Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
RIP them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

That was a powerful chapter. Or in other words:

Captain Invictus posted:

the author is really good at setting a mood

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jazz still has PTSD from Marbras sensei's torture session

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

hope she painted more than one or the other visitors are gonna be pretty confused

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

where the red fern gropes posted:

hope she painted more than one or the other visitors are gonna be pretty confused

I think the implication is you can't actually destroy the painting.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

I think this was the special effects stuff they got from Crocell. There were a few other things you can spot in chapter 337 that made their way into the haunted house, I recommend rereading it, there are some fun details to spot.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
The Most Incredible Duo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I'm glad the art dorks are getting recognition. I can't wait for Bachiko to react.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I worry that Bachiko may freak out and shoot the painting instead of burning it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah that's what I was thinking but I didn't post it because it seemed like a bad guess, but it makes sense if things are going to go wrong that that's probably how it will go

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
New Chapter of the Mafia Iruma spin off: https://mangadex.org/chapter/d6da0ce7-19a9-4bd9-8d56-650c17cd6ed9

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://mangadex.org/chapter/30147ff7-5507-4488-8319-ae271cc6ed5e/1

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
“Ah, Kalego-sensei. Once I was but a learner, but now I am the master.”

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

I am a little disappointed we don't get to see the reactions when those two actually see the painting. Also, the ranking system seems a little scuffed if you can jump up so much by winning a club popularity contest.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

I love the Valacs so much.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Roxors posted:

I am a little disappointed we don't get to see the reactions when those two actually see the painting. Also, the ranking system seems a little scuffed if you can jump up so much by winning a club popularity contest.

I doubt it's going to be that easy. I think they're going to promote Iruma to rank 6 but require him to pass some special test to get rank 7.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Roxors posted:

Well, it's a club popularity contest at the most elite school in the demon world that is also being visited by members of the Council That Rules Everything. The competition standard is pretty high.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ThingOne posted:

I love the Valacs so much.

LMAO same, came post that - Clara and the Valacs are a powerhouse.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I look forward to the Choir Club winning the contest. They had sparklers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Roxors posted:

Yeah, I feel like, particularly with how they ended the chapter with a question, there's an added wrinkle with the higher ranks so that a student can't game the system and achieve rank 10 just by putting on a nice show. I wouldn't even be surprised if, up until this point, the rank elevations quietly required the approval of some official and we just didn't know about it until now. Sullivan was just delegating his authority to raise demons' ranks to teachers like Kallego, and so on.