Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

The Last Call posted:

Hey bro shut the gently caress up with being an rear end in a top hat when I didn't spoil poo poo.

Dont' be a whiny bitch.

You're talking about future events in a way that communicates information about those events. Even though it's not explicit, what you posted is still a spoiler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
"Things will happen in the future" is not a spoiler, goddamn.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

It's coy bullshit and sucks

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Megillah Gorilla posted:

"Things will happen in the future" is not a spoiler, goddamn.

No of course not, but the post's replying to another goon using knowledge of the source material in order to indicate how this trailer fits into "future" events.

I've not even read the comics, but it's pretty clear that they're saying that (spoiled because it's pretty clearly based on someone's comics knowledge, so don't click if you want to be on the safe side): this fourth season's capable of supporting a final battle between Homelander and Butcher because at least one of those characters dies before the final climax in the comics, hence the show continuing for another season beyond that. If that's even partly right I don't want to know, but I'm pretty sure I am right and therefore what they've said is basically a spoiler.

Frankly, goons can't be trusted to know where the line actually is when it comes to spoilers, so this coy future discussion conversion should be right out anyway.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I was vaguely referring to one specific situation.

And if you somehow can figure out what that specific situation is, my hat is going to be off to you.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Last Call posted:

I was vaguely referring to one specific situation.

And if you somehow can figure out what that specific situation is, my hat is going to be off to you.

From your post alone, unlikely.

But people love dropping hints like this and when enough do it becomes pretty easy often to realise what is being referred to.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Senor Tron posted:

From your post alone, unlikely.

But people love dropping hints like this and when enough do it becomes pretty easy often to realise what is being referred to.

This is true.

This is very true. A very well made point.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 12:23 on May 15, 2024

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Thread is doing well.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I think I know. Well, I think I thought I did but now I think the thought I thought I thought wasn't the thought I think the thought was.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Agreed

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Thread is doing well.

This is still leagues better than "Is Stormfront really a Nazi, really??"

Poopbutt
Aug 15, 2022

McSpanky posted:

This is still leagues better than "Is Stormfront really a Nazi, really??"

I'm still not sold on the whole Stormfront is a Nazi thing.

Why would the writers have the hero of the story fall in love with a Nazi? Seems pretty dumb to me.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

he's just a guy who fell for the wrong girl

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Love Sausage got it on with a Nazi?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

We already did all the "did Nazi that coming" jokes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Poopbutt posted:

I'm still not sold on the whole Stormfront is a Nazi thing.

Why would the writers have the hero of the story fall in love with a Nazi? Seems pretty dumb to me.

And like okay maybe she's a little conservative but she's cute and I can fix her.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
SS stands for Super Sex.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Monica Bellucci posted:

SS stands for Super Sex.

Himmler was all about the super sex, gotta make those Aryan babies!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Love Sausage got it on with a Nazi?

No, he was in a different scene. Still had that schlong to die for.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
crazy thought but u can watch a show u like and post about it

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Cranappleberry posted:

crazy thought but u can watch a show u like and post about it

In this subforum?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The good news is, we're getting close to the new season.

poo poo should be good.

You know if nothing else, it won't be boring.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I just rewatched the whole show

in season 1 butcher gives a speech that reveals his deep love and knowledge of the spice girls

in season 2 frenchy gives a speech that reveals his deep love and knowledge of the golden girls

unless I missed it there was nothing like this in season 3, but I'd really like them to continue in season 4 with mm giving an inspirational speech about the power puff girls

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Karl Urban really sells it, but Billy Butcher explaining about the magic of the spice girls, and Frenchie and MM just being utterly baffled is television magic.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Karl Urban being an over the top bastard is what makes the show work - even more than Anthony Starr's incredible mouth acting.

It's not easy finding someone who can genuinely pull off being a "right oval office" and yet still be charming enough to have others fight for him. Even if he is really bad at the latter.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

I just caught up with the show. Not a big fan of any of the characters except Soldier Boy. He was both a huge rear end in a top hat and awesome. I hope he returns.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Correct, all the characters are arseholes in some way. No one is 100% likeable.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

That sells the show short. Billy Butcher is awful, but Starlight and Wee Hughie are good people. Okay, so Wee Hughie blows someone up in the first season, but still.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Nah every single character except maybe Rebecca has at least one big gently caress up during the show

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

The_Doctor posted:

Correct, all the characters are arseholes in some way. No one is 100% likeable.

What's wrong with Kimiko?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I wanted more stuff like Kimiko playing Connect Four with Homelander's kid.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Monica Bellucci posted:

What's wrong with Kimiko?

Have you seen the people she hangs out with?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Karl Urban being an over the top bastard is what makes the show work - even more than Anthony Starr's incredible mouth acting.

It's not easy finding someone who can genuinely pull off being a "right oval office" and yet still be charming enough to have others fight for him. Even if he is really bad at the latter.
He always does this funny slow side nod when he's giving his little sermons to the other characters and it's great.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Rappaport posted:

Karl Urban really sells it, but Billy Butcher explaining about the magic of the spice girls, and Frenchie and MM just being utterly baffled is television magic.

He is so drat fantastic at what he does. The man puts in the work .

Was still willing to do the Dredd sequel and show if it was made. Alas, it was not to be.

If someone deserves to be more popular, it's definitely him. He has the talent and capability.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 19, 2024

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
It cannot be underestimated how much he absolutely nailed the Dredd Frown, much less every other aspect of the performance. Wish we had more, but glad for what we got.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

The Last Call posted:

Was still willing to do the Dredd sequel and show if it was made. Alas, it was not to be.

Dredd was amazing and anyone who missed it should seek it out. Tragedy it didn't do better at the box office.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Pixelante posted:

Dredd was amazing and anyone who missed it should seek it out. Tragedy it didn't do better at the box office.

Yeah, Urban and Olivia Thirlby would have been so good in a long-running series.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Pixelante posted:

Saw it with the brother.

Absolutely loved it.

The 3D was pretty drat cool at times too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dredd really was amazing, and I so wish we could have gotten more.

I'm also a fan of his McCoy, and it's kinda cool that he's got to be a fairly major character in something like Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, got to play Dredd, and of course is so good in The Boys.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The Last Call posted:

Saw it with the brother.

Absolutely loved it.

The 3D was pretty drat cool at times too.

The 3D was the reason why Dredd didn't do as well as it should have. The makers took the decision to only distribute the film in 3D, so people who didn't like the gimmick didn't go and there were less screens that it could be shown on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Dredd really was amazing, and I so wish we could have gotten more.

I'm also a fan of his McCoy, and it's kinda cool that he's got to be a fairly major character in something like Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, got to play Dredd, and of course is so good in The Boys.

I guess this is another dumb case of goon face blindness, but I can't believe he's the guy from LOTR and Billy Butcher. Of course the costuming is just amazing on Butcher, and was in the LOTR too, so you see the character rather than the dude, but Urban really gets under your skin as Butcher.

For a teevee show, he's written really well too. He chose to protect the kid instead of trying to murder him, and they show it on the screen that he considered murdering the kid. He's a real son of a bitch and he cruelly manipulates people around him, but he's not a complete monster. Well maybe after deceiving Wee Hughie about the drugs, but not a complete monster.