Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax
people can do whatever they want to their bodies. but when you force me to cater to your invented "needs" or refer to you as a woman, then we run into issues troons!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Legit ask-a-troon question: have you guys ever had the "btw I'm trans" talk with someone that you were hoping to get in a relationship with, and then get dropped like a hot coal? As in, you really thought that the relationship would have gotten somewhere if the whole trans thing wouldn't have gotten in the way?

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

acephalousuniverse posted:

Please post it. Question in meantime, do you feel as if the fact that you advocate that trans people should not be proud of their identities and instead take a pill to nullify that identity is on a basic level in contradiction to the goals of PRIDE

Perhaps, just maybe, I should be proud of my crippling schizophrenia and embrace the voices :D

acephalousuniverse
Nov 4, 2012

Maoist Pussy posted:

She's just asking questions!

Do you have any real examples, posted before you said ppl itt advocate rape? It seems like you don't

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Please post it. Question in meantime, do you feel as if the fact that you advocate that trans people should not be proud of their identities and instead take a pill to nullify that identity is on a basic level in contradiction to the goals of PRIDE

PRIDE is trying to advance the rights and freedoms of those in the LGBTQ community. I would imagine that, yes, it would be a contradiction to their goals in some ways, in others it would be the ultimate victory. Because if the person was able to match the gender they were meant to be from the get go, they would have all the rights, freedoms, etc, and none of the institutionalized oppression faced by the LGBTQ community. It stands to reason that fixing the individual is easier than fixing the community with such a small percentage of individuals in the trans community.

Edit: Part 3/12 done.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

psyopmonkey posted:

I feel like an individual because I am one, not because I look a certain way.

Just in case you people forgot that the Op, and by extension, all troons are hypocrits.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Gimbal lock posted:

Legit ask-a-troon question: have you guys ever had the "btw I'm trans" talk with someone that you were hoping to get in a relationship with, and then get dropped like a hot coal? As in, you really thought that the relationship would have gotten somewhere if the whole trans thing wouldn't have gotten in the way?

I havent been in many relationships. The ones I have been in I told the person before the first date. One guy said he wasnt interested after I told him and we stopped talking amicably. The other said she didnt care and was rather interested. We dated for a little while and then I had to move overseas again. Shes still a facebook friend though and is big into LGBT stuff now.

Its not as "ERMAHGAWD INSANITY RAPE RAPE DEATH CATS BEATINGS" as people are making it out to be.

Just act like an adult and it goes fine.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

I love everyone, not "those folks". I just want them to get better. So I do what any good person does, which is support the community until such time that we can remove their problems entirely.

Y'ever say any of this out loud when they're around? I bet that you don't. I figure you probably realize that they would react with hostility to the idea that they need to be fixed with your magic drug. You've expressed as much numerous times already. And of course, you don't for second consider that maybe they might have a point, and instead choose to believe that this hostility would just be them being angry at you for not being the perfect ally. So you're all smiles and sunshine when they're around, because otherwise they might become ungrateful for all the surely wonderful work that you've done. You think they can't handle this truth that is so self-evident to you.

They're better off without you.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

the gender they were meant to be from the get go

This is where people are going to see things differently.

acephalousuniverse
Nov 4, 2012

PRIDE is trying to advance the rights and freedoms of those in the LGBTQ community. I would imagine that, yes, it would be a contradiction to their goals in some ways, in others it would be the ultimate victory. Because if the person was able to match the gender they were meant to be from the get go, they would have all the rights, freedoms, etc, and none of the institutionalized oppression faced by the LGBTQ community. It stands to reason that fixing the individual is easier than fixing the community with such a small percentage of individuals in the trans community.

Edit: Part 3/12 done.

Your solution for eliminating bigotry is to eliminate the group that is being victimized, in other words

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

psyopmonkey posted:

Just act like an adult and it goes fine.

Rapist do rationalize their rapes often. Good to see you fit in with rapists.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
there's a bunch of retarded faggots in here, but forums user acephalousuniverse may be the biggest retarded human being of all, eclipsing even the faggots that cut their own dicks off...

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Snatch Duster posted:

Rapist do rationalize their rapes often. Good to see you fit in with rapists.

acephalousuniverse
Nov 4, 2012

killyoureparents posted:

there's a bunch of retarded faggots in here, but forums user acephalousuniverse may be the biggest retarded human being of all, eclipsing even the faggots that cut their own dicks off...

im def a human being, and i'd like to repost my request that you please post more wannabe fyad memes because all of the ones youve posted so far are very funny

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

psyopmonkey posted:

The other said she didnt care and was rather interested.

Interestingly enough the ones who would date troons have hosts of their own problems. typically they are involved in fruitless LGBTQ movements, take queer studies in university and generally have messed up lives (poor finances for instance). these people achieve nothing; it's very sad :(

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Do you have any real examples, posted before you said ppl itt advocate rape? It seems like you don't

Sure. LF, GBS 1.0, the e/n troon thread, and of course the entirety of reddit were just riddled with advocates of rape-by-fraud. If you oppose such behavior, then I apologize for assuming that you, like most tranfans I have encountered, are in favor of rape when it suits your agenda.

acephalousuniverse
Nov 4, 2012

Maoist Pussy posted:

Sure. LF, GBS 1.0, the e/n troon thread, and of course the entirety of reddit were just riddled with advocates of rape-by-fraud. If you oppose such behavior, then I apologize for assuming that you, like most tranfans I have encountered, are in favor of rape when it suits your agenda.

so you still don't have any actual examples, including any from this thread which is the one you said had people advocating rape

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

Maoist Pussy posted:

Yes! the e/n troon thread is the stuff of nightmare. there was a troon who advocated not telling their sex partners that they were a troon until actual physical penetration had occurred.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Your solution for eliminating bigotry is to eliminate the group that is being victimized, in other words

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

This is where people are going to see things differently.

Plom Bar posted:

Y'ever say any of this out loud when they're around? I bet that you don't. I figure you probably realize that they would react with hostility to the idea that they need to be fixed with your magic drug. You've expressed as much numerous times already. And of course, you don't for second consider that maybe they might have a point, and instead choose to believe that this hostility would just be them being angry at you for not being the perfect ally. So you're all smiles and sunshine when they're around, because otherwise they might become ungrateful for all the surely wonderful work that you've done. You think they can't handle this truth that is so self-evident to you.

They're better off without you.

We are not doing anything as coarse as "eliminating" the group being victimized. Stop being a victim. The group is being converted from an oppressed class to a non-oppressed class using the mental-realignment drug. This 30-day drug allows the mind to recognize the genetic makeup of the body, and recognize the mistakes it was making, fix itself, and voila! Problems solved. Body dysmorphia solved, no needs for hormones, SRS, therapy, nothing! A life of happy normalcy, relationships, love, children, the works. If you are angry about that, maybe you don't actually know enough trans people to really love them enough to do what is right for them, as opposed to what they want. Sometimes it takes a person or a group of people to come along to make hard decisions about the fate of another group of people that will make their lives better, in the end. This would help them. They may disagree initially, but would they would see it.

part 7/12 done.

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax
*penis inside mangled penis*

troon: I used to be a man :smug: :smug: :smug:

VVV the aforementioned is an actual example! i forget the troons name but xe had a very scary Dr. Franke-N-furter look!

Fireless Phoenix fucked around with this message at 23:39 on May 29, 2014

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

so you still don't have any actual examples, including any from this thread which is the one you said had people advocating rape

I don't know, man, I am not taking notes here.

acephalousuniverse
Nov 4, 2012

We are not doing anything as coarse as "eliminating" the group being victimized. Stop being a victim. The group is being converted from an oppressed class to a non-oppressed class using the mental-realignment drug. This 30-day drug allows the mind to recognize the genetic makeup of the body, and recognize the mistakes it was making, fix itself, and voila! Problems solved. Body dysmorphia solved, no needs for hormones, SRS, therapy, nothing! A life of happy normalcy, relationships, love, children, the works. If you are angry about that, maybe you don't actually know enough trans people to really love them enough to do what is right for them, as opposed to what they want. Sometimes it takes a person or a group of people to come along to make hard decisions about the fate of another group of people that will make their lives better, in the end. This would help them. They may disagree initially, but would they would see it.

part 7/12 done.

Your way of advocating for the rights and freedoms of a group is by forcing them to take a drug against their will which fundamentally changes the way their brain works.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Fireless Phoenix posted:

Interestingly enough the ones who would date troons have hosts of their own problems. typically they are involved in fruitless LGBTQ movements, take queer studies in university and generally have messed up lives (poor finances for instance). these people achieve nothing; it's very sad :(

Thats why I stay away from the "trans community". Ive noticed the same thing.

Its a bunch of Baristas with Art Degrees, unemployed people, social security leeches, and other people I prefer not to deal with. It seems like there is a very small population of trans people that are in STEM related fields.

Even the figure heads of the trans community are in the entertainment industry. :saddowns:

The only thing I have in common with these people is the fact that Im trans too.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Your way of advocating for the rights and freedoms of a group is by forcing them to take a drug against their will which fundamentally changes the way their brain works.

I think a more accurate statement is that it corrects the way their brain works. It is no more different than if we required a vaccine that prevented developmental disorders (If plom is to be believed).

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

part 7/12 done.

Organisms have a biological imperative to reproduce. In humans, this process is generally facilitated by sexual attraction to the opposite gender. But on occasion, something doesn't quite go the way it's supposed to, resulting in people who experience sexual attraction to the same gender. These people are subject to all sorts of nasty discrimination as a result of this little mishap that is by no means their fault. By your logic, these people should have a drug made for them that corrects this little mistake, allows their brain to recognize the gender they're supposed to be attracted to all along and voila! Discrimination solved!

You're human poo poo. If you actually think that any of this is benevolent at all, you also might be a sociopath.

acephalousuniverse
Nov 4, 2012

I think a more accurate statement is that it corrects the way their brain works. It is no more different than if we required a vaccine that prevented developmental disorders (If plom is to be believed).

Even granting that what you say is true, the concept of using force to "correct" transgender people so that they see themselves in the way you want them to is literally the opposite of advocating for their rights and freedoms and self-pride.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Even granting that what you say is true, the concept of using force to "correct" transgender people so that they see themselves in the way you want them to is literally the opposite of advocating for their rights and freedoms and self-pride.

They will have rights and freedoms with their correct gender assignment. I am not determining it. Nature did. Their brain made a mistake and we are fixing what their brain could not interpret. It is no different than any other mental disorder. I don't think you appreciate the fragility of the mental conditions in the trans community.

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

psyopmonkey posted:

Thats why I stay away from the "trans community". Ive noticed the same thing.

Its a bunch of Baristas with Art Degrees, unemployed people, social security leeches, and other people I prefer not to deal with. It seems like there is a very small population of trans people that are in STEM related fields.

Even the figure heads of the trans community are in the entertainment industry. :saddowns:

The only thing I have in common with these people is the fact that Im trans too.

you're p cool that way op i gotta say

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Plom Bar posted:

people who experience sexual attraction to the same gender. These people are subject to all sorts of nasty discrimination as a result of this little mishap that is by no means their fault. By your logic, these people should have a drug made for them that corrects this little mistake, allows their brain to recognize the gender they're supposed to be attracted to all along and voila! Discrimination solved!

We have been over this. Gay people don't try to rape straight people, so they aren't a problem. Also, where the hell do you live that there is discrimination in TYOOL 2014, haha.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

They will have rights and freedoms with their correct gender assignment. I am not determining it. Nature did. Their brain made a mistake and we are fixing what their brain could not interpret. It is no different than any other mental disorder. I don't think you appreciate the fragility of the mental conditions in the trans community.

By the way, did you happen to read that paper I linked a while ago? Here it is again:

Plom Bar posted:

Also, as promised: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21334362

quote:

As sexual differentiation of the brain takes place at a much later stage in development than sexual differentiation of the genitals, these two processes can be influenced independently of each other. Sex differences in cognition, gender identity (an individual's perception of their own sexual identity), sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality), and the risks of developing neuropsychiatric disorders are programmed into our brain during early development.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Plom Bar posted:

Organisms have a biological imperative to reproduce. In humans, this process is generally facilitated by sexual attraction to the opposite gender. But on occasion, something doesn't quite go the way it's supposed to, resulting in people who experience sexual attraction to the same gender. These people are subject to all sorts of nasty discrimination as a result of this little mishap that is by no means their fault. By your logic, these people should have a drug made for them that corrects this little mistake, allows their brain to recognize the gender they're supposed to be attracted to all along and voila! Discrimination solved!

You're human poo poo. If you actually think that any of this is benevolent at all, you also might be a sociopath.

You have been over-reacting and over-reaching throughout this entire thread. I do not understand why. It is possible that is simply how you communicate. If that is, I will simply bare it because that is my lot in life.

They deal with horrible discrimination and yes, it is by no means their fault. This is nothing about fault or criminalization. This is about getting people who are suffering to stop suffering, and instead getting them to feel good again as fast as possible. If you cannot see that, you are choosing to be blind.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Maoist Pussy posted:

We have been over this. Gay people don't try to rape straight people, so they aren't a problem. Also, where the hell do you live that there is discrimination in TYOOL 2014, haha.

I'm not talking about your obsessions with trans rape anymore, and I live on Earth.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Plom Bar posted:

By the way, did you happen to read that paper I linked a while ago? Here it is again:

[/quote]

Yes, I did see that paper. I also noticed the lack of documentation around transgenderism as a recognized coding and instead would be a failure of the brain. So that again establishes it as a mental condition.

Perhaps you should cite more carefully if you are going to "advocate" for your side.

acephalousuniverse
Nov 4, 2012

Maoist Pussy posted:

Uhh wasn't there a gay mod or guy with huge post count who got drove off the forums for posting about how he got his straight friends drunk and had sex with them

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

You have been over-reacting and over-reaching throughout this entire thread.

troon is irrational and lacks a grip on reality. news at 11.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uhh wasn't there a gay mod or guy with huge post count who got drove off the forums for posting about how he got his straight friends drunk and had sex with them

Aleph Null I think, or was that Jon Pop?

Was Aleph Null the trans person with the wife he brow-beated to stay with him? or her? I don't remember if he was mft or ftm.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

True

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax
that guy was also a troon apologist and SJW champion so really troons, it always comes back full circle.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

You have been over-reacting and over-reaching throughout this entire thread. I do not understand why. It is possible that is simply how you communicate. If that is, I will simply bare it because that is my lot in life.

They deal with horrible discrimination and yes, it is by no means their fault. This is nothing about fault or criminalization. This is about getting people who are suffering to stop suffering, and instead getting them to feel good again as fast as possible. If you cannot see that, you are choosing to be blind.

And suddenly I realize that you actually do advocate making a drug that "cures" homosexuality.

I really hope those images include some contact information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acephalousuniverse
Nov 4, 2012

gay people would be happier if they were straight and therefore didn't suffer discrimination or awkward social situations. therefore we should invent the de-gaying drug and force them to take it. this is literally your logic wrt to trans people

• Locked thread