Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

gently caress yeah, paddle boats rule

e: what a loving snipe lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Horsebanger posted:

Yes, it will get harder. Contest Caretaker required our group to fully expend heavy on every level, and then switch to Outbreak Perfected on the final stand as we were dry of everything.

On the other hand, you know the strategies to make the fight work and for caretaker the fight is barely different.

The main difference between this and contest is we have surges active and you absolutely need to lean on them hard. I think the best time to get godslayer will be on the last week when solar surge is back around. We have arc this week and honestly it kinda sucks for damage options.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Kith posted:

desperately want something i give a poo poo about to appear

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hello Kith it's me, your pal, let's rent a paddle boat

hello can we upgrade to a canoe? i'll row an oar

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

:hmmyes:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The main difference between this and contest is we have surges active and you absolutely need to lean on them hard. I think the best time to get godslayer will be on the last week when solar surge is back around. We have arc this week and honestly it kinda sucks for damage options.

Surges, but you have to two-phase. It's kinda fun but it has the eternal problem of "The activity is solved in Orbit" and somebody has to quarterback the hell out of all 6 people's loadouts in the -15 and -20 versions...

Arc was nice for caretaker and atraks but not so great on the rest. Solar is king, and void is... let's just say it's pretty clear why they gave us two weeks to beat the highest difficulty!

Also, are they timegating the Outbreak Perfected quest into The Final Shape?! I have Corruption Spreads I, and there are II, III, and IV to earn in future weeks? Even if it's not going anywhere, that's a strange choice to have us visiting Ada and running Zero Hour amid TFS. Not gonna be fun to beat it on Legend when we have no artifact abilities, haha

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Void would be way worse without edge transit being released this season Oops all Leviathan!

They should do the extra perk quests once per week, which imo is pretty tight. There's only three to earn rapid, wewind, and headseeker because it has outlaw or whatever there at base.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Did Zen Meteor have the requirement that you couldn't miss any shot to get the super bullet?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kith posted:

e: what a loving snipe lmao

nobody cares that your post was the first one on the page

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

It’s okay paddle boats do indeed rule

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Spanish Manlove posted:

clearly you do if you're pointing it out :hehe:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kith posted:

desperately want something i give a poo poo about to appear

Fighting Lion....but...heavy?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

I am going to use this with Cenotaph Mask and Acasia's Dejection

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

My posting experience is incredibly enhanced bc he was first actually

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

The exotics they've shown seem fine, I'll play with them, but also at this point I am just far more interested in playing the campaign and whatever new bits they give us.

In all honesty my little gripe is leaning really hard on the nostalgia, having people go "oh poo poo that's better devils I know that!" Etc. cause I really don't care that much about reissued stuff. Like I'll use it and like it if it's good for sure, but for me it's just new stuff, there's no nostalgia cause I came in late and so it doesn't hit at all for me.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

PERMACAV 50 posted:

If you can, use the riven wishes to buy one of each holiday memento to have in your inventory at TFS start. They’re going to become permanent unlocks for crafted guns but only if you have them on you.
Motherf... Just spent my last one. Where did it say this?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

PERMACAV 50 posted:

If you can, use the riven wishes to buy one of each holiday memento to have in your inventory at TFS start. They’re going to become permanent unlocks for crafted guns but only if you have them on you.

This is a misread of yesterday’s TWID. Mementos will now be a stat kept in menus similar to Synthweave or Glimmer, as opposed to taking up an inventory slot as they do now, and you will be able to keep three of each at a time.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also, are they timegating the Outbreak Perfected quest into The Final Shape?! I have Corruption Spreads I, and there are II, III, and IV to earn in future weeks? Even if it's not going anywhere, that's a strange choice to have us visiting Ada and running Zero Hour amid TFS. Not gonna be fun to beat it on Legend when we have no artifact abilities, haha

The first vault puzzle is available now and gives Corruption Spreads II (barrel unlocks).
That leaves two more weeks for two more vault puzzles for III/IV (and to unlock the ship).

How to unlock the first vault (skip to 4:30 or so):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFKEitL-fRQ

Solution for the vault once you get there (and likely solutions for weeks 2/3, if they're the same as the old Zero Hour):

https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/1cs2lo3/outbreak_perfected_vault_puzzles/

You can do the vault puzzles on Normal mode, without having to fight the final boss.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 18, 2024

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

ullerrm posted:

The first vault puzzle is available now and gives Corruption Spreads II (barrel unlocks).
That leaves two more weeks for two more vault puzzles for III/IV (and to unlock the ship).

How to unlock the first vault (skip to 4:30 or so):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFKEitL-fRQ

Solution for the vault once you get there (and likely solutions for weeks 2/3, if they're the same as the old Zero Hour):

https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/1cs2lo3/outbreak_perfected_vault_puzzles/

You can do the vault puzzles on Normal mode, without having to fight the final boss.

Oh nice, thank you! I heard the puzzle was just for the ship, so that's excellent news.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Pirate Jet posted:

This is a misread of yesterday’s TWID. Mementos will now be a stat kept in menus similar to Synthweave or Glimmer, as opposed to taking up an inventory slot as they do now, and you will be able to keep three of each at a time.

quote:

We've received a lot of feedback on weapon mementos, especially as new mementos have released in our seasonal events. In The Final Shape, we have a few changes coming that impact how you store mementos and apply them to your weapons.

Crafted and enhanced weapons will no longer need to visit the Relic on Mars to apply mementos. Players can apply the memento of their choosing directly in the weapon inspection screen.
Memento stack cap limits will be raised from 1 to 3.
Mementos will no longer be stored alongside the player's consumables. When The Final Shape launches, your mementos under consumables will show as faded. Then, once the faded memento is dismantled, you'll see +1 memento added in the weapon inspection screen as a virtual currency. For players who figured out how to get around the original memento stack size limits, this will allow you to dismantle all those mementos safely, even if you temporarily go over the intended stack limit of three. If you are holding three (or more) of a particular memento, it will not drop again until you spend your mementos to be under the stack size limit of three.

Fair enough, but you’ll still want to have one of each in your inventory at TFS.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

So, basically an old school pirate ship cannon?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, basically an old school pirate ship cannon?

Good news!

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Oxyclean posted:

i desperately want titan exotics that i give a poo poo about

alternately just titan subclass reworks to parse down the five (5) [V] {||||} roaming melee supers, one of which is Actually Useless and one of which is Useless Unless You're Using An Exploit

e: arguably purple flavor is also Actually Useless

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Just watch TFS raid will have a continuously moving damage phase where you're under fire that Banner purple not green will be perfect for

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Fair enough, but you’ll still want to have one of each in your inventory at TFS.

??
It's just saying any current mementos in your inventory will be convertible to currency. If you have one memento before TFS you'll have one after TFS.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Hackan Slash posted:

Just watch TFS raid will have a continuously moving damage phase where you're under fire that Banner purple not green will be perfect for

I WAS SO EXCITED FOR VOW OF THE DISCIPLE BECAUSE CARETAKER SEEMED LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR BANNER SHIELD

AND THEN THE SOLUTION WAS TO SIMPLY BRING MORE WELLS

:smithicide:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Unless the Final Shape brings in deep player HP pools and actual survivability for each class the solution is always going to be bring more wells.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Gonna pre-empt the usual followup comments and clarify that this always refers to Legendary/Master/Contest mode, yes you can skip wells on Easy Mode, yes it's voluntary to play hard modes, yes the people talking about hard modes want to play hard modes, etc

Well is one of the worst things to happen to this game, particularly for Warlocks

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

bubble is rear end[1]
sentinel shield is rear end[2]

Void Titan is the worst subclass in the game[1]

[1] applies only to PVE
[2] applies to anything even patrols in the EDZ

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Void Titan is real good in PvE, the issue is you need to bring some way to jump start your loop when a teammate kills your add this is every class ever, but it's really pronounced here

Vexcaliber has some fun builds, and Peregrine tears through tough stuff

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

pvp is the smallest part of the game by a very wide margin so saying something is only true in pve is like saying air is only important for some things

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Void Titan > Stasis Titan

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
My god, Nightfall strikes (just the normal "hero" ones even) have been a hairpulling experience, I can only ever seem to have only 2 out 3 of the modifiers that I need to kill champions at any given time. I'm getting one-shot left and right, seconds after being revived. Sheesh! Is the takeaway just STAY the gently caress behind cover? Any other tips in general? blah

Gaylor Moon fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 18, 2024

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

GMs are 99% peekshooting and 1% overpowered builds that evaporate everything. if you don't have the latter, you're going to be doing a lot of the former. get a scout rifle you like and hug that cover, guardian!

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Gaylor Moon posted:

My god (just normal ones even) Nightfall strikes have been a hairpulling experience, I can only ever seem to have 2/3 modifiers I need to kill champions. Just getting one shot seconds after being revived. Sheesh! Is the takeway just STAY the gently caress behind cover? Any other tips in general, blah

Nightfalls will generally only have 2 of the 3 champion types. When you select the nightfall there's a list of modifiers, one of them tells you which champions you need to expect. Each faction only has 2 of the 3 champion types available.

But yes, nightfalls are pretty much the first activity with difficulty modifiers(i THINK hero has some, though I can't remember for sure). For example this week has "Void threat" so you take 25% extra damage from void, so you want to make sure you have your void resist mods on your chest. You also wanna be sure you're at 100 resil in PVE -- nothing really requires it per se but it's a flat 30% damage reduction and it's easy to get without affecting disc/str so it's worth it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Always have 100 resilience in PvE since there is never a benefit to dying

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
It's important to know when certain champions show up on a nightfall strike and having some way to counter them immediately when they do, either with abilities, artifact mods, or exotics with intrinsic anti-champion traits.

This season it's really easy to get anti-barrier with radiant (makes your weapons anti-barrier) by using a solar primary to proc it. If your solar primary (like sunshot) uses an artifact champion mod (like unstoppable handcannon) you can switch to another weapon that doesn't have any anti-champion mods or traits. So you could proc it with sunshot, and then switch to the strand fusion rifle Scattersignal and radiant will cause it to be anti-barrier despite not being a solar weapon.

It's also important that you don't run double primary weapons, you need a special weapon to kill majors and champions.

Here's a solid and easy to acquire setup that works with pretty much every build due to artifact mods this season:

Kinetic slot: Scatter Signal strand fusion rifle (DPSing majors and champs, also for breaking anti-barrier shields with radiant)

Energy slot: either of the solar handcannons Trust or Epochal Integration (anti-unstoppable from artifact mod)

Heavy slot: Dragons Breath exotic solar rocket launcher (Boss and champ DPS, anti-overload rockets from artifact mods)

With these mods and weapons you can deal with all 3 champions.

Scatter Signal is from Season of the Wish, Trust is from Gambit, Epochal Integration is from a Strand quest from nimbus, and Dragons Breath from season pass.

Important armor mods:

Solar/Strand dual Syphon mod to generate orbs with all 3 of your weapons. From artifact mods.

Solar Surge for higher damage with primary weapon and heavy weapon.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The EZ no Re option for Nightfalls this season is Polaris Lance. With the artifact mods this season, Polaris Lance does:

- repeated precision hits grant you Radiant, upping your damage and piercing Barrier Champions
- every five precision hits triggers an ignition, stunning Unstoppable champions
- every precision hit while Radiant adds stacks of Scorch onto the enemy, and when they get enough Scorch on them, another ignition happens

All of this while getting to stay away at a safe distance from encounters. My go-to build all season has been Polaris Lance, a crafted Apex Predator with Anti-Overload Rocket Launcher and Argent Ordnance, and either a Mountaintop or Scatter Signal, while playing a Solar Titan with Precious Scars. On lower difficulty content I will swap the Polaris Lance with Tommy’s Matchbook.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pirate Jet posted:

Void Titan > Stasis Titan

Oh are we just making things up now? Ok I’ll go next:

Arc hunter is bad.

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
Ohhh they usually only have 2 out of the 3 each champ type each week and not all at once rolled into 1 nightfall?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Always have 100 resilience in PvE since there is never a benefit to dying

That...I actually didn't think of at all, I just stacked mobility to past 100 because I saw it marked as "class stat" so I assumed it was of utmost importance. :sweatdrop: I'll definitely start stacking resilience bcz yeah I was falling into a loop there of getting 1 or 2 shot, getting rezzed, getting 1 or 2 shot, repeat.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Arc hunter is bad.

EVERYONE SAYS THIS; you can do some fun poo poo with Liar's Handshake and making a melee build lol

Thanks for the tips guys; definitely trying to get used to all the extra stuff needed for endgame and trying to take these champion assholes down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Gaylor Moon posted:

EVERYONE SAYS THIS; you can do some fun poo poo with Liar's Handshake and making a melee build lol

That build (and a similar one on Titan) is very strong up to certain levels of difficulty, and then above that it completely falls to pieces because you have to be exposed to the enemies to punch them and they can kill you near-instantaneously.

Very strong in Gambit, though; you can solo waves if your teammates aren't bogarting your initial kills. Just watch out for shriekers if you're facing hive.