Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

My easy mode solution for champs is to run Solar with a Rocket for heavy and HC as my primary and whatever special of choice and just acrobat dodge when I need that anti-barrier, or run Stasis and carry a sidearm or exotic with anti-barrier. I also do either when I play any match made stuff with champs because you cannot rely on teammates to have any sort of anti-champ technology apparently.

Also kill well and let the common people figure it out. Just zoop, gone, no more. Whatever anger and pain it causes should really be no more than all the complaints about well anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Kith posted:

i desperately want titan exotics that i give a poo poo about

alternately just titan subclass reworks to parse down the five (5) [V] {||||} roaming melee supers, one of which is Actually Useless and one of which is Useless Unless You're Using An Exploit

e: arguably purple flavor is also Actually Useless

That’s the reason why I’m excited for Twilight Arsenal, even if the end of it is a pseudo roaming super with the leftover axes I’m hoping it’ll be a nice burst super

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

yeah that's where i'm at too. desperately hoping that the relic weapon portion of it doesn't get too much emphasis, that would piss me off enormously

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

It is going to be part of Prismatic, so theoretically you could get the “Spirit of Stareater” exotic to boost the damage, too

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I haven't engaged much with the focusing exotic armor stuff at rahool. Is anything with that changing in the final shape that I should know about?

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

el B posted:

I haven't engaged much with the focusing exotic armor stuff at rahool. Is anything with that changing in the final shape that I should know about?
To get completely new exotic armour pieces in TFS, you'll have to focus them at Rahool (you won't be able to get them from lost sectors or the Vex event anymore, until you first unlock them at Rahool), and only after unlocking a higher tier of his focusing by filling his vendor rep track. One of the ways of getting rep with him will be to focus or open exotic engrams, so a lot of people are stocking up on them before TFS launches so they can unlock that ASAP.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Halibut Barn posted:

To get completely new exotic armour pieces in TFS, you'll have to focus them at Rahool (you won't be able to get them from lost sectors or the Vex event anymore, until you first unlock them at Rahool), and only after unlocking a higher tier of his focusing by filling his vendor rep track. One of the ways of getting rep with him will be to focus or open exotic engrams, so a lot of people are stocking up on them before TFS launches so they can unlock that ASAP.

I've been hoarding exotic engrams for the last couple of seasons because of my worms. So you're saying I should continue to hoard and that will help my vendor rep next season?

Is there any reason I should try to focus anything now? I think I get what you're saying.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol hopped back into Crucible for the first time in months and immediately hit a guy with an infinite ammo Tarrabah sweeping it through walls :allears:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol hopped back into Crucible for the first time in months and immediately hit a guy with an infinite ammo Tarrabah sweeping it through walls :allears:

pvp is in a very good spot and is very important to destiny

SgtSteel91 posted:

It is going to be part of Prismatic, so theoretically you could get the “Spirit of Stareater” exotic to boost the damage, too

i could. but i'm not going to. prismatic doesn't get controlled demolition and therefore i don't care about it

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Gaylor Moon posted:

Ohhh they usually only have 2 out of the 3 each champ type each week and not all at once rolled into 1 nightfall?

That...I actually didn't think of at all, I just stacked mobility to past 100 because I saw it marked as "class stat" so I assumed it was of utmost importance. :sweatdrop: I'll definitely start stacking resilience bcz yeah I was falling into a loop there of getting 1 or 2 shot, getting rezzed, getting 1 or 2 shot, repeat.

EVERYONE SAYS THIS; you can do some fun poo poo with Liar's Handshake and making a melee build lol

Thanks for the tips guys; definitely trying to get used to all the extra stuff needed for endgame and trying to take these champion assholes down
If the weekly nightfall has all 3 champ types, it'll tell you. Those are rare though, and I don't think any are in rotation this particular season.

Any Nightfall that's a reprised Battlegrounds map has a near-infinite spawn of smaller enemies that are still quite potent due to the difficulty modifiers. Regular nightfalls can still be difficult, but there'll be caps on how many enemies you'll face at certain points.

Also, if you are keen on keeping the Arc Hunter build going, maxing out resilience and leaning into Assassin's Cowl are both good options. Combination Blow stacks damage just fine without needing Liar's Handshake.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is the Zero Hour maze randomly generated or something? I just lost like three minutes on a run that failed at the boss because the maze was different and, nice little loving surprise to find out after I already started, you can't go back and check the solution after you enter the maze.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MJeff posted:

Is the Zero Hour maze randomly generated or something? I just lost like three minutes on a run that failed at the boss because the maze was different and, nice little loving surprise to find out after I already started, you can't go back and check the solution after you enter the maze.

It chooses from one of three; check the wall to know what it is

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RBA Starblade posted:

It chooses from one of three; check the wall to know what it is

Figures. Yeah, when I went to check, the door had closed behind me.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
In Portuguese but gets the point across:

Legend and Normal are different; the path changes with the elemental burn that day.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Finally guilded glorious! Buckled down and used NTTE and Drang and carried my teammates in many many matches. :woop:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Jesus Christ Trials of Osiris is easily the most lovely game mode in Destiny. Irritating it has guns I want.

Could be removed from the game and nothing would be lost.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
How did Bungie determine that getting curb stomped by pvp tryhards in a game mode based on getting wins is supposed to be fun

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Move Trials weapons to Onslaught so people can choose PvP or PvE for them, this is something absolutely no one will have a problem with.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Solo trials is very bad. Triple stacking is easy street.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

FlapYoJacks posted:

Finally guilded glorious! Buckled down and used NTTE and Drang and carried my teammates in many many matches. :woop:

Congratulations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Thanks! I hate using meta stuff, and normally run around trying new builds and off-meta poo poo. Almost 17,000 PvP kills on my NTTE makes most PvP matches ezpz.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

FlapYoJacks posted:

I hate using meta stuff, and normally run around trying new builds and off-meta poo poo.

The game is fun when you think of a stupid build and then make it work.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

life_source posted:

The game is fun when you think of a stupid build and then make it work.

:haibrow: symmetry with strand zipping around two-shotting is hilarious. It’s been my goto “fun” build for quite some time now!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Mustang posted:

How did Bungie determine that getting curb stomped by pvp tryhards in a game mode based on getting wins is supposed to be fun

IIRC Trials and the streams that came with it were Destiny's lifeline during major content droughts

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND

FlapYoJacks posted:

Solo trials is very bad. Triple stacking is easy street.

IDK, triple stacking runs the risk of running into evil 3stacks with gimmicks like triple ratking/invis/gl or triple behemoth.

I like playing solo queue because when I misplay I'm just letting down randoms instead of friends :(

I did enjoy the new map once I started getting used to which lanes to peek, and which to not. If you hold W down the main corridor you're probably gonna have a bad time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFJHRomem64

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Solo trials sucks because you inevitably get two of the dumbest Jims on the planet on your team with PvE gear and under leveled by twenty light levels. If you aren’t a 2.5 or above you won’t reliably win games in solo trials.

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND
I mean if you get two of the dumbest Jims on your team, it's possible to get them on the enemy team :haw:

I can't say I can reliably win a huge majority of games in solo trials, but as an apparently 1.3 KD player I can usually win enough to go to the lighthouse at least once a weekend (with luck or persistence)

It can definitely be an aggravating experience when you get a twostack on your team with sub tier 6 in every stat and all pve mods on, but I try to just take it in stride and focus on my gameplay.

I can't recommend it as a fun experience for everyone, but I like the challenge.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think it’s bad for the double extra competitive mode to have no SBMM and also have the culture of streaming and carries it does where people of average skill can have a run ended by stumbling into people vastly beyond their skill.

But it also doesn’t matter like, at all, so.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Trials is a lot better when you realize "going to the lighthouse" is an actual achievement that 99% of people aren't meant to get. Like contest mode raid clears, it's supposed to be an actual accomplishment that most players can't do.

And that's fine, as long as they make the experience rewarding enough to play even when losing. They've gone back and forth on this throughout history.

The secret to Trials enjoyment as not-a-sweat is to get 2 friends and matchmake. Not because it's more fun (though it probably is), but because the game literally gives you 2 50% drop chances after every match if you're in a 3 player fireteam. So every match, win or lose, will probably give you loot and/or an engram. Also, if you don't reset your card when you lose, you're in the flawed matchmaking pool, which is a soft distinction but should generally mean you're less likely to run into sweats and streamers. It's not a guarantee, but my experience running this way has been markedly different than resetting after every loss.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The secret to trials is to play Saturday morning when all the pvp degenerates are sleeping and you just had all the morning dad gamers to worry about.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The secret to trials is to play Saturday morning when all the pvp degenerates are sleeping and you just had all the morning dad gamers to worry about.

Look, if you could not out me for how I’ve ever got to the Lighthouse, that’d be great.

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
Okay, time to take a break for the last couple weeks so I'm not burned out when TFS drops. I've managed to get a few decent shinies, at least:

Not the best barrel and mag, and Rampage isn't the best damage perk, but eh, I'll take it. The one combo I'm still missing is Explosive + One-for-all; I have a Firefly + OFA, but I don't really like relying on precision kills for that.

I still haven't found an Auto-Loading + Recombination (though I do have an ALH + Vorpal), but this does alright.

Would be good for PvP I guess, though I'm not really good enough to get good use out of kill-triggered perks. I have a second shiny Elsie's with Repulsor + Desperate Measures that might be good for PvE; I'll have to test it when the pulse buff comes.

And while I'm at it, a few other notes on Brave weapons:

Luna's Howl: I got the Heal Clip + Incandescent combo, but I'm still kind of disappointed. It feels pretty good to use, but I did some comparisons of it against Epochal Integration in some master lost sectors, and Epochal just did better, especially at longer ranges.

The Recluse: I have a bunch of Subsistence/Repulsor + (various) combos, and I still need to test how well I can keep perks like Desperate Measures up, which should work well with my grenade-heavy builds like void warlock. Includes a Subsistence+Frenzy roll that I can turn into an enhanced Funnelweb 2.0, too.

Forbearance: I was lucky enough to get the Ambitious Assassin + Chain Reaction combo early on and, yeah, I get what all the fuss was about now... I already have over 3k kills on it just from using it in Onslaught. We'll have to wait and see how badly the Chain Reaction nerf hits it, but I have a few other rolls like Demolitionist + One-for-all that might be a good alternative. (I managed to find four shiny Forbearances...and they're all pretty much junk.)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Shiny Mountaintop is such a heartbreaker, since it means blast radius will be auto applied :negative:

I really wish we could reroll our masterworks, if they're gonna put options on there that objectively weaken the gun

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can’t we enhance that once final shape drops?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Mustang posted:

Jesus Christ Trials of Osiris is easily the most lovely game mode in Destiny. Irritating it has guns I want.
They need to add a set of Lost Sector specific guns that drop on Legend/Master and have Alacrity as an origin trait.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Is it weird if I actually prefer Overload to ALH on Mountaintop

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I will beat the Impulse Amplifier drum until I diiiie

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I will beat the Impulse Amplifier drum until I diiiie

I agree but it makes me want vorpal tbh

I have IA/Recom
And ALH/VORPAL

The opposite of what I desire

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Shiny Mountaintop is such a heartbreaker, since it means blast radius will be auto applied :negative:

I really wish we could reroll our masterworks, if they're gonna put options on there that objectively weaken the gun

The lowest blast radius MT can get is 85 so I don’t think it’s going to make that big of a difference. A full stack of Recombination is going to delete most non boss enemies anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mill Village posted:

The lowest blast radius MT can get is 85 so I don’t think it’s going to make that big of a difference. A full stack of Recombination is going to delete most non boss enemies anyway.

Yeah I'm not gonna force anyone to delete their roll because it does 10% less damage, it's just super lame on Bungie's part to have it be an option