideboard
2 Hidetsugu Consumes All (NEO) 221
2 Pithing Needle (MID) 257
2 The Stone Brain (BRO) 247
1 Unlicensed Hearse (SNC) 246
3 Duress (ONE) 92
2 Unlicensed Hearse (SNC) 246
3 Path of Peril (VOW) 124

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
question for the alchemy folks: if you incorporate onto a card with plot, does that effect its plot cost, the cost to cast it from exile, or neither?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Eeevil posted:

question for the alchemy folks: if you incorporate onto a card with plot, does that effect its plot cost, the cost to cast it from exile, or neither?

Plot [cost] (You may pay [cost] and exile this card from your hand. Cast it as a sorcery on a later turn without paying its mana cost. Plot only as a sorcery.)

Incorporate [cost] and [quality] (Incorporate perpetually adds an additional casting cost to that card, adding any new colors from that cost, and adds [quality] to that card for the rest of the game.)

It depends on whether incorporate adds an actual "additional cost" which is a thing in the game separate from mana cost, or if it uses digital-only wizardry to rewrite the printed mana cost on the card. In the former case you would have to pay the incorporate cost when casting from exile (because when casting a card without paying its mana cost, you still must pay all additional costs), in the latter case you would not. It does not affect the cost of plotting the card.

kalel fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 19, 2024

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Otj effort post after 250 games over the last two seasons. I finished last season in the top 200, and this month I’m ranked somewhere in the top 500 after winning 62 of the 97 games I played.

This is a high agency format that will feel familiar if you like to do cubes. Synergy trumps bombs, and getting value on the edges of every interaction past turn 4 is the goal. Prior to that it’s about not letting yourself get run over by the odd aggressive deck or put in a position where you are getting taxed for falling behind (they play something to the board that will end up having you chump a bunch or wasting multiple cards to remove).

You will see your opponents play a bunch of high power cards. You will too. In constructed your opponents play a sheoldred and you answer with a swords. It plays similarly here. Don’t mistake rarity for power level - about the best thing you can be doing here, aside from hitting your opponent with overwhelming forces, is to bang out a draft loaded with uncommons and lands. If you play hollow marauder, outcaster greenblade, rutstein, etc etc. you can win any game. These uncommons will give you a base that puts a deck at a floor of 4-5 wins and you can pepper in a game plan to get above that. Some examples below from the last 6 drafts. These are all different decks, and all went 6 or 7 wins. You will see some commonalities between them. Namely, playing lots of colors. Look at what pack one looks like for these. Take good cards, in any color. Take fixing. Don’t lock in on 2 colors, unless you have the stone cold nuts being fed to you.

Edit - ios posting lost a bunch of these images. Sorry all but I hope what’s here is still helpful. Those are still 4 different decks that ended up being in the money

All of these decks have flaws and bad matchups. But they have the ability to go really deep into a matchup. And they all have the goal to extend the game as long as possible. No deck is really perfect in a 40 card format, I always wanted one more copy of x, or am light in y spot of the curve. But successful decks in this format have something they are trying to do. And because a lot of the bombs in this format are creatures, you will have time to execute your gameplan even if they land a bonny paul. Above is a game where they played geralf, bonny paul (2x!) and pest infestation and at the end of the day it was fine because that deck won every game in the air. I got to do my thing, with uncommons, and won.

Some general thoughts:
Play less arynx and more holy cow. Aggro does feel low agency in this format. Not bad, but not a lot of ability to flex play skill.
Play humiliate and the black version of it. Great way to not get blown out by cruel ultimatum
Take lands with picks in the top 5 of every pack. Take mana dorks. Take bandits haul. Be base green only for fixing if need be
You can cast anything. It’s wild
Understand when to blow removal early. If your deck has legs don’t die with cards in hand. Run 8 removal pieces if you got them
Recur stuff as much as possible
Bristle back sentry can fix most curves
fake your own death on a vault plunderer is backbreaking
Cards like vault plunderer are way better than cards like vadmir. Take the common. Get value
Have at least a couple fat asses in every deck or you will get taxed to death by a 4 toughness creature

Time fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 19, 2024

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Eeevil posted:

Incorporate only affects the card's printed mana value. Just like with Disguise, it doesn't affect the cost of alternate casting methods. Though unlike with Disguise, a plotted card that's been Incorporated can still get ETB triggers off (whereas using Disguise to cheat it out is only useful with Guildpact Greenwalker).

EDIT: Okay turns out I misremembered how Incorporate works. The added costs are actually added no matter how you cast the card, except for Disguise, and non-casting "put into battlefield" keywords, which is weird and inconsistent.

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 19, 2024

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Any suggestos here: https://www.17lands.com/deck/fdf4fe76700141c08fe4d537d5b2074d

In particular, worth splashing white for up to three pieces of removal including mystical tether, off only one mirage mesa?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

thespaceinvader posted:

Any suggestos here: https://www.17lands.com/deck/fdf4fe76700141c08fe4d537d5b2074d

In particular, worth splashing white for up to three pieces of removal including mystical tether, off only one mirage mesa?

No but get that other blast and link breaker in there for the two skullduggery. You gotta take oasis gardener, the rock guy, bandits haul, and lands higher though. Card quality is low here bc of staying in two colors

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I was on the lookout for lands on at least one of my colours but I don't think there were any i should have taken for the colours I ended up with? I could have had a BG fastland at one point but there was no advantage to that over a swamp, and WG crimeland but I ended up playing neither of those colours.

Yeah I had a quick page pack through and I could have had a UR crimeland or BG fastland over Harrier Strix which maybe the UR would have been worth it for a free crime? Otherwise a COnduit Pylon over Murder or Tyrant's Scorn seems questionable at best, and I definitely could have had one over Nurturing Pixie in pack 1 but I think I was still justified in picking a solid W card there?

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 19, 2024

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

thespaceinvader posted:

I was on the lookout for lands on at least one of my colours but I don't think there were any i should have taken for the colours I ended up with? I could have had a BG fastland at one point but there was no advantage to that over a swamp, and WG crimeland but I ended up playing neither of those colours.

Yeah I had a quick page pack through and I could have had a UR crimeland or BG fastland over Harrier Strix which maybe the UR would have been worth it for a free crime? Otherwise a COnduit Pylon over Murder or Tyrant's Scorn seems questionable at best, and I definitely could have had one over Nurturing Pixie in pack 1 but I think I was still justified in picking a solid W card there?

I was speaking generally but I would like to know your thoughts on these specific picks

P1p2 - decay, freestrider, throw, ashes, and the land are all better cards
P1p3 - bandit and mourners surprise are both way better
P1p6 - this is a no brainer pylon. Easiest pick of this draft so far you gotta take fixing here over a very medium creature
P1p8 - easy bog pick not close
P2p2 - you passed overwhelming forces????????????

Not going to line by line it after that but then you passed redrock sentinel or the b/g land for a medium common
Pack three if you had taken the good green black stuff mentioned above you get rewarded with clear shot, Vraska, cararantuala or tumbleweeds to fix. Passed another sentinel for some card you shouldn’t register. Pack with more g/b or u/r fixing gets passed for strix. P3p10 shows this again- paladin and dance wheeled. The draft was screaming at you to play green to fix but you locked in on two colors when sultai is a much better deck.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Dopplegang is a fun card. Opponent plays a Trumpeting dino that gets them the dragon that pings when creatures enter, pass turn. Dopplegang for 2, copy both and win on the spot. :toot:

edit: another fun one -- lost a game against a very greedy cheat deck, but only because I they did their thing, I copied their guy, and ended a turn with 14 cards in hand. Didn't know it was asking me to select cards to keep and not cards to discard so I timed out trying to correct my selection. Still, fun game, and comforting knowing I would have won.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 20, 2024

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Uh game, you ok there game?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I've had the same daily deals in the store the last few days. Is this a known thing or is my client hosed?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Judgy Fucker posted:

I've had the same daily deals in the store the last few days. Is this a known thing or is my client hosed?
The cards changed, but the avatars were there for the weekend as a special event for some D&D anniversary. Those should disappear today.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Drawing exactly one non land by turn nine is why people suspect the shuffler is rigged sometimes. Jesus christ

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Drawing exactly one non land by turn nine is why people suspect the shuffler is rigged sometimes. Jesus christ

Has that not ever happened to you in paper?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I bought a pack of magic cards for the first time since like 2020 this weekend.

I gotta say that Sexy Cowboy Oko is even better to see physically printed on a pack, than the digital asset. Those assets!

In other news I am enjoying the hell out of timeless, and it kind of makes me want to play paper again but then I laugh about the cost of a playset of Orcish Bowmasters which I crafted for almost nothing (I spend $20 per set, and have basically every format built to a large degree).

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

A Moose posted:

Has that not ever happened to you in paper?

people don't experience that level.of flood/screw because they do not sufficiently randomize their decks between games (insufficient shuffling, putting all lands on bottom and indirectly manaweaving). They also are able to play a lot more games than in paper so they'll see some of the very low probability draws that stick out

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Shrecknet posted:

people don't experience that level.of flood/screw because they do not sufficiently randomize their decks between games (insufficient shuffling, putting all lands on bottom and indirectly manaweaving). They also are able to play a lot more games than in paper so they'll see some of the very low probability draws that stick out

I’ll sufficiently randomize their deck though. Also you can just say they are cheating

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
In paper if that happened, you would just let that person go fish until they got a drat land. Non-games due to bad mana draws aren't fun for anyone, just a waste of time. Even in Draft I've offered and been offered that real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Khanstant posted:

In paper if that happened, you would just let that person go fish until they got a drat land. Non-games due to bad mana draws aren't fun for anyone, just a waste of time. Even in Draft I've offered and been offered that real.

lol absolutely not in anything with an entry. If we are at your kitchen table sure, but if I had to register you get to rot