Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

swords are either impossible to use or excessively dangerous for pretty much every piece of challenge content. the exceptions are rare and often have safer, more reliable alternatives. the lament nerf is worse than pointless and only builds more reliance on well. if they wanted to nerf lament in a meaningful way they should have gone after its damage, not its sustain. instead they just made it more of a pain in the rear end to use. the only real difference this will make is for people without well or bubble.

imo all sharpclubs need +health on hit as an intrinsic value because they're almost useless in anything that matters otherwise

also the divinity nerf is meaningless. the things it is being made weaker against were not good div targets in the first place and the things it was used for will be largely unaffected by this change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Kith posted:

swords are either impossible to use or excessively dangerous for pretty much every piece of challenge content. the exceptions are rare and often have safer, more reliable alternatives. the lament nerf is worse than pointless and only builds more reliance on well. if they wanted to nerf lament in a meaningful way they should have gone after its damage, not its sustain. instead they just made it more of a pain in the rear end to use. the only real difference this will make is for people without well or bubble.

imo all sharpclubs need +health on hit as an intrinsic value because they're almost useless in anything that matters otherwise

also the divinity nerf is meaningless. the things it is being made weaker against were not good div targets in the first place and the things it was used for will be largely unaffected by this change.
I agree completely with both. I have Lament set up on my Banner of War titan and it still isn't the end-game breaking piece of kit that I run in every scenario. The only bosses that's let me get close enough to use a sword in recent memory were Ecthar from Ghosts of the Deep, the first boss of Warlord's Ruin, first boss of Prophecy and Crota.

poo poo, I've done a lot of Onslaught and even in Normal mode, swords stop being good after wave 30. Every BoW titan I've run Onslaught with has been a liability after they run into their first Ogre wave, the first Tormentor shows up, or any given boss wave instagibs them for running into melee range.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Anyone know where to buy The Final Shape and the Annual Pass pre-order as cheap as possible?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sestze posted:

I agree completely with both. I have Lament set up on my Banner of War titan and it still isn't the end-game breaking piece of kit that I run in every scenario. The only bosses that's let me get close enough to use a sword in recent memory were Ecthar from Ghosts of the Deep, the first boss of Warlord's Ruin, first boss of Prophecy and Crota.

poo poo, I've done a lot of Onslaught and even in Normal mode, swords stop being good after wave 30. Every BoW titan I've run Onslaught with has been a liability after they run into their first Ogre wave, the first Tormentor shows up, or any given boss wave instagibs them for running into melee range.

I did a regular onslaught yesterday and a banner of war titan with a glaive kept dying constantly even at the first stages. The other dude was fine but not an A lister. I was on threading warlock so I pretty much was the only person killing things, where some stages I purposefully sandbagged to see how they would do. They died a lot. End score after 50 waves was 300-300-1000 kills, the most lopsided ratio I've ever experienced in a group activity in this game. It was fun but I feel bad for these doofuses

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Spanish Manlove posted:

I did a regular onslaught yesterday and a banner of war titan with a glaive kept dying constantly even at the first stages. The other dude was fine but not an A lister. I was on threading warlock so I pretty much was the only person killing things, where some stages I purposefully sandbagged to see how they would do. They died a lot. End score after 50 waves was 300-300-1000 kills, the most lopsided ratio I've ever experienced in a group activity in this game. It was fun but I feel bad for these doofuses
Yeah I've run some melee builds in Onslaught but I always chicken out when the extinguish modifier kicks in. If I'm not anchoring for my team during boss fights or in specific ADU defense situations (Looking at you Suicide Shank/Heavy Shank/Tormentor 39/49 waves) I'm destined to return to orbit.

Would like to shoutout how good Eyes of Tomorrow is for saturating enemy spawns on Mothyards. I can relocate to the middle of the map, get a good bead on most spawns that happen, and hit 4+ enemies per volley, giving me infinite power ammo.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Same old bottom line of Bungie crutching on insta-gibbing you to make stuff difficult. I’m sure the content creators who have enough play time to memorize where every shot lands will eat it up.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Atraks isn't a good target for Lament now that Parasite and Grand Overture exists. So it's basically limited to Crota, Riven cheese and a handful of dungeon bosses that nobody should base weapon balance on.

Likewise Divinity isn't really used that much after the weakness nerf and LFRs got dethroned as the #1 boss DPS option.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Anyone know where to buy The Final Shape and the Annual Pass pre-order as cheap as possible?

Well, it depends on your platform. Expansions themself do not transfer between platforms even if you enabled cross-save. However season pass for some reason does transfer. As well as your weapon inventory/stash. But subclasses don't. Also, re-check this info before trying shenanigans they could change something.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Green Man Gaming had a 20 dollar discount when I pre-ordered back in 2023, hopefully it's still discounted.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Snapes N Snapes posted:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/dlc/destiny-2-the-final-shape 15% off (while I am logged in)
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/destiny-2-the-final-shape-annual-pass 20% off with max humble bundle choice discount (might need a friend or goon to purchase for you to get that rate, also just expansion at same 20% discount is there)
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/destiny-2-the-final-shape-annual-pass-pc/ 16% off while logged into account, might need to have some level of purchases from there before discount applies. There was also a 3% extra discount monthly coupon you can use putting it closer to humble choice discount.
That's the ones I know of and have used when I was looking for a discount, but there's also GameBillet, IndieGala Store that have some discounts going on.
https://isthereanydeal.com/game/destiny-2-the-final-shape-and-annual-pass/info/

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
As a pretty mediocre player that loves to crutch on survivability gimmicks, I will be sad to see Lament’s crutch get pared back. It was the ultra lazy option on Duality first and last encounter, and I mainly use it to carry blueberries to Gjallarhorn and/or its catalyst for the Ogre and final boss in Grasp. Guessing it’ll still survive the ogre, but depending on how many adds are up on the final boss I can see it getting me killed. Certainly funny to run Loreley, 10 Resilience, double arc resist for that boss and have Lament in my back pocket when I just go to the middle to tank the room and murder the marauder for his engrams. Despite being like “here’s a safe spot, don’t follow me to the middle, you can help by killing the shank” probably 80% of people yeauleax in with me and die. Will be interesting to see if I can still keep myself up, I don’t have a good mental picture of how often Lament saves me in there. May have to run healing grenade ffs.

It may have a bigger impact on someone using as the primary healing mechanism, idk. It’s always the last thing for me, to the point where for fights where I don’t necessarily need stacked survivability, it’s the first to go. Like shattered throne I do the whole thing with an eager edge sword just for the utility and don’t miss Lament. I don’t run healing grenade so I guess I can make up for any loss that way, my grenades aren’t super critical anyhow and are just afterthoughts when I am messing around or carrying stuff. I’ve learned to love them on solar hunter and warlock this season, but for Titan on low to mid content, sunspots from hammers are enough to carry the day. No comment on actual challenging content I guess.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

As long as they leave Vexcalibur alone I’m cool.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

The quest to get Divinity should exempt it from ever being nerfed, that poo poo is a loving pain in the rear end and required herding loving cats.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

minusX posted:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/dlc/destiny-2-the-final-shape 15% off (while I am logged in)
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/destiny-2-the-final-shape-annual-pass 20% off with max humble bundle choice discount (might need a friend or goon to purchase for you to get that rate, also just expansion at same 20% discount is there)
https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/destiny-2-the-final-shape-annual-pass-pc/ 16% off while logged into account, might need to have some level of purchases from there before discount applies. There was also a 3% extra discount monthly coupon you can use putting it closer to humble choice discount.
That's the ones I know of and have used when I was looking for a discount, but there's also GameBillet, IndieGala Store that have some discounts going on.
https://isthereanydeal.com/game/destiny-2-the-final-shape-and-annual-pass/info/

Thanks a lot! Saw a discount on Instant Gaming but that was looking sletchy so hard pass on that!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0r0mUg1jck

First and only heavy trace rifle.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 16, 2024

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Good, there should be heavy versions of everything

Orv
May 4, 2011

haveblue posted:

Good, there should be heavy versions of everything

I'm very curious if that "Golden Gun as a sniper rifle" idea survived the delay. Surely if so it's a heavy sniper, right? That or it's special and bad.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Orv posted:

I'm very curious if that "Golden Gun as a sniper rifle" idea survived the delay. Surely if so it's a heavy sniper, right? That or it's special and bad.

https://x.com/destinybulletn/status/1791128852770480426?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

Yes maybe? Not sure if they’re just reposting the old concept again.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The nerfs will be forgotten about after release like every other nerf and things will be fine.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sestze posted:

Yeah I've run some melee builds in Onslaught but I always chicken out when the extinguish modifier kicks in.
Onslaught has too many explosive mobs to let a melee build work.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

RBX posted:

The nerfs will be forgotten about after release like every other nerf and things will be fine.

I'm still thinking about the go slow update

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Paracelsus posted:

Onslaught has too many explosive mobs to let a melee build work.

My Wormgods-wearing Banner Titan would like to dispute this. Rounds are on a rotation, just don't go punchy in the exploder rounds.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

I feel like there's probably a better way to sell this exotic. Like, there's clearly something going on in addition to bonus damage vs shields but they're really leaning on Enhanced Adaptive Munitions as the pitch.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

JackGeneric posted:

I feel like there's probably a better way to sell this exotic. Like, there's clearly something going on in addition to bonus damage vs shields but they're really leaning on Enhanced Adaptive Munitions as the pitch.

The pitch is:

Heavy trace rifle. It's Leviathan's Breath, but a trace rifle.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Also it's an unreleased expansion there's almost certainly mechanics that haven't been revealed to us that they're not spoiling in a 10 second exotic teaser. But marketers gotta look useful somehow, I guess.

Gnarly Sheen
Jun 25, 2015

I'm ITT

JackGeneric posted:

Calling it now-
Breaking shields/barriers refunds ammo to the mag and charges your prismatic meter

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

FlapYoJacks posted:

The pitch is:

Heavy trace rifle. It's Leviathan's Breath, but a trace rifle.

Yeah I guess the draw is that its very ammo efficient? Like id expect a heavy exotic trace do have the highest overall damage when using all ammo+reserves,

but then again maybe the lowest DPS lol

Looks ugly as sin too. Mall ninja lookin mfer

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

EVGA Longoria posted:

My Wormgods-wearing Banner Titan would like to dispute this. Rounds are on a rotation, just don't go punchy in the exploder rounds.

This. You chill out for a few seconds and see what's spawning in, and if it's explodey boyos, you continue to chill out and plink, otherwise BoW is go

Sestze posted:

Every BoW titan I've run Onslaught with has been a liability after they run into their first Ogre wave, the first Tormentor shows up, or any given boss wave instagibs them for running into melee range.

Are you using public matchmaking, because yeah, your average blueberry is a liability on any of that poo poo no matter what class they're using

As for handling Ogres (especially the big ones guarding mine waves) as a BoW titan:

Apply blind, pop super, and if there's any Ogres still standing when the super is done, you weren't Synthoceptsing enough -- but that's okay, you can always reapply blind and clean up with a heavy.

If someone leeroys into an Ogre at -15 or more without some kind of blind/suspend/DR then they deserve what they get.

e: FWIW I do tend to think that titans as a whole are overly built into melee and that Bungie needs to rethink the risk/reward ratio there -- make melee less risky, make melee more rewarding to match the risk, or give Titans better options for ranged play. But the current r/destinythegame zeitgeist of "Titans are a liability in Onslaught" is hilariously bad reasoning from a bunch of lazy fucks who just want to be carried to loot by Orpheus Rig and Well without having to actually think about all the toys in their sandbox.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 16, 2024

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

So getting the Godslayer title isn't gonna be possible for 99% of players on account of it being hard as poo poo right? My fireteam got to strugglin' on dps on caretaker week 2. Couldn't make the bonus time. And that's only on -10...

Snapes N Snapes fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 17, 2024

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Snapes N Snapes posted:

So getting the Godslayer title isn't gonna be possible for 99% of players on account of it being hard as poo poo right? My fireteam got to strugglin' on dps on caretaker week 2. Couldn't make the bonus time. And that's only on -10...

Yes, it will get harder. Contest Caretaker required our group to fully expend heavy on every level, and then switch to Outbreak Perfected on the final stand as we were dry of everything.

On the other hand, you know the strategies to make the fight work and for caretaker the fight is barely different.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Horsebanger posted:

Yes, it will get harder. Contest Caretaker required our group to fully expend heavy on every level, and then switch to Outbreak Perfected on the final stand as we were dry of everything.

On the other hand, you know the strategies to make the fight work and for caretaker the fight is barely different.

But what if I'm better than you, how hard can it be?
(also we have Surges now, along with clap twice and spin around for a extra bonus rotating buffs)

If you were struggling with previous weeks of Pantheon this is the week where the power malus really starts kicking in, we're up to ~60% increase in damage taken and ~35% decrease in damage done (before surge/overcharge/classwarfare/shot caller/whatever), plus even more bosses to get through.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Deconstruct is now Prewind Round :thunk:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Grand overture made caretaker Free this week, but Planet Boss was a huge rear end bitch. So much HP!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Can you go back and do the previous versions of Pantheon? (I have never clicked on that node)

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

hiddenriverninja posted:

Can you go back and do the previous versions of Pantheon? (I have never clicked on that node)

Yes, you can.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Sure why not. A golden gun sniper rifle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhNlP9rIOoQ

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
If you can, use the riven wishes to buy one of each holiday memento to have in your inventory at TFS start. They’re going to become permanent unlocks for crafted guns but only if you have them on you.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

desperately want something i give a poo poo about to appear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash